The best selling Vicem 72 Classic (now called the Vicem 77) floats at the top of her yachting class. The hit of every boat show, she has graced the covers of all the major yachting magazines. Built with the same uncompromising attention to detail as the rest of the Classic line, she is a meticulously designed solution to family life on the water. Her convertible double bunk bed guest cabin offers maximum flexibility for both family and guests. This 72 footer is the natural choice for those wishing to embark on demanding voyages in comfort, style and safety.
Watch this video of the Vicem 72 CHANCE during the Yachting review
For details on the Vicem Yachts construction, please view the video below
Please contact Semmes Yachts at 410-263-2245
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 72 ft 2 in
Beam: 18 ft 8 in
LWL: 68 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 7 in
Displacement: 109400 lbs
Total Power: 3100 HP
Engine Brand: MAN
Engine Model: V12 1550 CRM
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 1550 HP
Engine Brand: MAN
Engine Model: V12 1550 CRM
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 1550 HP
Number of single berths: 6
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 4
Vicem 72 (now called 77) Overview
A Modern Classic - the Vicem 72' Flybridge Classic Cruiser is handcrafted from the finest materials available to be the best in its class and size range. This yacht has a handsome classic look and provides a quiet, dry ride because of Vicem’s superior design and construction technique.
Vicem Yachts are constructed of African and South American Mahogany and Epoxy resin. Mahogany is a renewable resource, reducing our carbon footprint. Also noteworthy, is the fact that Vicem Yachts are constructed in clean factories without the smell of styrene emissions found in polyester fiberglass factories. Vicem employs very few minimum skilled workers; every boat builder is a qualified carpenter who performs at different levels depending on the difficulty of the task. All wood on a Vicem hull and the keel, chine, sheer, frames, and beams are coated with epoxy resin serving as a moisture barrier.
The exterior of the hull and interior of the entire bilge and engine room area is further coated with a layer of E-glass cloth and epoxy resin that is finished with epoxy fairing compounds, epoxy primers, and poly-urethane paint. Over 100 Vicem Yachts up to 92 feet have been built using this time-proven blend of modern and traditional construction methods.
The Vicem 72 has a custom interior equipped with three private staterooms, three heads with separate stall showers, an amazing galley that rivals any home kitchen and a light and airy main salon with 360 degree views.
Outdoor entertaining is a pleasure with a very large cockpit equipped with L-shaped settee and high-low fold out dining table. Up a graceful spiral staircase is the immense fly-bridge equipped with wrap-around seating, wet bar, BBQ grill and more.
Crew accommodations include a private stateroom with twin berths and private crew head.
The Main Salon on the Vicem 72 is spacious and stunning. Words cannot do justice. Port side is a comfortable settee with a mahogany entertainment cabinet aft. A built-in flat screen TV is above this cabinet. Custom, mahogany wood work above blends the air conditioning system into the beautiful decor. Starboard side is another straight settee and a large , movable dining table. Additional seating at the dining table is provided by 2 fantastic custom seats that have storage inside. Forward of the starboard settee is a wine chiller in a custom mahogany cabinet. An ice maker is stowed under the forward facing companion seat on the port side.
The lower helm is located forward of the main salon, starboard side. A helm door provides easy access to the wide side decks for ease in boat handling. A complete helm and large and comfortable helm seat makes navigation a pleasure in bad weather.
* U-Line ice maker in built-in cabinet under companion seat
* Sub-Zero wine cooler installed in custom cabinet
From the salon, it is four graceful steps down to the open galley, with its cathedral ceiling open to the windshield above. There is ample storage for all cookware, and all drawers have the desirable "soft close" feature. Large windows at counter height provide extra natural lighting and the galley island also serves as a "sea" brace while underway. Beautiful beveled granite counter-tops complete the classic look. A washer/dryer combo unit is mounted under the companionway steps.
*SubZero full size refrigerator series 700 with two crisper drawers
*Bosch 4 burner electric cooktop
*Bosch microwave/conventional oven
The Master Stateroom is starboard of the galley, in the quiet mid-ship area. It has a large walk-around berth with drawers underneath and night stands. A wall mounted flat screen TV is opposite the bed with distinctive blue LED overhead accent lighting as well as discreet floor night lights. Forward of the berth is a settee and desk. On the aft wall are beautiful mahogany hanging lockers and drawers.
The master head is located forward with a Techma electric head, vessel sink, granite counters and beautiful tile work in the separate stall shower.
The VIP cabin, which is often mistaken for the master stateroom, is all the way forward with a large island berth, beautiful mahogany hanging locker and drawers, a dressing table with seat and mirror and settee seating.
A private head is just aft, port side, with a Techma electric head, granite counter-top, vessel sink and beautiful tiled separate stall shower.
Bunk Room and Day Head
A large and perfectly laid-out bunk room is located forward, starboard side. She is equipped with two large single berths separated by a night stand and cabinetry. When needed, two large pullman berths drop down to provide berths for 4. This cabin has its own entertainment system and a 17" flat panel TV with a private cable TV receiver.
The day head is located forward of the galley, port side, and is equipped with an electric Techma head, granite counter-tops, vessel sink and separate stall shower with custom tile work.
