- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Chicago, IL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 199,500
Very rare freshwater Wauquiez 41 Deck Saloon! 200 Freshwater engine hours! Great Sailing Vessel with 5' 7' Draft!. Vessel has been surveyed recently. Neat and clean and a great deal for her condition! Recent updated Garmin electronics! Custom Fusion Stereo with Awesome Bimini Speakers! If you would like further detail regarding this vessel please contact Gunnar at your leisure. Please allow us to be of further service!
Please contact Per Gunnar Vagenius at 262-893-7028
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
5 O'Clock Somwhere
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 7 in
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Autopilot - Autohelm 6002
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Sellers Additions to Vessel
2006 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon
- Spinnaker furler – Bamar Code 10 from Mack Sails
- 2 new battery replacements:
- 4-D Agm Battery
- Group 31 Agm Battery
6/2015 – all new Navigation and Electronics:
- Garman GPSMAP 7608, US LakeVu HD&US BlueChart g2 MDF – added to pod at Helm
- Garmin GPSMAP 7610, US Lak Vu HD&US BlueChart g2 MDF – replaced Raymarine at the Nav Station
- Garmin GMS 10 Network Port Expander
- Garmin GMR24 XHD Maine Radar on a Seaview Self Leveling Radar Pole on stern
- Garmin GNX20 Marine Instrument w/Standard 4” LCD – on pod at Helm
- Garmin gWind Transducer
- Garmin Depth, Speed, Temp Triducer – on pod at Helm
- Garmin AIS 600
- Garmin VHF 200 Radio (@ Nav station) w/GHS 10 Wired VHF Handset (@ Helm)
- Shakespeare Aura CA-BAT Cellular Booster w/antenna
- Auto pilot remains the same as survey – Raymarine ST 8002
- Compass remains the same as survey – Plastimo 6” binnacle mounted
all new Stereo and Speakers:
- Fusion MS-UD650 Radio
- New Speakers below and Flush Mounted in Cockpit
- 2 – speakers towers in cockpit attached to Bimini frame
A faithful heir to her predecessors in terms of concept and sailing aptitude, the Pilot Saloon 41 has retained all the qualities that made their success:
- Elegance and performance under sail,
- Easy handling and secure control,
- Outstanding interior comfort, exploiting space and light to the extreme,• Maximum safety and reliability.
The tridimensional design concept makes the Pilot Saloon 41 a truly different boat from traditional designs based on 2 dimensions only: length & width. A number of remarkable advantages were achieved thanks to this new approach: A controlled use of height, by slightly raising the floor space in the saloon area, created a high performance yacht with a real panoramic view from the inside. And applying the same principle to the cockpit also created an exceptionally comfortable owner’s cabin and toilet compartment aft. Wauquiez, who initiated this concept, and Berret / Racoupeau, designers of the Pilot Saloon 41, have succeeded in keeping a very low centre of gravity for this elegant blue water cruiser.
A layout dedicated to complete comfort on board
Three main criteria were retained in developing the Pilot Saloon 41’s interior accomodations: Living space, conviviality and virtually unlimited view. The raised saloon is located just behind the large forward tinted windshield. Even while seated on the luxurious saloon sofa, you can fully enjoy the view outside, being at sea, harbour or anchorage. Behind the chart table, the navigator can enjoy a panoramic view that allows him to keep control of the boat while inside.
Owner’s and guests quarters are totally separated for total privacy, and the raised cockpit floor helps provide the remarkable comfort of the owner’s cabin and toilet compartment (with independent shower). The guests cabin forward has a large “V” berth and its own bathroom as well. The “side” galley in the Pilot Saloon 41, with it’s complete equipment, allows the cook to stay in direct communication with persons seated in the saloon, while preparing truly gastronomical dishes.
High performance and maximum control
Outstanding hull lines are the key to the superior performance of the Pilot Saloon 41. The fine entry at the bow contributes to speed, upwind performance and directional stability in choppy seas. The bow section firms to a dynamical volume which, combined with a wide beam carried well aft, give the Pilot Saloon 41 a stable, smooth and undisturbed forward motion in open seas. This stability, assisted by a keel with profiled bulb, allows it to benefit from a powerful rig. Strongly stayed by aft-swept spreaders, the mast carries a large sail area. Ideal trim and total control of the sails is achieved by means of an efficient sail management system. According to your sailing programme and preferences, the Pilot Saloon 41 can be equipped with the standard conventional mainsail, a fully battened sail with ball bearing cars on a track and lazy jacks, or in-mast furling. A furling genoa comes as standard forward.
