- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 395,000 Tax Paid (US$ 431,735)
Sparkling example of the X50, a competent cruising yacht and also a good IRC contender, a true master of all trades.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Niels Jeppesen
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 0 in
LWL: 43 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 9 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Displacement: 12400 kgs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: D2-75/S
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
All X-Yachts are built in accordance with the European CE-Certification and meet the requirements of the CE-directive 94/25/CE (Category A –“Ocean”) for recreational crafts.
One of the requirements, the category defines, is that a yacht must be designed to operate in waves of up to 7 m and winds of Beaufort 10 or less.
- Main seacocks replaced 2013
- Anti fouling August 2009
- The X-50 has been developed to a very high and modern standard, incorporating features such as complete GRP deck liner, GRP head compartments combining bilge in the floors.
- The keel consists of an antimony hardened lead bulb with a cast iron fin for high strength and low centre of gravity.
- The keel is protected with a layer of GRP and faired with polyester filler for improved effectiveness.
Rudder & Steering System:
- The steering system consists of a twin wheel steering installation utilizing two independent quadrants in conjunction with a cross wire idler.
- Navtec A22 hydraulic backstay pump is mounted onto a chain plate on the centerline.
- A teak toe rail is fitted, 30 mm high from bow to mast and is reduced to 20 mm from mast to stern.
Nomen Mooring Cleats:
- 3 Nomen Type 300 foldable mooring cleats are fitted per side.
- The guardrail consists of a 4-legged s/s pulpit with separate starboard and port navigation lights, the stern light is fitted on starboard.
- Lifelines are fitted with pelican hooks for convenient access.
- The cockpit is designed to provide a comfortable and functional area for the cruising and racing crew, and with two helming positions, ensures that the helmsman is undisturbed with a clear view forward.
- Halyards and control lines can be stored in a compartment that has been integrated in the cockpit floor near the companionway.
- Just behind this compartment there is a further storage compartment for a life raft, fenders, moorings etc.
- The cockpit table with teak table leafs can be folded away and stored in the locker integrated in the cockpit floor.
- Two shallow storage lockers in mid cockpit; one starboard, one on port side – each capable of housing a life raft.
- Furthermore, at the transom two recessed, flush mounted hatches provide access to more storage space below the cockpit.
- Removable foot supports are mounted in front of steering wheel and behind each steering wheel for safe and secure foothold while sailing.
- Coamings have been angled for comfort.
- A large sprayhood in beige canvas with rigid s/s foldable tubes, while not in use housed in a deck integrated recess, covered with a zipped canvas in the same colour as the sprayhood.
- Centre window in sprayhood zipped for ventilation.
Teak Laid Deck:
- There is a teak laid deck on the cockpit floor and seats.
- The s/s ladder is mounted on the transom.
Main Sheet System:
- The “German main sheet system” consists of:
- 1 x ball bearing stirrup block integrated into traveller car with plunger stop,
- 6 x ball bearing blocks,
- 1 x double ball bearing block
- The mainsheet is led backwards under deck to each side and appears just forward of the mainsheet self-tailing winches within reach of the helmsman.
- Gennaker equipment incl. 2x sheets, 1 x downhaul, 3 x orbit blocks and 2 x footblocks with jammers.
- Spi Equipment consisting of: Slider and freely adjustable block system for mast end fitting, carbon spi pole with deck shoes, Spectra sheets & guys with spliced on shackles, Spectra downhaul, sheet blocks and additional 2 blocks.
- 11 Spinlock winch stoppers (6 Stb., 5 port) for halyards, reef, Cunningham, vang and furling head stay line are placed on cabin roof.
Winches / Winch handles:
- 2x Andersen 68.2STE electric genoa winches ,
- 2x Andersen 58.2ST mainsheet winches ,
- 1x Andersen 52.2ST halyard winch ,
- 1x Andersen 52STE-FS electric halyard winch mounted port
- Mechanically operated, deck recessed, Hinched anchor launch system for 21kg CQR anchor.
- 95 meter galvanised 12mm chain.
Portlights & Hatches:
- Lewmar opening, chrome-polished, aluminium-framed portlights and hatches are fitted to the Yacht. They provide pleasant natural lighting and make the yacht feel bright under deck.
- In addition fixed hull portlights made of high impact resistant glass have been integrated in the saloon, owner’s and aft cabins.
- The hatches in the owner’s cabin are fitted with Oceanair units containing both flyscreen & blind.
- 2 Carbon fibre wheels.