Cockpit and deck
The large cockpit on the Vicem 72 is accessed from the swim platform through a transom door. A very large L-shaped settee provides plenty of seating and a custom mahogany table can be raised and opened for dining or left low and closed for cocktails. A a granite topped mahogany cabinet houses a refrigerator. Engine room and crew quarters are accessed through an opening hatch in the cockpit. Double sliding doors and a small step up open the main salon to the cockpit offering a vast entertaining platform.
* Opacmare hydraulic lift on oversize swim platform
* Cockpit refrigerator in custom cabinet with granite counter top
* Cockpit shower
The flybridge is entered from the cockpit up a beautiful spiral staircase with perfectly manufactured stainless steel rails (you'll never find the welds!). The flybridge provides great site lines, with a huge U shaped settee that seats six. To port is a large storage area with a stainless steel full size LYNX BBQ grill, refrigerator, stainless sink, and ice maker. The helm has a Stidd double bench on the starboard side with a double nav seat to port. Forward of the seating is an immense protected storage area. A fantastic double settee located on the aft end of the bridge overlooks the cockpit.
* E120 plotter/radar
* Autopilot head
* ST 70 speed/depth/wind
* Raymarine 240 VHF
* Bow/stern thruster controls
* Windlass controls
* MAN electronic displays
* Double Stidd bench seat at the helm
* LYNX stainless steel grill
* Stainless sink and wet bar
* Granite counter tops
* Bose stereo control
* Raymarine E120 multi-displays (x3)
* Raymarine 4kw open array 72nm radar dome
* Raymarine S3G autopilot system (with two control heads)
* Raymarine Ray 240 VHF (two station)
* Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS antenna
* Raymarine ST 70 (2) multi-function displays (speed, depth and wind)
* Ritchie FN203 wheelhouse compass
* Ritchie FNW203 flybridge compass
* Glomex RA112 VHF antenna
* Raymarine 60 STV HD satellite TV system (US version)
* Raymarine CAM 100 video cameras for CCTV (x3)
* Ocean Systems drop shot model 2020 underwater camera at the transom
* Sole 32" (SLTV32AS1D) salon LCD TV
* Sole 26" (SLTV26AS1D) master stateroom TV
* Sole 26" (SLTV26AS1D) VIP stateroom TV
* Sole 15" (SLTV15MS3D) crew stateroom TV
* Sole 15" (SLTV15MS3D) bunk stateroom TV
* DirectTV D12 SAT TV receivers
* Clarion cabin CD/DVD players
* Bose Lifestyle 48 salon home theater system
* Bose music station II remote controls for flybridge and cockpit zone
* Clarion SRR 1626 M exterior speakers
* Clarion CM 1625 exterior speakers Perfect Vision PVMS5X8 multi switch
* Eagle Aspen D2200A diplexers
* Eagle Aspen VGA spliter
Engine and Mechanical
CHANCE is equipped with the optional MAN 1550 hp common rail diesels (900 hp CR MAN's are standard) giving her a solid 28 knot cruise at 80% load. WOT is 32 knots! Stabilizers allow comfortable dinner service at 30 knots in three foot seas (watch the video that proves it!).
* TRAC Stablizers
* BCS Hydraulic power steering
* Stainless steel shafts (316S 70mm diameter)
* Stainless steel rudders
* 74,000 BTU chilled water air-conditioning
* Underwater camera (running gear)
* 2000 Watt Lofrans windlass
* 316L Stainless steel fuel tanks
* Exalto windshield wipers
* Bennett trim tabs
* Engine room lead panel isolation
* Grey water discharge pump (ITT)
* Sealand macerator pumps
* Vetus sea water filters
* Techma electric heads
* Isotherm water heater
* Vetus oderless hoses
* Dockside fresh water pressure pump
* Horizon Seafari water maker
* UV water filter
* 22.5 kW Onan main generator
* 13.5 kW Onan secondary generator
* 2 Glendinning 50 amp cable coilers
* Shore power isolation transformer
* Victron Inverter-Battery charger
* 220V/110V sockets and switches (Berker)
* GFCI ground fault protection
* Custom rosewood electric panel
* Cantalupi lamps
* Stair and cockpit lighting
* 3 High Seas underwater lights at transom
Upgrade and options
All Vicem Yachts are custom built and CHANCE has the following upgraded features:
* Twin MAN 1550 diesel engines
* MAN electronic engine controls
* Stern thruster
* Twin Lewmar stern dock line electric winches
* Opacmare hydraulic swim platform lift
* Stainless steel bow rails
* Leather upholstery
* Granite counter tops throughout boat
* Washer/dryer unit
* Concealed sun shades
* UV Water filter
* Oversize swim platform
* Twin shore power systems
* Second generator
* Cockpit cover
* Sun cushions for front deck
* Sun awnings for windshield
* Underwater lights
* Teak side and fore decks
* Varnished transom
* Lynx stainless steel grill on flybridge
* AGM Batteries (12 new in 2013)
* Satellite TV antenna
* Trac stabilizers
* Crew cabin with twin berths and head
* Sunbrella custom bimini w/liner and covers
* Wet-spot Heavy Duty portable water softener with hose
* V-Kool UV protectant window film on salon windows
* Dri-deck liners in exterior lockers
* UMT custom alloy chocks and tie downs for swim platform
* Sunbrella Navy canvas covers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.