2006 Southerly 135
- View Full Specifications
Excellent Shoal Draft Cruiser
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Charleston, SC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 325,000
THE TIME IS RIGHT! THE OWNER IS MOVING UP TO A LARGER BOAT. 10/14/17 REDUCED BY $21,000
EXCELLENT HEADROOM | COMFORTABLE AFT STATEROOM | SHOAL DRAFT | GOOD PERFORMANCE | WASHER/DRYER | GOOD NATURAL LIGHT
WORLD LEADING VARIABLE DRAFT CRUISING YACHT
The Southerly 135's Swing Keel (2'-9" to 9'-9") opens up a world of possibilities, denied to most yachts.
Imagine being able to go where most boats can't on a powerful 45-foot bluewater cruising boat, without sacrificing windward performance and stability.
Designed by Rob Humphreys and solidly built by Northshore Yachts in the UK.
You can beach her!
9' 9" draft with the Swing Keel down = excellent windward performance.
Hand laid GRP molding, incorporating multi-axial and unidirectional reinforcements for strength and impact resistance. Solid glass below the waterline and cored above.
Freshly painted hull and bottom in Oct 2015
New dodger and bimini in 2015
Low engine hours, generator, water maker, air conditioning, center cockpit, cutter rig, furling main, furling headsails and a great electronics package.
Matt J. Malatich
S&J Yachts – Charleston
Charleston City Marina
843 872-8080 | www.sjyachts.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
I represent both buyers and sellers of fine yachts internationally. Please contact me to discuss your goals. I welcome the opportunity to market quality sail and power boats and represent select buyers on an exclusive basis.
S&J Yachts is a full-service yacht brokerage and a new boat dealership, with offices in Annapolis, MD, Rock Hall, MD, Deltaville, VA, Largo, FL and Charleston, SC. We are dealers for Delphia, Maxi, Island Packet, and Seaward Yachts. We also represent Discovery Yachts Group, including Southerly Yachts, Discovery Yachts and Bluewater Catamarans.
Please contact Matt Malatich at 843-872-8080
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Northshore Yachts (UK)
Designer: Rob Humphreys
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 45 ft 6 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
LWL: 36 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 2 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 9 in
Ballast: 9770 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 64 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 27708 lbs
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: 4JH4E
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 819
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 55 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (120 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (28 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
This lovely Southerly 135 has two cabins and two heads and will sleep six people comfortably. There is lovely teak joinery throughout, abundant natural light and the deck salon windows afford excellent visibility from the raised galley and navigation station.
Salon: The salon is a wonderful place to sit comfortably, with generous seating for eight people around a large table and at a separate settee on the starboard side. The dining table drops down to create an additional berth, that is big enough to sleep two people. Large salon windows provide plenty of natural light and Concertina blinds can be drawn partially or completely for privacy. There is a flat screen TV, 16,000 BTU reverse cycle Cruisair air-conditioning (2012) and tan ultra-suede upholstery (2012). Storage can be found below the seating and outboard.
Nav: The raised navigation station is opposite the galley on the starboard side. For additional details see “Nav and Electronics” below.
Galley: The raised galley is amidships to port at the base of the companionway steps. For additional details see “Galley” below.
Owners Stateroom: The large owners stateroom is very comfortable with plenty of light, good headroom and lots of room to move around. There is a center line queen berth with seating on either side, convenient outboard shelves, two lockers, drawers, a safe for valuables and a private ensuite head. Opposite the berth is a flat screen TV and a Jansen stereo/DVD player with Bose speakers. With four opening ports and a large hatch there is very good light and ventilation. In addition, there are numerous overhead lights and reading lights. A 10,000 BTU reverse cycle Cruisair air-conditioning unit (2012) serves this area.
Forward Cabin: The forward cabin has a long v-berth with a filler and private access to the "day" head. Plenty of light and ventilation is provided by a large hatch overhead, two opening ports and two additional ports. Shades cover the ports for privacy and there is screen/shade to cover the hatch. There is lots of storage throughout this area; enclosed locker forward, shelves outboard, drawers, hanging locker, and more under the berth. The forward cabin has Bose speakers with separate volume control and a 6,000 BTU reverse cycle Cruisair air-conditioning unit (2012).