- Port and starboard crash bars.
- Teak bracket for outboard mounted on aft pushpit.
MAST & RIGGING
- White painted carbon mast NMC 290, 3 spreaders, Frederiksen TRL 150 track, carbon boom NMB325 incl. standing & running rigging; mast prepared for mast jack. Mast jack hydraulic arrangement.
- Lazy jacks mounted on mast and boom.
- Additional genoa halyard with stopper and halyard block, mast prepared for 2:1 halyard system.
- 2 lights are fitted in boom over cockpit.
- The yacht’s wooden interior is teak in hand polished satin finish.
- All windows are equipped with curtains, except for the aft cabin windows where white push button blinds are supplied.
- The floorboards are made of teak and allow access to the bilge, whereas the companionway steps are laminated curved teak with no lacquer for improved grip.
- An Airon HFL 10,000 BTU unit has been fitted in saloon, + HFL 6,000 BTU in owner’s & 1 aft cabin.
- All units have reverse cycle option for heating.
Note: Modern 3 +1 Cabin Version
- The large owner’s cabin has a comfortable and large V-berth.
- Above the berth, mounted onto the freeboard on each side, are lockers.
- Under the berth are drawers with storage space.
- To starboard of the corridor are 2 pilot berths.
- The owner’s head is equipped with a toilet and sink, in addition to a shower unit with a foldable shower curtain. Separate shower unit installed.
- The shower curtain is see-through plexi-glass that can be folded away when not in use.
- The head has a wardrobe for storage of towels and toiletries, and further lockers on the port side freeboard.
- Each of the aft cabins have one large double berth & an additional hinged berth replacing shelves.
- The wardrobe is fitted in each aft cabin with ample hanging space and shelving.
- Lee cloth mounted in aft cabins.
- On the port side there is a large sofa with new bench on the starboard side (original chairs available), all covered in cream alcantara.
- Saloon table replaced and converts into bed, original available.
- The upper cabinet sections on both starboard and port allow for storage of glasses etc.
- 2 red night lights are fitted over the floor.
- To port of the companionway is the navigator’s area, which has ample space for navigation and communication equipment, as well as the yacht’s switchboard.
- Under the navigation table and in the alongside locker, charts and navigation equipment can be stored.
- On starboard side amidships is the well-equipped galley positioned with ample tabletop space.
- The top opening cooling box has a volume of 180 litres with 100 mm insulation, cooled efficiently by the seawater-cooled Isotherm SP refrigeration unit.
- Shelves, lockers with plexi-glass sliding doors and drawers give ample storage space for food, plates, cups, glasses, cutlery, pans etc. Further storage is available under the navigation table and sofa.
- There is an additional 82 litres Isotherm fridge to starboard of the sinks.
- Twin stainless steel rectangular sinks with hot/cold water-mixing taps are integrated in a moulded vinylester gel-coat tabletop with granite effect surface. The s/steel gimballed gas stove has 3 jets and an oven.
- For additional convenience, a Panasonic Microwave oven with stainless steel front has also been fitted in the galley.
Heads (2 Aft Units):
- Each head has a water-flushed pump toilet and GRP sinks with hot/cold mixer taps/shower units.
- The starboard head has in addition a separate shower unit.
- Situated between the two aft cabins, excellent access is provided through removing the sides and opening the companionway stairs’ top hinges.
- The engine compartment is insulated with special foam material and allows space for additional electrical equipment such as a generator.
- The compartment is fitted with one ventilation unit.
ENGINE & TANK
- Engine hours 650 as of May 2014
- A Volvo D2-75/S 75HP diesel engine mounted on rubber suspension with S-drive installation and 3 blade folding propeller 20 x 14. The engine is run with freshwater cooling system.
- The engine control panel is placed in a recess with a plexi-glass for protection. It incorporates an rpm-meter, acoustic alarm for oil pressure and cooling water temperature and an hour counter as standard. The gear/gas lever arm is placed in the cockpit coaming.
- The fuel tank capacity of 240-litre is divided into a storage tank and a consumption aluminium fuel tank with VDO analogue tank level gauge, deck fill, separator incl. filter and shut off valve.
- An alarm and a warning light will be activated in the cockpit when the fuel tank needs refilling.
- Bow thruster , Max Volt , VIP 150 - 12 Volts
- A central bilge is incorporated in the keel structure, which allows all water to be collected here and disposed of by using the electrical pump.
- A keel sump pump with automatic switch and an extra manual bilge pump have also been fitted.
