2008 Duffy 50 Pilothouse Trawler
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Yarmouth, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 599,500
An incredible sea boat, this 50' Duffy was custom built by Atlantic Boat in Brooklin, Maine. Her current (2nd owner) a hugely experienced Yachtsman having owned a yacht yard and done extensive racing and cruising under sail as well as having owned a Nordhavn 46. He chose this yacht as he could appreciate how easy she is to operate and own as well as for her efficient displacement speed cruising along with her high teens cruise speed when desired. Now only for sale as this octogenarian wishes to downsize. The current owners have done a number of upgrades, please read the full specs for details.
"A Certified Professional Yacht Broker and Past President of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, Bill holds an Unlimited Master Mariner's License and has over 40 years experience in marine fields. Bill has been a broker with ECYS since 1998.".
Please contact Bill Full, CPYB at 207-846-4545
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 17 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Headroom: 6 ft 8 in
Dry Weight: 55000 lbs
Total Power: 1000 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: C-18
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1700
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 1000 HP
Cruising Speed: 18 knots @ 2080 RPM
Maximum Speed: 22 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Fiberglass (320 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Fiberglass (750 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 Plastic (50 Gallons)
Beautifully built to provide cruising luxury for a couple with room for guests or children when desired. Light abounds in all spaces with numerous windows hatches and ports providing superb natural ventilation as well. When natural ventilation is not enough 3 reverse cycle (heat and cool) units will keep in interior comfortable in a wide range of climates while, when cruising in cooler weather and not wanting to use the generator central Espar diesel cabin heat system is fitted, this system has outlets in all compartments inlcuding the heads. Excellent headroom of over 6'-10" throughout (the original owner is 6'-7"). Her bright and airy interior is finished in, what traditionalists would call "Herreshoff Style" with varnished teak trim on white flat panels, all cabin soles are varnished teak & holly. Lighting is extensive with overhead recessed Cantalupi halogen lights on dimmer at all headliner battens and swivel style reading laps at the berths and settees. Last but not least there is at least as much storage space as we have seen on any cruising yacht this size.
Vessel Walk Thru:
Starting forward is the Owner's Stateroom with a full king sized berth with custom air mattress. Below the berth there are 6 large cargo drawers and above the berth there are full length storage shelves with fiddle. Aft and to P&S are his and hers hanging lockers with storage lockers above. Aft and to starboard is a full sized head featuring Vacu-flush W.C., Corian topped vanity with undermount, ceramic sink and storage. Adjacent to the head is a laundry closet with full sized washer and properly vented dryer units. Oppoiste to port is a 2nd "head" with separate stall shower compartment, vanity and sink (no W.C. in this 2nd head).
Up 4 steps (there is a hatch and door to isolate the forward cabin when desired) to the wheelhouse/salon with helm station to starboard. Wing doors both P&S side allow easy access to the side decks, aft and to port is an over 7' long L-shaped settee with storage under and book shleves with fiddle above. forward and to port is a nav. area and chart storage along with a large drawer for other navigational utensils.
Heading aft and down three steps one finds a guest stateroom to starboard with a bunk bed arrangement. Below the lower berth there is top load access type storage with additional storage forward in in upper hanging locker and then 6 drawers below.
To port and aft is as spacious and well appointed a U-shaped galley as one finds on a yacht of this size. As beautifully appointed as the rest of the vessel; there are Corain counter tops, NovaCool full height refrigerator freezer box with ice maker, 3 burner ceramic cooktop, convection microwave and a single basin stainless steel sink. Storage in the galley is extensive (see photo). The aft end of the galley counter top overhangs providing a "breakfast bar" or spot to nurse a cup of coffee while chatting with the chef!
Just aft of the galley is a small desk while inboard is the guest/day head. The head features a small vanity with undermount ceramic sink and Vacuflush W.C.
Throughout this Duffy 50 is a delight; beautifully finished, bright and airy.
- KVH Trac III satellite entertainment system new 2014
- 3 Sony Bravia flat screen TVS with DVD player
- External cell phone antenna with signal amplifier
- Hunter Douglas Wood blinds for all side windows
Fitted put for coastal cruising with all electroncs located at the helm station starboard side.