Two Heads: The guest or day head is located just aft of the forward cabin on the port side. Features include; Raritan electric-flush head (2015), nice sized basin, large mirror, opening port, outboard lockers and a comfortable seat which covers the head allowing you to sit when showering. There are two doors; one private from the forward cabin and one from the salon.
The aft head is ensuite to the owners stateroom and has a Raritan electric-flush head, large basin, mirror, opening port, and outboard lockers as well. There is another door through this head that leads to an equipment/laundry room.
Equipment & Laundry Room: This area houses the Splendide Comb-o-Matic 5200 washer/dryer, a work bench and is great for storing larger items. It is accessible from the aft head and from the cockpit locker.
Work & Storage Area: There is a large work surface and generous storage in the area leading from the nav station to the owners stateroom. This area that is great for projects, spare parts, tools, equipment and pantry items.
- Three zone reverse reverse cycle Cruisair air-conditioning (2012)
- Splendide Comb-o-Matic 5200 washer/dryer combo
- Concertina blinds for deck salon windows
- Screens/shades for all overhead hatches
- Shades on most ports
- Jansen stereo/DVD player with Bose speakers in the owners stateroom
- Bluetooth enabled Fusion MS-AV600 marine DVD, CD & stereo in the salon
- Clarion Marine Audio APX280M 2 channel power amp with Bose speakers in the ustateroom, salon and forward cabin
- Carbon monoxide detector in the owners stateroom
- Liverpool and Glasgow brass clinometers
The raised u-shaped galley is located on the port side aft of the salon near the base of the companionway stairs. This location affords easy access to the cockpit and excellent views through the deck salon windows. There is a large hard surface counter with double sink and generous storage in both cabinets and drawers. The top-loading freezer is located in the galley and the refrigerator is located opposite the galley behind the navigation station.
- Frigoboat stainless steel refrigerator (new thermostat 2012)
- Frigoboat stainless steel top-load freezer (new thermostat 2012)
- Plastimo Neptune 2500 2-burner gimbled LPG stove, oven with separate burner
- Solid surface HI-MACS countertop (2012)
- Double SS sink
- Extendable faucet with auto and manual water pumps
- Two LPG tanks with manual and solenoid switches
- Hot water heater and pressurized hot/cold water throughout
NAV & ELECTRONICS
The raised nav station is conveniently located at the base of the companionway to starboard and has full outside visibility. A comfortable nav seat has an additional benefit in that it swivels. The nav table is large with storage under. Additional storage is found under the chart table and outboard.
- Raymarine E120 multi-display with touch screen and keypad (2 KW Raymarine radar, Raymarine 125 GPS receiver) sounder, chart plotter, weather) at nav station.
- Raymarine ST60 autopilot at nav station and helm
- Raymarine wireless autopilot controller
- Raymarine Sea Talk High Speed Network Switch and E85001 interface
- Icom M-802 SSB radio
- Raymarine SR-100 Sirius satellite weather receiver
- Shakespeare Galexy SRA-40 Sirius satellite radio antenna
- Bluetooth enabled Fusion MS-AV600 marine DVD, CD & stereo at nav
- Raymarine E80 multi-display (radar, GPS, sounder, chart plotter & weather) at helm
- Raymarine ST60 speed, wind and depth in cockpit
- Raymarine 240E VHF radio with handset, speakers and antenna
- Raymarine LifeTag man overboard alert system
- Controls for the anchor windlass, swing keel and stereo at helm
- Push button Swing Keel control and keel position indicator at helm
- Lewmar Olympic 135 compass at helm
SAILS & RIGGING
The Seldén rig is well thought out, the Furlex roller-furling double headsail system is easy to handle, and the placement of sheet leads makes single handling a snap. The steering is smooth, and with the keel fully down, the vessel tracks very well. She exhibits neither the quick, jerky motion of a lightweight race boat nor the bargelike undulations of a full-sectioned heavy-displacement cruiser.
