- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Newport, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 479,000
Intrepid II has been in a time capsule!
A must see if you are considering a new yacht of this stature.
Hardly used & the most pampered yacht that we have ever had the pleasure to represent.
She has been under Hinckley’s care, covered and stored inside a heated building, captain driven and maintained with a very open pocket book.
Intrepid II looks like a new yacht that has just been delivered except the brightwork is better! Her equipment has hardly been used - just 51 hrs on the engine and 4 hrs. on the generator.
In almost all ways she is like a new yacht but at a huge savings of just over $340,000 – An incredible opportunity!
A few of her upgrades and features are as follows:
- Hinckley maintained brightwork
- Furling main
- Electric winches
- Bow thruster
- Raymarine E120 chartplotters at helm and at nav with AIS
- Yanmar 75hp engine with only 51 hours
- MasPower 8kw Generator with only 4 hours
- Electric heads (2)
- Dodger, bimini, full enclosure, cockpit cushions
- Large aft deck big enough to store your dinghy
- Immense lazarette storage locker
- Tremendous amount of storage 460 ft3
- More details in the full listing
The Island Packet 465 offers exceptional livability, practical cruising features and impeccable craftsmanship. The large center cockpit provides more than just a comfortable place for your crew to congregate. It provides a safe working area from which you can perform all the necessary adjustments underway. Wide side decks, strategically placed hand rails and recessed foredecks maximize your safety on deck. Below, the expansive main salon boasts more than seven feet of headroom, a well-appointed combination of hand crafted teak furnishings, cabinetry and storage, a nav station that would excite any world cruiser, a gourmet galley fit for a master chef and two of the most spacious staterooms you’ll find anywhere.
Cruising World Magazine had this to say about the Island Packet 465:
We cast off the jib and staysail furling lines, sheeted home the sails, and were off, reaching at an impressive 6.4 knots in only 11 knots of apparent wind. When the breeze later reached up to 15, we got 7.7 knots on the GPS. The 465 felt good, and the motion was subdued and easy.
If you are considering purchasing a new yacht or want only the very best in a brokerage yacht – this yacht is for you! Call us now.
S&J Yachts are the mid-Atlantic Dealers for Island Packet Yachts. For more information on Island Packet and on our company visit our website www.SJYACHTS.com .
I am available on my cell phone 410 971-1071 to answer any questions you may have. Please call me Jack Malatich.
Please contact Sharon and Jack Malatich at (410) 971-1071
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Island Packet
Designer: Bob Johnson
Warranty: 10 years
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 48 ft 9 in
Beam: 14 ft 4 in
LWL: 38 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 34500 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 62 ft 0 in
Headroom: 7 ft 3 in
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH4-TBE
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 51
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (260 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (55 Gallons)
ISLAND PACKET LEADS IN LIVABILITY AND COMFORT
Balanced between an inviting and spacious living environment and safe, functional operations, Island Packets are renowned for their comfort and practicality regardless of their distance from shore.
Island Packets attention to livability truly maximizes onboard comfort, with home-like conveniences of large berths, enclosed shower stalls, a gourmet galley fit for the finest chef and plenty of dry storage areas throughout the yacht for equipping and provisioning an extended voyage.
Recessed foredecks with bulwarks, uncluttered side decks and full length cabin top handrails provide safe footing and security on deck. Sail controls for setting, furling and sheeting all lead to the safety and security of the cockpit.
From the spacious and well ventilated interiors to the comfortable motion in a seaway, Island Packets have been designed for cruising comfort.
The condition is absolutely impeccable! It cannot be emphasized enough, that Intrepid II appears as though she has never left the showroom!
The IP465 has 2 generous staterooms and 2 heads. Bulkheads and trim are finished in satin varnished light teak. The cabin soles are of teak and holly in the accommodations areas but are of non-skid GRP in areas of high traffic such as the companionway and galley. Overhead lights and numerous reading lamps with individual dimmers are found throughout. There are plenty of handholds where needed, reflecting the offshore intent of the design.
Easy companionway steps lead you down into the main salon where there is 7' 3" headroom. (Elsewhere there is at least 6' 6" headroom.) Large salon windows forward and on both sides give you panoramic views and so much light. No worries – these are CE Category A – Ocean rated safety windows.
On either side are full-length settees. The port settee extends to the centerline to make a double berth, and both settees can be used as sea berths. The large main dining table stows against a bulkhead wine rack, opening up the area for socializing.
Adjacent to the companionway on the port side is the deluxe navigation center. There is also a wet locker within arm’s reach. For more details see "Nav & Electronics" section below.
To starboard of the companionway is a really great galley. For more details see the "Galley" section below.
The large owner’s stateroom is aft. It features a large island berth with an innerspring mattress and a private ensuite head with a separate shower stall. Six opening ports surround the stateroom and a large overhead hatch provide lots of light and ventilation. The foot end of the berth has a hinged lid and easily lifts up to a large storage space for those big bulky items. Opposite the berth is a comfortable seat and storage lockers. There is a large cedar-lined hanging locker with extra height rods outboard which provides abundant clothes storage. Access to the large lazarette is also available through the aft bulkhead.
The guest stateroom is forward. It too has a large centreline berth and plentiful storage. Same as the master, the foot end of the berth lifts up to a large storage space. Opening ports and an overhead hatch allows abundant natural light and ventilation. There is a privacy door to the guest head. There is a cedar-lined hanginglocker and bureaus for additional storage.
Both luxurious heads feature vanities with solid acrylic countertops, separate shower stalls with folding acrylic doors and VacuFlush heads.
