- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- VA, United States
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 339,000
SP Cruiser Hull No. 37
This particular hull was selected from the production line in the summer of 2010 by Island Packet Yachts for use as a platform to prototype a fully automated sailing system. This "AutoSail" system had been proven in sailing prototypes in the UK earlier in the year, however, Island Packet Yachts wanted to more fully measure the mechanics necessary for AutoSail in a production boat.
Hull #37 was maintained indoors at Island Packet Yachts' Largo, Florida facilities and was not available for sale until the AutoSail research was complete. This accounts for the extra low engine hours, boat show condition of the gelcoat, and freshness of all systems. In the fall of 2012, she was made ready for sale in the usual manner as a standard SP Cruiser production hull and was sold in 2013 to her current owners.
About The SP Cruiser
The award-winning SP Cruiser offers year round boating comfort, trawler-like livability and motoring performance, simple and versatile sailing and legendary Island Packet quality and value.
Among many unique features are the SP Cruiser's twin cockpits. One aft and one forward, both suitable for cruising, entertaining and comfortable living. Large CE Category A - Ocean rated opening windows in the enclosed deckhouse offer panoramic views, while the center windshield panel hinges upward to allow socializing with family and friends in the forward cockpit.
Control of this vessel is made easy and comfortable with dual swivel helm and companion chairs plus a large console forward of the wheel for engine controls and instrumentation. The autopilot gives you the ability to steer the boat from virtually any location aboard with a wireless handheld control.
Forward chairs and L-shaped settee surrounding the folding table, enabling meals, entertainment or relaxation regardless of weather conditions outside.
This yacht is in bristol condition. Petit blue hard signal coat followed by two coats of red ablative paint has been added in the late fall of 2014.
Whether you are exploring coastal waterways or making extended passages, the award-winning SP Cruiser offers all climate comfort with efficient and stable motoring and easily managed sailing.
Contact Ed Kurowski
Cell Phone : 443-480-3616 or EMail: email@example.com
About Ed Kurowski : I have worked in the yacht sales industry for 35 years and have handled national and international transactions for new builds, imports, new and brokerage vessels while leading an award winning sales and service team. My years and experiences have provided me with a solid background in negotiations, customer service, technical advice, outfitting solutions, financial recommendations and insurance referrals with a life long commitment to my customers.
My enthusiasm for yachting aboard quality cruising boats and logging over 40,000 sea miles translates into an approach that will help you select and equip your boat for comfortable and safe ownership and voyages.
I have the ability to perform for my clients who share the same high standards and desires that I do. I treat you, your vessel and transaction in the way that you deserve in a timely, conscientious, consistent and exacting manner.
Please contact Ed & Robin Kurowski at 443 480-3616
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bob Johnson, N.A.
Hull Shape: Monohull
Beam: 12 ft 9 in
LWL: 34 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 8 in
Displacement: 21000 lbs
Ballast: 5000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 10 in
Dry Weight: 23000 lbs
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: Yanmar 4JH4-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 160
Engine Power: 110 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (130 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (215 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 5
Number of heads: 1
- Raymarine Autohelm system linear drive and remote control (2013)
- Raymarine Chart Plotter - GPS : 125 E with multifunction display (2013)
- Raymarine Knot/Wind/Depth
- VHF Radio with full function Mic (2013)
- 5 batteries new in 2014, no maintenance required : 4 house and 1 engine starter
Hull & Deck
- IPY proprietary PolyClad3 Gel System with 10 year pro-rated limited warranty against osmotic blisters
- IPY proprietary PolyCore deck laminate with 10 year pro-rated limited warranty
- Exclusive full foil keel provides gentle entry, motion and stable seakeeping and performance
- Molded fiberglass hard cabin roof over deckhouse and aft cockpit
- Charleston in-mast roller furling main with self-tending roller furling jib on Hoyt boom
- Garhauer Rigid Boom Vang
- Topping lift
- Electric Winch Package includes two primary sheet and main sheet
- StoWinch Package: A simplified, self-tending roller furling sloop rig has sail controls led to an electric winch in the aft cockpit. A pair of StoWinches allow the main and jib to be trimmed with push button controls at both the helm and the fore and aft cockpit
- Electric Anchor Windlass : Muir VCR 1250 with reversible controls at helm and foredeck. 200' of 5/16' chain rode and rope safety tail
- ROCNA Anchor (over sized)
- Lower rubrail with stainless steel striker in addition to standard
- Dock lines and fender
Recessed foredeck. Patented Sea Safe anchor roller. Integral wide bow pulpit with stainless steel anchor roller enabling greater safety and immediate anchor access. Ground tackle storage with deck access and sealed bulkhead.
Forward cockpit with full length seats, walk-thru steps to side decks, table mount.
Aft cockpit with molded side seats, sail control console with electric winch, folding table, transom door and hot and cold shower.
Integral stern platform with swim/emergency boarding ladder and transom door.
Hot and cold water shower on transom.
- Frigoboat Keel Cooler Refrigerator/Freezer with individual digital controls
- Bow Thruster - 6 HP
- Engine oil change and oil filter change (2014)
- 16K BTU air conditioning and reverse cycle heat
- Electric macerator pump for overboard discharge of fiberglass holding tank
- 100 Amp Balmar Alternator with voltage regulator and Charles Digital Duo Charge Controller
- Two 30 Amp AC dockside power systems with inlet breakers and two 50' shore power cords
- UL listed marine pre-tined 600V color coded and numbered wiring throughout
- Deluxe electrical panels with battery switch, gauges and breakers for DC and AC systems, battery test system and indicator lights
- Galvanic isolator with remote monitor
- Bell mounted outside of pilothouse, ring from inside helm station
- Windshield wipers
- Edson Radial Drive Steering system
- Teleflex engine control
Accommodations and Interior
The interior accommodations of the SP Cruiser are especially spacious. Below you'll find the owner's stateroom forward with a double island berth and two hanging lockers. Just aft and to starboard is a large head and separate stall shower with private access from either side. Aft is a guest stateroom with two single berths, a large hanging locker and an array of storage cabinets.
Gourmet walk through galley featuring fridge/freezer compartments with dual Frigoboat systems and individual digital controls. Force 10 range and filtered water.
Office/nav station/vanity with retracting upholstered seat. Desk with storage tray and abundant space for electronics.
Pilothouse with central helm, L-shaped settee with table. panoramic views through slide-open side and rear windows.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Hampton, VA, United States
Kilmarnock, VA, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Newport, RI, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States