From the aft situated cockpit, the helmsman can oversee the whole yacht whilst navigating. The primary winches are situated close at hand so that he can assist in sail trimming or manoeuvres whenever necessary. The cockpit dimensions are impressive, and it is extremely well protected by the coachouse, for the enjoyment of everyone on board, under sail or at anchor. And of course, powerful winches and top quality deck fittings guarantee simple, easy manoeuvering, even when sailing shorthanded.
Construction: the Wauquiez “savoir faire”
The resale value of Wauquiez yachts reflects their high technological content, the superior quality of the materials selected for their construction and a total dedication to design, assembly and finishing processes. Whether in terms of resin selections (bisphenolic resins for outer layers), structure (glassed stringers and ribs throughout, bulkheads glassed to the hull), components or deck fittings, only the best will do, and the Wauquiez Pilot Saloon 41 is as beautiful a yacht to own as she was to build.
- L.O.A. ..............................................................12.95 m/42’3’’
- Hull length ........................................................12.50 m /41’
- L.W.L .............................................................. 11.00 m/36’2’’
- Max. Beam .......................................................4.04 m/13’3’’
- Draft (deep-lead) ............................................2.00 m / 6’6” •
- Displacement .............................................. 22,050 LBS
- Weight of deep draft keel................ 3.2 t/7 065 lbs approx.
- I .......................................................................15.00 m/49’3’’
- J ........................................................................ 4.38 m/14’4’’
- P ...................................................................... 13.00 m/42’8’’
- E ....................................................................... 4.79 m/15’8’’
- Main (conventional or full batt ...........35.50 m2/ 382 sq.ft
- 150% Genoa (furling) ..........................44.00 m2/ 473 sq.ft
- Solid G.R.P. hull with polyester & bisphenolic resins and built in structural ribs/stringers.
- Interior bulkheads glassed to the hull and deck.
- Composite rudder post.
- Balsa sandwich deck, bonded to the hull with polyurethane adhesive and with mechanical fastening- Moulded ceiling liners with padded slats for a better insulation and easy maintenance.
- Teak side-decks, cockpit floor and seats.
CE Certification Sailplan Sail area Construction
- Berret/Racoupeau Yacht Design
- Anodized aluminium deck stepped mast, with stainless steel support and 2 sets of aft swept spreaders.
- Anodized aluminium boom with outhaul and 2 reefing lines (cockpit led quick reefing system).
- Stainless steel standing rigging.
- 2 Genoa tracks with adjustable cars.
- Harken main traveller with ball bearings car.
- 2 Harken 48 self tailing primary winches on cockpit coamings.
- 2 Harken 40 self tailing winches on coachouse with deck stoppers for mainsheet, boom vang, reefing lines and genoa furler.
- Manual genoa furler.
- Coachouse led genoa reefing line.
- Rigid vang with adjusting line led aft.
- Complete running rigging for main & genoa (halyards, sheets, blocks).
- Pedestal steering in cockpit (cable transmission) with
Rigging and deck fittings
compass & folding teak table.
- Engine throttle lever on pedestal, control panel recessed in cockpit seat vertical panel.
- PMMA companionway hatchboard.
- Teak decks & cockpit seats.
- Large self draining chain locker.
- Fenders locker on foredeck.
- Large cockpit lockers to port & starboard.
- Storage boxes in cockpit coamings.
- 6 stainless steel mooring cleats with stainless steel deck protections.
- Sliding helmsman’s seat for access to aft platform.
- Tilting aft swim platform.
- Cockpit shower.
- Locker in aft skirt.
- Stainless steel swim ladder with teak steps.
- Liferaft stowage area to port on transom.
- 2 ventilation dorade boxes with stainless steel protections.
- 5 fixed hull portholes.
- 2 opening portholes in cockpit for aft cabin cross ventilation.
- 7 opening portholes in the saloon, the galley and the aft
bathroom, hidden by 3 lateral external louvers.
- 6 opening deck hatches.
- Open stainless steel bow pulpit with teak step.
- Stainless steel aft pulpit with lifebuoy support & opening gate.
- Stainless steel stanchions.
Double stainless steel lifelines with lateral opening gates.
Shorepower plug in transom for 220V. or 110V. circuit. 3 recessible padeyes in cockpit.
