- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The Vancouver 28 is a direct descendant from the original Vancouver 27, the design that started the Vancouver legend. Vancouver 28 is beautifully balanced; so much so that she will sail herself, making the passagemaking untiring and easy on the crew. Even when her large stowage area is full to capacity she carries the load without impeding her sailing performance. The Vancouver 28 effortlessly maintains a high average speed, enabling owners to plan on covering 100 nautical miles in a day. This yacht (like all Vancouvers) offers a flexible sail plan with her strong, versatile cutter rig. Everything about this yacht should recommend itself to a sailing couple:- Comfortable, good sized sea berths, a wet locker adjacent to the companionway, large chart table, good ventilation, easy access to all parts for maintenance, and all that generous storage space.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 28 ft 0 in
Beam: 8 ft 8 in
LWL: 22 ft 11 in
Dry Weight: 8960 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x 18 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (28 Gallons)
- The cockpit is integral with the deck moulding.
- There are two large cockpit lockers port and starboard with GRP sealing lids and shockcords to hold them open.
- The drained gas bottle locker is aft with space for two bottles.
- There are two cave lockers in the coaming.
- The two large diameter cockpit drains exit through the stern and the floor has a teak duckboard.
- Two harness lifeline attachment points are fitted.
- The cockpit seats are finished in smooth treadmaster.
ACCOMMODATION (3 BERTH LAYOUT) FOREPEAK
- The forepeak is left open for sail stowage with access to the chain locker forward.
- On the centreline is the marine toilet.
- There is a washbasin to starboard with storage under and outboard and a wardrobe to port with shelves and hanging space.
- A foot pump provides water to the washbasin.
- There are two single settee berths with lee cloths and storage under and outboard with upholstered backrests.
- There are two full length storage lockers either side behind the backrests for storage of the optional pipe cots or dinghy oars etc.
- There are open storage lockers below.
- Above the settee berths are bookshelves and lockers.
- There is a double flap table on the centreline supported on the teak mast support post.
- A large chart table is to starboard with stowage under for charts.
- Spaces for navigational instruments and the electrical switch panel are outboard.
- The large quarter berth runs aft from the chart table, the head of which forms the navigator?s seat.
- There are two single berths with infill to form a double.
- There is stowage below the berths and on shelves on the hull side.
- A separate toilet compartment, fitted across the boat, has a marine toilet and a washbasin with foot pump.
- There are stowages under and outboard.
- The saloon has two single settee berths with lee cloths fitted.
- There is stowage under the berths and outboard behind the backrests.
- There are bookshelves and cupboards under the sidedeck.
- The galley is slightly smaller then the three berth layout with a sink, cooker and well planned stowages.
- The chart table is to starboard with a seat behind.
- There is stowage for charts and space for navigational instruments.
- The oilskin locker is aft of the seat.
- Two heavy duty 12v batteries are provided, separately isolated, so that one can be reserved for engine starting.
- All systems are separately wired and switched with circuit breakers mounted in the electrical panel.
- Spare breakers are supplied for future fitting of instruments etc.
- A complete set of interior lights are fitted including bulkhead lights for reading and overhead deckhead lights.
- A red light is fitted for night sailing.
- A combined bow port and starboard navigation light and stern white light are fitted in addition to the mast lights.
- A sacrificial anode on the hull is wired to the engine and stern tube.
- The stainless steel sink with fresh water foot pump is to port with a two burner cooker with grill and oven with fail-safe on all burners.
- There is a gas shut off valve adjacent to the cooker.
- A galley crash bar is fitted.
- There is plenty of storage with purpose made drawers for crockery and cutlery stowage.
- There is a large oilskin locker aft of the galley.
- A Yanmar 2GM20 18hp fresh water cooled marine diesel engine, is fitted with a three bladed fixed propeller and a stainless steel shaft in a bronze stern tube with water lubricated outboard bearing.
- A GRP water trap and anti-siphon loop is fitted in the wet exhaust system.
- A single lever gear and throttle control is mounted in the cockpit.
- The standard Yanmar engine instrumentation panel is fitted just inside the companionway.
