- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Tuscany, Italy
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 120,000 (US$ 141,024)
Launched in 2009, DESDEMONA is a high spec version of the Marc Lombard designed twin keel performance cruiser from Fora Marine in France. Built using an extremely strong wood epoxy construction and fitted with twin performance keels, which afford blistering performance, yet offer shallow draft and the ability to dry out on a variety of terrains, there really is nothing quite like an RM. Her spec highlights include:-
- Larger 55hp Volvo engine
- Full Raymarine instrumentation including radar/plotter and autopilot
- Twin performance keels
- Large cockpit
- Performance cutter rig with fully-battened mainsail system
- Wind generator
- Fridge & freezers
The RM 1200 is defined as a fast off-shore cruising boat : It means a boat able to sail far away, in security with a maximum of comfort, and fast !
To reach this objective, Marc LOMBARD, the designer draw a wide hull inspired from the Open 60' : light, stiff, stable and powerful. He equipped her with a good sail plan and stay sail. Inside the volume gives also an amazing living area.
Robust, fast, roomy and with an oversized deck equipment the RM1200 is a real "all wheel drive" for sea!
The RM 1200, is going in the same way as the RM 1050, she is using the same important points:
- Built in plywood with chine: strong, stiff, light, with long longevity, ecologic and good insulation.
- Cutter rig with stay sail Ability to go upwind, better utilisation of the sailing area. Twin-keel: route stability, upwind performance, dry anchorage, reduced draft.
- Full water line beam: downwind performances, inside large volume.
- Forward vision from interior: inside luminosity, exceptional living space: Security at sea and comfort.
- Inside design clear and comfortable: many portholes, light wood, clear colours.
The RM 1200 inside installation plan is a result of long studies to optimise in the same time life in the harbour, but moreover at sea! It is characterised by:
- A large living area between the chart table and the kitchen: very clear, and giving a 180° forward vision, called panoramic view.
- A large chart table equipped with panels for instruments.
- A galley turned forward with a lot of space and easy to use in sailing conditions. (U shape interesting when the boat heel).
- 2 large cabins with interesting sizes, the front one have a lateral access.
- A large saloon equipped with two sea bunk with washboard
- A large bathroom with real shower and wet clothes storage.
- A technical room permitting to reach all the technical elements (battery, pump, electricity, engine, etc...)
YACHTING PRESS REMARKS:
Every aspect of the RM seems to be designed for people who enjoy their sailing and have no interest in the flash, gimmicky or pretentious. Wooden boatbuilding is also environmentally sounder than laminating in FRP – a growing consideration for many.
If you are contemplating heading offshore, a plywood boat with twin keels might not be at the top of your list but it offers some significant benefits:: reduced rolling on trade-wind passages, the ability to dry out, and relative ease of repair.
If you like cruising boat that are simple, tough, practical and different, yet also responsive and rewarding to sail, take a look at these.
Practical Boat Owner
- The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
- Triple chine in marine mahogany plywood 18 and 15mm saturated with epoxy
- Structure in plywood CTBX
- Assembly glued and reinforced with fibreglass and epoxy
- GRP laminated deck with coremat stiffening
- Deck assembly glued to hull by epoxy stratification
- Hull finished in red paint
Keel & Rudder:
- Cast iron twin fin keels with swept-back fins treated with epoxy fixed to galvanised steel floor structure
- Suspended rudder
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo D-2 55 55hp diesel engine
- Volvo Saildrive gearbox
- Freshwater cooled engine.
- Single lever engine control.
- Engine hours: approx. 2,178 as of November 2016
- Date of last engine service: May 2016
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-bladed folding propeller
- Tiller steering with direct connection to stock
- 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-poweror inverter
- 1x 12v engine start battery
- 3x 12v service batteries (2013)
- 12vDC/230vAC Automatic battery charger
- Mastevolt Inverter
- Rutland wind generator on transom mounted pole
- Engine-mounted alternator
- Electrical control panel with thermal breakers
- 230vAC shore power supply
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- 12vDC freshwater pump
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element
- Deck shower in cockpit
- Electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump: Operated from cockpit.