- Selden deck stepped mast with a compression post to the keel.
- Stainless steel cable shrouds and stays (head-stay, cutter stay, 2 back-stays) with chain plates bolted through hull.
- In-mast Elvstrom Sebstad main
- Furling genoa by Elvstrom Sebstad
- Furling staysail by Elvstrom Sebstad
- Self furling gennaker with all lines (new & never been flown)
- One Lewmar #40 electric winch (refurbished 2012)
- One Lewmar #30 2-speed winch (refurbished 2012)
- Two Lewmar #50 2-speed winches (refurbished 2012)
- Two Lewmar #30 2-speed winches on mast (refurbished 2012)
- Seven Spinlock cam cleats
- Mainsheet track conveniently located just aft of the cockpit providing easy access from the helm
ENGINE & ELECTRICAL
Yanmar 4JH4E 55 HP diesel engine has been well maintained and has just 819 hours of use. There is good access to both engine and generator.
- Fisher Panda 8 MINI-DP generator (8 kw). Full factory rebuild in 2012, including new exhaust hose.
- Horizon HRO Seafari Escape 400 gallon/day watermaker with automated self-flushing. Fully rebuilt in 2012, new membrane, filters, o-rings, cleaned all serviceable parts and installed manual test valve to inspect/collect water before it enters the water tank.
- Lewmar 185TT bow thruster
- Electric windlass with controls at the bow and helm
- 50 amp, 240 V shore power cable
- Two Victron Energy Blue Power 12V/120V chargers, 2.5 KW inverter
- Four house 12 V batteries and two engine/generator 12 V batteries (2012)
- Alternator charging with Sterling charge booster
HULL AND DECK FEATURES & EQUIPMENT
Hull: Hand laid up heavy duty GRP molding, incorporating multi-axial and unidirectional reinforcements for strength and impact resistance. The hull is cored above the water line for insulation and weight reduction and is solid glass below. Thickness increases progressively toward the keel area. The keel box is an integral part of the hull layup. There is a substantial skeg fitted on center line to protect the propeller and rudders when the yacht is dried out.
Swing Keel: The signature Southerly electric/hydraulic Swing Keel (this is not a centerboard) can be easily raised and lowered with just the push of a button and stopped anywhere in between. When Swing Keel is raised the draft is only 2' 9" - just imagine where you can go? When lowered, the keel is an impressive 9' 9", considerably deeper than all other similar sized cruising yachts. The additional draft enhances both performance and stability. The push button control as well as a gauge to show the keel position is fitted at the pedestal. The previous owner installing a chaffe guard for the pennant an a baffle for the keel trunk, per the factories specifications.
Deck: The decks are fiberglass. Raised teak capped bulwarks provide extra comfort and safety. Forward is a stainless steel stem head fitting with twin bow rollers and a below deck windlass. There is a very nice large aft deck, ideal for lounging. On either side of the pushpit are large stern rail seats.
Cockpit: Comfortable safe center cockpit. Portside cockpit locker has steps leading down to a work area and quick access to the engine. The transom has sugar scoop steps and a SS bathing ladder.
Additional features as follows:
- New dodger and bimini installed in April 2015
- Freshly painted hull and bottom in October 2015
- Zinks replaced in October 2015
- Simpson dingy davits
- 2006 Avon 10' dinghy with 4.4 Suzuki 4-cycle outboard
- Isotherms marine safe
- Plastimo Offshore six person life raft
- Twelve Lewmar ports and five Lewmar deck hatches with retractable shades and screens
- 20 kg Lewmar Delta anchor with 30 m of chain
- Danforth stern anchor with 5 m chain and 50 m rode
- Hot and cold shower at transom
- Two electric bilge pumps and one manual bilge pump in the cockpit with keel sump suction
- High water alarm
- Engine room blower
- Two shower sump pumps
- Recently serviced all sea cocks, thru-hulls and strainers
- Lewmar electric windlass w/gypsy. Deck switch and remote at helm
- Jack lines for offshore cruising
- Cruising spares kit w/misc
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.