2006 Camano Trawler
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Danversport, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 139,000
Fire Escape is a one-owner boat that has been impeccably maintained. Kept in New England and used for the summer seasons, she has lower hours. It's rare to find a Camano in New England so don't miss out! Give us a call to take a closer look at Fire Escape
Call us for more information.
Call for more details - Beth 978 549 7912 or Ross 707 494 5533
Please contact Beth Simkins, CPYB at 978-549-7912
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 31 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 3 in
Displacement: 10000 lbs
Total Power: 200 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 684
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 200 HP
Cruising Speed: 12 knots
Maximum Speed: 18 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (77 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (133 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (15 Gallons)
The Camano 31 had gained a reputation as one of the most seaworthy small vessels ever launched. Designed by Bob Warman in the Troller style of Pacific Northwest fishing boats, to efficiently cruise at 12-15 knots, she features a unique “Keelform” hull that provides excellent tracking and stability. The boat has a low center of gravity with a deep keel and protected running gear. A large rudder and 10” 5 HP bow truster ensure easy handling. In production over 20 years with continuous improvements and upgrades, Fire Escape is hull number 255. There is an active East Coast Owners club, ECCO.
Fire Escape has the very reliable Yanmar 200 HP diesel engine with 2.4:1 reduction gear. There are just over 600 hours on the engine. The engine has been maintained to factory specs.
The Camano 31 is a one stateroom, single head trawler with a large salon and very practical one step-down galley. She easily entertains 6, dines 4 and can sleep 2 comfortably in the stateroom and 2 in the salon. With two helm stations, a large flybridge and great 360 degree visibility, she makes a wonderful one couple or family trawler. A number of ECCO members have completed the Great Loop in their Camanos. Here are some of the unique interior highlights:
- Solid (1”) mahogany and holly flooring
- Beautiful wood wheel at lower helm
- Oceanair hatch screen and sunshade
- Vacuflush toilet system w/tank monitor & macerator pump
- Cruisaire 16,000 BTU air conditioning and heating system
- Single-leg dinette table
- 2 Televisions, salon and v-berth
- AM-FM cd marine stereo with bridge remote and Bose speakers
- Track It TV, antenna tracking system
- Extensive accessible storage added: Salon cabinets with slide out under seating
- Chart rack and books shelf in salon
- Sliding window screens on windows
- Privacy drapes in cabin that provide total salon privacy
- Drawers and storage shelves in salon, kitchen and stateroom
- Excellent engine access with full sound insulation
The galley is one step down from the salon. It is bright and open overhead. An opening, screened port provides ventilation. Storage is abundant under the stainless steel sink, to the left of the counter and under the stove. All appliances are in excellent condition.
- Force 10” 3 burner stove with oven, broiler and thermostat and cutting board.
- 12 volt refrigerator/freezer
- Microwave (new, 1000 watt)
- Large stainless steel sink
- CO detector
- Flying Bridge Station;
Raymarine 12 inch Chart plotter/GPS/Radar/Depth sounder
4 KW Radar
Flush through hull transducer
Man overboard alert
Raymarine auto pilot with wireless remote
VHF radio with AIS (Standard Horizon)
Flow Scan fuel flowmeter (gallons used + gal/hr + miles/gal)
- Lower Station:
Raymarine 8 inch chart plotter with GPS/ Radar/ Depth Sounder
Auto Pilot (wireless remote)
VHF radio (Uniden) with wireless remote
Fuel line vacuum gauge at lower station.
Fire Escape is configured with heavy duty batteries as well as a 3.5 KW diesel generator. The generator is located in the aft section of the engine room and has its own sound box for quiet operation. The electrical panel is on hinges for easy access.
- 12 V and 120 V electric panel including DC ammeter and voltmeter
- (2) battery chargers: 20 amp dual battery charger w/remote panel and 50 amp multi-bank battery charger
- 1800 watt inverter with digital control
- MasterVolt 3.5 KW generator (107 hours)
- 30 amp shore power connection
- 6 GFI protected duplex 110 volt outlets
- 9 double dome lights
- 2 reading lights in berth
- 2 12 volt receptacles
- 50' 30 amp shore power cable
Fire Escape is equipped for serious anchoring with an upgraded windlass, cockpit shower and raw water wash downs on bow and in cockpit.
- Anchor and cockpit raw water wash down
- 3 step swim ladder under swim platform
- Additional SS cleats on transom
- Lofrans Project 1000W windlass (including 300’ 1/2” nylon and 50'- 5/16" chain with stainless steel swivel and 33lb claw anchor)
- Large access door in V-berth area provides access to anchor locker
- Hot and cold fresh water cockpit shower
- Outboard hoist useable from bridge or either side of cockpit
- Cockpit side and rear storage compartments
- Sunbrella bimini provides protection for flybridge area.
- Lines and fenders
Easy accessibility from large salon hatch for engine and generator.
Dual aluminum fuel tanks with ability to select tank usage and return through upgraded fuel return manifold. Switchable dual RACOR fuel filters. Dual plastic water tanks.
Dripless shaft seal with access hatch.
MasterVolt Whisper 3.5 KW diesel generator (107 hrs). Excellent quality and extremely quiet unit operated from digital control panel and selector switch in salon.
The Camano 31 features a well designed standup head with a Vacuflush toilet system. Lots of storage, good ventilation, large sink and shower with a 360 degree curtain.
Large v-berth area comfortable for 6 footers with extra thick cushions, reading lights, side ports with curtains and screens and a large overhead hatch. A deep closet with two hanging rods and two, custom, pull out storage drawers under the berth provide storage. The closet door also acts as a privacy door. The main cooling unit provides comfortable cooling/heating to this area. The hatch above the berth is outfitted with OceanAire blinds for screening or sun protection.
Thanks to the wonderful design by Bob Warman and the meticulous attention to detail by the manufacturer Brad Miller, the CAMANO gathers raves regarding design, accessibility of components and workmanship.
All components are located with easy access for maintenance. There are three bilge pumps located in isolated sections of the hull for safety.
The SeaStar hydraulic steering is virtually maintenance free and very reliable.
Bennett 12x30 trim tabs with dual station controls enable convenient port/starboard and fore/aft leveling
Hull design and running gear
The Camano 31 has gained a reputation as one of the most seaworthy small vessels ever launched. Her “Keelform” design provides efficient cruising at 12 -15 knots.
The hull is solid fiberglass below the waterline and utilizes only vinyl-ester resins.
The keel is reinforced with carbon fiber and features a stainless steel skeg to protect the 20” 4 bladed propeller and rudder.
A combination of 10”, 5hp bow thruster and large rudder provide exceptional control and maneuverable for a single engine vessel.
An excellent series of videos on the Camano, narrated by Jimmy Dick, can be found on youtube.com
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.