- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / Gas/Petrol
- Located In:
- Stamford, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 35,900
Only 4 Seasons, Bought late 2009.
theEdge is a great boat to experience both sides of boating.
With a 75 HP Evinrude 4S you can reach speeds of up to 20 Knots.
Hoist the Sails and travel for little or nothing.
Knowing the pleasure Boating brings me, makes me want to share that pleasure, lets talk.. Andy
Perfect for motor boaters who want to sail and families who want a little of everything, theEDGE will get you out on the water for sailing fun and motoring excitement! Trailerable, beachable and user-friendly, theEDGE is at home sailing the high seas or wakeboarding and tubing on your favorite lake. Safety is engineered right into the design with features such as positive flotation, a swing-up centerboard, and stabilizing water ballast. With her innate stability and strength, theEDGE can accept a 75HP outboard.
Please contact Andy Baker at 860-428-2043
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
Beam: 8 ft 4 in
Dry Weight: 4070 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Evinrude Etec
Year Built: 2009
Engine Model: 75 HP 4Stroke
Engine Type: Outboard 4S
Engine/Fuel Type: Gas/Petrol
Engine Hours: 50
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fuel Tanks: (12 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 2
Number of heads: 1
Manufacturer Provided Description
theEDGE is both a powerboat and a sailboat, appropriately named for its cutting edge in engineering; for its leading edge performance; and its ability to transgress the edge between sailing and power boating. This boat caters to both motor boaters and sailors alike. theEDGE is the perfect solution for motor boaters who want to try sailing and for families who cannot agree on what type of boating is best for them at this stage of their lives. theEDGE comes equipped with everything needed to sail away from the dock and has an additional premium option package modeled after the Hunter Mariner Packages that will upgrade theEDGE into a mini cruiser. The spacious interior, 82 wide with 511 head room, has plenty of ventilation and natural light that makes it comfortable even on the warmest of days.
The design, distinct from all existing designs, includes a hull shape that is stable, safe and a blast to sail. The cockpit is extremely comfortable, and the deck systems are easy to use. Other features, such as the single VARA rudder, fathead mainsail, and the multi-morph hull, also contribute to the enhanced performance.
- An oversized, double hinged Easy Entry sea hood that makes transiting below deck a snap. No more bumped heads! Open it halfway and converse with the crew below, or all the way to take advantage of the cool breeze. Constructed to be sturdy and low maintenance the Easy Entry sea hood is one of the engineering marvels.
- The uniquely designed hybrid hull, at a length of 28'6" with motor, is large enough to have a cabin with all the amenities of comfortable cruising with the convenience and safety of positive flotation and trailer-ability.
- The aft of the hull is 8'4" and allows it to be responsive in turns and provides stiffness while sailing. The water line length is 24'2" and the draft is only slightly over a foot. The dimensions will not only allow theEDGE to be trailered, with a total towing weight of less than 5,000 pounds with the standard aluminum trailer and optional 75HP engine. Evinrude's test results reveal a top sustainable speed of 19.9 MPH
- theEDGE utilizes a kick-up center board and single-lifting rudder that retracts when sailing and almost disappears when motoring. At high motoring speeds, through this design, we have eliminated the drag of the centerboard and rudder.
- Hunter has teamed up with Evinrude to provide an engine, the new E-TEC that is lightweight, fuel efficient, and has the torque and horsepower to drive the motorboat side of theEDGE. The enhanced features of the E-TEC give a longer range and a faster acceleration to plane. This is the recommended engine; however, theEDGE will accept most engines available on the market today.
- With over 330 square feet of standard sail area and almost a ton of ballast theEDGE has the power and stability to sail in most conditions.
- Biggest feature is fun with standard hook-up for tow ropes for skiing, wakeboarding or tubing and sails for sailing.
- Mariner Package, Stove, Bow roller, Danforth Anchor, 2nd battery, Stern rail seats, Smoke and CO detectors, Self Tailing Winch, Jabsco Head with holding tank, macerator, swim ladder and 30 Amp Shore Power set up.
- Tacktick Wind and Depth
- Tachometer at Helm
- JVC HD AM/FM/CD Stereo
- 110 Hot Water Heater, with Cockpit Shower
- Electric Tilt on Engine
- High Water Bilge Alarm
- Jabsco Head with Holding Tank
- Fenders and Dock lines
- Dual Axel Aluminum Trailer with Brakes
- Dutchman System in the Mainsail
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Springline Yacht Sales
Branford, CT, United States
Mystic, CT, United States
Plattsburgh, NY, United States
Mystic, CT, United States
Stonington, CT, United States
Mystic, CT, United States