- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bass Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 599,000
The M42 has proven to be one of Morris Yachts most successful models ever built and once you take a closer look its very easy to see why. A fantastic hybrid that incorporates an incredibly easy to handle sail plan including a self tacking jib and all lines run to the helmsperson, luxury accommodations for a couple to cruise for weeks at a time, and all in a jaw-dropping gorgeous package that assures the owner the most beautiful boats in almost any harbor.
WINDSOCK was built by a detail oriented owner who spared no expense incorporating almost ever conceivable option. She exudes luxury both above and below deck from her rich gloss varnished mahogany interior joinery to teak decks and teak cladding. This wonderful lightly used M-42 is sure to impress.
WINDSOCK is now owned by Morris Yachts as the original owner is currently building a new M52! She is a unique opportunity to purchase a like-new boat, thoroughly inspected by the Morris Yachts team, at a substantial discount. She will be fully prepared for the coming season. This work will include the following: Full exterior varnish, service sails, bottom paint, service boom furler, service jib furler, service deck hardware, service winches, service saildrive, replace zincs, service windlass, service seacocks, service steering, Awlcare hull, wax smooth sections of cabinhouse/deck, polish stainless, wax spars, and the 500 hour Yanmar engine service. To say she is ready to go is an understatement! Don't miss this opportunity.
Please contact James Allen at 207-244-5509
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 42 ft 3 in
Beam: 11 ft 3 in
LWL: 30 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 9 in
Displacement: 16300 lbs
Ballast: 6235 lbs
Total Power: 39 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2008
Engine Model: 3JH4E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 505
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 39 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 1
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
- Manually consolidated composite hull with Vinylester resin and vacuum bagged Core-Cell core.
- Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors.
- Fiberglass engine bed.
- Manually consolidated composite deck and superstructure with Vinylester resin and Core-Cell core.
- High density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Optional teak decking on side decks.
- Teak toe rail.
- Butterfly hatch with teak cladding.
- High performance bulbed keel.
- High aspect ratio carbon/epoxy spade rudder.
- Hull flag blue Awlgrip.
- Deck Oyster White gelcoat.
- All sheets, main halyard, jib furling line, main furling line, and vang control lines are led below deck to rope clutches and electric winches located at control pods in the cockpit within easy reach of the helmsperson. Forward of the control pods are spacious port and starboard cockpit seats. The seats are over six feet in length and comfortably suitable for seating six adults or taking a nap. Hatches on all three cockpit seats allow access to below-decks storage.
- Gloss-varnished teak drop leaf table (with cover).
- Varnished teak steering wheel.
- Optional varnished teak cladding inside coaming and cabin backs.
- Optional teak decking on cockpit seats.
- Teak decking on cockpit sole).
- Teak foot block for helmsman.
- Teak clad foot rest below cockpit table.
- Optional custom SS pedestal drink holders.
- Optional canvas pedestal and wheel cover.
- Optional teak companionway seahood.
- Optional Dodger with ss bows and aft and side handrails covered in elkhide.
- Optional dodger removable side wings with large windows.
- Optional teak cladding on inside face and top of dodger coaming.
- Optional upgraded cushion fabric for cockpit cushions with throw pillows.
- Optional cockpit shower with hot/cold pressure water.
- Optional boom light with dimmer switch.
- Cockpit awning.
- Yanmar 3JH4E x SD Saildrive unit, 39HP FWC marine diesel engine.
- Optional Flex-O-Fold three blade propeller.
- Yanmar engine mount pan – fiberglass.
- Morris custom instrument panel at the helmMorse single lever throttle located on the pedestal.
- Faria gauges with SS bezels.
- Ignition switch.
- Start/Stop buttons.
- Audible alarms for cooling water, high temperature, low lube oil pressure, and Saildrive water flow.
- Tachometer with hour meter.
- Illumination switch.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Yanmar spares kit and service manual.
- Racor fuel filter.
- 40-gallon aluminum fuel tank w/SS deck fill.
- Cruz-Pro tank gauge.
WINDSOCK has a comfortable, spacious interior with full standing headroom, finished in classic Herreshoff style with antique white bulkheads, gloss varnished upgraded mahogany joinery, and v-grooved overhead. The port and starboard settees are designed for comfortable lounging or sleeping. The mahogany drop-leaf table incorporates liquor storage and invites gracious dining. A modern “butterfly-style” hatch above the dining table (with optional teak cladding on the exterior) and eight large fixed portlights provide great natural lighting and ventilation. Twin end tables with storage lockers below and lockers with shelves outboard are built in at the forward end of the settees. A hanging locker forward of the head and lockers outboard at the forward end of the settees provide additional storage. Open shelves outboard at the aft end of the settees provide space for books, etc. The forward cabin provides an optional center line queen size berth, full length shelves, and two large drop fronts to access the space under the berth. A large overhead hatch and two 4” SS dorade vents provide great natural light and ventilation. Interior includes optional upgraded upholstery, pillows, and bolsters. Optional gloss varnished teak and holly cabin sole with optional canvas cabin sole cover.
