- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- San Diego, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 167,900
JD is a late model 2007 J/109 that has been lightly raced in Southern California and in great shape overall, One of the Cleanest 109 I have had the opportunity to Represent. Boat is at dock in front of owners home in Coronado. This one is ready to go. - VERY CLEAN, MUST SEE
Low Maintainance White Gel Coat Hull with Contract Navy Blue Waterline Strip and Canvas,
J/109 features the popular carbon fiber retractable bowsprit (JSprit) and asymmetric spinnaker system and a cruisable 2-cabin interior layout with standing headroom. She is designed with a very low VCG, long waterline, and generous sail plan with the horse power for competitive racing and stability for relaxed cruising when the racing crew is not aboard. The J/109 is stable, easy to sail, and a proven performance boat. There is interior volume and amenities necessary for comfortable cruising and a great dual purpose deck layout.
The sleek profile and generous sailplan give one an immediate sense of the speed potential of the J/109. The hull profile reveals a long waterline, low wetted surface and a low VCG fin keel, designed for excellent stability when sailing short-handed.
Sail handling systems follow the J philosophy of keeping things easy. Halyards and reef lines are cockpit led, mainsheet controls are within reach of the wheel, and inboard sheeting tracks permit the use of both overlapping and non-overlapping headsails. There is ample on-deck stowage, thanks to the removable transom locker, cockpit seat locker and a bow compartment large enough for both the anchor rode and the asymmetric spinnaker.
The interior is European style with two private sleeping cabins and an option for a pull-out double in the large main cabin. The L shaped galley includes a double sink, two burner propane stove and a pressure water system. The nav station is a large sit-down forward-facing console with instrument displays outboard. The head is conveniently located aft near the companionway, providing easy access from the cockpit while underway.
The J/109 laminates and structure are engineered to optimize strength and durability without excess weight. J/109s are built utilizing the SCRIMP infusion molding process. This patented process yields hull and deck laminates that are nearly 50% stronger than those built with conventional hand lay-up methods.
"JD" is powered by a Yanmar 3YM30C sail drive engine with split zinc design and two blade folding prop and an 85 liter (18.5 gallon) fuel tank. The steering system features a large diameter Edson wheel with leather grip, a high-aspect spade rudder and self-aligning rudder bearings.
To provide you with the best possible service, I can be reached via email, cell, or text
To schedule your personal viewing contact: Kenyon Martin 858-775-5937 Kenyon@jk3yachts.com
Please contact Kenyon Martin Cel: 858-775-5937 at 619-224-6200
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: J Boats
Designer: Al Johnstone
LOA: 35 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
LWL: 30 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Displacement: 10900 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 3900 lbs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2007
Engine Model: 3YM30C Sail Drive
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 237
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 30 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (35 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
|US (ft)||Metric (m)|
|Shoal Keel Option||5.75||1.75|
|Engine||28 hp||28 hp|
PHRF Rating: 69 / 72
2007 JIB- Kevlar Laminated
2007 JIB- Dacron
2007 Kevlar Laminated
2007 - Assymetrical Spinnaker (class)
20XX - Norlight 60 A2 like new
B&G H1000 Electronics on Seahood 2 + Analog Wind
B&G H1000 3 FD Triple Display Electronic on Mast Bracket
B&G Linear Ram Autopilot - Control on port side of cockpit
Northstar Chart Plotter & GPS at NAV Station
Northstar Chart Plotter & GPS at Helm
Uniden VHF w/Remote Access Mic
Stereo CD/AM/FM (Sirius Ready)
Bose Audio stereo speakers speakers in main cabin
Video Camera in Thru Hull on Keel displays on GPS Screen
Carbon Kelp Stick
Loos Gauge (rig tuning tool)
Furled Jib Cover
Mainsail / Boom Cover
Dodger and Frame
Last Bottom Paint done in 2013 - Spray on Application
Propulsion & Steering
- Yanmar 3YM30C 29hp diesel engine with saildrive, hour meter 237 HRS as of 7-24-15, 100 amp Balmar alternator, and fresh water cooling with heat exchanger.
