- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rio Dulce, Guatemala
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 275,000 (US$ 323,620)
WINDSPIEL II is the only Allures available on the North American brokerage market. She’s a shoal draft world cruiser from the Allures yard in Cherbourg, France and designed by Berret-Racoupeau. The three Peyron brothers chose an Allures 44 for their expeditions in the far north. Michel Desjoyeaux advised team Allures Yachting in the design of these boats. Allures Yachting was founded in 2003 by Xavier Desmaret and Stephan Constance, two engineers seeking to build a perfect world cruiser, and is now celebrating thirteen years of building practical blue water cruising sailboats. Their concept: centerboards and balanced twin rudders for shoal draft; aluminum hulls for durability and ease of maintenance; and fiberglass cabins and cockpits for comfort. These boats have been a hit with knowledgeable cruisers in Europe and are finally being discovered in North America as ideal cruisers for the “skinny” waters of the Bahamas, Western Caribbean, and US East Coast. And, make no mistake: sailing performance is remarkable for a shoal draft vessel.
WINDSPIEL II was commissioned in 2008 and is being sold by her original meticulous, German owner who outfitted her for extended blue water cruising. She is a two stateroom, two head layout with port quarter technical room. Her equipment list includes: bow thruster, Burnton Autoprop, AB RIB and Yamaha outboard, watermaker, genset, air conditioning, 2017 Raymarine electronics package, offshore sails, powered halyard winch, SSB, liferaft, offshore safety gear and an extensive inventory of spare parts.
The estimated bridge clearance is 64’- ICW capable. Combine this with three foot draft with the board up and you’ve opened a huge amount of shoal water cruising grounds. Her two stateroom/two head layout will nicely accommodate a family yet she is easily managed by a couple. Well situated for cruising this winter in the Western Caribbean or Bahamas, WINDSPIEL II is an exceptional offering.
WINDSPIEL II is now sitting on the hard in Rio Dulce, Guatemala until the end of hurricane season. She has fresh bottom paint and is ready to launching, provisioning and immediate world cruising.
Please contact Swiftsure Yachts at (206)378-1110
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 45 ft 4 in
Beam: 14 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Displacement: 28650 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 64 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 23000 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2008
Engine Model: D2-75
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1300
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (132 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (132 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Plastic
From the cockpit access to interior is gained by stepping over a thirteen-inch high bridgedeck and down five companionway steps. Handholds are placed on both sides of the companionway. The interior is bright and open: well-conceived for day to day living aboard and extended passagemaking. Staterooms allow privacy in concert with the open galley, dining, and navigation area centralized in one large “great room.” Interior joinery is of varnished American cherry. The cabin sole is a durable faux teak and holy composite. The removable overhead panels are marine plywood covered with padded white vinyl. Sufficient task and area lighting is LED for efficiency. Large fixed salon ports and well placed overhead hatches and ports provide ample natural light and ventilation. Fixed ports are fitted with pleated Ocean-Air blinds. Headroom measures 6’ 6” throughout the accommodation space. Cabin sole hatches are well located to access through hulls and bilge storage areas.
WINDSPIEL II is a two stateroom, two head version of the Allures 44. Starting forward the master stateroom is located aft of a watertight collision bulkhead. An ensuite head and shower are to starboard. Aft of the main bulkhead to port in main living area is the galley which runs fore and aft along the port hull side. A dinette with telecoping table is surrounded by an “L” shaped settee outboard and centerline settee inboard. This table can be lowered and fitted with cushions for sleeping. Aft of the galley/dinette area, the cabin sole is raised one step. To starboard is a navigation area with a peninsular chart table flanked by bench seats forward and aft. This area is also raised another step providing excellent exterior sight lines. To port of the companionway is the aft head/shower. Aft of the head is technical/storage with full and easy access to auxiliary machinery. The main engine is accessed beneath the companionway ladder. To starboard of the companionway is starboard quarter cabin with large double berth.
