- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Deltaville, VA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 585,000 Tax Paid
Our offering "Eva Marie" presents a unique opportunity to own one of the few Gozzard 44 Mk 2's with the forward owner stateroom (Plan B) layout , and currently the only "recent" Gozzard 44 Mk2 (2007) on the market. The current owners commissioned hull #23 to their own specifications for coastal and island cruising. They made several trips to the Bahamas and Caribbean in "Eva Marie" but have reluctantly decided to put their yacht on the market as they pursue other activities. The "Eva Marie" is in outstanding, "near new condition" due to meticulous maintenance. The yacht has numerous upgrades from the comprehensive standard specification and which are noted in the listing. Highlights include:
- Hard Top Bimini + Full Enclosure
- Mainsheet Arch
- Air Conditioning / Heat
- Force 10 Cabin Heater
- Side Power Bow Thruster
- Onan Generator
- New 1200 Amp house battery bank with Deka 2v battery cells in series (August 2016)
- Icom 802 SSB Radio
- Freshwater Flush Toilets
- Ultra Suede Fabric
- KHV Tracvision TV
- Asymmetric Spinnaker
- Forespar Whisker Pole
- Electric Halyard Winch
- Winslow LIferaft
- New 10'6" Aluminum Dinghy and 15 HP Yamaha Outboard
- Galley Mate Grill
To quote from Ted Gozzard's design brief for his yachts:
" The Gozzard is intended to appeal to middle aged couples who have cleared the nest and want to enjoy the rewards of their lifestyle and hard work, while they still have the health to do so. They are not interested in being uncomfortable and would like to bring with them some degree of home and dignity. They like to read about Joshua Slocum, Hiscock and Pardey, but have no wish to be them. They are most definitely not Gypsies. They demand to live in the lifestyle they are accustomed to. They are not interested in the cheapest base boats you can find and then bring them up to speed with thousands of dollars of options. They stand apart from the crowd and they are looking for a boat that fits that image." The Gozzard 44 "is a solidly constructed cutter rigged auxiliary cruising sailboat built to classic lines. It is designed to be a capable cruiser, coastal or otherwise, for a couple with occasional guests, heavily weighted towards comfort and livability. Further the hull form must provide as much interior volume as possible but not at the expense of being out of proportion as the look of the yacht must instill pride of ownership. The forefoot must be deep enough to accept a bow-thruster and not pound, and the stern sections must be able to support a dinghy on davits. The construction must provide absolute peace of mind to the owners. The boat must be stiff and dry. Grounding must occur on lead, not fiberglass. The rig will have a wide external chain plate base so the side deck access and rig support is not compromised. Loss of pointing ability is a calculated and acceptable trade-off. It must have the ability to motor like a displacement power boat. The interiors are to be constructed with the intended use in mind and are optimized and maximized to those parameters. Lastly it must be built to a level of quality that will ensure the highest resale value for when the adventure is over."
Gozzard then set about building a series of fine yachts using these parameters, and based on sales, industry feedback, press reviews and most important of all, miles sailed, he succeeded fantastically. Each model was an evolution of the previous one and the 44 Mk 2 reached something of a peak in comfort and performance.
"Eva Marie" is fully kitted out and ready for voyaging and available at a significant discount on replacement cost. Appointments to view are essential.
Registered co-operating brokers are offered a courtesy showing. Annapolis Yacht Sales is a 50/50 brokerage.
Hi, I am Jonathan Hutchings, the listing broker for this yacht. Please call my mobile (804) 436 4484 for most prompt attention. I am a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) and take pride in listing quality yachts. I inspect all the boats I list, where possible take all the photos and represent the boats as accurately as possible. I am an experienced cruiser and racer who has crossed the Atlantic several times and who understands boat buyer's needs. Feel free to call me at any time to discuss this listing. I look forward to hearing from you.
