- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- N Myrtle Beach, SC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 214,900
- Sale Pending
Newer Bimini Top and Enclosure in Very Good Condition
Custom Aft Cockpit Enclosure Also in Very Good Condition
370 hp Yanmar Inboard with Bow and Stern Thrusters
Owner Reports Maximum Range of 900 Miles
7.8 Knot Efficient and Economical Cruising Speed
Seasoned Owner With Over 30,000 Miles of Cruising Has Equipped This Boat With Many Convenience Items Perfect for Living Aboard or Cruising the Great Loop!!
Summer Kitchen Option Has a Sink and Engel High-Tech 12V Refrigerator/ Freezer Installed by the Owner In Lieu of the Grill.
Refrigerator Features It's Own Separate Smart Charger/ Battery Which Will Provide At Least Two Days of Run Time on the AGM Battery.
Lewmar Windlass With Wide Side Deck Walk Arounds Makes Anchoring a Breeze
Two Staterooms With Large Head, Including Tub/ Shower
Vacu Flush Head System
Cherry Wood Interior
Upper and Lower Helm Stations
Full Galley With 360 Degree View
HD Flat Screen TV with Bose DVD/ CD/ Tuner Surround Sound System
This Boat is a 9+++ and Must Be Seen to be Appreciated!!
Click on View Full Specifications Tab For Full Equipment List
Manufacturer Description: There is plenty of room for seating and relaxing on the bridge. There is even a Summer Kitchen option providing a grill, sink and custom 12V refrigerator aft of the centerline helm. Wide molded steps offer safe and secure footing to the covered aft deck. Going forward, there are wide, lighted and recessed walkways with overhead protection leading to the foredeck. A stainless steel Sampson post and dual roller pulpit is perfect for setting the anchor and the optional windlass makes retrieval a snap. All rails, hatches and portlights are now fashioned from 316L stainless steel for easy maintenance and great looks. All Mainships, including the 40, are featuring beautiful cherry wood interiors. All cabinets, drawers and tables are solid cherry and the optional cherry and holly sole is very traditional as well as serviceable. The extended salon includes an Ultra leather sofa, entertainment center with Bose audio system, and Luce flat screen TV. A starboard side galley offers a full size, dual voltage refrigerator and freezer, microwave, 3-burner range and oven, and even a coffee maker. Special attention has been given to general and dishware storage and the location for an under counter trash receptacle. To port of the lower station is a full dinette that seats four with a comfortable bench and two chairs. Forward, is a master stateroom with a centerline inner spring queen berth and plenty of hanging, drawer and locker storage. A second stateroom offers two single berths and an optional innovative desk arrangement, and the head, with a separate stall shower is accessible from the master stateroom or the companionway.
Best number to reach Mike is 910-620-9903
Please contact Mike Knoll at 910-620-9903
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Deep Vee
LOA: 41 ft 4 in
Beam: 14 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 8 in
Bridge Clearance: 18 ft 2 in
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 24000 lbs
Total Power: 370 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LYA-STP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3000
Engine Power: 370 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (130 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (47 Gallons)
The following comments are from the very experienced boat owners on some of the many reasons they like Just Relax and think you will as well:
- Single engine-very economical
- Dual racor fuel filters-peace of mind while cruising long distances
- Bow and stern thrusters for convenient docking in all conditions
- Ease of maintenance-systems and components very accessible
- All three beds have custom inner spring mattresses-very comfortable
- Island master berth is comfortable and easy to make
- Comfortable and convenient guest stateroom with a double bed or twin beds
- Full shower/ tub
- Vacu flush head-no other system comes close
- Exceptionally comfortable long range cruiser
- Bridge clearance measured at 18' 2"-perfect for the loop (again)
- Excellent head room throughout
- Excellent storage throughout
- Ease of getting on and off at the dock
- No ladders
- Fore and aft shore power connections-convenient to hook up to shore power whether bow or stern in
- Wide and safe walk around decks
- Excellent visibility for docking
- Stable ride
- Quiet main engine and generator
- Spacious bridge is great for guests or even laying down on a long cruise
- Very open cabin with lots of natural light and lighting
- Fuel, water and holding tank capacity allows boat owners to cruise for two weeks
Master stateroom is forward with an island style walk around style bed. The master features a custom ordered inner spring mattress that is very comfortable.
- Centerline queen bed
- Inner spring pillow top mattress-2014
- Two storage drawers below bed
- Private access to head and shower room
- Storage lockers port and starboard
- Cable TV hook up
- 120 and 12V outlets
This guest stateroom may be TOO comfortable, as, your guests may not want to leave!