- Located aft to starboard.
- Isotherm top loading 12VDC refrigerator with stainless steel liner and removable shelves.
- Force 10 two burner propane stove with thermostat controlled oven on a gimbal mount.
- Optional stove cover (Corian).
- Optional galley dish and glass storage rack.
- Optional wine glass storage rack.
- Optional microwave oven.
- Corian counter top.
- Mirror-polished stainless steel sink with chrome single lever mixer faucet.
- Garbage bin.
- Located aft to port.
- Oiled teak trim.
- Optional varnished mahogany counter top with polished stainless steel sink.
- Scandvik mixer valve with wall mount shower head.
- Molded fiberglass floor pan with integral shower sump and electric drain pump.
- Shower enclosure.
- Mirror on forward bulkhead.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- ICOM IC-M422 waterproof VHF Radio w/ additional cockpit-mounted Command Microphone.
- Raymarine ST60 displays (3) for speed, depth and wind mounted in the cockpit.
- Optional upgraded Raymarine C80 color radar/chart plotter display (helm).
- Optional Raymarine AIS Receiver.
- Optional Raymarine ST6001 S1G Autopilot.
- Ritchie 5” pedestal mount compass with polished SS cover.
- Perko bicolor bow light and transom stern light
- Aquasignal tri-color masthead light & combo steaming/deck flood light.
- Optional Alpine AM/FM/XM DVD Stereo w/CD changer and remote.
- Optional I-Pod interface with stereo.
- Optional Sirius satellite radio tuner with antenna mounted on spreader.
- Optional Alpine waterproof cockpit speakers (painted to match gelcoat).
- Optional LCD flat panel television.
- Mastervolt AGM house batteries – (2).
- Optima engine start battery.
- Mastervolt 90 Amp/12 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- Mastervolt 12 VDC / 110 VAC distribution panel.
- Optional upgraded 2000W inverter/charger.
- 110V shore power system with (2) outlets, SS power inlet, and 50ft x 30 amp cord.
- Zinc saver galvanic isolator on AC system ground wire.
- Optional Marine Air 10,000 BTU air conditioner (2012).
- Optional Espar D4 Cabin heater with two chrome adjustable outlets
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- 50-gallon fresh water capacity.
- SS deck fill.
- ShurFlo pressure water system pump.
- Quick 6.5 gallon SS water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC. (2013)
- Whale water system filter.
- Cruz-Pro multi-tank gauge system.
- Sealand Vacuflush marine toilet.
- 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with gravity drain to seacock for overboard discharge.
- Snake River external tank level monitor.
- Diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer.
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit.
STEERING AND RUDDER
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- Emergency tiller.
Spars and Rigging
- Carbon fiber mast by Hall Spars.
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders.
- Optional Leisurefurl In-boom furling mainsail.
- Optional spreader lights.
- Antal mainsail luff track.
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Schaefer 2100 manual headsail furling system.
- Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod.
- Optional SS turnbuckle covers.
- Optional Navtec hydraulic system 50 SS boom vang and backstay adjuster.
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope.
- Lewmar rope clutches.
- Lewmar 50 CCEST electric self-tailing primary winches with optional additional foot switches on cabin sole.
- Lewmar 44 CCST manual secondary winches.
- Lewmar 30CCST halyard winch.
Sail inventory is by North Sails and includes the following:
- Full Batten roller furling mainsail with sliding cover in boom.
- Furling Jib.
- Gennaker G-AP3 with snuffer.
Anchoring & Mooring
- Delta 35 lb anchor w/150’ nylon, 15’ of chain.
- Anchor deployment system w/manually rotating arm and integral anchor roller in foredeck locker.
- Lewmar V2 SS windlass with rope/chain gypsy.
- Salt water wash-down system with SS spigot located in the anchor locker.
- Docking Lines and Fenders (with fleece covers)
- Aluminum boat hook.
- Optional single lifelines with removable stanchions (canvas stanchion storage bag).
- Optional Tri-lens radar reflector.
- Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguishers (3).
- Engine compartment “fire port”.
- Jack lines.
- Cockpit seat cushions.
- Optional Canvas sun cover.
- 3/4 Cover. (2013)
- Varnished teak flagstaff and flag.
- Ocean-Air Skyscreens on overhead hatches.
- Saloon style removable companionway doors (storage bag in cockpit locker).
- Optional two piece SS folding boarding ladder.
- Optional Hella Fans (2).
- Tool kit, spare bulbs & fuses.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Morris Yachts
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 46
Ocean Series 46
Bass Harbor, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 38
Unknown, ME, United States