Contact the listing broker:
Jonathan Hutchings (CPYB)
Annapolis Yacht Sales South, in Deltaville, VA
(804) 776 7575 (office)
(804) 436 4484 (cell)
Please contact Jonathan Hutchings at 804 436 4484
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Gozzard Yachts
Designer: H.Ted Gozzard
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
LWL: 37 ft 3 in
Length on Deck: 44 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 29925 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 10800 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 64 ft 6 in
Total Power: 82 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 2007
Engine Model: B4
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1568
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 82 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 Fiberglass (237 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Fiberglass (98 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 Fiberglass (52 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
- Eva Marie's interior is is finished in warm American Cherry wood. Bulkheads are fiberglass cored with Cherry veneer. All trim, fiddles, face frames and doors are solid Cherry. Cabin soles are teak and basswood glued to the fiberglass hull structure for stiffness and supplied with lockable access panels.
- Eva Marie is specified with the Plan B interior layout that features a private owner cabin forward with en suite head and separate shower. The mirror in the head features a custom etched design. The main cabin bed is accessible from the sides for ease of access and making up the bed. The custom mattress is memory foam. Storage lockers are cedar lined and have lights that illuminate the interiors on opening. A washer dryer is built into the cabinetry to the right of the owner cabin door. Lockers and shelves line the cabin sides.
- Moving aft from the main cabin a two seat dinette / navigation table is situated to starboard. Main board electrical panels and electronic equipment line the locker sides. The two fixed seats at this station have storage below. Opposite is the main settee area which is L shaped and to port. A full size dining table that seats up to six for dinner anchors this area. The large table top can be removed and stored neatly behind the settee back allowing the base to be converted to a low coffee table. Settee fabric is cream Ultrasuede. The forward bulkhead features liquor storage cabinets as well as the Force 10 Cabin heater with tile surround. Eva Marie features four stained glass inserts to the locker doors above the settee area. Battery bank storage is under the aft main settee allowing easy access to the batteries. Outboard to port is a significant amount of storage. A Weems and Plath instrument display consisting of electronic barometer, chelsea barometer, chelsea clock and chelsea tide clock is mounted aft and to port of the main seating area.
- The galley is L shaped and located to starboard stretching aft of the main companionway. The countertops are in cultured marble with a recessed sink and back splashed. Substantial storage with drawers and cupboards abound. The fridge / freezer is aft.
- Top port of the companionway is access to the guest/day head. The mirror in the head features and etched design with ... themes. Aft of the companionway is the guest/ crew cabin which has the option of two separate bunks or one large double. Hanging locker is outboard to port and storage lockers and shelves line the hull sides. The rear cabin also provides significant access ports to the stern equipment areas including the steering and autopilot installations as well as the lazarette locker rear of engine, transmission, drive shaft and drip-less shaft seal.
- Interior ventilation is excellent throughout with air conditioning/heat plus 7 Hella fans, four opening overhead stainless steel deck hatches, 17 stainless steel side opening ports, four dorade boxes, three solar day/night ventilators and two shower vents.
- Cultured Marble Countertops with recessed single sink
- Force 10 Stainless Steel 3 Burner Propane Stove with Oven
- A section of hinged marble folds up/down over the stove-top to create extra counter space
- LG Microwave Oven (800 watt 110v) built into galley cabinetry
- Refrigerator is 6.5 cubic feet cooled by Nova Kool 12 volt system
- Freezer is 4.2 cubic feet cooled by Technautics Holding Plate
- Freezer / Fridge boxes insulated with 8"/6" closed cell foam
- Custom pull-out storage cabinet left of the sinks
- Storage in drawers below counter level & cabinets with sliding louvred doors above counter level. Dovetailed joints on all joinery
- Propane storage is for 2 x 20lb tanks in an isolated and drained container located in an aft cockpit locker
Hull and Deck Construction
- Hand laid and vacuum bagged construction with knitted double bias E-Glass cloth using marine grade Vinylester resins
- Sandwich cored hull with 3/4 inch SP Systems Corecell foam
- Solid glass laminate in key areas of sheer line, centerline, keel, rudderpost and thru hulls
- Rudder shaft is 1.5" 316 SS with stainless web built into cored rudder and attached to a fiberglass skeg designed to protect the rudder
- Full length rub rails with SS cap strip installed 18" below caprail
- Gelcoat is NPG/ISO Cook "Buffback"
- Bottom finished with 2.5 mil of Interprotect Barrier Coat
- Deck is a molded fiberglass sandwich construction with varying thicknesses of SPS Corecell foam. Coring is eliminated in areas where deck equipment is installed and replaced with solid laminate reinforced in high stress areas.