- Twin beds that convert to a double
- Inner spring pillow top mattresses-new in 2014
- Excellent headroom
- Large hanging locker
- Four door storage cabinet above the bed
- 120V and 12V outlets
Head and Shower
The head and shower is very roomy. The separate shower is also a tub.
- Vacu flush head system with holding tank
- Macerator with direct overboard discharge capability
- Access to the head from companionway or master stateroom
- Large shower/ tub
- Vanity with storage
- Corian counter top
- Waste tank level gauge
- Owner added port for direct monitoring of waste tank level or cleaning
The salon is spacious with lots of natural light and lighting. There is a settee to port with tons of storage below. Settee was reupholstered in 2015. Drapes also new in 2015. This is a very clean and fresh feeling boat. The double wide salon doors open to add an open and airy feeling with even more natural light. Panoramic 360 degree view is awesome.
There are two air conditioners with reverse cycle heat to keep the cabin at the temperature you prefer.
- Teak and holly flooring is in excellent condition
- HD flat screen TV
- Wired for cable TV
- Bose DVD/ CD/ tuner
- Surround sound system
- Digital antenna
- Settee with storage below-reupholstered in 2015
- Coffee table with storage below
- Privacy drapes new in 2015
- Double wide salon doors open to cockpit
- Screen door
As expected, the galley is complete and even includes an oven. This is a perfect boat for a cruising couple who wants to do long range cruising spending long amounts of time living on board.
The boat owners will no longer be doing long range cruising and plan to leave most galley supplies, including dishes and flatware, for the new owner.
- Refrigerator with separate freezer (dual voltage)
- Three burner range
- Microwave (new in 2012)
- Counter top thermos coffee maker
- Corian counter tops
- All cabinets, drawers and tables are solid cherry
- Excellent dishware and galley storage
- Under counter trash receptacle
- Teak and holly flooring
- Electric hot water heater
- Water tank gauge
- Water system has an accumulator tank for strong and even flow
Located in the port forward section of the salon is the dinette which seats four adults.
- Solid cherry table
- Two stools
- Booth style seating opposite of stools
- Functional and comfortable dinette arrangement
Lower Helm Station
The lower helm station is forward of the galley on the starboard side. This will be a great feature if you ever get caught in bad weather.
- Owner added custom lower helm seat
- Sliding door with access to starboard deck
- Garmin 172 GPS/ chart plotter
- Raymarine digital depth finder
- Uniden VHF radio
- Full set of engine gauges
- 12V outlet
- Teak and holly flooring
- Custom storage bins built in under helm floor
Flybridge and Electronics
Access the bridge from the cockpit via safe steps with hand rail. Seating on the bridge is unbelievable. There is a helm seat with companion seats located both port and starboard. There is a large L shaped seat to port with another bench seat located to starboard. There are flip up tables between the two bench seats. The bench seats are long enough to lay down to take a nap.
There is a summer kitchen located aft. The electric grill has been removed, as, it was very ineffective with any type of breeze. It has been replaced by an Engel high tech 12V refrigerator. The refrigerator has a dedicated AGM battery and smart charger which allows two days of run time without shore power.
To top it all off there are two chairs with coffee table and a Magma gas grill on the aft section of the bridge. This has to be the most comfortable and functional bridge of any 40' boat ever made.
- Bow and stern thruster controls
- Raymarine E-80 GPS/ chart plotter
- Raymarine 24 mile radar
- Raymarine autopilot
- Standard Horizon AIS receiver/ VHF radio (new in 2013)
- Garmin 740 GPS/ chart plotter (new in 2013)
- Rudder angle indicator
- Raymarine digital depth finder
- Back up digital depth finder
- Full set of engine gauges
- Sony AM/FM stereo with CD player (new in 2013)
- Bennett trim tab controls
- Dual electric horns (new in 2012)
- 120V and 12V outlets
- Helm seat with port and starboard companion seats
- L shaped bench seat to port
- Bench seat to starboard
- Flybridge seats were recovered in 2013 and literally look like new
- Flip up tables-port and starboard-located between bench seats
- 2 wicker chairs and coffee table aft
- Summer kitchen with custom 12V refrigerator
- Refrigerator has dedicated Smart Charger and AGM battery (new in 2014)
- Ice maker has been removed which created additional storage
- Magma gas grill with cover mounted on bridge
- Radar reflector
- Tons of storage under bench seats and under summer kitchen area
The aft cockpit provides it's own living and relaxing area, as, it has an isinglass enclosure. In warmer months there is a mesh enclosure to replace the isinglass.
There is a love seat with comfy rug.
Access to the generator is through a large hatch in the cockpit.
There is a fold down step on the port and starboard side for safe and convenient boarding from the dock.