The salon/great room is comfortable, functional, and airy. The dining table measures 50” by 29” and is constructed of cherry plywood with solid cherry fiddle trim and mounted on an electric telescoping pedestal. The table can be lowered and cushions fitted for sleeping. The settee to port measures 6’ 9” long by 21” wide and would suffice as a sea berth. Bin storage is beneath and outboard of the settee. An open storage bin is outboard of the settee beneath a fixed hull side port. Storage cabinets topped with a fiddled shelf flank this hull side port. The stereo system and a/c controls are surface mounted beneath the aft cabinet. Water tanks, fuel tanks, and batteries are all located below the cabin sole leaving settee space available for storage. The cushions are orange Alcantara ultraseude. The centerline seat measures 5’ 3” long and houses the centerboard trunk and bin storage. Six recessed overhead lights, and two reading lights mounted below the side deck illuminate this area at night. Aft of the centerline settee a spirits locker with curved doors is located on centerline and topped with tall fiddles. Space for seven wine bottles and additional shelve space is inside this central cabinet.
The European-style galley is to port, on the lower level, along the hull side. Forward, and aft of the main bulkhead, is a double stainless steel sink measuring 13” x 13” x 8” and 13” x 9” x 8”. A single lever Scandvik faucet provides hot/cold fresh water to this sink. A foot pump and dedicated faucet provides salt water to this sink. A trash can is located beneath the sink. Counterops are white Corian with grey flecks and surrounded by 1-1/2” high cherry fiddles. Above and outboard of the sink is a cabinet with shelves. Next aft is the gimbaled stove/oven. A stainless steel crash bar is wisely fitted. Outboard of the stove at counter level are five plastic storage bins fitted into dedicated storage receptacles. Open bin storage with 220V outlet and fiddled shelf are further above and below a fixed hull side port. A locker for storing pots and pans is below the oven. Aft of the oven, below the counter is a large storage locker with three pull out plastic drawers and some narrow shelves. Above the counter and outboard is a dish cabinet with moveable pegs for securing plates, bowls, and cups. Two recessed LED task lights and one cabin fan are mounted below the deck edge above the galley. The drawer-style fridge and freezer are located aft of a partial bulkhead on the raised salon area. A microwave oven is located in a cabinet above the fridge.
The forward stateroom is accessed through a privacy door in the main bulkhead. A large centerline berth measures 6’ 6” long by 3’ 7” wide forward and 5’ 5” wide aft. High volume storage space is beneath this mattress. A storage cabinet is located in the foot of the berth. 4” wide book shelves with high fiddles run at mid-height along the hull sides to port and starboard. Light and ventilation is supplied by two fixed hull side ports, one large and one small overhead hatch. Two reading lights are mounted on the forward bulkhead and three overhead lights are flush mounted in the overhead. A 24” long dressing seat is to port, along the hull side with bin storage below it. A tall hanging locker is to port and aft in this stateroom.
The forward head is ensuite and accessed through a locking privacy door. Surfaces are of white laminate for easy cleaning. Solid cherry trim adds contrast at the cabintop/deck transition and countertop fiddle. Outboard and aft is a Jabsco manual flush toilet. A Scandvik single lever faucet with pull out hand nozzle for showering is mounted in the Corian counter forward adjacent the round stainless steel sink. A round mirror is mounted on the forward bulkhead. Storage lockers are outboard of the head and beneath the sink/vanity. A removable teak grate covers the sole. The shower drains to a sump box with electric overboard pump. A small overhead hatch and overhead light provide light and ventilation.
The navigation area is on a raised platform affording good exterior sight lines. This space is more of a “mini-dinette” than a traditional chart table. Two foot wide seats are forward and aft of the peninsular chart table. Top opening bin storage is beneath both of these seats. The chart table is supported by stainless steel legs with an athwartship foot rest. The table top lifts to access chart and nav gear storage. Two large drawers are located below the raised platform. An open and a covered bin are outboard of the chart table and nicely store chargers, handheld electronics, and other gear. The navigation electronics, communication electronics, and DC switch/breaker panel are further outboard beneath the deck edge. A flex-arm red/white LED chart light illuminates the chart table at night.
