- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 489,000
When considering a blue water cruising boat with unmatched safety features, comfort and a good turn of speed, you need look no further than the Caliber 47LRC.
The combination of a 5'2"draft, waterway friendly mast, convertible cutter rig, massive tankage, and strategically placed water tight bulkheads all add up to a very comfortable, safe and seaworthy boat.
No one documents construction and design techniques like Caliber, either. If you have any questions I suggest referring to their highly informative manual. Just send a quick email and I will send you the link. It's great reading and will tell you everything you've ever wanted to know about these great boats.
Sweet Spot was purchased new by her current owners and has lived her life enjoying excellent maintenance and care. She is spotlessly clean, has low hours and is ready for your adventure.
Just check out some of her features....
- 75 HP Yanmar engine with low hours and Caliber's anti-vibration system
- Slide out, easily serviced Northern Lights 5.5KW Genset
- Vetus Bow Thruster
- Reverse Cycle Heat and Air
- Built In Washer/Dryer
The list goes on and the care is unsurpassed. Don't miss her.
Listed by Michele Martinage, who has been
helping satisfied customers buy and sell yachts for 26 years.
She's always available at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell which is
Please contact Michele Martinage at (410) 708-4416
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Michael McCreary
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 52 ft 11 in
Beam: 13 ft 2 in
LWL: 39 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 2 in
Displacement: 33000 lbs
Ballast: 13000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 33000 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH4TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (225 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (277 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 6
Number of heads: 2
Accommodations and Walk Through
The beauty of a center cockpit design is that it gives you two beautiful staterooms with privacy. The Caliber 47 LRCSE not only gives you two staterooms but each stateroom has it's own head AND separate stall shower.
When entering the boat, you walk down large companionway stairs with hand rails on both sides. To port of the companionway is the galley with 10' long corian countertops, freezer, frig, ss sink, three burner stove with oven and microwave. The galley is "L" shaped and with dual passageways aft, the cook never has to move for traffic.
To starboard of the companionway is the nav station and directly aft of the nav station is the aft head with separate stall shower. This head is the ensuite head for the large, private aft owner's cabin featuring a centerline queen bed, twin seating areas and twin hanging lockers. The owner's head has a separate stall shower, sink and electric marine toilet.
Forward of the galley and nav station area is the main saloon with "L" shaped settee to port, fold down bulkhead table and facing settee to starboard.
Forward of the main saloon is the guest cabin with pullman style berth to port. The guest head is forward of that and features a separate stall shower, sink and manual marine toilet.
- Outstanding joinery work and choice, beautiful teak throughout.
- Dark blue ultrasuede cushions....all in excellent shape.
- All amenities including reverse cycle heat and air available at the dock or on the hook. You are always comfortable.
- Washer/ Dryer
- The boat is very lightly used..
- Sweet Spot is one of the cleanest boats this broker has seen. She has been given excellent care in all areas.
The galley in the Caliber 47LRCSE is a great sea galley. In addition to good lighting and cross ventilation, there is storage for everything.
It is an efficient and safe place for the cook to work.
- Corian countertops the length of the galley (10 ft)
- Large single bowl stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water
- Seagull water filter allowing drinking water from the tank
- Three burner Force 10 Propane stove with oven
- Top opening freezer (3.5 cu. ft)
- Top and front opening refrigerator (4.3 cu ft)
- Tilt out trash bin
Sails and Rigging
IJPE : 1014.00 sq ft
I : 54.50 ft
J : 21.42 ft
P : 47.83 ft
E : 18.00 ft
Working Sail Area : 1014.00 sq ft
- Sun Spot is sloop rigged with the convertible cutter rig (easier sailing until staysail is needed and affords an uncluttered fore-deck)
- Doyle main on Selden in mast furling system
- Doyle 135% Genoa on Furlex reefing/furling
- Doyle Staysail
- Lewmar ST50 upgraded Halyard winch
- Lewmar ST58 upgraded Primaries
- Solid Rod Kicker Boom Vang
- Harken traveler control system
- All lines convenient to cockpit
- Twin backstays for added confidence
- Inboard genoa tracks for more efficient windward performance
Deck and Hull
Sweet Spot's non-skid affords great footing, even in wet weather. Her decks are wide and easily traveled and the bow sprit/anchoring and line handling platform adds a huge amount of comfort and security.
