- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Medemblik, Netherlands
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 515,000 Tax Paid (US$ 545,128)
"Maria Loa" is the only Contest 50CS on the market with a new interior design, by Birgit Schnaase. She is in spotless condition and comes with an endless list of additional features, i.e.: Hydraulic furling, recent sails, watermaker, aircon, fixed windscreen, generator, davits, etc. The forward cabin can easily be changed to the standard, 3 cabin, layout. Ask us for more information. A must see if a Contest 50CS is on your shortlist! Please contact us for the full details and/or to arrange a visit.
Please contact Contest Brokerage at +31 (0)227 543636
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Beam: 4.58 m
Maximum Draft: 2.15 m
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 110 HP
- Shape Roundbilged Hull in dark blue built with the Contest vacuum infusion system
- Deck design Teak on vacuum infused GRP
- Superstructure GRP
- Keel/Leeboard Fin keel with lead bulb
- Rudder Balanced spade rudder
- Steering system Jefa wheel steering with rack & pinion system
- Windows Lewmar hatches (with Ocean Air sky shades and screens), Lewmar port holes (2x extra port hole in the front cabin, 1x extra opening port hole in front bathroom, 1x extra opening port hole in aft bathroom) and Gebo thermopile windows (with Sky-shades) in the superstructure, the center window
(on front side) can be opened (for ventilation)
- Load displacement (kg) Approx. 17.5 tonnes
- Ballast (kg) Approx. 6.1 tonnes
- Vertical clearance (m) Approx. 24. (incl. antenna's)
- Boatyard Contest Yachts, Medemblik, The Netherlands
- Designer Georg Nissen
- Build Nr. 50031
- CE code CE-A, unlimited ocean going voyages
- Other Teak rubbing strake (covered with a stainless steel protection strip). Stainless steel protection strip on the outside the outside of the teak covering board.
Stainless steel protection strip (12x6mm) on the bow.
Stainless steel cleats.
Teak on cockpit seats and teak on cockpit floor.
Solid teak cockpit table on a stainless steel frame with a folding extension.
Cup holder at the pedestal.
Every winter (except winter 2015/2016) the yacht was stored ashore.
New layer of International 77 antifouling from June 2015.
The anode has been renewed in February 2016.
- Material, colours Modern handcrafted teak joinery with chrome fittings and teak floor
- Upholstery, curtains Blue cloth upholstery
- Saloons Spacious saloon with ample daylight
- Cabins Large guest cabin forward, office on starboard, large owners cabin aft with double centreline berth
- Beds 4 in cabins and 1 in saloon
- Headroom 1.95-2.10m.
- Toilet Electric Jabsco toilet in forward head, electric Sanautico toilet in aft head (flushes with tank water)
- Shower/bath Large seperate showercabin in aft head, shower in forward head including custom made teak seat
- Sound system/TV Radio CD player with speakers in saloon and cockpit, 2nd radio/cd player in aftcabin with speakers
- TV Sharp 20"LCD Television
- Cooking device Force 10 3-burner stove with oven (including cooker hood with a 230V extractor fan in galley)
- Microwave oven AEG microwave
- Fridge 230L Stainless steel Vitrifrigo fridge with water-cooled compressor
- Freezer Vitrifrigo in stainless steel above the fridge
- Heating Webasto Thermo 90ST climate control system throughout
- Air conditioning Webasto climate control system: 6.000 BTU and 9.000 BTU in all cabins
- Other The interior design in the front is Custom Made, which creates a larger front cabin.
An extra teak seat has been created in the bathroom, which can be used as a seat during a shower.
A Custom Made office has been created in the cabin opposite of the bathroom (instead of a bunk) with a seat and extra 230 Volt sockets.
Both cabins have luxery mattresses (with covers) and under the matrasses in the aft cabin are slats.
Both bathrooms have Corian tops.
All sinks and showers are connected to small grey water tanks, all equipped with automatic pumps.
Engine, electrics, water
- Power 110 HP
- Make Yanmar
- Year built 2007
- Engine hours Approx. 940 hours
- Fuel Diesel
- Fuel tank Approx. 700L in stainless steel tank
- Cooling system Indirect cooling system
- Propulsion Stainless steel propeller shaft with 3-bladed Maxprop feathering propeller
- Cruising speed (knots) Approx. 7.5 knots (under engine)
- Max speed (knots) Appox. 8.5 knots (under engine)
- Fuel consumption Approx 6L/h
- Measuring instruments Rpm, temperature, charging current
- Bow thruster Sleipner 24V 10HP bowthruster (2-speed)
- Voltage 24V/230V
- Operating panel Mastervolt switch panel at charttable
- Battery 4x 2 sets of 12V 80 Ah service battery (24V-2012), 1x engine battery and 1x generator battery
- Battery charger Mastervolt combi 24V/4000W/120A
- Generator Mastervolt Whisper 6.5 kW 50Hz
- Alternator 1x 12V and 1x 24V / 75A
- Inverter Mastervolt Mass Combi 24V/4000W/120A and a Mastervolt 24-12V (for stereo in saloon)
- Water pressure system Electric water pressure system with a Seagull-filter
- Warm water Approx. 40 ltr Webasto-boiler, provided with a double spiral
- Water tank Approx. 800L in 2 PE-tanks
- Holding tank 1x approx. 45L PE-tank (aft bathroom) and an approx. 45 ltd PE-tank has been mounted in 2009 in front bathroom
- Water maker Schenker water maker (2009, might need commisioning)
- Shore power Fixed shore power connection with an earth switch and a shore power cable
- Voltmeter Yes, 1x
- Tachometer Yes
- Water tank gauge Yes
- Fuelmeter Yes
- Oil pressure gauge Yes
- Temperature meter Yes
- Other Indesit WIDL 146 washingmachine/dryer combi (230 Volt) mounted under bed in front cabin.
2x Separ Diesel Filter (engine and generator).
Heavy Energy Pack 230 Volt / 50 Hz, designed and built by Mastervolt.
Mastervolt Mass Gl 3.5 isolation transformer.
Spacious and easily accessible utility room (next to bathroom in the stern), where all 12/24/230 Volt cabinets, fuses, inverters and the battery charger are mounted.
Every autumn service has been done on the engine and generator.
Rig and sails
- Type Fractionally rigged 9/10
- Spars, stays Seldèn aluminium mast, boom and rodkicker, all in white (spraypainted)
- Winches 2 x electric 48ST for mainsheet, 2 x 65ST electric for genoa, 2 x 54ST halyard, all Lewmar winches
- Main sail North Sails 3DL with vertical battens
- Main sail reefing system Hydraulic in mast reefing system
- Genoa North Sails 3DL with white UV-ply
- Genoa reefing system Furlex hydraulic genoa reefing system
- Other Harken deck gear.
The Harken genoa tracks can be operated from the cockpit.
The white sprayed Carbon Selden spinnaker pole hangs on a rail on the front side of the mast.
Removable Cutterstay with a hallyard.
Spectra mainsail- and genoa halyards.
Navigation and electronics
- Navigation lights Strober- (LED), 3-color masthead- (LED), anchor- (LED), steam- (LED), deck- (LED), 2x spreader- (LED), cockpit- (in the boom), bow- (LED) and stern- (LED) light
- Compass Suunto Compass on steering pedestal
- Rudder indicator On autopilot
- Log/speed Raymarine ST60+
- Depth Raymarine ST60+
- Wind 2x Raymarine ST60+: (wind speed/angle and magnified wind)
- Autopilot Raymarine ST7001 with Raymarine S100 wireless remote control
- Radar 1x Raymarine E80 Radar/chart plotter on the pedestal and 1xRaymarine G170 Radar/chart plotter G170 with a Raymarine keyboard at the chart table. The radar antenna (dome) has been mounted on the front side of the mast an provided with a stainless steel protection bracket
- GPS Integrated in chartplotter
- VHF Raymarine, second station and horn in cockpit
- Weatherfax/Navtex ICS Nav6a Navtex
- Chart plotter See radar.
- Other Raymarine ST60+ 24 Volt Basepack.
Raymarine ST60+ Multiview at the chart table and in the cockpit.
Seatalk NMEA interface with serial output.
R&R Biscaya antenna (VHF-AM/FM-SSB-Weatherfax-Digi TV connection).
Sailor Trane&Trane Fleet 33 satellite phone (to be checked).
The radar antenna (dome) and the Sailor Trane & trade antenna are provided with stainless steel protection brackets.
- Anchor Delta anchor with approx. 70 meter chain
- Windlass Electric Lewmar windlass (up & down) with protection cover with a control on front dekc, on pedestal and via wireless remote control
- Fenders, lines Yes
- Exterior cushions Custom set of creme/sand striped cockpit cushions
- Sprayhood Fixed window with a dark blue sprayhood (2015, with a stainless steel and with leather covered grip on the backside) and a dark blue cockpit cover (2015, with a small window in the roof for the cockpit light in the boom) with stainless steel pipes. Covers for both and a winter cover for over the cockpit
- Swimming ladder Stainless steel with teak steps
- Swimming platform With teak
- Sea rails, pushpit, pullpit Stainless steel (2 wires) with opening gates on both sides, foldable teak seats at pushpit
- Davits, crane Simpson 100 stainless steel davits (2009)
- Other Stainless steel with teak outboard bracket (40 Kg) on the pushpit.
Shower on the stern (with hot and cold water).
Stainless steel bow ladder
- CE certification CE-A
- Radar reflector Cyclops 2
- Life raft Ocean Sefety Ultra Lite RORC 6-persons liferaft (2011) in a carbon container (next survey May 2018) in a stainless steel bracket on pushpit
- Bilge pump Manual and electric bilgepump
- Fire extinguisher Fire Pro-system in engine room
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Contest Brokerage BV