- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 850,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 1,319,370)
This blue water cruising catamaran oozes luxury and comfort. She is like new having just been completely fitted out, upgraded and made ready for the current owners' world girdling ambitions. Many things are new and unused. Unfortunately, only availlable due to an illness in the family. Comes with everything down the to the corkscrew, which is also new!
Please contact Mark Waterhouse at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Discovery Yachts Ltd
Designer: Dixon Yacht Design
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 25 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 3 in
Displacement: 14500 kgs
Total Power: 150 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine Power: 75 HP
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 4
Note: all images are current - taken by Berthons June 2015
KIWI SPIRIT was originally named DISCOVERY MAGIC and built for the Chairman of Discovery Yachts Ltd who planned a 2-year live-aboard sabbatical. In this ownership she completed an Atlantic circuit from the UK taking in the San Blas, Caribbean and East coast USA. She was kept in tip top condition because she was stopping off at various boat shows and exhibitions to be shown off to the world. This vessel received much acclaim in the yachting press.
Acclaimed and voted:
Cruising World – Best Import boat 2011
Cruising World – Best catamaran 2011
SAIL best boats – Best Multihull 2011
SAIL best boats – Best accommodation 2011
This beautiful 50ft catamaran is like new and is available at a substantial discount upon replacement cost. The current owner is a very experienced multihull owner and has spent a lot of time and money getting her up to his fastidious standards ready to cruise the world. She is sparkling and is equipped with everything you need to go long (or short) distance cruising and live aboard, right down to the corkscrew. New sails, new batteries, new paint job and new bits everywhere with most of it having little or no use since commissioning. The only reason for sale is a change in circumstances due a terminal illness. Consequently since purchase she has had exceptionally little use.
KIWI SPIRIT is configured with the Discovery Yachts philosophy of a vessel for short-handed world girdling in both style and comfort and with effortless handling. Where it has been possible to improve upon the original specification then the current owner has done so - with no expense spared! He has used his vast experience to improve on something that was already very, very good.
KIWI SPIRIT is fully equipped and truly ready for “the off”. She is essentially a turn-key proposition. All the re-fitting and expense has been done and most importantly she is “fully sorted”. The high specification speaks for itself. If you were specifying a new catamaran for luxurious short-handed world cruising, this would be close if not on the money!
Having completed a 5-year circumnavigation in a 65ft monohull I reached the conclusion that the ideal vessel for live-board long distance cruising has to be a catamaran. One spends a lot of time at anchor so stability, good visibility and an inside-outside flow are all desirable characteristics. A good dingy is essential – preferably a RIB. A cat provides an excellent platform for a good RIB kept on davits. This makes for quick easy dinghy drop and retrieval. The transom steps on a catamaran provide ease of boarding. All essential attributes for live aboard cruising.
Before purchasing Discovery Magic and transforming her into KIWI SPIRIT, I looked at and tried all the well-known production Catamarans in the size range 45ft to 55ft (and some lesser known designs). All were found lacking in one respect or another - until we came across the Discovery 50. By Catamaran standards KIWI SPIRIT has to be one of the best looking cats afloat. She is much admired wherever we go. The design, fit-out and build quality put her in a different league to all others that we looked at. By any standards, with all the upgrades and improvements that I have since carried out she would be hard to beat and needs to be viewed to be fully appreciated.
Ease of handling by a retired husband and wife combination was an important consideration. Sail handling is a doddle with twin furling headsails, self-tacking jib and in mast-furling along with electric winches. Good off-wind performance is achieved by an A3, asymmetrical reaching spinnaker, a Parasail downwind spinnaker (Wow, does it work! Who says cats don’t sail fast down wind?) and a self-furling storable Code Zero. Upwind performance is the Achilles heel of most Catamarans but thanks to a narrow sheeting angle and a large overlapping Genoa KIWI SPIRIT
will go to windward, like a monohull, at a sailing angle of just 35 degree apparent! This sets her apart from the majority of cruising catamarans.
Reliable engines and a good range under power are also important attributes for a long distance cruising yacht. With her twin 75Hp Yanmar engines there is worldwide service back-up. With her optional long range fuel tanks KIWI SPIRIT has a range of around 1,750nm under power.
