- View Full Specifications
Primo 2006 Boat of the Year
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 259,900
2006 Cruising World Boat of the Year - A Spectacular Performance Cruiser!!! Cleverly Designed & Exceptionally Well Built!!!
The Maestro 40 designed by Elvind Still and built in Finland was the Cruising World 2006 Boat of the Year. She is magnificent in every way from her perfect glass work, the custom teak joinery, and her sailing rig. She will get you around the cans or to your favorite gunkhole. The Maestro 40 does it all and does it well. Her layout is spacious, comfortable with a luxurious feel. The cockpit is large enough for competitive sailing or entertaining or an afternoon siesta. Maestro has a dark green hull. She turns heads.
I have a lifetime of boating, fishing, waterskiing, cruising and racing experience as well as 25 years of selling all kinds of power and sail boats. I will guide you effortlessly through the purchase process from the showings to the offers through the counters, survey, acceptance and settlement. I will make your boat buying experience easy and fun, and guarantee that you will get the boat best suited for your needs, plans and monies. And, I will be there after the sale to help you with every aspect of your boating experience.
Please, don't forget, I am always looking for good, quality sail and power boat listings. With real Yacht World Sold Boat comparables, a quarter century of marketing and sales experience, as well as a standing list of Buyers I have the selling know-how to move your boat in this tough economy with a simple goal of getting you the most monies in the shortest time. Call me to discuss your current boat and how we can maximize its sale.
Please contact Jim Elliott at (410) 708-4422
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Loon A Sea
LOA: 39 ft 9 in
Beam: 13 ft 9 in
LWL: 35 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 2 in
Displacement: 15430 lbs
Ballast: 5952 lbs
Headroom: 7 ft 0 in
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: D2-40
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (43 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (53 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Aluminum (25 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Accommodations & Walkthru
Beginning at the bow there is the Forward Cabin with a large Vee Berth. A hanging locker to starboard and a large storage cabinet to port with a change shelf above plus a practical cabin length shelf on each side of the berth provides a place for everything. There are luxurious teak ceiling strips on the hull sides. The cabin is well lit and ventillated with 4 lights, a large opening hatch, a 12V fan and a dorade.
Next, aft is the spacious and easy to get around Saloon with facing Settees and a center-line table with drop leaves and wine and dinnerware storage. Each settee pulls out a couple of inches making really comfortable single berths. A combination of cabinets and shelving above the settees that also house a flat screen TV on the starboard side plus additional storage lockers behind the settee's back rests. The Saloon is well lit and ventillated with 4 lights, a large opening hatch, a 12V fan and a dorade. This is a very comfortable saloon!!!
Aft on starboard is the "L" shaped Galley with deep, double sinks, 12V refrigeration, and a 2 burner, propane stove/oven. There is lots of working space on the corrian counters and real storage under and above the counters in a variety of cabinets drawers and shelves. There is even a clever counter access to a trash bin.
The Nav Station & Electric Panel are across on the starboard side. A very comfortable forward facing desk and bench chair put you within easy reach of VHF, Stereo and Radar & Chartplotter display. Again, lots of storage with 4 drawers under the desk plus a bin for all the "stuff" you always need at your fingertips.
Ventillation and light in the nav/galley area provided by 5 lights, 2 opening ports and 2 dorades.
The centerline Companionway seperates the Head on starboard from the private Quarterberth on port. The hinged 4 step companionway rises easily with 2 struts for engine and generator access. The generator is also accessed through the aft cabin.
The large Head with forward facing electric commode also has corrian counters and beautiful cabinets above and below the counter incorporating a large hanging locker as well. There is an opening port and an electric exhaust system.
The private Quarter Berth is large enough for a couple. A dressing chair at the entrance has a combination cabinet with one side of shelving and a hanging locker on the other. There are 2 ports, 12V Fan, three reading lights. It has its own AC System.
The long, safe and comfortable Cockpit has no-maintenance Companionway Cafe Doors making it very easy getting in and out of LoonASea. There is plenty of seating for sailing, entertaining and napping. A very large Destroyer Wheel is cleveryly recessed below the deck to allow both forward vision and an easy reach from the side coaming of the cockpit. There is plenty of room to stand behind the wheel. All lines are led aft from the mast under the spray hood and cockpit coaming to their rope clutches and on to the aft cockpit winches. The primary winches sit over that coaming. She has a deep locker on starboard and 4 smaller lockers across the transom. Lots of practical deck storage.