- Inner-spring mattresses on both berths
- Vacu-Flush electric heads (2) with tank monitors
The spacious inline galley is conveniently located aft of the salon on the starboard side both outboard and inboard. There is a tremendous amount of counter space - approx. 20 square feet. Opening ports on either side keep it light and airy. There are 2 top-loading refrigerator and freezer compartments, with digitally controlled cooling units, which provide generous cold storage. Either compartment may be used for refrigerated or frozen storage by the setting of the controls. A pull-out refrigerated drawer below is also included for quick access to popular beverages and food. Also featured in the galley are built-in dish racks, cutlery drawers, deep double sinks, a slide out trash bin and abundant cabinet and locker storage.
- Four burner Force 10 LPG stove with oven
- Dual Frigoboat Keel Cooler fridge / freezer systems with digital controls
- Separate pull out refrigerated drawer below
- 2 SS sinks
- Water purifying system
NAV & ELECTRONICS
Adjacent to the companionway is the deluxe navigation center. It features a high backed swivel armchair, an inlaid chart table (big enough for full sized charts) with a storage tray. A Raymarine chart plotter and other electronics are mounted here with room for even more if you choose. This area will impress even the most experienced cruiser. Of note is its easy access to both a wet locker and the cockpit.
The Raymarine electronic suite is fully integrated with all components communicating via NMEA protocols.
- Raymarine E120 Chartplotter (at Helm)
- Raymarine E120 Chartplotter (at Nav)
- Raymarine Sea Talk Navionics platinum chart cartridge w/3D capabilities
- Raymarine AIS
- Raymarine 4K Radar antenna mast mounted
- Raymarine ST6002 Smart Pilot S3G Type 2 (44,000 lbs) autopilot
- Raymarine ST7002 auto pilot control head upgrade
- ICOM 604 DSC VHF Radio w/command mic in cockpit
- Mast mounted hailer / listener
- SeaME active radar reflector and Tri-lens radar reflector
- Raymarine SR100 Sirius weather receiver
- Edson antenna mast (mounted on port quarter)
- EPIRB 406 with registered frequency
SAILS & RIGGING
This Island Packet 465 has a generous cutter sail plan, an inmast furling main, power winches, coupled with the convenience of all major control lines led aft to the cockpit provides safe and easy sailing. The patented Hoyt Boom equipped staysail adds considerable performance and is self tacking for added ease. The mast is anodized and powder coated with double spreaders. The standing rigging is all stainless.
- Inmast roller furling main
- Doyle mainsail with vertical battens
- Harken roller furling for both the genoa and the staysail
- Doyle 110% genoa
- Doyle staysail with Hoyt boom
- Lewmar electric primary winches (2)
- Lewmar electric mainsail furling winch
- Spare halyard
ENGINE & ELECTRICAL
The Yanmar 75hp 4 cylinder diesel engine has barely been broken in with only 51 hours. The same is true of the generator (4 hours). Extensive sound control is achieved with lead-lined insulation and gasketed access doors and panels. There is good access to both the generator and the engine through removable front and rear panels and hinged side opening doors.
The engine and electrical work is all manufactured to the highest standards and includes such features as Racor fuel filters, separate fuel lift pump, full "green wire" bonding to all through hulls, a galvanic isolator, GFCI outlets where required, and a Link 20 dual-bank battery monitor.
- MasPower 8 KW diesel generator – 1800 RPM, with sound-shield (only 4 hours)
- Side-Power 6 HP bow thruster with joystick control
- AGM batteries: six 12V house batteries, one 12V engine start
- Balmar high-output 100 amp w/ Charles Duo-Charge controller
- Charles automatic three stage battery charger w/ temperature sensor: 60 amps.
- Racor fuel filter with water separator
- 12V fuel lift pump
- Dual 30 amp AC dockside power systems
- Link 20 dual-bank battery monitor
HULL DECK & EQUIPMENT
Some of the features that make an Island Packet such an exceptional cruising yacht:
- Full Foil Keel – provides exceptional stability and inherent ease of motion
- Hull and keel are built as one of solid fiberglass with the ballast integrated into the keel
- One-piece laminated deck structure uses Poly-Core (no organic core materials)
- Skeg mounted rudder protects both the rudder and the propellor
- Geared rack and pinion steering system provides sensitive and responsive control with rugged reliability
- Decks are wide and provide easy access to the anchor platform as well as the swim platform
- Recessed foredeck with bulwarks, uncluttered sidedecks, and full length cabin top handrails make deck passage safe
- Patented Seasafe anchor rollers provide fully captive, low chafe guides for chain and anchor
- Large chain locker separated from the interior by a watertight bulkhead
- Ergonomically designed cockpit provides comfortable seating and security at sea
- Large aft deck can be used for dinghy storage as well as a sun deck for impromptu dining
- More dedicated storage than other cruising boats of similar size
Additional Features and Equipment:
- Hinckley maintained brightwork in excellent condition
- Great anchoring platform with twin rollers
- Muir Cheetah 2500 electric windlass with chain gypsy and capstan
- Ground tackle: 250' chain w/ 65lb SS Manson anchor
- Dodger and bimini with transparent connector panel and full side-curtains (screens & glass)
- Cockpit cushions
- Chrome plated dorades (4) with polished stainless guards
- Welded stainless mast rails
- Very popular stern rail seats
- Vinyl rubbing strakes with stainless striker
- Boarding / swim platform and swim ladder
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Island Packet Dealers for the Mid-Atlantic
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Annapolis, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Topping, VA, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Hampton, VA, United States