- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 117,750 Tax Paid (US$ 153,063)
- Sale Pending
DESCRIPTION: X-37, build number #79, commissioned 2006. White hull & 1.98m L-shaped keel. Standard aluminium mast. Below decks she has two cabins, with one heads, Classic layout with U-galley and owner's berth forward.Owner's Comments
Satisfying all demands for a smart cruiser with beautiful workmanship and a turn of speed, having viewed a couple of X37’s, I knew the boat was top of the list for me, as well as satisfying the aspirations of my then sailing partner. My experience was relatively condensed over the previous five years, fulfilling long-held ambitions to sail, and I was being joined by a long-standing racer as sailing partner. So, while the main objective was fast, comfortable cruising, the intention was to have something that would equally be happy going round the cans occasionally.
Having put the X to the top of the list, it came down to finding the desired two-cabin configuration for the short-handed sailing planned. Finally, one came up in the South of France and having found her, it saw the start of an unexpected Mediterranean odyssey over the next four years, travelling along the French and Italian coasts, and then round to the Greek islands, in a combination of short and longer trips, before turning north.
Impeccably responsive when cruising in the light winds of the Mediterranean, equally the boat felt robust, comfortable and safe when in the face of the Mistral, flogging back to southern France from Corsica, or in the sudden furious winds that whip up from nowhere around the Greek Islands. And with a retractable bow thruster and electric winch for halyards and reefing lines, the boat was easily handled either solo or two-up.
The two-cabin layout provides for an enormous cockpit locker, big enough to climb into. With heads aft, the layout also gives extra locker space to the forecabin, which is light and roomy, yet secure for sleeping, even in heavy weather. The large aft cabin is equally spacious; it has less headroom but is not restrictive with feet facing inboard.
In part through preference, in part of necessity, as marinas became fewer and further apart when heading east, trips most often involved anchoring and cooking aboard, and the galley area proved well planned, with space optimised, and well-configured for safe working under passage.
Beautifully balanced, exhilarating and a joy to sail, the X has fulfilled every wish, and there would be no reason to sell, were it not for the happy arrival of my grandchildren, which has meant a change of priorities for me, and less time to spend away.
X-Yachts (GB) Ltd.
Sole Concessionaires for X-Yachts Sales, Service and Parts in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
+44 23 8045 3377
Please contact Stuart Abernethy at +44 (0)23 8045 3377
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 37 ft 2 in
Beam: 11 ft 4 in
LWL: 32 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 5 in
Displacement: 14109 lbs
Ballast: 5985 lbs
Dry Weight: 14109 lbs
Total Power: 29 HP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 29 HP
- The X-37 is built in accordance with the European CE-Certification and meets the requirements of the CE directive 94/25/CE (category A –“ocean”) for recreational crafts.
- The hull is built in a sandwich construction made up of isolatic polyester resin and biaxial E-glass fabric. Further reinforcements include particular positioned biaxial E-glass fabric in high stress areas. Core material is 20-25 mm compressed Divinycell® with a density of 80-100 kg/m
- White gel coat, with three iconic blue X-Yacht waterlines.
- New epoxy bottom treatment March 2014.
- The anti slip on the side decks is white.
- Teak is laid on the cockpit floor, seats and on the bathing platform.
- Teak toe rail running around perimeter of decks.
- Upgraded mainsaheet handling - German mainsheet system with Andersen ST 40 winches
- Primary winches - Andersen 46 winches
- Halyard winches - Andersen 40 winches
- Port side halyard winch is electrical.
- Removable cockpit table, with flush deck fittings
- Lofrans Electrical windlass with upgraded 60m of 8mm chain.
- 14kg kobra main anchor, with 12kg Bruce kedge anchor.
- Large grab rail around wheel for pilot controller.
- Custom bimini on steel framework.
- The double spreader, tapered anodised aluminium mast section is specifically designed for the X-37. The mast is fitted with a furling head stay profile, Windex including light, steaming light, tube for additional electrical masthead equipment and track for spinnaker pole.
- The anodised aluminium boom incorporates an outhaul including a purchase system inside the boom and two reef lines for single line reef system. The vang is a telescopic type with an outer purchase block system.
