- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Port Jefferson, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 62,500
Ripple features the Hoyt self tacking Jib boom, Teak toe rail and has been very lightly used.
She has been priced to sell this fall!
Contact Bruce Tait:
O: 631 725 4222
C: 631 871 2481
Please contact Bruce Tait at (631) 725-4222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: J Boats
Designer: Rod Johnstone
Warranty: 10 years
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 32 ft 10 in
Beam: 9 ft 4 in
LWL: 29 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Displacement: 6500 lbs
Ballast: 2500 lbs
Dry Weight: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 15 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar 2GM 20F
Engine Model: Yanmar 2GM 20F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 15 HP
- .Off-white laminated paneling with teak trim
- Port and starboard settee berths
- molded teak trim oval door opening and white door.
- Raritan PH-2 marine head with 14 gal holding tank and
- "Y" valve.
- Teak and holly synthetic high-wear cabin sole.
- Two-tone (beige) molded nonskid floor in head area.
- Teak trimmed backrest outboard of each settee berth.
- Molded sink with overboard drain in head.
- Garmin 3006C GPS/Chartplotter on swing out arm.
- Tacktick MN 100 X 3 Multi function Including wind, depth and speed
- Tiller steering
- Two Harken 40.2STA Radial 2 speed self-tailing primary
- winches mounted on cockpit coaming.
- Spinlock triple sheave deck organizers (P&S).
- Two double Spinlock XTS rope clutches on the cabin top.
- Harken mainsheet traveler track recessed in cockpit seat
- with 4:1 Harken,windward-sheeting traveler control
- Optional full length teak toe-rail.
- Tan sunbrella dodger, mainsail cover and tiller cover
- Optional removable Hoyt Custom Self-Tacking Jib Boom (utilizes
- standard jib cars/tracks/winches). This option deletes
- the standard anchor locker.
- Two Harken 35.2STA Radial 2 speed self-tailing winches
- mounted on cabin trunk.
- Harken ESP mast mounted turning blocks
- One single XTS rope clutch for tack line or jib boom outhaul.
- 6:1/24:1 Harken rough tune/fine tune mainsheet
- system leading to aluminum bracket on centerline fore
- and aft of traveler.
- Optional contrasting Non-Skid Color on deck.
- 2 cylinder Yanmar 15HP diesel saildrive engine.
- Flex-O-Fold geared folding prop.
- Engine instrument panel with tachometer.
- gauge and water, oil pressure alarms in cockpit
- Manual and 12V automatic bilge pumps
Sails, Spar and Rigging
- UK asymetric spinacker
- UK Mailsail
- UK #3 Genoa
- UK #1 Genoa
- Carbon Fiber spinacker pole
- Tapered carbon fiber mast with double airfoil aluminum
- spreaders, main, jib, spin halyard and topping lift
- front of mast, Harken System “A” mainsail luff track;
- mast finished in Awlgrip off-white.
- Rigid boomvang with integral cleating.
- G10 fiberglass mast step with fore/aft adjustment slots
- and SS padeye for through bolt securing of mast to step.
- Aluminum boom with provision for 2 reefs, 6:1 internal
- mainsail outhaul, finished in Awlgrip off-white.
- Continuous rod rigging with turnbuckles.
- Sailtech remote panel hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Harken Unit 0 headsail furler with control leading aft
- Lazy Jacks
IJPE : 478.00 sq ft
I : 38.50 ft
J : 11.50 ft
P : 38.00 ft
E : 13.50 ft
Working Sail Area : 478.00 sq ft
Manufacturer Provided Description
There’s nothing quite like steering a sleek, fast boat with a light touch on the tiller, the stability of a keel below, being close to the water and sliding through waves with barely a wake or whisper. Time’s too precious and the alternatives too numerous to put up with any boat less than what will recapture those simple joys of sailing. J/100 is designed to do just that. The comforts that experienced sailors appreciate are part of the package. A two cylinder inboard saildrive hums along at 6.5 knots like a sewing machine, when you can hear it. Why limit your horizons because the wind might die? There’s a bona fide marine head and even a couple of bunks with an option for a V-berth forward for the occasional overnight. A dodger works to extend the sailing season.<P>If you plan to single-hand the boat or do some relaxed non-spinnaker racing, the Hoyt jib boom shown above works great! Using this system, TERN won what one captain called, “the race from hell”…the 2004 Maine Retired (Age 65+) Skipper’s Race. In dense fog, torrential rain, lightning, and 40 degree windshifts, the J/100 excelled. No need to overwork the crew or have anyone on the foredeck when there’s a self-tacking jib and automatic whisker pole. TERN tacked effortlessly on 10 degree shifts, winning the trophy for the fastest of 38 starters. Five minutes back were larger boats with more crew, big winches and huge genoas.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Bruce Tait & Associates
Sag Harbor, NY, United States
Newport, RI, United States
Hingham, MA, United States
East Hampton, NY, United States
Oyster Bay, NY, United States
East Hampton, NY, United States