- Yanmar lighted panel recessed in cockpit includes electric stop, tachometer, alarms for oil, battery, and temperature.
- 1" engine insulation with removable front and side engine cover access hatches.
- 2 bladed Flex-O-Fold geared folding propeller.
- High aspect balanced rudder design w/large diameter custom molded FRP shaft mounted in Edson rudder bearing to exceed ABS specs.
- Edson 54" Diamond Series aluminum wheel with natural leather grip on custom molded pedestal with 5" Ritchie compass, through shaft brake, and wheel height stainless guard.
- Custom designed aluminum emergency tiller.
Engine Serviced - Oil changed , Belts , Filters, Impeller as needed by owners Boat Captain
Varnished cherry wood interior.
Varnished cherry hull slat siding in main cabin. Varnished wood hull slat siding in cabins forward and aft.
Simulated 1/2" teak and holly cabin sole.
Deluxe bolstered, navy blue cushions main salon, nav station and cabins.
2 hanging lockers with locker doors and shelves above, hinged access to storage below V berth, and full-length shelf over V-berth to port.
Settee/berths in main cabin with shelves outboard and storage cabinets fore and aft, with storage behind back rests.
Table with drop leafs, wood fiddles, and bottle storage compartment.
Large storage areas behind backrests.
Chart table w/chart storage under table, shelf storage outboard, hinged electrical & instrumentation panel. Storage below hinge-up seat, multi drawer cabinet on inboard face below table, and open compartment under tabletop.
Angled teak companionway steps with non-skid strips.
S/S hand rail on Cabin top
AFT HEAD (Starboard side) Manual Flush
Head with recessed wood trimmed door from main cabin and access door to starboard aft cockpit locker.
Head includes handheld pullout shower faucet, sink, vanity, mirror, handhold and storage located outboard.
Gratted floor with sump pump.
Y Valve for discharge overboard or to Holding Tank (located in aft storage area)
Side engine access hatch.
- Gimballed, 2 burner (including oven), Force 10 LPG stove/oven w/S.S. safety bar.
- Highly polished double stainless sink mounted to wheat colored laminate counter top.
- Molded refrigerator with foam insulation, single lid, and utility storage shelves.
- (2) Dry goods storage areas w/shelf & acrylic slider covers.
- Two utensil drawers aft of stove.
- Additional storage cabinet below drawers.
- Laminated wood fiddle with integral handhold around sink island.
- Pot and pan storage in cabinet under stove/oven.
- Trash storage under sink w/flip lid access.
- Cabinet for cleaning supplies and to acess trash under sink.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit Automatic/manual electric bilge pump with float switch
- Pressurized water system
- 1 water tank (96 litres) under starboard berth in salon
- Refrigerator drain
- 2 gel batteries 120 AH and 1 engine battery 70 AH with switches and double diode/circuit breaker
- 12V electric panel with fuel gauge and voltmeter
- Halogen lights on ceilings and swivelling tulip lights in cabins
- Ceiling light in head
- Light in cockpit locker
- Navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit, steaming light and mooring light
- Rig grounded for protection against lightning
Deck and Hull
Baltek Contourkore end grained balsa composite construction using biaxal and
unidirectional glass with vinylester resin on the outer hull layer for 10 year warranty against hull blisterin.
Large cockpit storage locker on starboard
Propane bottle storage port cockpit locker
Moulded stern platform with removable swimming ladder
Moulded spray shield with dodger storage and companionway instrument pod
GRP moulded structural bulkhead bonded to hull and deck
All intermediate bulkheads glassed to hull and deck for stiffness
Heavy-duty fibreglass floor stringer grid infused into hull, including mast and chain plate structure
Balanced spade rudder construction using biaxal and unidirectional glass and large diameter anodised aluminium stock mounted in JP3 self-aligning bearingsters
“SCRIMP” resin infusion system moulding process for optimum laminate strength
3,883 lbs (1.760 kg), 7’ (2,10 m) draft, variable chord, high lift, lead keel bolted and bonded, bolted and laminate to deep moulded stub with sump
Off-white deck with a high traction non-skid White hull. Single tapered gel coat integrated double boot stripe
Foredeck and helmsman moulded toe rails
Large bow locker with laminated watertight forward collision bulkhead
Removable Aft Cockpit Stern "box"
Spars and Rigging
- Double spreader Sparcraft One-Design anodized aluminum mast & boom package with white powder coat finish.