In excellent proximity to the companionway is the aft head which is fitted with a locking privacy door. Surfaces are of white laminate for ease of cleaning with solid cherry trim at the deck/cabin transition and vanity counter fiddle. A Raritan electric head is outboard and aft. A vanity with Corian countertop, round stainless steel sink, Scandvik single lever mixer faucet with pull out nozzle, and mirror are forward. Storage cabinets are outboard beneath the deck edge and forward beneath the vanity. A 13” long hanging bar is aft and outboard for hanging wet foul weather gear. A teak shower grate covers the shower pan. A dedicated sump box is fitted with an overboard drain pump for the shower. An overhead light, overhead hatch, and large fixed cabinside port provide light and ventilation.
The aft starboard stateroom is aft of the companionway and entered through a privacy door. The bunk measures 6’ 6” long by 3’ 10” wide. Lifting the mattress provides access to storage below this bunk. A 4” wide bookshelf runs at mid height along the hulls side. Forward and outboard is a tall hanging locker. A smaller storage cabinet is between this hanging locker and the berth. Both lockers are topped with fiddled open shelves. A 12V cabin fan, opening coach roof side port, fixed hull side port, reading light, overhead light, and opening cabin side port keep this space bright and airy.
The technical roomis aft to port and accessed through a door in the shower stall. A deck hatch opens below the port cockpit settee. The Fisher Panda generator is housed in a sound enclosure beneath the cockpit sole on centerline. The watermaker, battery chargers, and inverters are mounted outboard along the hull sides and aft bulkhead. AC breaker panels are forward on centerline.
- Eno two burner propane stove/oven
- Salt water foot pump
- 110 liter fridge/freezer with 12V Danfoss refrigeration water-cooled compressor
- Three opening ports in large fixed windows: salon, galley, and head
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION:
The full Raymarine electronics suite was replaced in 2017.
- eS97 Raymarine hybrid touch multifunction display at helm
- Raymarnine Quantum 24C Radome on mounted on mast at lower spreaders
- Raymarine 260 VHF at nav station with second control/microphone at helm and AIS transponder
- (4) Raymarine i70 multifunction displays over companionway
- Raymarine Ga150 GPS antenna
- Raymarine EV200 Sail autopilot with P70R controller and Jeffa drive
- Plastimo compass on steering pedestal
- Icom M802 SSB with Pactor II modem and insulated backstay antenna (installed 2010)
- Navtex receiver (2007)
MECHANICAL & PLUMBING SYSTEMS:
- Volvo D2-75 hp engine (aprox 1,300 hours)
- Volvo saildrive with Brunton auto feathering three blade propeller and rope cutter
- Max Power 100 duo propellor 12V tunnel bow thruster
- Dual Racor fuel filters with vacuum gage for propulsion engine
- (2) Diesel integral aluminum fuel tanks totaling 550 liters with 12V pump for transferring fuel between tanks
- 19,000 BTU air conditioning 220V/50 hz – (2) units
- Ultra Compact Hp Uc 70 220V 60 liter per hour watermaker
- 550 Litre fresh water in two tanks with transfer pump
- Hot/cold pressure fresh water system
- 20 liter hot water heater (engine and 220V electric)
- Hot/cold freshwater shower on swim platform
- Anchor salt water wash down pump
- Leather covered stainless steel steering wheel with rod and gear Jeffa steering system to dual rudders
- Jabsco manual and Raritan electric heads with holding tanks and deck pumpouts
- Aluminum propane tank with electric shut off solenoid valve and regulator in propane locker
DECK & HULL
WINDSPIEL II has an aluminum hull high strength. The hull sides and transom were painted white in 2015. She has a hinged aluminum centerboard housed in a trunk and controlled by lines. Twin, balanced rudders provide directional control. A long skeg keel tapers from the centerboard trunk to just before the saildrive to protect the saildrive and allow for beaching. Side decks are painted aluminum. The cabin and cockpit are of white gel-coated fiberglass and bonded and mechanically fastened to the aluminum hull and side decks. The bottom is painted black. Narrow white and black boot stripes are above the bottom paint. A narrow red cove stripe decorates the hull, running between the fixed hull side ports. A round aluminum rub rail half pipe is welded to the hull sides about eight inches below the deck. Six fixed hull side ports help illuminate and provide views from below. An aluminum toe rail is welded to the side deck and fitted with 1” diameter holes on 5” centers for securing lines, fenders and other gear. The side decks are painted white and the non-skid areas also painted with Awlgrip Griptex. The hull is insulated with 4cm of high density foam in the living spaces.