- The furling head stay and drum are placed below deck with the furling line led back to the cockpit for easy handling.
- Solid rod rigging throughout, with navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- All halyards, reef lines and control lines are led via deck organisers to the two halyard winches for simple and safe operation from the cockpit.
- Carbon Fibre spinnaker pole.
- The keel consists of an antimony hardened lead bulb with a cast iron fin for high strength and low centre of gravity. The keel is protected with a layer of GRP and faired with polyester filler for improved effectiveness.
- Standard draft of 1.98m.
- The hot-galvanised high-strength steel bottom frame absorbs the loads from keel, mast and rig. It also includes the central hoist attachment.
- The yacht’s wooden interior is made of mahogany in a hand polished satin finish. All carpentry is carried out in accordance with best yacht practice, and the numbers of visible screws have been reduced to a minimum. The deck headliner has integrated dome halogen spotlights and Oceanair unit in the saloon hatch.
- 2 double cabins with one aft heads layout. With deep cockpit locker for cruising equipment.
- Blue alcantara upholstery throughout.
- A central bilge is incorporated in the keel structure, which allows all water to be collected here and disposed of by using the electrical pump (manual switch on the switch board) or the hand operated pump positioned in the cockpit.
- Hot and cold pressurised water system with stainless steel fresh water tank of approx. 172-litre capacity including a tank level gauge. Mixing water taps are fitted in the head and in the galley.
- Shower with hot/cold freshwater at the bathing platform
- A 19 litre hot water tank (80° C) is heated by a heat exchanger connected to the engine or it can be heated by shore power.
- Eno two burner cooker with oven.
- Isotherm fridge in galley.
- Aft heads with gravity release holding tank, with full gauge.
- Aft heads with shower and electrical pump out.
- X-Yachts’ main switchboard includes 21 fuses, 3 analogue meters, one for monitoring actual voltage of service and engine battery bank, and two for monitoring actual level in fuel and water tanks.
- The 12V DC system also includes a 12V DC plug that is located behind the electrical panel.
- A 12V DC system runs throughout the yacht. All cables are terminated in a "dry" GRP box fitted behind the electrical panel.
- The shore power installation consists of a 10A shore power inlet plug in the cockpit. A 10A fuse box located in the aft locker.
- A 230V AC distribution box with ground fault circuit breaker and 230V AC plug located at the navigation area.
- Battery charger, type Sterling 1230CE, and heating element in hot water tank are connected to 230V AC distribution box.
- 1 x 75 a/h 12v engine starting battery (Replaced 2016)
- 2 x 110 a/h 12v service batteries (Replaced 2015)
- Galvanic isolator.
- Raymarine ST 60 wind/speed/depth displays mounted in garage above main hatch
- Raymarine ST 6002 autopilot system mounted at the grab rail near the helm
- Garmin GPS mounted (removable) at grabrail near the helm
- Raymarine VHF Ray54E DSC mounted at chart table
- Raymarine smart pilot controller, wireless controller with docking at chart table.
- A Yanmar 3YM30-S – 29 HP diesel engine mounted on rubber suspension with S-drive installation. The engine is run with freshwater cooling system.
- Engine serviced annually.
- Note - 1100 hrs
- 2 blade folding propeller by Flexofold
- Approx. 80-litre aluminium fuel tank with tank level gauge, deck fill, separator including filter and shut off valve.
- Max Power compact retract bow-thruster, with control mounted next to engine control.
- Main Sail - X Voiles 2006 fully battened with Ronstan low friction cars
- Jib 1 - North Sails 2011 108% furling jib
- Jib 2 - X Voiles 2006 108% furling jib
- Jib cover Full hoist cover for furling jib
- Gennaker - X Voiles furling gennaker 2006
- Plastimo Liferaft - in need of service.
- Fire extinguishers x 3
- Jon Buoy inflatable dan buoy and life buoy
- Anchor ball and motoring cone
X-Yachts (GB) Ltd. offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his surveyor to investigate such details. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from X-Yachts GB & Ireland
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Hamble Point Marina, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom