- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 1,500,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 1,632,150)
Great looking Bill Dixon design with carbon spar and great deck house. Fully refitted 2010 and with a fab light wood interior.
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: King Marine
Designer: Bill Dixon
LOA: 73 ft 0 in
Beam: 19 ft 8 in
LWL: 66 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 11 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 11 ft 6 in
Displacement: 35380 kgs
Ballast: 11793 kgs
Total Power: 250 HP
Engine Brand: Lugger
Engine Model: 1066h
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 250 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
LA LUNA is an outstanding custom cruising yacht from the board of Bill Dixon. She was built for powerful, fast cruising worldwide and has superb accommodation together with a great deck saloon and wide clear decks. She is easily handled by a small crew and she has been meticulously skipper maintained from Day One and she gleams.
Superbly finished and detailed, from her uncluttered decks (teak over e-glass), her latest technology, Hall carbon rig with in-boom furling and carbon standing rigging, her set of Doyle high tech sails and her vast carefully designed cockpit with large central dining table with a fridge which is perfect either at sea or for entertaining or both.
Her navigation systems are up to date with B&G H3000 Series with Furuno radar/GPs/chart plotter. Inside her beautifully appointed interior is finished in Haya Beech over stainless kickplates. Fully air conditioned – Cruisair 72,000 BTU.
The well-equipped galley has separate stainless fridges and freezers as well as a Miele electric oven, gas hob, dishwasher and microwave along with ample storage.
The cabins are all light, airy and voluminous, giving the impression of a much larger yacht. The fore-cabin is equipped with a large double berth and single berth, which allows luxurious accommodation as a crew cabin or as a fourth cabin on a privately run yacht.
LA LUNA has been recommissioned and fully serviced for the 2016 Caribbean season and is in fully sailing trim. Work carried out includes a 5 year rig check by Hall Spars, there is a report available, a refresh of the teak deck and full overhaul and deep service of the main systems. The interior décor has also been refreshed with new artwork and blinds.
Fully painted with Awl Grip in autumn 2010, entire lower saloon, galley and crew head also repainted/re-lacquered 2013. Re-modeled cockpit table and new halyards, sheets etc. with new fibre furling staysail system also in autumn 2010. Fleet 150 broadband also installed.
LA LUNA has sailed from Buenos Aires to Palma via Rio, through the Caribbean, through both the Western and Eastern Mediterranean and then in 2010/2011, to the Caribbean and back. In her latest Trans-Atlantic voyage, she made the passage from Antigua to Palma in only 19 days, including several days where she had no wind.
Great efforts have been made to soundproof the interior accommodation and engine room, allowing for maximum comfort for long passages and blue-ocean cruising.
There is no comparison to LA LUNA on the market and her interior volume and numerous qualities have to be experienced first-hand to truly be appreciated. High build quality, proven track record and simplicity of systems make her a rare and unique offering.
LA LUNA is built to RINA and MCA; not currently certified as such. Owner has paperwork to prove build standard and no major changes have been made in the last few years.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull – Vacuum infusion e-glass with PVC foam core on a male mould, with carbon reinforcement.
- Deck – E-glass composite with PVC foam core and carbon unidirectional reinforcement.
- Re-antifouled (11/2015).
- Repairs to the teak deck as needed, and a light sand (11/2015).
- Hull and superstructure fully polished (11/2015).
- Deck hatches rebonded as required (11/2015).
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin with bulb.
- Spade fully-balanced rudder.( new bearings 10/2015)
- Seal between hull and keel replaced (10/2015).
Engine & Gearboxes: (Engine can be rebuilt in situ if ever required)
- 1 x Lugger 1066H (250hp/186.4kW continuous rating).
- ZF 285a gearbox
- Engine Hours: c. 2,966 as of 03/11/15.
- Cruising Speed: 9 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 11 knots.
- Consumption: 12.5 lph @ 9 knots approx.
- Major Service of main engine (11/2015), as part of preventative maintenance programme.
Propulsion & Steering:
- West Mekan 4-bladed variable pitch propeller system (825-850m).
- Lewmar 15hp hydraulic bow thruster.