- The engine alternator (55 amp/hr) charges the yacht?s batteries.
- The side decks and coachroof are finished in non slip GRP.
- Ventilation is provided by the opening Lewmar hatch in the forecabin plus three dorade ventilators.
- All halyards and the kicking strap control are led aft to the cockpit through Spinlock rope clutches.
- Teak grab rails are fitted on the coachroof.
- A substantial double bow roller is fitted.
- The anchor stowage is on brackets on the pulpit.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit.
- 6 x 24 inch stanchions and bases.
- Stainless steel guard over forward dorade ventilator.
- Sliding hatch over companionway.
- GRP hatch cover with console for instruments.
- Teak weatherboards with retaining bolts.
- 1 x Henderson bilge pump in cockpit.
- 2 x Lewmar halyard winches.
- 2 x Lewmar staysail winches.
- 2 x Lewmar self tailing genoa winches.
- 2 x double Spinlock halyard rope clutches.
- 1 x bulkhead compass.
- 8 x aluminium Lewmar opening framed windows.
- 2 x aluminium Lewmar fixed framed windows.
- 2 x staysail sheet blocks on track with slides.
- 2 x genoa sheet tracks with roller fairleads and end stops.
- Mainsail sheet track, traveller and end stops.
- 2 x mooring cleats with fairleads on foredeck.
- 2 x mooring cleats with fairleads at stern.
- 2 x midship cleats and fairleads.
- Bollard on foredeck for ground tackle.
- Water and fuel tank fillers.
- The hull and deck are hand laid up GRP.
- The hull is laid up in accordance with Northshore?s Nordseal laminate system.
- The lead ballast keel of 1,565kgs (3,460lbs) is encapsulated entirely within the hull moulding.
- A beam shelf is incorporated into the hull structure onto which the deck is bonded, secured with stainless steel bolts and overlaid with GRP.
- The deck moulding has a balsa core which is replaced with plywood in high stress areas where fittings are attached.
- The cavity between the hull and deck upstand is filled with a resin putty and capped with a teak rail.
- There are scuppers through the upstand for deck drainage.
Rig and Sails
- The cutter rig is standard.
- The mast has a single set of spreaders and is silver anodised.
- Tricolour with all round white light.
- Steaming light combined with deck flood light.
- Spinnaker pole track only.
- Spinnaker halyard.
- Main halyard.
- Genoa halyard.
- Staysail halyard.
- Topping lift.
- Forestay fitted with Furlex headsail reefing.
- Inner forestay.
- Twin backstays.
- Cap shrouds.
- Fore and aft lower shrouds.
- Running backstays.
- The boom has two internal reefing lines and an outhaul line with stoppers at the forward end
- A Lewmar reefing winch is positioned on the aft face of the mast.
- Sails are by Arun Sailmakers Limited to their ocean specification.
- Mainsail with three rows of reefs Cruising yankee Staysail Mainsail cover.
- Mainsail 14.96 sq m 161 sq ft
- Cruising Yankee 18.01 sq m 195 sq ft
- Staysail 7.90 sq m 85 sq ft
- Genoa (optional) 28.4 sq m 306 sq ft
- Storm Jib (optional) 4.1 sq m 44 sq ft
- The hull and deck are in gel coated finish with a colour choice from Northshore?s standard range.
- There is a moulded in nonslip finish on deck.
- The bilges and lockers are painted throughout.
- The interior woodwork is finished in satin varnish.
- The upholstery is to owner?s choice from the Northshore range of fabrics.
- The boot top and style lines are in coloured gel coat finish.
- The cavita line is in paint to the owner?s choice of colour.
- The yacht is sail and motor tested and handed over afloat and in commission ex works Itchenor.
- 25Ib CQR anchor with 20 metres of 8mm chain and 50 metres of anchor warp
- 3 fenders
- 2 winch handles
- 2 x 15 metre warps
- fire extinguisher
- boat hook
- 1 gas bottle
- staff and holder
Please enter a valid name!
Please enter a valid email address!
RE: Vancouver 28
Message cannot be empty!
Toll-free: change me
Please enter a valid name!
Please enter a valid email address!
Message cannot be empty!