- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Alameda, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 220,000
From its large carbon wheel to the fine teak joiner work and Indigo Ultra-suede upholstery below, or simply by the smooth, graceful way it slides through the water, the J/124 is every bit a sailing yacht… in the best sense of the word. One that is a joy to sail in all conditions with minimal crew and with rare need to employ the auxiliary diesel engine.
Yet, J/124’s focus on short-handed sailing qualities doesn’t preclude many days of offshore coastal sailing. Her narrow beam and low center-of-gravity are hallmarks of seaworthiness.
J/124 is a true escape…away from all the trappings and chores of home. Little-used amenities and complex cruising systems are discouraged where possible. But, all the important stuff is there:
An adequate galley and chart table; the accessible top-loading a refrigerator; 6 feet of headroom; three separate sleeping areas; and a cockpit made secure with 14” high backrests and seats that are long enough to sleep on.
The high-tech composite hull evolves from J’s that have dominated IRC competition in Europe over the past three years. The Hall Spars mast and ACC rudder are carbon fiber. If the joy of sailing is a priority…that feel of acceleration and response of a good boat…but you still want to enjoy some overnight comfort on those yacht club cruises, then this is the “J” for you.
The J 124 Paco, is ready to sail away, come and see her in the Marina Village Yacht Harbor.
- New North 3DL Main and Jib Sails July of 2013
- Stack Pack and Jib Cover new 2013
- New Bottom Paint January 2014
- New Batteries: House and Start Oct 2014
Norman Davant mobile: (510) 685-7453; email@example.com
Please contact Norman Davant at 510-523-8500
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Al Johnstone
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 40 ft 9 in
Beam: 11 ft 5 in
LWL: 36 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Displacement: 12600 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 5000 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: 3JH4E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (15 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Paco's interior is beautiful and functional. The main salon offers 6' settees to port and starboard. They are covered in indigo blue Ultrasuede. All bulkheads are elegant cherry wood with double "French Doors" opening to the forward to the forward cabin. These doors not only look great but offer easy access to the fore peak if you choose to store sails there. The forward cabin has a double V-Berth and 2 hanging lockers
The "galley" is located to port where there is a two (2) burner stove top, a large Scandvik deep single stainless sink with hot & cold pressurized water and manual foot pump. There are storage cabinets outboard over the stove counter top. There are also drawers for storage.
To starboard is the Chart Table/Refrigerator with shelves outboard for storage. Aft and to starboard is the head with vanity sink, hot & cold pressurized water, and manual flush head. There is also an access door in the head to a large cockpit locker, "the Garage". Aft and to port is the aft cabin with double bed & hanging locker.
This boat is a beautiful day sailer and a lovely accommodation for weekend stays aboard.
Hull and Deck
- Hull and deck built with patented SCRIMP resin infusion molding process using biaxial hybrid skins and Baltek end-grained balsa core
- SCRIMP molded composite structural grid incorporating keel floors, mast step and longitudinal supports
- 7.0 draft high-lift, low CG lead keel with bulb bonded/bolted to molded sump
- Bow anchor locker with deck hatch suitable for spinnaker storage
- Awlgrip Flag Blue LPU hull with red boot stripe
- Tan non-skid on deck with high traction
- Teak Toe Rail with Chrome Fittings
- Four (4) custom polished mooring chocks and six (6) stainless Herreshoff style mooring cleats.
- Two stainless grab rails on coach roof.
- Double lifelines with bow rail, split stern rail and two lifeline gates.
- Three overhead deck ventilation hatches and five white framed opening ports.
- Spacious cockpit with tall backrests, large cockpit seat locker, propane locker and two lazarette storage lockers.
- Molded stern boarding platform with SS telescoping swim ladder
- Bottom paint January of 2014, Petit Vivid
- New 2013 North 3DL Main with Lazy Jacks and Stack Pack
- New 2013 North 3DL Jib with UV cover
- Antal Slides
- 2006 North 3DL Sails Inventory includes: full battened mainsail; 140% Genoa; 104% RF genoa; .75 oz. Spinnaker; Asymetrical Spinnaker.
Deck Hardware, Rigging and Ground Tackle
- Hall Carbon Mast with Antal Track
- Hall Quick Vang
- Sail Tech Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster
- All Lewmar Winches: 2- 48 ST Primary; 2- 44 ST Halyard; 1-44 STE Electric mainsheet; 1-44 ST Mainsheet
- Harken Furler
- Halyards and reef lines led aft to two Lewmar self-tailing winches on cabin top
- Harken jib sheet system with 4 jib tracks, two foot blocks and two Lewmar self-tailing primary winches
- Euro-style mainsheet system led from mast below decks aft to Lewmar self-tailing mainsheet winches near helm.
- Spinnaker sheet and tack line system including five folding Wichard padeyes and Harken turning blocks.
- Roller furling control line led to cockpit.
- Raymarine 2KW Radar Dome with C120 Chart Plotter and GPS
- Edson 3.5" removable Radar Pole with Questas Gimbaled Radar Mount
- TackTic NM 100 4" Instruments with Electronic Compass, Integrated NEMA Pack, Flush thru-hulls and 7 Displays, 5 on SeaHood at the companionway.
- Sony AM/FM Radio, with CD DVD Player, iPod plus and four (4) high performance Speakers: 2 inside and 2 in the cockpit.
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot with SIG core pack and below-deck RAM w/wireless remote.
- Yanmar 3HJ4E 40 HP with Sail Drive (new 2012) Last engine Service 2012
- 2 Bladed folding Prop
- SeaFrost Refrigeration (upgrade)
- Climate Control: 16,000 BTU Cruise Air Heat-pump split system with optional auxiliary heat so warm when cool, cool when hot. Compressor is located aft, keeping the cabin quiet and vibration free. The A/C vents are located in the main salon and the forward cabin.
Electrical and Plumbing
- 110v Shore Power with cord
- Circuit Breaker Panels for 110V and 12V
- Xantrex Battery Charger
- 3 Gel Pack Batteries: 1 Starting; 2 House
- 6 110V outlets: Head, Galley, Nav Station
- Marine Head
- Hot and Cold pressurized water: Galley and Head
- 16,000 BTU Cruise Air Heat-pump split system
- Force 10 2 Burner Stove Top
- SeaFrost Refrigeration
- Large polished Scandvik Deep Sink with Hot and Cold Pressurized Water with Foot Pump
- Storage Cupboards outboard and above the Stove Top
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Sail California
Berkeley, CA, United States
60' Owen Clarke
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Alameda, CA, United States
Bakewell -White Offshore Cruiser
Alameda, CA, United States
J133 J 133 J/133 J-133
Alameda, CA, United States
Seattle, WA, United States