- 220-230v system.
- New and re-design of the yacht’s main electrical panel (10/2015).
- Original batteries, 2v cells, 1000a/h on service batteries, 300a/h on navigation batteries, 12v starter on main and generator (can be paralleled), all gel-type.
- 35 amp alternator on generator.
- 65 amp alternator on main engine; to charge own starter battery.
- 195 amp alternator on main engine for service and navigation batteries.
- 20kW Northern Lights generator; removable through soft floor if needed.
- Generator Hours: c. 2,579 as of 03/11/15.
- Major Service of generator (11/ 2015), as part of preventative maintenance programme.
- No shore power converter.
- Full onboard hydraulic system with 2 x 3000w DC motors and 1 x generator PTO.
- Hydraulic & ships monitor PLC – Jacksons, New Zealand.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 2 x Fresh water pumps; replaced 11/ 2015.
- HEM 2500 watermaker 300lph (Hours: c. 527 as of 03/11/15).
- Total fuel capacity of 2,600 litres.
- Total water capacity of 1,100 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total grey water capacity of 300 litres.
- Total black water capacity of 400 litres.
- Full B&G H3000 instrumentation and pilot.
- Furuno radar/chart plotter.
- Fleet 150 broadband.
- New ships computer and screen 11/2015
- Isotherm fridge and freezer cooling systems.
- Full Miele electric oven with gas hob.
- Miele Dishwasher.
- Miele Washer/Dryer.
- Miele Microwave.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Cruisair TWC 36 times 2 x air conditioning chillers 72,000btu, with internal heating elements.
- 32” Samsung LCD flat screen.
- Bose speakers & also in cockpit.
- DVD/radio/iPod dock/hard drive/PC plug-in.
- 23” Samsung drop down flat screen.
- Mac Mini PC – DVD/wi-fi.
- Bose Speakers.
- B&G full function display.
- 21” Samsung flat screen mounted on bulkhead.
- Mac Mini PC – DVD/wi-fi.
- Bose speakers.
- 21” Samsung flat screen.
- Link to ship’s chart plotter.
- B&G full function display.
- 24v halogen lighting.
- All interior blinds either refurbished or replaced (2015).
- All cushions and bed covers replaced (2015).
- New artwork throughout (2015).
- New headboard in crew cabin (2015).
Description of layout from forwards:
From forward there is a large lazarette with skippers’ accommodation which has a double berth to port with desk and storage ahead of this. There is a sofa to starboard and separate heads aft with separate shower stall.
There is a door into the lower saloon with horseshoe seating and table to starboard for dining and a large and well finished galley to port with ample storage as well as huge refrigeration.
Up steps to the panoramic main saloon with seating to port with table and a further sofa to starboard with a well laid out nav station aft.
There is easy access onto the deck with a vast cockpit and twin wheels aft of this which is a great area for entertaining.
Internally aft down steps there is access into the engine room which has great access to all the systems.
There are 2 guest cabins – a large double to port with its own heads and an upper and lower berth cabin to starboard.
The owners’ cabin is aft with a double berth, and sofas either side of the berth, a desk and large heads compartment.
Note: Haya Beech veneers throughout, with white paint in crew head.
- Hall spars lenticular carbon rigging (11/ 2010).
- Hall spars carbon in boom furling system and mast (11/ 2010).
- PBO backstay, kevlar runers, Reckman furler (11/2010).
- All deck gear by Harken.
- 5 year rig check by Hall Spars; removal of spar and full check of spar and standing rigging. Report available and all recommendations actioned (10/2015).
- 388sq/m AP spinnaker.
- 245sq/m code 0.
- Doyle Stratos jib, main and staysail.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Carbon stowaway anchor system with 105lb CQR anchor and 100m grade 8 10mm anchor chain.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood and covers (2013).
- Overall cover for shore storage.
- Transom cover
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon 410 tender, with custom heavy duty hypalon tubes (2009) and Suzuki 50hp 4-stroke; 250 engine hours.(major service 08/2015 )
- Safety gear will need servicing before next season.
- FM200 fixed installation in engine room.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Ron Holland Design
En-route Canary Islands, Spain