Just Relax has a nice shine to her gel coat from many coats of wax and love over the years.
She has wide and safe walk around decks, both port and starboard, to allow easy access from the cockpit to the bow area.
There is a Lewmar windlass with 200' of chain and line, including deck foot switches and controls at the bridge helm.
The bimini top and enclosure are relatively new and are in very good condition. The enclosure includes U zips.
- Navy blue bimini top and enclosure-newer and in excellent condition
- Enclosure has U zips
- Custom canvas cover over steps to bridge-keeps cockpit dry during a rain storm
- Mesh screen safety netting on bridge rails-great for kids and/or small pet safety
- Aft cockpit isinglass and screen enclosure-new in 2014
- Lewmar windlass with deck foot switches and helm controls
- Fortress and Bruce anchor, each with their own chain and line
- Stainless steel Sampson post with dual roller pulpit
- Exterior windshield and side window privacy covers-solid sunbrella
- Exterior mesh windshield and side window privacy covers
- Folding radar mast with LED anchor light
- Swim platform with ladder
- Weaver dinghy snap davits mounted on swim platform
- Aft shower-hot and cold
- Dockside water connection
- Owner added mid ship cleats
- Three forward opening deck hatches with covers and screens
Engines, Electrical and Mechanical
It s hard to know where to even begin with this section. The Yanmar 6LYA-STP engine is rated at 370 hp. The current owners bought the boat in 2008 with 260 hours. Countless miles on the water later she now has right at 3000 hours. As any experienced Yanmar mechanic who will tell you there are thousands of hours left in this engine and the more a diesel engine runs, the better she runs.
The boat has seen absolute top care and maintenance with all systems in proper working condition. She has even been Coast Guard Auxiliary inspected annually.
Owner reports that fueling, filling water tanks and pump out is easy and accessible.
Additionally, owner reports the boat has never been ran hard and averages between 3 and 4 gph fuel burn around 8 knots with a maximum range of 900 miles.
Engine and generator service records will convey. All engine and generator maintenance is up to date. Many spare parts will be left on board for the happy new owner!
All factory manuals also included.
- Yanmar 6LYA-STP rated at 370 hp with 3000 hours
- Major maintenance service (coolers, turbos, valves, etc) was done in 2013
- ZF electronic controls at both stations
- Dual Racor 1000 fuel filters with gauge that can be changed without shutting down the engine
- Johnson engine raw water pump with special impeller removal tool included
- Owner added isolation valve for leak free impeller replacement
- 80 amp Hitachi alternator
- Fresh water cooling system
- Fire suppression systems in engine and generator rooms
- New upgrades hoses with stainless inserts-installed in 2012
- 5 blade Nibral prop
- Spare prop
- Line cutter on stainless shaft
- Dripless shaft seal with spare seals, so, shaft does not have to be removed to replace seal
- Bronze strut and rudder
- Xchange-R oil change system
- 8KW Kohler generator with sound shield
- 725 generator hours
- 50 amp shore power
- 30' and 20' shore cords included
- Bow and stern connections for shore power
- Battery on/off switches, including separate switches for thrusters
- Full bonding system with galvanizer protection
- Charles isolation transformer for extra protection from shore power surges
- West Marine 700 watt inveter
- Three 8D batteries-one starting and two house batteries
- Separate battery and Smart Charger for bridge 12V refrigerator
- CO and smoke detectors
- Fuel tanks are aluminum
- Owner installed dip tube for direct reading of fuel level
- Raw water strainers on all through hulls
- 5 bilge pumps total (2 new) and one hand pump with high water alarm
- Hydraulic steering
I sold this boat to the current owners in 2008. They have logged over 30,000 miles in their boating careers. They know how to maintain a boat to the absolute highest standards and it will show if you get the opportunity to see this boat before she is sold.
Current owner will even consider assisting the new owner with delivery of the boat to their new home port on the east coast. The new owners will learn an incredible amount about this gem in a very short time from the hands on current owner.
As you review the list of equipment included I hope you get the feeling that this boat is rigged for long range cruising with many custom owner added features.
Please contact listing broker with questions. If I can't answer them I know the owners will be able to.
Thank you for your interest in Just Relax!!
The dinghy does not convey with the boat, however, is available for $1,500-. There is no engine.
Owner's personal effects do not convey, however, they are leaving most of the galley equipment and all spare parts. This will help the new owner and save them hundreds of dollars.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from MarineMax Inc.
Carolina Beach, NC, United States
330 Sport Bridge
Beaufort, NC, United States
3870 Motor Yacht
Wilmington, NC, United States
Cornelius, NC, United States
Wrightsville Beach, NC, United States