Aft of the stemhead is a top opening, self draining anchor locker. The Lofrans anchor windlass is mounted inside of this locker on a small shelf. Aft of the staysail stay is a large bow locker. Access is through the Lewmar deck hatch. An aluminum ladder is mounted on the aft, watertight bulkhead. The bow thruster tunnel is beneath a plywood sole. Hanging bars are welded port and starboard for securing running rigging. An outboard bracket securely stores the outboard engine in areas of theft of during offshore passage. Spinnakers, lines, fenders, and other gear are stored in this space.
The foredeck and side decks are clean and uncluttered. Mooring cleats and stanchions are well outboard. The cockpit is spacious and well protected by the dodger, bimini, and wide coamings. The cockpit seats and sole are overlayed with teak and rubber. The seats measure 7’ long by 20” wide and have well contoured 12” high backs. The helm seat provides good visibility to windward or leeward and foot chocks are fitted for comfortable standing when sailing to windward. A large cockpit lockers is to starboard under the settee. Large quarter lockers are to port and starboard below the athwartship helm seat. Propane tanks are stored in the port settee locker. A flip up step at the companionway bridgedeck provides space for halyard tails. A painted aluminum arch rakes aft at the stern and serves as a davit and mounting location for antennas and solar panel.
A large and functional “scoop” stern is accessed from the cockpit by a contoured stainless steel/teak step. This swim platform and transom are painted white and topped with non-skip on the sole. A folding stainless steel swim ladder stores in an integral locker in the swim step sole. The liferaft stores in a recessed “cave” in the transom. The scoop stern serves well for stern showering, cleaning fish, diving, and other activities.
- (6) 13” aluminum mooring cleats welded onto hull fitted with stainless steel hull protection bars
- 25” High double lifelines with port and starboard midships boarding gates
- Stainless steel bow pulpit
- Welded aluminum bow sprit/double anchor roller
- Wichard padeye on bow sprit for taking code sails and spinnaker
- Lewmar 18” x 20” deck hatch for bow locker
- (3) Lewmar 18” x 18” deck hatches
- (2) Lewmar 16” x 9” deck hatches
- (2) Plastimo low profile cowl vents
- Stainless steel handrail along coachroof sides
- Stern anchor roller and 13” mooring cleat on transom
- (2) Wichard folding “D” rings in cockpit for safety harness attachment
- Lofrans Tigress 12V anchor windlass with controls at bow and steering pedestal
- Lewmar Delta 25KG primary anchor (new 2014) with 80 meters of 12mm galvanized chain
- Danforth secondary anchor with chain and line rode
- Stern anchor roller on swim step
- AB 9.5 aluminum RIB
- Stern arch with davit for lifting/storing dinghy
- Yamaha 15hp two stroke OB engine
- Dinghy anchor
- (6) Mooring lines (new 2017)
- (6) Plastimo fenders (new 2017)
- White cockpit dodger with aft handrail
- White cockpit bimini
- Custom made teak drop leaf cockpit table with bottle storage
- Cover for steering pedestal
- Granny Bars at mast
- (4) Welded grab rails on transom
- Welded flag pole holder at stern
- Fishing rod holder on port stern rail
- Outboard engine storage bracket on starboard stern rail
- Pull out stainless and teak swim ladder in transom below swim platform
SAILS & RIGGING:
WINDSPIEL II is rigged for safe and manageable world cruising. She has the ability to spread ample canvas for light air downwind sailing with her furling Code 0, spinnaker and carbon fiber reaching pole or to reef deeply with a fixed staysail furler and triple reefed mainsail. Most lines are led aft to the cockpit where an electric winch handles the big loads. Spars are unpainted aluminum for ease of maintenance and long life.