Put simply, this Discovery 50 Cat redefines luxury live-aboard short-handed long distance cruising!
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
- Composite construction with a high density foam core providing exceptional stiffness and insulation. Laidup with vacuum technology for complete structural integrity. Weight is also kept to a minimum.
- Laid up with e-glass and locally reinforced with carbon fibre for additional strength and rigidity.
- Bow sections strengthened to increase impact resistance.
- Non-pigmented gel is used below the waterline which attracts less moisture providing increased resistance to osmosis.
- Vinylester resins are used throughout for added strength and protection against osmosis.
- Watertight compartments at the bows with through floor inspection covers and in-built bilge pumps
- Watertight bulkhead between sail lockers at each bow and the accommodation. Sail lockers are equipped with bilge pumps.
- Watertight bulkheads in engine compartments.
- Epoxy coated as a barrier against moisture ingress.
- Coppercoat anti-foul (renewed 2015).
- Complete hull gelcoat respray by Goodacres in Portsmouth (2013).
- Silver/grey boot topping (2013 removable transfer).
- Kiwi Spirit logos on hulls (2013 removable transfers).
- Kiwi Spirit transfers on transom and on boom (2013 removable).
- 1 retractable bathing ladder on transom with concealed stowage .
- Composite construction with foam core providing strength, insulation and light weight.
- Marine ply is used in all load bearing areas for added strength.
- White gel coat.
- Teak capping rail & cockpit area.
- Large self-draining gas locker – now storage for dive bottles and dingy fuel.
- Large storage/sail lockers forward with deck access hatches.
- Lights in all deck lockers.
- Self-draining chain locker.
- Sea water deck wash (with 15m hose).
- Fresh water deck wash.
- Non-skid areas of deck painted grey (2014).
- Spa bath on foredeck with ability to use fresh water or salt water. This has been modified with seals fitted to become dual purpose so it can also be used as a watertight sail locker.
Keel & Rudder:
- Jeffa Steering
- Integral stub keels (one on each hull).
- Additional strength laminated into keels.
Engines & Gearboxes:
- 2 x Yanmar 75HP – fresh water cooled and with “Dry” underwater exhaust (Stbd engine replaced 2013)
- 2 x Yanmar Saildrives.
- 2 x Racor or equivalent fuel filter & water separator.
- Full height engine rooms – massive space to conduct maintenance procedures.
- Both turbos on Yanmar engines fully serviced (2015).
- Speed seal quick service kits fitted to Yanmar raw water pumps.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed under power 8 Kts at 2,600 RPM using both engines. 7 Kts using one engine.
- Range: up to 1,750nm under power using one engine at 2,600 RPM.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Single lever controls at cockpit steering position.
- 2 x 18” folding propeller.
- Stainless steel leather bound wheel.
- Jeffa Steering
- Semi-balanced large Kevlar reinforced rudders provide light but powerful steerage.
- Raymarine 6002+ Autopilot for shorthanded sailing with control at helm station.
- Raymarine Autohelm pilot control at Nav station enabling inside steering when under autopilot
- Emergency steering tiller.
- Marine grade tinned cabling is used throughout. This reduces corrosion and provides longevity.
- 2-wire LAN-Bus system provides reliability, ease of use and easy maintenance.
Battery Banks and battery monitoring:
a) 24v House batteries
- 8 x Rolls AMG 450 Amp/Hr 6V maintenance free “house” batteries providing 900 Amp/Hrs capacity at 24v (New 2014).
- House battery charging when alongside is via 230v shore power or 110v shore power.
- House battery charging when at sea is via 2x 150 Amp/hour alternators (one on each engine). Alternatively house battery charging is available from the AC Fisher Panda Generator via the Victron battery chargers
- Victron energy BMV 6005 Battery Monitor to monitor state of charge and Amp Hrs consumption (2014).
b) 12v Start batteries
- 2 x 120 Amp/hr 12v start batteries. One for each Yanmar engine (2014).