- Harken QuikVang with purchase system lead aft to port cabin top jammer.
- Retractable Carbon Fiber J/Sprit extrndable to 5.5' beyond bow w/integral end caps and adjuster system.
-Continuous rod rigging package with Harken pre-assembled headstay for standard Harken headsail furling.
- Running rigging package to include Technora main and genoa halyards, Spectra spin halyard and sheets, XLS polyester main & jib sheets, and control lines.
- Harken split-drum Unit 1.0 standard headsail furling system.
- Sailtec -8 integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- (2) Harken 46.2 STA (self-tailing) primary winches
- (2) Harken 40.2 STA (self-tailing) halyard winches on cabin top
- (2) 10" Harken Speed-Grip aluminum lock-in winch handles w/(2) PVC handle holders in cockpit.
- 6:1 Harken mainsheet system with integral 4:1 fine tune.
- Harken 4:1 traveler system.
- Harken adjustable jib/genoa lead system with purhcase
- Harken Black Magic 57mm 1967 foot blocks on cockpit coaming side for genoa sheets
- (4) folding Wichard pad eyes for outboard genoa & jib leads mounted outboard of standard tracks. (2 ea side)
- 150 cams for lazy spin. sheets when not in use
- (3) Harken 1958 for tack line on bowsprit and spinnaker sheet blocks on U-bolts fwd. of stern pulpit legs to P&S.
- (8) Harken 6050 teardrop halyard/reef turning blocks mounted to aluminum mast collar. Halyards lead aft through (2) Harken quad 6066 organizers to Spinlock XTS double stoppers.
- Roller furling control line w/Harken 2636 foredeck block, SS lined bulleye fairleads and Harken 150 cam cleat w/425 cam fairlead.
- 2:1 J/Sprit control line leading to (2) Harken 0350 Sprit blocks, 340 block on forward bulkhead, & aft through bulkheads and starboard handrail to cockpit 150 cam.
- (2) bow chocks, (2) 8" bow cleats, (2) 8" stern cleats
- Custom SS stemplate strap w/U-bolt tack fitting, chainplates, & backstay tang.
- (2) Skylight hatches of sizes 15" X 20" and 22" X 22"
- Five aluminum framed cabin opening ports (ttwo of 12" & three of 24" lengths), one fixed 24" port above nav station, on cabin sides. Three 12" cockpit opening ports.
- Thurston cockpit dodger (Dk Blue) with side curtains mounted against splash molding.
- Tinted acrylic companionway drop board with nylon storage rails in cockpit locker.
- ORC size double 5/32" lifelines & tapered stainless stanchions w/bases, large gates to port and starboard, custom bow & stern rails, and stern gate.
- Telescoping stern swim/boarding ladder
- (4) 12" X 24" poly mesh line bags
- Flag staff and American Flag
More Factory Options
Includes: Hot water tank and plumbing, cockpit shower,
12V Seafrost DC Refrigeration System
120VAC/30A shore power service with Pro Mariner battery charger, 50ft cord, AC panel and GFI protected outlets.
Removable bow anchor roller
Aft cockpit removable storage box
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from JK3 Nautical Enterprises, Inc.
San Diego, CA, United States
Marina Del Rey, CA, United States
San Diego, CA, United States
Newport Beach, CA, United States
J/124 J124 J-124 J 124
Newport Beach, CA, United States
J/120 J 120 J-120
Dana Point, CA, United States