- View Full Specifications
Priced to sell!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Marina Del Rey, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 375,000
The Dufour 525 is the company’s flagship, and for good reason: it’s a very impressive design, made by an Italian builder known more for its racing yachts, with an upper-deck that looks designed for the race course but is practical for even single-handling. Down below, however, the Dufour 525 offers all the conveniences and accommodations that you’d want and expect on a top-flight cruiser, and then some.
The deck is uncluttered, wide and flat, with an inviting aft deck that is perfect for sunbathing, a protected cockpit with a beautiful, just-refinished table. The location of the winches, and the continuous-run german-style main sheet make it easy for the helmsman to trim and steer easily.
Below, a rich look, plenty of cabinets, a galley fit for the food lovers, with three deep fridges. Light, openness, exceptional fittings and materials, everywhere space — the space to get together when you want, but also to have some space to yourself if that’s what you feel like.
You’ll easily be able to visualize living aboard and cruising with your family and friends.
A great Yacht!
Special features include:
- Forward crew cabin with head, sink and bunk.
- Dry dinghy storage
- Asymmetrical spinnaker with retractable bow sprit
Winner – Boat of the Year – “Best Full Size Cruiser” – Cruising World
“"The open, flat deck was just a pleasure to walk around on," said BOTY judge Ed Sherman after sailing the 525 last October off Annapolis. "I could take this boat out and sail it alone, just like a giant dinghy, and really have a good time with it." – Cruising World (Full Article)
“The 525 is the queen of Dufour's Grand' Large series, [..] aimed at the cruising sailor in search of something a little fancier and more performance oriented. […]When my turn came to sail, I sat to leeward at one of the twin wheels. Just behind me was a winch for the German-style double-ended mainsheet; just ahead was a winch for the genoa sheet. Set up like this, the 525 is easily managed by a singlehander. Sailing closehauled in 8 to 10 knots of breeze, we loped along at an effortless 6.6 knots. Easing sheets slightly, we picked up the pace, pushed along by a full-batten main and overlapping jib. It didn't take long before I was ready to agree that the Dufour 525 was indeed the Best Full-Size Cruiser of 2009.” – Cruising World (Full Article)
“The 525 hull and deck doesn't shout "cruiser", in fact it features high freeboard, slight sheer, telescopic bowsprit, near-upright stem and a low-profile coach house that give the yacht more racing than cruising features. The wide cockpit, powerful, well-positioned winches, hidden lines and twin wheel arrangement wouldn't look out of place on any modern race yacht.
So the exterior impression says "race", but then you go below...
[…] Patrick Roséo's interior is more like a plush apartment than a boat cabin. The hatches and ports are fitted with translucent blinds and seem deliberately square to make the ambience home-like. […] As a long-distance or liveaboard boat, the 525 is right at the top of its class. - Boat Point (Full Article)
Call 1.310.821.8446 or email email@example.com for more information or questions.
Please contact Naos Yachts at (310) 821-8446
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Umberto Felci / Patrick Ros?o
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 50 ft 3 in
Beam: 16 ft 1 in
LWL: 45 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Ballast: 10692 lbs
Dry Weight: 35715 lbs
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 2009
Engine Model: 03-110
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 110 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (198 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (132 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
Plotter - Raymarine E80
Wind speed and direction
Furling genoa - with suncover
Fully battened mainsail
Spinnaker pole - Bow sprit
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Mainsail cover - zip-up bag attached to Boom
I : 57.58 ft
J : 18.25 ft
P : 56.50 ft
E : 18.83 ft
Keel Type: Other
Ballast: 9920 lb
Max Draft: 7.58 ft
- Engine installation: Volvo 75 hp engine with Sail-drive transmission.
- Carefully-designed foam soundproofing.
- Engine sump.
- Engine control lever and engine control panel built into aft sun platform, aft of the port helm position.
- Rev counter and hour meter.
- Fixed three-bladed prop.
- 2 x 250 liter rotomoulded fuel tank beneath aft bunks, with electric fuel gauge remoted to chart table.
- Fuel filter with water separator, plus sea-water filter, anti-siphon valve.
- Engine compartment light.
- Engine starter battery (12 V)
- 3 service batteries (12 V)
- Service batteries stowed beneath floor at foot of companionway.
- High-output 120 Ah alternator.
- Electrical distribution panel with 21 functions on 12 V and 6 functions on 220 V, including:
- Voltmeter for service battery and engine (220 V and 12 V).
- Ammeter for consumption.
- Electrical water level gauges.
- Electrical fuel gauges.
- The 12 V electrical circuit is protected by circuit-breakers.
- The 220 V circuit has dual protection, via one thermal-magnetic circuit-breaker per function, and an overall 30 mA differential circuit-breaker on the distribution panel.
- 60 Ah battery charger.
- 220 V power sockets in all parts of the yacht
- Chrome-finish halogen ceiling lights.
- Chrome-finish reading lamps.
- Self-draining cockpit, with teak floor.
- Large size cockpit benches with teak trim.
- Very convenient, safe cockpit coamings with winch areas in teak.
- Large fixed cockpit table fitted with a teak tray and stainless fiddles with hinged leaves: easy movement and lots of seating around the table.
- Sliding Plexiglass companionway hatch.
- Cockpit lighting via dedicated spotlight built in under boom.
- Headroom: 1.96 m
- Corian worktop with wooden fiddle round it.
- Double sink with synthetic resin cover doubling as a chopping-board.
- Under-sink storage and cutlery drawer.
- Sliding storage bins.
- Stowage cubby holes along side of hull.
- Gimbal-mounted stainless 3-burner gas cooker with grill/oven.
- Bottle stowage.
- 100 l top-opening 12 V-operated cool-box.
- 75 l freezer
- 130 l front-opening 12 V refrigerator.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.