- 1 x 120 Amp/hr 12v start battery for AC Generator (2103)
a) 24v House batteries
- 2 x 220v-24v Victron Chargers/invertors to charge house batteries when connected to shore power or AC generator is operating
- 1 x 110v-24v Victron Charger to enable charging from 110v shore power ( USA and other locations)
- 5kW Inverter/chargers providing 230v/50Hz. This enables 230v power to be obtained from the 24v house batteries.
b) 12v Start batteries
- 2 x 220v-12v Victron battery chargers to separately charge Port and Stbd engine start batteries when connected to shore power or AC generator is operating. One of these chargers has a splitter to charge the 12v start battery for the Fisher Pander Gen set.
- 2 x 80 Amp -12v Alternators (one on each Yanmar engine) to charge the individual engine start batteries when the engines are running
- Built-in battery parallel wiring and switch for emergency engine start from one engine to the other
- 150 Amp/hr 24v alternators on each engine – for rapid charging of 24v house batteries when engines are running. The alternator capacity is large enough to enable operation of the air-conditioning via the invertor whilst running engines.
- 2 x 80 Amp -12v Alternators (one on each Yanmar engine) Charge the engine start batteries when the engines are running
AC Generator (Retrofit 2103):
- 6Kw Fisher Pander 230v Generator in insulated sound shield – installed within cockpit forward locker. This provides 230v power for the electric hob and facilitates battery charging when at sea or at anchor.
- Cooling water exhaust is below water line for peaceful running (Dry exhaust system).
- 230v/50Hz Shore power.
- 110v/60Hz shore power connectivity to provide 230v via invertor.
- 32 Amp shore power cable.
- 15m extension cable in addition to standard 20m Shore power lead.
- 2x Victron 24v to 230v invertors. (5Kw) There are integral with the Victron chargers
- 6 x Sunware Solar panels 82cm x 55cm and smart voltage control. These Solar Panels provide 7.0 Amp/hr at 24v charge during daylight (New 2014).
- 24v-12v solid state dropper for operation of 12v instruments.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurized hot and cold fresh water.
- Hot water provided from engines via calorifiers or via immersion heaters when connected to 230v shore power or when power is provided from AC generator
- Fresh water foot pump for back up.
- 2 x 30 Litre calorifiers. One for each hull.
- Pressurized sea water for deck wash, electric toilets and hot tub.
- Total capacity of 550 litres in two separate tanks with change-over valves.
- Seafresh 95 litres/hour fitted within Port engine room.
- Hour clock Fitted to watermaker to facilitate monitoring and servicing (2015).
- 2 x 24v Electric automatic bilge pumps with float switches fitted within watertight compartments to pump out these compartments in the event of an impact breach or leak (2013).
- 2 x 24v Electric automatic bilge pumps fitted within forepeak sail lockers to pump out these compartments in the event of an impact breach or leak (2013).
- 2 x 24v Electric automatic bilge pumps fitted to main bilges
- 2x 24v Electric automatic bilge pumps with float switches fitted within engine compartments
- 1 x Manual bilge pump with 2-way changeover valve fitted in cockpit. This can pump out water from the bilges in either hull.
- 2 x Standard fuel tanks with total 780 litres capacity.
- 2 x long range fuel tanks fitted under aft cabin berths, both providing an additional 970 litres ( Total 1,750l)
- Total range approx. 1,750nm under power at 2,600 RPM 7kts cruising speed on one engine
- Transfer valves and plumbing to enable fuel transfer between fore and aft tanks and between Port and Sstbd tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 x Black water holding tanks approx. 80 litres. One within each hull. Overboard discharge or deck pump-out
- Loop LED Navigation lights
- Loop LED Tri-colour light and anchor light at masthead
- 2 x Raymarine C120 wide screen plotters/radars. One at nav. station and one at helm.
- Raymarine “Fishfinder” transducer fitted and linked to C120W plotter to provide a graphic display of seabed - to assist in anchoring (2013).
- AIS Receiver and transmitter.
- Raymarine Autopilot ST6002+.
- Raymarine Remote Autohelm/pilot control at Nav station.
- Raymarine 4kW Digital Radar.
- Raymarine Wind instruments with separate ST60 speed, wind & depth displays in cockpit.
- Raymarine ST 60 Wind instrument at Chart table
- Raymarine ST 60 Graphic Multi-function display fitted beside bed in Master cabin to enable monitoring when not on watch (2013).