- 12v electric shower bilge pump
- 150 litre fuel capacity in 1x tank with gauge at DC panel
- Filling of fuel tank is through deck inlet.
- 600 litre water tank in 2 tanks with level gauges
- Filling of water tank is through deck inlet
- 30 litre holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine E120 colour radar GPS chart plotter display with mast-mounted closed array scanner
- Raymarine wind, speed, depth and log transducers with displays in cockpit
- Raymarine autopilot
- Steering compass
- VHF with DSC
- Gimballed stainless gas cooker with 2 burners and oven
- 12v refrigerator
- 12v deep freeze
- Twin stainless steel sinks
- Additional manual water supply to galley
- Manual marine heads
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with showers
- Reading lights in saloon and in accommodation cabins
- LED deckhead lighting throughout
- Radio/CD/ with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to eight berths in two double cabins, and occasional single berths in saloon.
- Woodwork: White painted with contrasting wood trim
- Laminated wood floors
- Grey laminate counters
- Blue cloth upholstery throughout
- Headliner: White painted head-liner
- Large double berth – 2.00m x 1.40m
- Hanging locker
- Seating opposite berth to starboard
- Drawer storage under berth
- L-shaped seating to port and bench seat to starboard
- 2x sea berths above and outboard of saloon serating
- Teak saloon table with bottle stowage
- Forward facing chart table with dedicated seat
- Panel for electronics and navigation equipment
- U-shaped galley
- Twin sinks with thermostatic supply
- Fridge and freezer
- Gas stove with oven
- Stowage in drawers, cupboards and lockers
- WC: Manual sea toilet.
- Wash-basin: Wash-basin unit
- Teak shower grating
- Access through to technical/storage room
- Berth: 200 × 135 cm approx.
- Bench with hanging locker outboard
- Stowage under berth
Technical / Storage Room:
- Aft of heads.
- Space for storage and further equipment
- Sparcraft anodized aluminium installed on the deck, 2 aft-swept spreaders
- Anodised aluminium boom
- Discontinuous stainless steel standing rigging - 2009
- Single backstay
- Rigid boom vang with tackle adjustment
- Genoa furling system
- Staysail furling system
- Fully-battened mainsail system with 3 reefs and low friction battencars track on mast
- Genoa tracks adjustable from cockpit
- Checkstays for use with cutter rig
- 2 Genoa sheet turning blocks
- Adjustable mainsheet track of tiller with block & tackle mainsheet
- Mast-mounted spinnaker pole with associated equipment
- 2x Lewmar 48ST self-tailing primary sheet winches
- 2x Lewmar 46ST self-tailing secondary sheet winches
- 1x Lewmar 40ST self-tailing main halyard winch at companionway
- 2x Lewmar 40ST mast mounted halyard winches
- Dacron fully-battened mainsail
- Dacron furling genoa
- Dacron furling staysail
- Dacron Storm jib
- Nylon gennaker
- Nylon symmetrical spinnaker
- Open stainless steel forward pulpit
- 2x Stainless steel pushpits
- Double guardrail and stainless steel stanchions
- Cockpit shower hose
- Outboard bracket on pushpit
- Boarding ladder at stern
- 2.50m tender and Suzuki 2.5hp outboard
Anchoring & Mooring:
- 12vDC electric windlass with remote control
- Delta anchor with 60m chain
- CQR kedge anchor with 10m chain and warp
- Fore and aft mooring lines
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Sprayhood with stainless steel frame and large windows
- Bimini top with stainless steel frame
- Mainsail cover
- Lazybag with lazyjacks
- Safety equipment including liferaft (expiry 2017)
- Fire extinguishers
- Navigation lights
Lying: Tuscany - Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Fora Marine
Designer: Marc Lombard
Keel: Twin Keel
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 11.99 m
Beam: 4.22 m
LWL: 11.42 m
Minimum Draft: 1.80 m
Maximum Draft: 1.80 m
Displacement: 7200 kgs
Ballast: 2600 kgs
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2009
Engine Model: D2-55
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2178
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 55 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (600 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (150 Liters)
Holding Tanks: (30 Liters)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.