Reynolds 33 Catamaran
Best R-33 on the Market by far!!! Always Dry-Sailed!!
Easily the most comfortable way to sail at 20+ Knots!!
Exemplary example of one of Melvin & Morelli's best performing designs.
Built by Reyolds Catamarans in southern California, this high performance sailing catamaran has every option with numerous upgrades.
Can you Imagine… sailing at 16 knots in only 10 knots of wind? Can you imagine sailing fast and stable without heeling? Imagine a boat this fast yet easy to sail, easy to trailer, sleeps four adults with head and galley and fits into a standard 14 foot slip!
The R33 is a new breed of cat. Developed and designed after talking with sailing enthusiasts. The R33 Cat offers sailors an easy to slip or trailer, weekender multihull capable of coastal cruising or racing. The R33 has comfortable accommodations for four adults in two private cabins with the convenience of a head, icebox and stove.
With her light 33-foot hulls and wide beam of 14 feet, the R33 Cat is fast and stable yet fits into a standard slip. Her rig is sophisticated enough to race but simple enough to single hand. On the road her light hulls and innovative demountable trailering system allows the R33 Cat to be transported easily by two persons.
The R33 Cat comes with a standard, easy to sail 48 foot rig and an easy to slip 14-foot beam and rates a blistering -80 PHRF. At only 2975 pounds this cat offers better performance and incredible deck space and comfort that other boats can't offer...all at an extremely competitive value.
R33 Catamaran Sail Away Package – Includes:
- Base Boat – ONE DESIGN 14 foot Beam- 2 white hulls with cockpit seat backs, dagger boards, rudder system, three aluminum cross tubes w/trampoline, deck hardware with 100 lb rated motor mount, 7 Harken winches, halyards for 5 sails including sheet stops, Harken blocks and a painted 48 foot mast with rigging. (Owner Upgraded to Aramid Rigging)
- Interior package - Deluxe fore and aft bunk interior cushions for each hull, two porta potties (never used), two ice boxes, mini-galley and two closed cell waterproof cockpit cushions.
- Electrical package - Two 12 volt batteries, running lights and solar panel.
- Working Sails – a R33 Class legal 540 sq ft full batten carbon tri-radial mainsail with 3 reef points, a R33 Class legal 163 sq ft full batten carbon tri-radial jib with two reef point,
- Engine - Custom Tahatsu 9.9 hp 35 inch extended outboard
BLAST Package - R33 Class legal 385 sq ft Kevlar Blast 125% roller furling headsail with bowsprit, pole hardware and roller furler installed with all running rigging.
Code ZERO Spinnaker package - R33 Class legal Kevlar 850 sq ft. Roller furling Spinnaker with roller furler and all running rigging.
R33 Custom Expanding Trailer- Custom FE dual axle galvanized trailer with carpeted hull cradles and mast supports
9.8 Outboard Engine - Custom Tohatsu 9.8 hp 35 inch extended outboard with manufacturers warranty.
Complete Racing Electronics Package - TackTick MicroNet System Including True Wind, Depth, Speedo, w/ 3vwireless remotes.
Upgraded "Aramid" Standing Rigging - This provides a significant weight reduction compared to traditional Stainless wire rigging and is actually stronger.
Custom Awnings - Include Randy Reynolds' latest design that are fitted to stainless poles that attach to on deck seat back that act as a bimini. Also includes full awning.
Extra Set of Custom Cradles - We used on a custom lift but could also be used for storage.
Dry Sailed - The owner kept the boat on a custom lift and NEVER spent the night in the water.
Named SAILING WORLD Magazine’s 2006 Boat of the Year, “Best Multihull Award Winner”.