- Garmin GPS. Back up
- Echomax active x-band radar reflector.
- Salcom EPIRB (2013).
- Easy NAVTEX automatic receiver and antenna (2014).
- Dragonfly demountable clock in cockpit(2014).
- Barigo clock and Barigo barometer installed in Saloon (2014)
- Barigo clock installed in fore cabin (2014).
Circuit Breaker Panels
- Panel in saloon adjacent to chart table with CB’s for all frequently used services
- 24v CB’ panel located forward within Port corridor
- 230v CB panel located Aft within Port Coridor
- ICOM M505 multi-channel VHF with DSC and masthead antenna.
- Cockpit VHF second handset option.
- Mast mounted loud hailer for sound signals - with automatic foghorn function and loud hailer function via microphones at either Nav. station or helm.
- Iridium 9555 satellite phone with whip antenna on transom. Offers voice communication and Sailamail e-mail and weather information
- Icom 802 SSB Radio with Pactor 4 Modem and Whip Antenna (2015) with connection to lap top computer for receiving weather maps and e-mail data.
- Earth plate installed beneath Port engine room for SSB radio.
- HF Win Radio receiver (now obsolete since fitting of SSB).
- Long Range Wi-Wi Antenna with internal Wifi Router
Gas on board is considered to be a safety hazard and has been removed. Eliminating gas removes the problem of recharging gas bottles and the fact that every country has different gas regulations and uses different regulators and gas fittings. Another benefit has been removal of two large gas bottles considerable saving weight. The former gas locker now provides useful storage for dive bottles, fuel for RIB and dingy equipment.
A 230v electric hob has been fitted. This can be used when connected to shore power (230v or 110v). It can also be used with the 230v invertor when the ships engines are operating. Whilst at anchor the hob is powered by the 230v AC Generator. Since, when at sea, the generator is used daily for battery charging timing can be arranged so that battery charging and cooking are undertaken contemporaneously. A Wallas diesel fired oven was selected because there is always diesel aboard. Oven temperature is thermostatically controlled and operates just like an electric or gas oven.
- 3-plate ceramic hob with pot holders to replace gas hob (2015 -unused).
- Wallas stainless steel diesel fired oven to replace Smev gas oven (2015 -unused).
- 230v/110v Microwave
- Plenty of storage in drawers or cupboards.
- Extra shelf fitted beneath sink (2013)
- Melamine crockery for 8 (2013)
- Cutlery for 8 (2013).
- Cookware and utensils (2103).
- PVC glassware for 8 (2013)
- Fitted storage drawer for glassware.
- New wall mounted storage rack in galley (2015).
- Large and efficient front & back opening fridge for easy access. (290 Litres/9 cubic feet).
- Large and efficient front opening freezer (170 Litres/6 cubic feet).
- Double sink for ease of use.
- Corian worktop with built-in draining board
- All cabins have en-suite heads with separate stall showers. The master cabin has two heads compartments!
- GRP moulded units for ease of cleaning
- 4 x Tecma 24v electric toilets that use either fresh or salt water to flush (change over valve)
- Pressurized hot and cold water.
- Showers with thermostatic pre-set temperature controls
- 2 x 24v Automatic electric shower and sink sump pumps.
- 4 x Access to bilges via inspection hatches (2014)
- Hot & cold fresh water shower on aft deck to Port.
- Full size domestic washer/drier installed within cupboard in Port passageway
- Iron and ironing board included.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher diesel fired hot air heating throughout with individual controls in saloon and in all cabins (2013).
- Clima air-conditioning (5 individual units. 2 x units in the saloon and 1 x in each cabin).
- Cafromo 24v fans fitted in all cabins and at chart table.
- Stereo FM tuner /CD/DVD player with MP3 I-pod connection
- External waterproof cockpit speakers.
- Concealed Panasonic flat screen TV in saloon with active mast antenna.
- LED ceiling down lights throughout interior with mood lighting dimmers.
- Bedside halogen reading lights beside all berths
- LED Night lights throughout the boat.
