- View Full Specifications
CONQUER NEW HORIZONS IN ABSOLUTE COMFORT
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
Dufour Yachts presents three new yachts, which will blend the art and pleasure of navigation. The DUFOUR 525 set the tone in September 2006, with its luxury, strong character and rare elegance. The 425 and 485 models also attain the summit of perfection. These three flagship vessels will attract those in search of excellence, who are ready to set off on long cruises in absolute comfort. Without doubt, the spirit of Michel Dufour, a visionary in the nautical world, is present in these unique craft, built for pure pleasure, exhilaration and enjoyment. With the Dufour 425 Grand'large, the "smaller sister" of the 455, the yard has built a performance cruiser, ideal for long passage making, but easy to handle for an afternoon's leisurely cruise. She is stylish, comfortable, seaworthy and built from cutting edge design and technology.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 42 ft 4 in
Beam: 13 ft 7 in
LWL: 36 ft 1 in
Dry Weight: 18539 lbs
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Option 1: 1x 40 HP
- Teak trimmed seats, GRP sole. Two large side lockers with lids fitted with padlock hasps.
- GRP steering pedestals.
- Rudder stock head under helmsman?s sole for installing the emergency tiller.
- Engine lever and control panel easily to hand for the helmsman on the starboard side.
- Transom open in centre with a tipping helmsman?s seat giving access to the swim/ boarding platform.
- Gas cylinder locker in aft port seat. Life raft stowage in dedicated locker under helmsman seat.
- Cockpit shower in aft locker.
- Folding stainless steel bathing ladder.
- All joinery work is finished in prime choice Moabi mahogany, with fiddles, mouldings and framings in solid wood.
- Cabin doors have a blocking system in order to keep them open where necessary.
- Soles are in Moabi laminated floor boards.
- Saloon cushions and mattress fabrics have removable covers.
- The upper cabin linings are in Moabi wood, the bottom in cream coloured vinyl.
- Sliding companionway hatch and washboards in Plexiglas with stops and lock.
- Curved wooden steps and access to engine by lifting step case on jacks.
- Two handrails.
- Dedicated stowage for companionway door inside the boat.
- Large berth approximately 2m long with a 10cm thick mattress with washable cover.
- 250 litre water tank.
- Access to stowage locker under berth.
- Full length shelf with sea-fiddle over the berth alongside the hull.
- Large hanging locker with shelves.
- Access to navigation instrument transducers.
- Large head compartment with shower Manual marine toilet, moulded washbasin, large mirror and chrome plated brass mixer tap with shower unit.
- The shower has direct drainage by an electric pump.
- Version 1 and 2 : 1 head
- Version 3 : 2 heads
- Manual marine toilet, moulded washbasin, large mirror and chrome plated brass mixer tap with shower unit.
- The shower has direct drainage by an electric pump.
- A large U-shaped settee is on the starboard side with cushions made out of foam with washable covers.
- A central fixed settee has a hinged stowage area underneath.
- Further stowage is available under seats and behind backrests.
- Stowage lockers with doors and bookshelf above the settee.
- The saloon table has a bottle rack in the centre and fiddles.
- Stainless steel mast pillar.
- Large format chart table with a hinged desk top.
- Ergonomic wooden seat with stowage underneath.
- White vinyl cushion.
- 45? angled instrument console.
- Stowage under chart table with drawer.
- Double berth approximately 200cm long.
- 10cm thick mattress with washable cover.
- Large hanging locker with double door and shelf above.
- Shelf with sea-fiddle over berth.
- Access behind engine, oddments tray on top.
- 160 litre fuel tank under starboard berth.
- 160 litre water tank under port berth.
- Battery switches on the vertical area of the starboard berth.
- Technical area between aft berths.
- 12V DC system.
- Switchboard with circuit breakers, voltmeter, 12V outlet.
- 1 x 100 Ah engine battery.
- 1 x 100 Ah house battery.
- Switch for each battery.
- Longitudinal shaped galley with large Corian? worktop.
- Double stainless steel sink.
- Chrome plated brass mixer tap for pressurised water.
- Cooker - three burner stove with oven and grill on gimbals.
- 12V electric refrigerator unit (130 litres).
- Stowage boxes, with separated compartments.
- Cutlery drawer and PVC stowage baskets.
- Upper cabinets, one of which can house a microwave oven.
- Crumb tray under sole.
- Volvo 40 hp (29.1 kW). Sail-drive transmission.
- Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve.
- Large capacity sea water strainer.
- Control panel close to helmsman with hour meter, engine stop and tachometer.
- Alternator with battery isolator.
- Fuel tank gauge on electrical switchboard.
- Fuel filter with water separator.
- Emergency fuel shutoff handle.
- Engine room ventilation blower, and two ventilation hoses.
- Two-blade fixed propeller.
- Access to the engine from front and both sides.
- Independent engine bilge.
- Quality sound proofing using high density foam.
- Teak handrails on coachroof. Wooden toerail.
- Self-draining chain locker with eye bolt and integrated windlass bracket, lid with locking bolt.
- Stemhead fitting anchor roller.
- Pulpit with wooden step and separate green/red navigation lights.
- Pushpits with horseshoe buoy bracket, flag pole holder, navigation light, and opening cable gate with hook.
- Stanchions with two levels of life line.
- Six aluminium mooring cleats.
- Single stainless steel chainplate for cap shrouds/aft lower shrouds.
- Two chainplates for the backstay.
- Two deck fillers for water and one for fuel.
- Mainsheet track on and adjustable traveller on coachroof.
- Boom vang.
- Genoa sheet tracks with piston lead blocks.
- Genoa sheet turning blocks on coaming.
- 8 sheave deck organizers for halyard returns, mainsail sheet and reefing lines.
- Stainless steel swan neck electric/electronic cable gland.
- 7 clutches on coachroof.
- Two x 40 ST halyard winches on the roof to starboard.
- Two x 48 ST genoa winches on coamings close to the helmsman.
- Hand laminated GRP hull with Twaron reinforcements at keel area.
- The NPG gelcoat (the first layer of cloth is impregnated with NPG resin) forms an optimum barrier against osmosis.
- Inner moulded hull bottom, structural grid laminated to the hull.
- Hull portlights in the saloon.
- Deck in Balsa core sandwich, made by Infusion process.
- Draft 2.10m, cast iron keel, bolt loads taken up by stainless steel backing plate.
- Semi-elliptical rudder, filled with closed cell epoxy foam.
- Stainless steel, solid stock.
- Two winch handles with holder.
- Owner?s briefcase with owner?s manual.
Sails & Rigging
- Anodised aluminium mast with double swept backed spreaders, rigged 15/16, deck stepped.
- Anchor and steaming lights.
- Boom topping lift cleat.
- Anodised aluminium boom equipped with two single line reefing system.
- Genoa furler.
- Grounded rigging system.
- Continuous standing rigging in single strand stainless steel cable and chrome plated bronze turnbuckles including: forestay, double backstay, cap shrouds, inter and lower shrouds.
- Pre-stretched running rigging including: Main and Genoa halyards, boom topping lift, Main and Genoa sheets, two reefing lines, outhaul line, Mainsheet car control line, furling line, boom vang tackle.
- Mainsail equipped with two broad reef bands, with battens and bag.
- Furling Genoa with anti-UV protection.
Please enter a valid name!
Please enter a valid email address!
RE: Dufour 425
Message cannot be empty!