- Exquisite Teak Joinery
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water including Cockpit Shower
- 2 Burner Propane Stove/Oven (Solenoid Switch '06)
- New Isotherm Cold Plate Refrigeration with Digital Controls '16
- Curtains, Shades & Screens Throughout
- Teak and Holly Sole Except for Fibreglass Sole in Head
- Custom Sheets & Bedding
- Lee Cloths for Saloon Settee/Berths
- 12 volt Fans in Forward Cabin, Saloon, and Aft Cabin
- Exhaust Fan in Head
- Cafe Doors at the Companionway
The Maestro 40 has both a 110 Volt Shorepower and a 12 Volt Ship's Electrical Systems.
- Mastervolt Whisper 3.5KW Diesel Generator
- Mastervolt 50 Amp Battery Charger
- 115 Amp High Output Alternator
- 2 - 50' Shorepower Cords
- 3 - 130 AH House Batteries '12
- 1 - Engine Starting Battery '15
- Techma Electric Toilet
- Eberspracher 4 LC Diesel Forced Hot Air Cabin Heater w/Ducts throughout
- Aqua Air 12,000 BTU Air Conditioning w/Ducts throught
- 3 - Hella Turbo Cabin Fans
- Lopolight Carbon Fibre LED Running Lights
- Courtesy Lights in Cockpit
- 2 - Underwater Lights
- Luminous Name on Transom
- Deck Lights w/Dimmer at Pedestal Electric Panel
- Jabsco 13 Liters per min Electric Bilge Pump w/Float Switch
- 110 Volt Hot Water Heater (also heated from Engine Heat Exchanger)
Electronics & Navigation Systems
- 4 Raymarine S2-90 Prgrammable Instrument (1 at Helm, 1 at Nav, 2 over Companionway interfaced with GPS & Autopilot and displaying Knot & Depth
- Raymarine ST7000 Autopilot with Remote
- Raymarine Wind Instrument at Helm
- 2 - Raymarine E80s (Nav Station and Helm) with PC Network Switch
- Raystar 125 SDGPS Receiver
- Raymarine 2KW Radar Scanner with 18" Radome
- ICOM VHF Radio at Nav Station
- Ray 240E VHFwith Remote Handset at Helm
- Kenwood CD, Satellite, AM/FM Stereo with Cabin and SS Cockpit Speakers
- Sirius Radio
- Samsung Flat Screen TV in Saloon
- Sony DVD Player for Saloon TV 2015
- Sunto D-135 Compass at Helm
- Volvo D2-40 Diesel Engine (See Propulsion)
- Edson 60" Aluminum Destroyer Wheel recessed at bottom below Sole with Elk Hide Cover
- 3-Blade Folding Propeller
- MaxPower Retractable Bow Thruster
- 2 - Jabco 50 Litres per Min Manual Bilge Pumps
- Emergency Tiller
Hull and Deck Build and Equipment
The Maestro 40 has a hand laid Fiberglass Hull and Deck with Divinycell coring. She has teak decks including cockpit, swim platform and coamings vacuum bagged with only the margin planks screwed in place. The Toerail is Aluminum with roller chocks in the end fittings.
- Green Hull with White Cove and Boot Stripes
- Aluminum Rub Rail
- Fin Keel with Bulb
- Decks Waxed, Hull Painted '16
- Semi Balanced Spade Rudder
- 6 Mooring Cleats
- NEW 2016 Dodger & Connecting Panel
- Bimini with Side and Back Curtains
- USCG Saftey Package
- Lifesling mounted on Stern Rail
- Mooring and Dock Lines and Fenders
- Boat Hook
- Flag Staff
Sails & Rigging
The Maestro 40 is a 19/20 Fractional Sloop Rig with Double Spreaders. ("Loon A Sea" is Factory Prepped for a Staysail that has not been installed) All lines led aft under spray hood and cockpit coaming to 6 Rope Clutches per side feeding the Secondary Winches.
- Offshore Spars Carbon Fibre Mast, Spreaders and Boom painted white
- Navtec Rod Rigging
- Reckman R2 Racing Roller Furling Headstay with line led to cockpit thru Rope Clutch
- North Sails 110% Furling Genoa 2013
- Doyle Stack Pack Mainsail System
- North Sails Mainsail 2014
- Harken Mainsail Batt Cars
- Cockpit Traveller with Harken Blocks and Cam Cleats installed inobtrusefully in front of Binnacle but aft of cockpit seating
- Doyle Cruising Spinnaker with Sock
- Whisker Pole Stored on Mast Track
- Navtec Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster
- Harken 53 AST 2-Speed Primary Winches
- Harken 48 AST 2-Speed Secondary Winches
- 12 Rope Clutches (6 per side feeding Secondary Winches)
- Adjustable Fairlead Blocks
- Winch Handles
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.