- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bruinisse, Netherlands
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 360,000 Tax Paid (US$ 403,920)
The innovative design of the Moody 45 Deck Saloon is, quite simply, ahead of its time.
If you want to cut loose and cruise the oceans, the 45 offers you a whole new lifestyle. The single level living on the DS is perfect for cruising. You can enjoy panoramic views and choose to be protected from the elements as much or as little as you like.
The decks are clear and uncluttered and you get great visibility from the inside and outside helm positions.
Birgit Schnasse and Design Unlimited are responsible for the interior design of many of the world's superyachts... and they've designed a superyacht interior for the Moody 45 Deck Saloon.
When you enter the cockpit through sliding patio doors the overall feel is one of space and light with fabulous panoramic views from every corner.
The Moody 45 Deck Saloon is a natural sailor. Her long waterline length and quality sail plan means she will easily cruise at 8 knots.
The twin rudders give plenty of bite and the Jefa rack and pinion steering system gives you great feel at the helm.
The raised steering position offers great views over the cabin top when you're standing or through and around the cabin when you're seated.
The anchor locker houses a clever fulcrum flip-over system so you can easily position the anchor when you need it.If you walk forward under sail you'll feel safe and comfortable. There's high bulwarks on one side of you and continuous handholds on the cabin.
You can choose the standard hoist and lazyjack system for the main or in-mast furling by Selden. And of course the self-tacking headsail is integral to the design from day one.
Labour saving electric winches and stunning teak decks are standard.
The cockpit 'sun-roof' slides back easily allowing you to easily switch between full sun and shade.
The Deck Saloon is easy to board from the folding 'back veranda' or via the fold-out step in the bulwarks.
The Moody 45DS offers heaps of storage for long distance cruising.
The cockpit lockers are absolutely cavernous and can even accommodate a washer/dryer. And the stern garage takes a 2.4m rigid inflatable dinghy.
Contact Marnix Hameeteman at Nova Yachting Brokerage BV for more detailed information about this yacht. You can reach him on +31-111-481810 or email@example.com
Please contact Marnix Hameeteman at +31-111-481810
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Moody Boats AG
Designer: Bill Dixon
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 13.72 m
Beam: 4.57 m
LWL: 12.93 m
Minimum Draft: 2.0 m
Maximum Draft: 1.99 m
Displacement: 14000 kgs Dry Load
Ballast: 4300 kgs
Headroom: 2.0 m
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2009
Engine Model: 4JH4-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 110 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (400 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (300 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 2 Plastic (50 Liters)
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 220V
Total Liferaft Capacity: 6
- Hull built with prepreg fibreglass fabrics in epoxy, vacuum cured with CorecellTM foam, post cured
- off white hull with single waterlines
- Options for different hull colours according to Moody colour selection
- GRP strong back
- Hull windows
- Yanmar 4JH4-TE, 75 HP, diesel engine
- Stainless steel shaft
- 3 bladed fixed propeller
- 1 alternator 12 V / 80 Amp.
- Fuel filter / Water separator
- Engine room sound insulated and illuminated
- High quality marine plywood, mahogany veneer, satin varnish
- Option: American cherry, satin varnish
- Wooden door frames
- Wood / Sandwich doors
- One level living concept with open access to the galley area and the covered cockpit
- Folding day / dining table
- Stunning panoramic windows
- Opening window on centre line forward providing excellent through air flow at anchor
- 4 opening roof skylights
- Double sliding cockpit doors with integral wash board
- Deckhouse side window blinds (6)
- Radio / CD / DVD / MP3 with I-pod connector and speakers in deck saloon and cockpit
Head / Shower
- Toilet and separate stall in forward cabin with electrical toilet
- Day toilet and shower to stbd with manual toilet
- Option of second shower stall to stbd
- CoreanTM solid surface with sink
- Electrical drain pump
- Locker & shelves
- Fixed hull port light
- Opening coach roof skylight
- Blinds for coach roof and hull port lights
- Solid surface, CoreanTM with integrated sinks
- 3-burner LPG stove with oven, gimballed
- Gas system and self draining LPG bottle storage on deck
- Lockers and drawers
- Trash can
- Fridge, front and top access
- 12 V and 230 V
- Additional 120 A Altenator
- Bow thruster Maxpower, retractable 12 V / 7,1 KW 1
- Main battery switches
- Engine battery: 12 V / 85 Ah
- Service battery bank: 12 V / 440 Ah batteries
Battery charger / Shore power
- Battery charger 12 V / 50 A
- Isolator switch
- 230 V shore supply protected with differential breaker and distribution system
Electric switch panel 230 V
- 2 differential breakers
- Control gauges
Electric switch panel 12 V
- Switches for all onboard electrics
- Voltmeter and battery control
- Water / Fuel gauges
12 V Electric equipment
- Navigation lights
- Interior lights
- Silver anodised mast
- Boom with 2 reefing lines
- Mainsail with 2 reefs
- Self-tacking jib
- Furling system for jib
- Main halyard
- Jib halyard
- Main sheet
- Jib sheet
- Rod kicker
I : 60.67 ft
J : 17.08 ft
P : 60.33 ft
E : 19.67 ft
Working Sail Area : 667.00 sq ft
- Off white Deck
- GRP sandwich construction, thermaland sound insulated
- Full perimeter bulwark complete with continues stainless steel handrail
- Teak on side decks
- Teak on seats and cockpit floor
- Engine control at helm station stb.
- 6 retractable mooring cleats
- Self-draining anchor locker with electrical windlass under deck
- Gas assisted retractable Anchor arm with roller
- Mooring kit 25 kg Delta anchor, 60 m stainless steel chain 10 mm, 4 mooring lines and 6 fenders
- Cockpit table and chart plotter bracket
- Foredeck sail storage
- Hot & cold shower on aft deck
- Self-draining cockpit
- Storage for gas bottles, self draining
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Self-tacking jib track integrated in the foredeck
- Mainsheet twin system
- Sheave deck organizers
- Deck jammers
- Pad eyes for gennaker
- Flush hatches
- 6 flush port lights in hull
- Pulpit with LED navigation lights
- 2 electric winches in cockpit
- LED Navigation lights
- Steaming light
- Anchor light
- 2 x Compass illuminated
- Log and depth sounder on a combi display
Manufacturer Provided Description
In accordance with this guiding principle, the new generation of Moody will be built in a highly developed Yacht production facility with an experienced staff who have the superior skills required and who also have an unreserved and lengthy passion for sailing.
40 years ago Moody was the trendsetter with the conception and creation of the first deck saloon yacht. This legend will be continued with a new design and all of the tradition and passion for the sea.
HanseYachts AG, having recently purchased the Moody Trademark, is moving forward to capitalize on the 150 years of Moody boat building tradition. Bill Dixon, with more that 20 years of Moody design experience and in collaboration with the superb Hanse design team, has initiated a preliminary design for a new Moody 45 DS Deck Saloon world cruiser. The new Moody 45 DS is built, taking into consideration the passion of over 1,200 Moody owners that the Dixon design has pleased and gratified, as a comfortable cruising yacht that is seaworthy and easy to handle.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Movie of Moody DS45 Windfall made by Bootfilm.nl
Other Boats from Nova Yachting