- Simrad AP26 Autopilot
- Furuno Navnet Radar 1934C
- Furuno RD-30 Multi function display
- Garmin 7612 color radar/plotter 2015
- 2 ea Autohelm ST-60 depth sounders
- Furuno PB-130 Airmar with windspeed, direction, direction and temperature
- ICOM VHF 304 and ICOM VHF 602 radio at lower helm
- ICOM VHF 304 radio at upper helm & in pilot house
- Dual redundant, different frequency depth sounders
- Cell phone antenna/amplifier system
- Stern and engine room camera monitors
- 2 ea Kahlenberg bugle air horns
Wired for 12 Volt DC service and 120 Volt AC service. A 12kw Westerbeke generator showing 915 hours as of date of listing handles heavier loads when off the dock while a 2000 watt Xantrex inverter handles lighter loads.
12 Volt DC:
- Distribution panel by helm with breakers
- Volt & Amp meters
- 2 8D lead acid house 24 volt bank
- 1 8D lead acid battery 12 volt bank
- 1 8D engine start battery
- 1 Group 27 lead acid generator start battery
- 140 amp alternator
- Vanner 100 amp 24-12 volt batter equalizer
120 Volt AC Service
- 12 kw Westerbeke Generator
- 18 outlets
- 12 gallon Raritan hot water heater (also engine supplied)
- Xantex 2000 watt Inverter/70 amp charger
- 50 amp shore power connection in cockpit
- 50' 50 amp shore power cord
Singe Caterpillar C-18 1,000 HP fresh water cooled diesel turns a 5 bladed 38 X 36" left handed wheel, on a 3" stainless steel shaft, through a ZF 2.45:1 reduction gear. Her engine room is clean as a whistle and has standing headroom of 6'-7"; easily accessed by an ingeniously hidden set up steps encased with in the interior joiner work.
From sea trials with the seller with clean bottom and 1/2 fuel and full water:
- 700 RPM 6.0 kt 16% load 1 GPH
- 1200 RPM 8.9 kt 36% load 8.8 GPH
- 1600 RPM 10.4 kt 50% load 20.4 GPH
- 2100 RPM 19.0 kt 80% load 39.0 GPH (full all day cruise)
- 2330 RPM 22.5 kt 100% load 50 GPH (wide open throttle)
- Single 1,015 hp C-18 Cat diesel engine
- Sidepower 9 hp 24 v bow thruster
- Kolbelt dual controls
- Dual Racor fuel filters
- PYI dripless shaft seal
- Fireboy manual/automatic engine room fire supplression
- 12 kw Generator in soundbox
- 6'7" Walk in headroom in engine room
- 3 electric bilge pumps with high water alarm
- Reverso FPS150 24v fuel polishing systems
- 3 ea 16,000 BTU A/C System
- Central Espar Diesel Heating System
- Hydraulic Steering System - engine driven
- Protected prop and rudder - large barn door rudder with bronze shoe
- Line cutters on shaft
- Delta-T exhaust fans for engine room
- Auxiliary helm controls on upper deck
- Upper helm jog style control through autopilot
Hull & Deck
Semi-displacement Spencer Lincoln designed "downeast" type hull with full skeg and protected propeller and rudder built of foam cored fiberglass topsides with solid fiberglass bottom from the keel to the turn of the bilge with vinyl-ester resin in the exterior laminate. The hull is finished with Jade Mist Green Awlgrip with a White Boot Stripe and green antifouling. The house and deck structure is molded fiberglass with closed cell foam coring and Oyster White Awlgrip finish with Gray Awlgrip with non-skid in the cockpit and Moondust Awlgrip on the side decks with non-skid.
There is a small but functional "flying bridge" accessed via the ladder and inlcudes basic navigational inturments, Autopilot, VHF, thruster and engine controls.
To improve comfort and ease of movement about the yacht the current owners have added stainless steel rails to the after side decks and to the house top.
- Lewmar electric V-4 windlass
- Manual conversion added to windlass 2014 to enable hoisting anchor if electric motor fails
- 88 lb. Rocna anchor with 300' 5/16 hi-tensile chain new 2014
- Hinged radar mast allows 19' bridge clearance, 24' when raised
- Avon 311 RIB tender with 8 HP Mercury outboard
- Chock and Nick Jackson crane on upper deck
- P&S Wing doors off pilothouse to side decks
- Reverse windshield on pilothouse
- Transom Door
- Fiberglass Swim Platform with Swim Ladder
- Ladder from cockpit to upper deck and helm
- Storage lockers in cockpit and upper helm
- Stainless steel railings added to upper deck and after portion of side decks 2014
- 4 fenders and 6 braided docklines
- 8 Type II and Type I PFDs
- Flare kit
- 4 fire extinguishers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.