- "Eva Marie" has an optional two tone deck nonskid.
- Hull deck joint is bedded in 3M 5200 and bolted on 6" centers with 5/16" stainless steel machine screws with ny-lock nuts.
- Cockpit sole is finished in teak decking with minimal fasteners
- All below waterline thru hull fixtures are Forespar ball-type sea cocks in GRP reinforced Marelon which are impervious to corrosion and electrolysis.
Deck & Cockpit Equipment
- Twin Hard Top Bimini / Dodger (non standard)
- Hard Plumbed Australina Galley Mate Grill (Propane)
- Stern Anchor with roller
- Custom fitted Bottom Sider cockpit cushions
- Dinghy Davits - Factory installed, designed to hold up to 400 pounds
- Fold down walk thru transom with SS swim boarding ladder to make man-overboard recover and dinghy boarding very easy
- Massive spring loaded storm drain built into stern to allow rapid draining of cockpit in the event of swamping - much more effective than scupper drains
- MOM8 - A - Man overboard recovery system (requires servicing)
- Winslow 6 man Liferaft (requires servicing)
- Outboard motor crane - Forespar Nova Lift
- Outboard motor bracket
- Deck tie downs for deck storage of dinghy when on passage
- Life raft storage bracket
- Lifelines at 31" above deck level
- Chainplates bolted through the hull with SS backing plates and dedicated
- Lightning ground point attachment
- All exterior wood is genuine Asian teak
- Signature Gozzard bronze dolphins installed over the cap rail break
- Primary anchor - Manson Supreme Spade Anchor 60lb on 300' for 5/16 HT chain marked in 50' increments
- Secondary anchor is a Fortress with 250' of 3/4" rote and 20' 5/16 HY chain
- Twin Bow Rollers on custom bronze roller assembly with self launching capability for primary anchor allowing deployment from the cockpit
- Maxwell VWC 2200 vertical electric windlass with foot controls and remote switch at helm station
- Freshwater and seawater anchor washdown systems
- Twin compressor air conditioning/heat system (12 000 BTU and 16 000 BTU).
- Bilge pumps are Whale Gusher 10 manual pump accessible at helm and a Rule 1100 GPG electric bilge pump with float switch
- Independent shower and icebox sump pumps can double as emergency bilge pumps
- Engine is equipped with custom flush out valve that can also be used as an emergency bilge pump
- Washer / Dryer operating off 120V AC system
- Freshwater system has three separate tanks each with its own fill, vent and draw tube. Tanks are fiberglass lined with FDA approved epoxy resin to ensure no taste transfer. Tanks are 116 gallons (bow), 55 gallons (starboard) and 66 gallons (port). Raritan tank monitor located at nav station. Hot water is supplied from an 11 gallon Force 10 SS heater using either 110v or the built in heat exchanger using the engine cooling system. Eva Marine has a Seagull water filtration system installed in the galley as an option.
- Eva Marie has been pre-fitted for a watermaker. A Little Wonder watermaker by Village Marine is available but not currently installed in the yacht.
Mechanical - Main Engine
- Westerbeke 82B4 - 4 cylinder marine diesel rated at 82 HP at 3600 RPM
- Engine hours currently 1568
- Full service records for engine
- Instrument panel includes tachometer, hour meter, oil pressure, voltmeter, water temperature with alarms for low oil an high water temperatures
- 12 Volt 190 Amp Series 27 Alternator with twin drive belts
- Multi stage voltage regulator + standby extra voltage regulator
- Forespar engine flush valve allows easy winterizing and operation as emergency bilge pump
- Engine room blower
- Perko clear glass bowl intake strainers
- Engine exhaust discharges on side to keep transom clean
- Hurth marine transmission with 2.7.1 reduction ratio
- Vetus Bull Flex coupling
- PSS no drip shaft seal
- 20' x 12" RH 3-bladed bronze Michigan Wheel Propeller
- Onan 5kW Generator in sound box mounted in dedicated cockpit pod
- Wiring is marine grade tinned copper throughout and installed according to CE and ABYC specifications
- 12 volt DC system operating from two battery banks - house and engine
- New (Sept 2016) 1200 Amp house battery bank with Deka 2v battery cells in series
- New (Sept 2016) Optima Red Top batteries for bowthruster and engine start
- Victron Energy Phoenix 120 Amp Inverter and Battery Charger
- Separate Echo Charger for engine battery with low charge to avoid overcharging
- Victron Energy Battery Monitor for 12 volt monitoring
- AC system is 120 volt single phase 60 cycle.
