- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- NJ, United States
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 78,000
Solana III was built by local craftsmen in the International Boat building Training College in Lowestoft, UK under the supervision of Barry Van Geffen of Laurent Giles Naval Design firm and completed in 2010.
Solana III was imported from Europe to the USA in July 2014, All import duties were paid.
This yacht is a replica (with some modifications – added bowsprit; modified cabin top) of the Hiscocks’ Wanderer III. The Hiscocks were the first couple to make two circumnavigations in the 1950s and wrote many books on their cruises. Their original Wanderer III is still sailing strong after 300,000 miles
Boat painted, spars varnished and all bright work done in 2012. Bottom paints in 2012 and 2013. Last bright work done in September 2014.A recent quote from Cruising World (October 2014) on its review of the best 40 cruising boats of all times: "Wanderer III - Where to begin? Built in 1952 by Brit legends Eric and Susan Hiscock, and later sailed by another intrepid couple, Thies Matzen and Kicki Ericson, the diminutive but mighty 30-footer is the only boat ever to have won the Blue Water Medal twice, under both sets of owners. Now more than 60 years old. the boat has sailed nearly 300,000 nautical miles and is still crossing oceans. It's hard to deny the fact that simple, long-legged Wanderer III is surely the single-greatest pure cruising boat of all time." by Herb McCormick, In Cruising World October 2014, page 86
Please contact Rockport Marine at (207) 236-9651
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 29 ft 8 in
Beam: 9 ft 4 in
LWL: 24 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 16537 lbs
Headroom: 5 ft 11 in
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2001
Engine Model: 3GH130F
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 320
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 27 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (15 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (15 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
LOA 9.04m (29'8")
LWL 7.46m (24'6")
Beam 2.84m (9'4")
Draft 1.52m (5'0")
Displacement 7,500kg (16,537.5lbs)
Headroom 1.80m (5'11")
Wood carvel construction with a modified long keel underwater profile, paint finish
All fastenings to hull are copper / bronze, keel bolts are bronze, floor straps either bronze of laminated iroko. Deck fitting are bronze or brass.
- Berths 5
- Fuel capacity 1 x 68.2 ltr (15.0 G)
- Water capacity 3 x 136.4 ltr (30.0 G)
- Holding tank capacity 1 x 68.2 ltr (15.0 G)
- Engine 1 x diesel 27hp, Yanmar 3GH130F (2001). In September 2014 has 320 hours
- Steering Tiller
- Drive Shaft
- Prop(s) 3 blade fixed
All sails by Gowen in cream finish. Main sail with three reefs, staysail (in a removable staysail stay), genoa in a furler. Wooden spinnaker pole and halyard. Mast has a separate track for trysail.
Electric and electronics
- 12v, shore power (220v)
- 1 engine battery, 2 house batteries and 1 (2014) windlass battery
- All interior lights LEDs. LED tri-colour with anchor all round white.
- Separate steaming / deck light, starboard, port and stern light, all in bronze.
- Moore compass, Yeoman plotter, Garmin Montana handheld GPS, Garmin GPS 152 with external antenna and plotter linked by 'tacktick' to the masthead instruments. Speed, wind and depth instruments by Tacktick.
VHF ICOM M601
Nantes Mcmurdo ICS Nav6
All navigation professionally installed.
- Winter Boat Canvas
- Cabin heating by Taylor diesel / parafine unit fed either from the main diesel tank or from separate paraffin tank.
- Pressurised hot & cold water, separate 'nature pure' drinking water purifier and faucet.
- Both manual (hand operated) and pressurized fresh water.
- Cooker is also a Taylor item.
- Electric Muir windlass (with remote control)
- 2 anchors (35lb CQR 25lb CQR) with 90.00m (295'3") of chain
- 3 bilge pumps (2 manual / 1 electric)
- Windvane “Neptune” installed in the boonkin
- AIS AIT2000 (receiver and transponder)
Water heater Sigma Marine
Classic bronze winches Murray (4 in cockpit and 3 at the mast)
- Refrigerator/freezer Isotherm
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.