- LED Lights in transom steps
- Overhead cockpit light on underside of boom
- Spreader/deck lights
- LED lighting in cockpit lockers
- Lighting in Forepeak sail lockers
- Lighting in both engine rooms
Summary of Accommodation:
- Interior joinery in maple with optional extra cross cut finish.
- Floors throughout in dark brown hard earing Amitco flooring
- Optional carpets fitted partially to fore cabin and aft cabins.
- 10 x pillows (2013).
- Fitted custom sheets for all berths (2013).
- 3 x NZ lightweight Featherdown blankets / duvets (2013).
- 6 x Bathroom towels (2013)
- 12 x scatter cushions for saloon and Bedrooms
Windows, Hatches & Ventilation:
- Toughened safety glass with slight tint Houdini double glazed windows fitted to saloon.
- Saloon side windows fitted with custom Oceanair pleated blinds
- Aft cabins hull fixed portlights fitted with custom Oceanair pleated blinds
- Master cabin hull fixed portlights fitted with custom Roman blinds
- Lewmar and Gebo opening deck hatches around the boat.
- All opening deck hatches fitted with intimal Oceanair blinds and bug screens
- 2 x Lewmar escape hatches fitted beneath hinged companionway steps in each hull
Watertight access hatches:
- 4 x fitted to floors of sail lockers to provide access to forward watertight compartments.
- 4 x fitted to floors of heads compartments to provide access to inspect and to completely dry out main bilges.
- 2 x fitted to floor of lockers within fore cabin to provide access to forward compartment of main bilges.
Description of layout:
Full width Main or “Master” Forward Cabin with “his” and “hers” separate en-suite heads compartments:
This cabin is exceptionally spacious even by the standards of much larger vessels:
- “Californian King” size bed with split mattress (2m x 2m).
- Comfortable quality inner spring mattress
- Padded headboard to bed and bedside cabinets on each side
- Wardrobes with internal lighting. Cupboards with shelves on each side
- 4 x water hyacinth linen lined storage baskets on shelves around salon providing convenient accessible compartmentalised stowage
- 2x large under-bed drawers on each side.
- Storage cabinets with shelves under the fixed portlights on each side
- Storage cabinets with shelves at foot of bed
- Settee with storage under on Port side
- Vanity unit with stool on Stbd side
- Hull fixed portlights on each side – providing extra light and good external visibility
- Amtico flooring with bedside fitted carpeting (2015).
- 2 x Lewmar Deck hatches with blinds and bug screens
- 2 x Forward facing opening deck hatches with roller blinds
- Huge underfloor storage on both sides with under floor lighting.
- Scandinavian ventilation Slats under mattress
- Storage drawers under-berth
Open plan Saloon / Galley with internal Nav. area.
- Raised seating to Nav. station providing panoramic vision.
- 2-person leather Nav. Seat for inside watchkeeping
- Corner leather sofa with storage under.
- L-shaped leather seating around feature saloon table – horizon visibility from seated position
- Large feature saloon table with inlay
- 2 x Folding light weight powder coated aluminium “Directors” Chairs
- Drinks locker.
- library storage to Port and Stbd – Including filed instruction manuals for all equipment on board
- 10 x water hyacinth linen lined storage baskets on shelves around salon providing convenient accessible compartmentalised stowage
- Sliding door opening to cockpit.
- Sliding window aft to cockpit - opens up the living space even further.
- 3 x deck hatches with Ocenair blinds and bug screens.
- Dark Amtico hard wearing flooring.
- U-shaped galley makes working here easy whether at sea or anchor. There is all-round visibility whilst standing within the galley.
- 3- burner 230v Electric hob with pot holders (2015 – unused)
- Wallas diesel fired Oven and grill (2015-unused)
- 230v Microwave oven
- Massive 24v freezer and 2 x fridges.
- Storage drawers and cupboards
- Corian work top with built-in draining board
- Large garbage locker with counter top lid for easy disposal
Navigation Area - with excellent internal watch keeping visibility:
- Raised navigation seat providing panoramic vision.
- Rayamrine 120C plotter with Radar.
- Raymarine autopilot control – Vessel can be steered from internal nav station
- Rayarine ST 60 Wind Direction.
- SSB Radio and Sat phone all to hand – with interface to Laptop (Laptop not included).