- Galvanic isolator protects from stray current corrosion
- 2 x 30 Amp (50') shore power cords
- Stern and Bow shore power connection points with transfer switch
- Distribution panels for 12 VDC and 120 VAC located at navigation station plus optional DC sub panel in galley for additional equipment and panel overload capacity
- Bonding - vessel is fully bonded and connected to external zinc anode
- Lightning protection - all pulpits, lifelines and antenna arch grounded to large Dyna Plate and externally mounted lead keel
- Single Sideband Ground Plane with 100 sq ft of horizontal surface including keel
- Raymarine ST 60 Tridata - Speed, Depth and Temperature
- Raymarine ST 60 Wind
- Raymarine E80 Chartplotter Display mounted on pod at helm
- Raymarine 2kW Radar with custom stainless mast mount
- Raymarine E80 Chartplotter Repeater Display at Nav Station
- R125 WAAS GPS mounted on the davits
- Raymarine Autohelm 7000+ Autopilot with Type 2 Octopus Hydraulic Linear Drive and Type 400 G Series Pilot Computer
- Raymarine 45 VHF
- ICOM M 802 Single Sideband Shortwave Radio
- ICOM BP 166 Handheld VHF with mount
- Raymarine AIS (Receive only)
- Pioneer AM/FM Stereo with CD player, amplifier and sub-woofer
- Sirius Satellie Weather Receiver
- LG TV screen on pivoting mount
- KHV - M Tracvision with Direct TV
Sails & Rigging
The Gozzard 44 Mk 2 is designed with an optimized traditional cutter rig, The rig is 4' taller than the Mk1 and designed to take advantage of the improvements in the Mk 2 hull, particularly improving light air performance, The main spar is a Selden furling mainsail mast with built in storm tri-sail track. The furling staysail uses a curved traveller track forward of the mast for consistent sheet pressure and easy tacking. The mainsail boom is stabilized with a Forespar rigid boom vang with 8:1 cascade purchase system. "Eva Marie" is fitted with the optional mainsheet arch which has a number of advantages: mainsheet is above canvas work allowing a full cockpit enclosure to be installed and used while sailing; mainsheet purchase is much shorter and removes mainsheet from cockpit seating area; mainsheet can be centered and stabilized at anchor or dock.
- 316 Stainless Steel 1x19 wire rigging swaged at upper terminals and with Stalock terminals at deck level. Open bronze body Stalock turnbuckles.
- Running rigging all Redpoint
- Furling Quantum Sails Dacron mainsail with light blue UV protection (original sail in excellent conditon)
- Furling Quantum Sails Dacron Cross Cut Topsail with light blue UV protection on Selden Furler (original sail in excellent condition)
- Furling Quantum Sails Dacron Cross Cut Staysail with light blue UV protection on Selden Furler (original sail in excellent condition)
- Quantum Sails Asymmetrical Spinnaker with snuffer (original sail in excellent condition)
- Lewmar 44 Chrome Self-Tailing mainsheet winch controlling a 3:1 purchase mainsheet on Schaefer block system located at the end of the boom where moment arm is the greatest and safest.
- Lewmar 58 Chrome Self-Tailing primary winches. Topsail sheets to an inboard T track with adjustable Sachaefer fairlead cars.
- West Marine Dinghy 10'2" Aluminum Double Floor (2015)
- 15Hp Yamaha Outboard
- Safety Gear
- SPARES - for EVERYTHING
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Annapolis Yacht Sales
Deltaville, VA, United States
45 Deck Salon
Unknown, VA, United States
Deltaville, VA, United States
Deltaville, VA, United States
Custom Ketch Dashew Style
Deltaville, VA, United States
Woodbridge, VA, United States