- Caliber Safety Sea Rails (extra tall and extra long) improve safety around the cockpit and sprit area
- Lofrans Project 1500 electric anchor windlass
- Fresh/salt water deck washdown
- 44 lb Delta Anchor, 50' of chain and 200' of 5/8" rode
- Dual anchor rode locker
- Dual storage lockers forward
- Slotted aluminum toe rail
- Self-deployable swim ladder
- Well designed swim/boarding platform
- Hot.cold transom shower
- Skeg hung rudder
- Impact resistance zones for added protection
- Watertight Collision Bulkhead forward
- Generous cockpit bimini with sparkling clear bimini to deck dodger
- Cockpit cushions
- Folding Wheel
- Raymarine Wind Indicator
- Raymarine Tridata
- (2) Raymarine E80 Series Radar/Chartplotter color displays
- Raymarine 4KW Raydome with Questus 300G gimalled mast mount with guard
- ICOM IC-M502 VHF with remote mic
- Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS/WAAS antenna
- Simrad AP 26 autopilot w/AC40 computer and linear hydraulic drive
Sweet Spot features Caliber's Smart Electrical System that is too much to explain in this listing. It starts by being generally "upsized" in about every way. From the high output alternator to the batteries (which are conveniently located), the upsized digital panel with extra space and the "smart regulator".....this system is well thought out and functional.
- Full 12V and 110V systems
- Full nav lights and interior lights
- Caliber Smart Electrical System
- High output alternator
- (3) 4D AGM Deep cycle house batteries
- (1) Dedicated high output starter battery
- Engine regulator with temperature sensor
- Emergency Parallel Switch from house to starter battery
- Northern Lights 5.5 Generator with 324 Hours
- Numerous 12V outlets
Mechanical and Plumbing
Caliber believes that the engine room is the heart of the boat. They design their engine room to accommodate all the mechanical systems that may be installed and provide excellent access to them, as well. The engine actually has access 360 degrees around and the generator slides out on rails to facilitate servicing.
- 75 HP Yanmar 4JH4TE-2.70 diesel
- Caliber's trademarked Anti-Vibration System
- Three blade prop Feathering?
- Vetus Bow Thruster
- Norther Lights 5.5kw Generator on special slide out brackets (324 Hours)
- Cruisair 16K BTU and 12K BTU Reverse Cycle Heat and Air with SMX Controls
- Caliber Safety Sea Chest (Single point thru-hull replaces 10 individual thru-hulls)
- Built -in Washer and Dryer
- Raritan Electric Aft Head
- Seagull water filter
- Tank Tender Fluids Gauge System
- Frigoboat Keel-cooled refrigeration and freezer units
Manufacturer Provided Description
A modified fin keel with skeg-hung rudder makes the Caliber 47LRC exceptionally responsive and quick, with outstanding directional stability even through pounding seas. Because she has an unusually large displacement for a boat of her size, the Caliber moves steadily in heavy seas, and because of her high ballast-to-displacement ratio, the Caliber is very stable (and therefore safe) in rough water. Much of the Caliber's weight is due to her superior construction and not just added ballast, so Caliber owners can be extra certain that their boat can take what the sea dishes out. Other builders may extol their use of exotic new building materials to save weight, but Caliber Yachts sticks with hefty, hand-crafted lamination - a time-tested construction method that provides layer upon layer of strength against tough offshore conditions. It's the reason why the Caliber 47LRC feels so solid - and why Caliber Yachts guarantees its hulls for life against structural defects to the original owner.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
38 Long Range
Annapolis, MD, United States