- Victron battery Monitor.
- Navtext Display.
- Chart light with Red night light feature.
- Adjacent main switchboard Battery voltage indicators together with with Fuel and water gauges
Stbd Aft Cabin with en-suite heads:
- Full Queen-size double-island berth with comfortable inner sprung mattress.
- Slats under mattress and storage lockers under-berth
- Padded headboard
- Wardrobe with internal lighting.
- Drawer stowage under bed.
- Under floor storage and bilge access
- 2-opening Lewmar hatches with Oceanair blinds and bug screens.
- Massive side hull portlights provide great bedside views -fitted with Oceanair pleated blinds
- Spacious en-suite heads with separate walk in shower, Tecma electric toilet and Vanity cupboard.
Port Aft Cabin with en-suite heads:
- Twin single-berth bunks with comfortable inner sprung mattress.
- Scandinavian sttle slats under mattress and storage lockers underberth
- Padded headboards
- Wardrobe with internal lighting
- Drawer stowage under beds.
- 2-opening Lewmar hatches with Oceanair blinds and bug screens.
- Massive side hull portlights provide great bedside views – fitted with Oceanair pleated blinds.
- Under floor storage and bilge access
- En-suite heads with separate walk in shower, Tecma electric toilet and Vanity cupboard.
Walk-trough aft cockpit providing a spacious area for comfortable outdoor living and entertaining
- Self-draining with large cockpit drains to remove water quickly with steel grating to stop smaller items being lost.
- Deep seat backs for maximum comfort and safety.
- Sunbrella cockpits seat bases (Grey with turquoise piping 2013)
- Substantial folding cockpit table for alfresco dining.
- Water resistant cockpit speakers.
- Single steering position – leather covered wheel.
- Helmsman’s folding seat – double to accommodate two people
- Freshwater hose outlet in cockpit.
- Sunbrella Spray Hood with Clear PVC windows and roll-up centre window.
- Fully integral cockpit Bimini that zips onto Sprayhood but can also fold back for sailing with an open cockpit
- Zip-out roll-up enclosure section above helmsman’s’ seat for stand up visibility
- Generator within its own sound shield with in insulated cockpit seat (very quiet) and easybaccess.
The yacht was built with a single head stay necessitating sail changes between overlapping Genoa and the self-tacking Solent Jib. This was modified in 2013 to a two head stay set up. Kiwi Spirit now has a larger furling Genoa. Inboard is a furling self-tacking Solent jib. This is more convenient and efficient since as the wind increases it allows the Genoa to be furled and the Solent jib to be deployed literally at the push pf a button - without any physical effort. The Solent Jib can then be roller reefed as required in response to increasing winds
Unusually, for a catamaran Kiwi Spirit has electric push-button in-mast furling. This greatly facilitates reefing enabling seamless adjustments to the sail plan in response to fluctuating wind conditions. It also simplifies sail stowage and avoids the difficulties of try to pack a large cat mainsail into lazy jack bags. What a joy!
- Selden Spars
- Optional extra cost white painted aluminium spars in lieu of standard anodised aluminium.
- Selden electric in-mast furling that accommodates a fully battened main (Vertical battens)
- 2 x Andersen 46ST SS manual mast winches.
- Harken black anodised mainsheet traveller track.
- 1 x Andersen 65ST SS electric mainsheet winch
- Harken black anodised traveller for self-tacking Solent Jib.
- 2 x Andersen 56ST SS Electric sheet winches for assisted manual furling of both Genoa and Solent
- Harken turning blocks.
- Standing rigging – 1 x 19 stainless steel wire in swaged terminals.
- Trampolines with UV protected thread (By Kemp Sails 1015).
- Bowsprit with heavy duty SS bobstays to take furling Genoa (2013), Code Zero and A3 spinnaker.
- Genoa SS wire forestay with aluminum foil and Selden furler (2013).
- 1 x 10mm Dynema Spinnaker halyard (2014) also used for Parasail and Code Zero)
- 1 x 12mm Genoa halyard
- 1 x 12mm Jib halyard
- 1 x 12 mm Main halyard
- 1 x 12 mm Topping lift
- 1 x 12mm Second topping lift – used when sending a man aloft (using electric winch)
- 2 x 12mm Spinnaker sheets / guys
- 2 x 12mm x 30m Dynema sheets or guys for Parasail with quick release Super shackles (2013).
- 2 x 4” Harken turning blocks fitted to the bows for Parasail tack lines (2013).
- 2 x 4” Harken turning blocks fitted aft to replace 3” Std Harken blocks(2015)
- Harken 3” turning blocks fitted to base of mast for Spinnaker/Parasailor tack lines.
- 12mm Dynema tack line for use with A3 Spinnaker or with Screecher (2013).
- 12mm Genoa sheets
- 12mm Solent Jib Sheets
- 14mm Mainsheet (2014).
- All winches are 316 SS Andersen self-tailing winches (upgraded from standard Harken).
- 2 x Andersen 56 ST SS Electric headsail winches
- 1 x Andersen 65 ST SS Electric main sheet winch
- 2 x Mast mounted Manual Andersen 46ST manual winches to provide for control of Parasail tack lines (only one 46ST is standard for halyards).
- 2 x Andersen 52ST manual winches fitted to transom for traveller control to act as sheet winches for A3 Spinnaker or Parasailer or Code Zero (2013 upgrade from standard 46ST’s).
Kiwis spirit is set up for ease of sail handling but also with a sail wardrobe that will enable the sail enthusiast to obtain the maximum enjoyment. The choice of sail combinations allows, if desired, for the best performance to be obtained by matching the different sail options to the appropriate apparent wind direction:
- Furling/Reefing Mainsail – New 2014/15. This Vectran sail was new from Kemp. It was used for only about 500nm but the owner was dissatisfied and it was returned. The top half of the sail was rebuilt using Kevlar weave and the sail has since been trailed once for about an hour and is now excellent. For all practical purposes this sail could be regarded as a 2015 sail.
Note: Original main was fully serviced by Kemp in 2013 and is available as a spare.
- Furling Genoa – The headsail of choice for winds up to 18/20kts. New 2015. This Vectran sail is 11 sq m larger than the original Genoa. This is because of the addition of the new genoa furler forward of the original forestay. It has been used for one hour of sail trials and is superb.
Note: The original genoa (little used) was fully serviced by Kemp in 2013, and fitted with a new Sunbrella sacrificial strip. It is available as a spare and can be used on either furler.
- Furling/Reefing self-tacking “Solent” jib – A sail for close tacking or for stronger winds. Original. This was serviced by Kemp in 2013 and again in 2015. It was also fitted with a new Sunbrella sacrificial strip.
- Self-furling Reacher/Code Zero – A sail for close reaching. Original and in very good condition. Serviced by Kemp in 2013.
- A3 Asymmetrical reaching spinnaker with dowsing sock (186 sq m). A sail for Beam reaching . New 2014 and used once. A versatile and easy to use sail that sets beautifully and adds instant performance
- Parasailor – downwind spinnaker (205 sq m). New 2014. A superb stable downwind sail. Used once for one hour in sea trials.
- Stainless pulpit with teak seats for dolphin watching – one on each hull.
- Extra height stanchions with SS lifelines for better safety on deck
- Port and Starboard side opening boarding gates in guard rails for ease of alongside boarding
- Demountable custom made boarding ladder (aluminium white painted)
- Lightweight Carbon fibre passerelle boarding ladder with stainless steel transom socket (2013). Can be deployed if berthed Mediterranean style stern-to or bow-to
- Storage shelf fitted in Port fwd sail locker for storage plastic spares boxes (2013).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 8 x stainless steel mooring cleats.
- Lewmar V 5 vertical electric windlass with warping drum.
- Lewmar Remote control for windlass operation on foredeck
- Lewmar Remote anchor control and chain counter at helm station
- 90m length of calibrated 10mm galvanized anchor chain with New SS swivel (New 2015 to replace Std 50m length chain to enable safe anchoring in deeper water)
- 45 Kg Spade galvanised anchor stows in stem head fitting.
- Anchor trip line with anchor marking buoy (2103 – unused)
- Fortress Aluminum lightweight Kedge anchor with multiplat anchor rode and chain – Stowed in cockpit locker
- 2 x 10m braided mooring lines with protected eyes and rubbersnubbers
- 2 x 15m braided mooring lines with protected eyes – used as springs
- 2 x 3-ply 10m winter mooring lines with SS bollard chains.
- 2 x 3-ply 18mm x 15m mooring lines (Dark blue).
- 2 x 3-ply 18mm x 20m long length mooring lines (Black).
- 6 x Defender Hypalon inflatable sausage fenders + I x spare (Grey).
- 2 x Inflatable sausage fenders for deployment on transoms when stern-to (Black)
- 2 x PVC Ball Fenders with black socks
- 1 x PVC running Fender
- Multiplat anchoring bridle (black).
Covers, Canvas & Cushions (All 2013):
- Sprayhood in Silver/Grey Sunbrella with opening central panel and new SS framework .
- Fold-back Bimini in Silver/Grey Sunbrella with new SS framework.
- Bimini cover in Silver/Grey Sunbrella for when Bimini is folded back.
- Bimini cockpit enclosure side and back curtains for inclement weather.
- Bimini Mesh side and back curtains for sun protection with ventilation.
- 2 x Fender aprons in Silver/Grey Sunbrella (original black fender aprons retained).
- Cockpit cushions in Silver/Grey Sunbrella piped Turquoise.
- Cockpit side sunbathing folding cushions in Turquoise piped grey
- Cockpit table padded sun-protection cover in Silver/Grey Sunbrella.
- Saloon table padded cover in cream PVC.
- Hemsmans’ seat cover in Silver/Grey Sunbrella.
- Helmsmans’ stowage bag in Silver/Grey Sunbrella – attached to base of seat.
- Fitted RIB sun protection cover in Silver/Grey Sunbrella.
- Life lines on deck (Black – underbelly lifelines are white).
- Teak grating for floor base at helmsman’s seat. Increases visibility by 50mm
- Teak grating for base of spa bath.
- Teak grate for base of dive locker.
RIB Tender & Outboard:
- NZ made Southern Pacific Sheerwater 310 RIB (2013), with a white painted aluminum hull and white Hypalon replaceable tubes. Transom fitted with retractable wheels(Lightweight -only 35kg weight ex-engine).
- Yamaha 4-stroke 9.9HP outboard (2014 – used 10hrs only).
- Davit lifting points fitted to RIB and new lifting lines (2013).
- 2 x Securing straps for RIB when in davits (2013).
- Folding anchor and chain for RIB (2013 –unused)
- VHF, SSB RADIO and SAT Phone
- Forghorn and mast mounted loud hailer (2013)
- Plastimo life raft in PVC canister stowed within easy-drop hinged SS frame on transom ( serviced 2013)
- Stainless stanchions with higher than standard guard rail for added safety around deck.
- Stainless grab rails along coach roof.
- Strong along deck webbing Jackstays for safety line attachment.
- Strong underbelly webbing Jackstays for safety line attachment
- 6 x Crewsaver life jackets
- 6 x life lines
- Offshore flare pack
- EPIRB (2013)
Note: Full cruising inventory is included.
- 50m white 12mm soft anti-kink water house with fittings and nozzles
- 2 x Telescopic long handled soft hull and deck washing brushes
- 1 x Hard long handles hard deck washing brush (used for non-skid areas)
- 2 x soft hand brushes
- 2 x Black rubber buckets with lanyards
- 1 x Mop and bucket
- Miscellaneous cleaning materials and polishes.
These are too detailed to specify but include:
- Tool kit
- Nuts bolts, washers, screws
- Spare shackles
- Spare lines.
- Yanmar Engine spares and consumables
- Fisher Panda Generator Spares and consumables
- Watermakers spares and consumables
- Electrical spares
- Plumbing spares
- Spare 24V Jabsco Fresh water pump
- Spare 24v Jabsco shower pump
- Hose clips
- Power extension cords
- Miscellaneous other spares
E & O.E.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
FPB 115 Offshore Motor Vessel
Unknown, New Zealand
North Island, New Zealand
Unknown, New Zealand
60m Tall Ship
Cruising Northern Europe, United Kingdom
Carbon Ocean Yachts
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Cruising West Mediterranean, Spain