- 2 lifelines on deck.
- Conventional main with quick reefing system (2 reefs).
- Furling 150% overlap genoa.
- Large self draining mooring locker with warp/chain attachment.
- Stainless steel deck protection in front of anchor locker.
- Horizontal electric windlass with switch.
- 35 lbs Delta anchor with 90 ft of calibrated chain. (Not supplied in the USA & Canada)
- Double stainless steel bow fitting with gennaker attachment fitting
- Teak joinery
- Laminated Wenge floors
- A finishing liner is fitted on the ceiling on which padded vinyl covered slats are fitted. Hull liners are made of padded vinyl and / or teak slats.
Sails Mooring equipment Accommodation
Headroom 2,00 m / 6’3’’
- Laminated curved steps with non skid, fitted on a stainless steel structure.
- Specific companionway hatchboard storage understeps• Stainless steel handrail.
- Engine access panel.
- Oilskins locker to starboard.
Navigation area to portof companionway with chart table, book rack, electronics panel and navigator’s seat with locker under.
- Reading light above chart table.
- Raised deck saloon to starboard for a panoramic view, with folding dining table.
- Storage below seats and behind hinged backrests.
- Halogen lighting in saloon area.
- 2 opening hatches for natural light and ventilation.
Roller blinds on opening hatches. Windshield blinds.
- Lee clothes.
Galley to port
Headroom 1,98 m / 6’6” • Large laminated counter space.
- Stainless steel 2 burner gimballed stove with oven and
sliding stove cover (opening hatch above galley).
- Stainless steel double sink with mixer tap (pressurized hot & cold water system).
- 12v 80 L refrigerator with lateral opening.
- Top loading icebox.
- Dust bin.
- Cupboard and numerous lockers.
- Cutlery drawer.
- Exclusive “Wauquiez” crockery for 6.
- 12 V. halogen lighting.
- Large technical area to starboard, for pumps, piping etc... and for optional equipment (washing machine, generator...).
Headroom 1,91m / 6’3”
- Double bed (2,05 x 1,40 m), hanging locker, various storage
areas & large locker under the bed.
- Seat to port with cushion.
- 2 opening deck hatches, 2 fixed hull portholes.
- Roller blinds on opening hatches.
- Curtain on portholes.
- 2 reading lights & halogen ceiling lighting.
- Fully private head compartment with shower, sink,marine toilet, cupboard & accessories.
- Opening hatch in head compartment.
- Blinds on all hatches.
Owner’s aft cabin
Headroom: 1,88 m / 6’2”
- Large double bed ( 2,10 x 1,40 m), hanging locker, various
storage areas & large locker under bed.
- 2 opening hull portholes & 2 opening cockpit portholes.
- Curtain on portholes.
- Large mirror on forward bulkhead.
- Fully private head compartment with separate shower
(opening port on coaming), sink, cupboard, marine toilet & accessories, opening hull porthole.
- Double density foam mattresses & cushions.
- Yanmar 54 HP diesel engine.
- 12 V/80 Ah. alternator.
- Fuel filter with water separator.
- 30 mm dia.propeller shaft.
- 3 bladed fixed propeller.
- 220 L (58 U.S. Gall.) fuel tank with electric gauge at engine
- Engine compartment insulated with self extinguishing 40 mm foam.
- 12V./88 Ah. engine battery.
- 2 X 12V./140 Ah. batteries for domestic electrical circuit.
- Shorepower inlet at transom.
- 25 Ah. battery charger with charge divider.
- 220 V. or 110V. circuit with outlets in each cabin, in galley, at chart table & in aft head compartment.
- 18 function, 12V./220V. or 12V./110V. electric panel at chart table (3 spare functions & cigarette lighter type 12V plug).
- 12 V. halogen ceiling recessed lighting throughout,
individual reading lamps at bed heads and at chart table.
- 30 L/min. (4.5 Gal/min.) 12V. electric bilge pump.
- Refrigerator with 12 V. compressor.
- Stereo radio/ C.D./ MP3 player
- Manual bilge pump.
- 2 X 220L (58 U.S. Gal.) fresh water tanks with gauges.
- 42 L (11 U.S. Gal.) water heater (from engine & from electric element).
- Pressurized hot/cold water system with 12V. electric pump, expansion tank & PVC piping.
- Mixer taps in galley & head compartments.
- Holding tank for forward toilet (85L/22,5 US GAL).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.