- Sparcraft anodized aluminum deck stepped mast with double swept back spreaders
- Sparcraft anodized aluminum boom
- Sparcraft rigid boom vang with lifting gas strut and control line led to cockpit (new 2011)
- Facnor LX165 staysail furler with control line led to stopper adjacent the cockpit
- Facnor LX200 headsail furler with control line led aft to stopper adjacent the cockpit
- (13) Antal rope clutches for halyards, sheets, and other lines on cabintop
- Incidence full batten mainsail with mast slider system, lazy bag and lazy jacks
- Incidence jib on Facnor furler
- Staysail on Facnor furler with running backstays
- North 120 sqm spinnaker with control sock (new 2012)
- Incidence Code 0 on Facnor Furler (new 2017)
- Rigid boom vang
- Lewmar 44 ST 12V electric winch on starboard coachroof for main halyard and mainsheet
- Lewmar 44 ST winch on port coachroof
- (2) Lewmar 54 ST primary winches on cockpit coaming
- (2) Lewmar 44 ST secondary winches on cockpit coaming
- Walder boom brake
- Carbon Fiber spinnaker pole mounted on mast
- Viking Liferaft ISO group 1 Type A 8 person in fiberglass container (serviced in 2015) stored in dedicate transom locker
- EPIRB (new 2010)
- Switlik MOM 8 (new 2015)
- (6) Inflatable lifejackets (new 2010)
- (4) Harnesses and tethers (new 2010)
- Personal MOB AIS (new 2010)
- (3) Fire extinguishers
Worldwide electrical system for 110V/60 hz or 220V/50 hz shorepower with 110V/60 hz and 220V/50 hz and 12V DC plugs onboard.
- Volvo 140 amp 12V alternator
- (8) Lifeline 125ah 12V AGM batteries totaling 1000 12V amp hours (new 2017)
- Optima generator staring battery (new 2015)
- Optima engine starting battery (new 2015)
- Optima bow thruster/anchor windlass battery (new 2016)
- Bmv-50 Battery monitor
- Fisher-Panda AGT-5000-12PMS DC genset with sound enclosure (approx. 1200 hours)
- (2) Victron Pheonix 220V/50hz 3000W inverters totaling 6000 watts
- (1) Victron Pheonix 110V/60 hz 750 watt inverter
- (2) Victron Centaur 12V 100 amp battery chargers (new 2014)
- Victron DC Linkbox
- Victron Cyrix battery combiner
- (8) 220V outlet sockets and (8) 110V outlet sockets
- 12V outlet at steering pedestal
- Shorepower cable and adapters
- Victron battery isolator
- Panasonic stereo (new 2014)
- (2) Fusion 6 two way Ipx65 200 watt marine speakers in cockpit (new 2016)
- (2) Stereo speakers in salon
- Light in engine room
- Extensive tools
- Sunbrella-covered cockpit cushions
- Bosun’s chair
- Linens and pillows
- Cutler, flatware, and galleyware
- Stainless steel BBQ grill
- Petrol jerry can
- Diesel jerry can
- Deck brush, hose, and (2) buckets
- Official flag kit
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Swiftsure Yachts
Unknown, United States
Unknown, United States
Unknown, United States