- Further 3 bilge pumps service the heads/showers.
- There are 3 holding tanks with bilge pump and deck outlet.
Fresh Water System:
- The hot and cold pressurized water system comprises of 4 stainless steel fresh water tanks of a total of 550 litre capacity including VDO analogue tank level gauge.
- A hot/cold fresh water shower has been fitted at the bathing platform.
- A Sigmar 40 l hot water tank (80˚ C) including an immersion heater is run with 220V shore power or heated by a heat exchanger connected to the engine.
Sea Water System:
- An electrical central pump has been fitted to supply sea water at the pantry and at the anchor winch on deck for rinsing and thereby reducing the freshwater usage.
12V DC System:
- X-Yachts’ main switchboard includes 30 automatic fuses,3 analogue meters, one for monitoring actual voltage of service- and engine battery bank and two for monitoring actual level in fuel and water tanks.
- Replaced in 2012
- 4 x 12V 120 amps Gel service and
- 1 x 12V 55 amps engine spiral-cell battery.
- The service battery bank is as standard protected from a total discharge through a “battery watch”. The battery watch disconnects the battery bank automatically if the voltage drops to a critical low level.
- 80 amp Mastervolt battery charger with remote monitor .
- A Panda 6.5kW fresh water cooled generator (c.50 hrs).
230 V AC Shore Power System:
- The shore power installation consists of a 10-ampshore power inlet plug in the cockpit.
- A 10A fuse box is located in the aft locker.
- A Galvanic isolator type GUEST 30 Amps has been mounted in series with earth wire of shore power cable.
- The boat is fitted with 5 x 230V AC plugs, one in the navigation area, one in the galley, one in the owner’s compartment and one in each aft cabin.
- A 12V and a 220V socket have been mounted in each cabin, plus a 12v socket for outside use.
- At the helm, an up/down switch for the anchor winch has been fitted.
- Below Deck: Throughout the cabins halogen lighting is provided for general purpose, reading etc. An additional light is placed at the chart table. Reading lights are placed throughout the aft cabins, saloon and forward cabins.
- Above Deck: Individual bow lights (port/starboard), stern navigation light, combined steaming & deck light in a white outer casing, a Windex and compass light are fitted.
ELECTRONICS / INSTRUMENTS
- The yacht has been fitted with a Bose marine sound system with a waterproof loudspeaker set.
- RR Delta 1000 VHF/GSM antenna. One near chart table and set at Helm.
- Ray 240E DSC-D VHF radio – full function hand set.
- Ray 240 VHF cockpit loudspeaker incl. on/off switch.
- Raymarine ST 290 speed, depth and horizontal wind transducer with 3 graphic displays & analogue / digital wind display.
- ST 290 and carbon mast bracket for 3x ST 290.
- Autopilot with S3G rate gyro course computer and ST 290 pilot key pad.
- Raymarine E80 chart plotter with 8.4” colour screen and125 GPS antenna.
- 1 additional E80 8.4” colour plotter with Ethernet connection to standard E80 plotter/GPS and sea talk net.
- X-50 instrument pack with radar 2KW radome with mast bracket mounted above first spreader.
- 2 Bose loudspeaker in cockpit, CD/MP3 player with two removable speakers in saloon.
- 2 combined wheel and instrument box covers.
- Freeboard fender protection in dark blue canvas with white X-Yachts logo.
- Beige Bimini.
- 1 white Zodiac 2.7 meter rigid hull inflatable.
- 4.O HP Johnson 4 stroke outboard engine.
- Hard case 6 man life raft exp 2007.
- 3 dry powder fire extinguishers of 2kg each are fitted throughout the yacht, plus 1 fire extinguisher for the engine room.
North 3DL Main sail 2013.
North 105% Jib 2012.
All Sail from Banks Italy.
1 Main 77 sqm 3 Reff 2+2 Battens, Carbon / Aramid, Taf / Film.
1 No 1, 130 %, 77.8 sqm, Carbon / Aramid.
1 No 2, 122%, 73.0 sqm, Carbon / Aramid.
1 No 3, 105%, 62.84 sqm, Carbon / Aramid.
Gen, A1, Superlight, 0.50, 175 sqm.
Gen, A2, Superkote, 0.75, 195 sqm.
Spi, S3, Superkote, 0.90, 163 sqm.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Badachro, Gairloch, Highlands, United Kingdom
60m Tall Ship
Cruising Northern Europe, United Kingdom