2006 Beneteau 473
- View Full Specifications
UPGRADES UPGRADES UPGRADES
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 238,000
NEVER CHARTERED – MANY RECENT UPGRADES & NEW EQUIPMENT
The Beneteau 473 is a well designed sailing yacht that performs as good as she looks. As the name implies - “Sanctuary” is a very well equipped sailing yacht with all the comforts of home.
One of the features of the Beneteau 473 is it’s large comfortable cockpit. What makes this boat even better is the Deluxe custom bimini with full enclosure and custom cockpit cushions with even back cushions. Combined this really enhances this space making for an excellent 3 season outdoor room to lounge and entertain in.
Some of Sanctuaries features and many recent upgrades:
- Upgraded 76HP Yanmar engine – Only 649 hrs.
- $28,000 New ELECTRONICS in 2016 Including: New Garmin touchscreen plotter, New Garmin radar, New autopilot, New Marine Entertainment System – See Nav section for complete details.
- Westerbeke 8KW Genset W/sound shield and dedicated battery – New 2013
- Full cockpit enclosure - New 2013
- Custom cockpit cushions with back cushions – New 2014
- Interior Cushions - New 2013
- Bow Thruster
- All Season Comfort – delivered by Reverse cycle Heat & A/C. And when it s really cold by the Webasto Diesel central heating system.
- Electric head
- Electric halyard winch
- In-mast furling main
In 2017 - Fresh bottom paint - Waxed deck & hull - Polished stainless – Upholstery inside and out cleaned…
Just put her in the water and enjoy this very pampered yacht!
The owners of Sanctuary have really enjoyed sailing her here in the Bay. Their plans have now changed and she is ready for her next owner.
Please contact Sharon and Jack Malatich at (410) 971-1071
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Groupe Finot
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 46 ft 11 in
Beam: 14 ft 2 in
LWL: 43 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 7 in
Displacement: 24277 lbs
Ballast: 8157 lbs
Total Power: 76 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 649
Engine Power: 76 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (222 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (57 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (22 Gallons)
"Sanctuary" has the preferred spacious 2 cabin, 2 head layout and has been meticulously maintained! The interior looks great with the cherry joinery and complimentary light upholstery new in 2013. Reverse cycle heat and air ensure comfort on board and the generator allows you to enjoy this comfort even while away from the dock. If it gets really cold, then the separate Webasto forced hot air heating system will keep you cozy year round. And the full enclosure for the cockpit really extends the cruising season.
The Master Stateroom is forward and has a queen sized berth with a full innerspring mattress. Over the berth are dual adjustable reading lights. On the port side of the berth is a comfortable settee and on the stbd side is a private ensuite head with a separate stall shower. Under the berth are 2 drawers with additional storage fwd of that. More storage is found in the hanging locker and additional storage lockers. There is a large opening hatch plus 3 smaller opening hatches all screened and w/sunshades and exterior canvas covers. This is a very nice sized stateroom with lots of floor space, light and ventilation.
The ensuite master head is quite roomy with a separate shower compartment and an opening hatch. The head has an electric macerator system. The stall shower has a drain sump and custom teak grating.
The salon is spacious with an abundance of light from the panoramic windows forward. There is a large U-shaped settee with a bench seat inboard for additional seating around the table. On the port side is a settee for even more seating. The upholstery was replaced in 2013 and looks great. Storage is found under the bench seat and more in outboard cabinets. Plenty of ventilation is found with 4 opening hatches and 2 opening portlights.
Aft of the salon on the port is a forward facing nav station. More on this below under "Nav and electronics."
The 2nd head is conveniently located at the base of the companionway on the port side. This head is used as both the day head and the guest head.
The aft stateroom is located on the port side and has a large berth approx. 6'10" long by 5' wide.
The galley is located on the starboard side at the base of the companionway. More on that below. Aft of the galley is a walk-in locker that may be used for a pantry, workshop, storage or washer/dryer.
- Cruise Air reverse cycle Heat/Air (2 zone)
- Webasto diesel heating system will keep her warm, dry and toasty even throughout the winter.
- 12Volt Hella Fans
- Halogen overhead lighting
- Sharp Flatscreen TV w/12 Volt DVD Player
- Hinckley Hoop TV Antenna
Electric Toilet in Forward Head
(2) Macerator Pumps for Holding Tanks (Factory Option)
- Carbon monoxide detectors in salon and cabins (NEW 2013)
A great L-shaped galley is conveniently located at the base of the companionway on the starboard side. There is ample working counter space and dry storage for flatware, pots, and pans. Aft of the galley is a large walk-in pantry locker.
- Adler Barbour Refrigeration System w/Top Loading Freezer & Front Loading Refrigerator
- Force-10 3 Burner Gimbaled Stainless Steel Propane Stove w/Oven
- Microwave Oven
- Double Stainless Steel Sinks
- Hot & Cold Pressurized Fresh
NAV & ELECTRONICS
The nav area is on the port side with a comfortable seat and a large chart table with good storage inside. Additional storage is found under the nav seat and chart table.
The electronics have been upgraded with a new state of the art Garmin package at a cost of $28,000.
- UD750 Color Display Marine Entertainment System W/Unidock (New 2016)
- Garmin 7610 touchscreen plotter at port helm and navigation station (New 2016)
- Garmin GMR 18XHD Radar (New 2016)
- Garmin autopilot head at port helm (New 2016)
- GMI 20 Marine Instrument Display 1 at port helm, 1 at starboard helm, 1 at navigation station (New 2016)
- GHP Reactor Mechanical/solenoid retrofit to convert autopilot drive to Garmin (New 2016)
- GRF Rudder Feedback Sensor (New 2016)
- M424G Fixed Mount VHF Maine Transceiver w/built in GPS, new antenna and cable (New 2016)
- Command Mic IV at port helm (New 2016)
- Wind transducer, GND 10 DST800 thru hull smart transducer and cabling (New 2016)
- AIS MOB alarm unit at chart table
- Radar reflector fitted on mast
- Twin binnacle helm compasses
The touchless plotters can be linked via wi-fi with an iPad, iPhone, or Samsung Phone to control all functions including the autopilot and stereo from anywhere on the boat. The HD radar provides incredibly sharp images and is a snap to use in overlay mode on the chart plotter. The plotters have a route planning feature that can compute a safe route from a start point to an end point using all available boat and chart data at the touch of a button. The chart plotters also have many “smart” modes built in for racing, sailing, and cruising. The GMI 20 displays can act as individual displays for an instrument on the boat (wind, depth, speed, heading) or display a combination of up to 4 streams of data. The stereo is integrated with the chart plotter so it can be controlled from the helm or any linked device. It has Bluetooth and IPod Integration.
ENGINE and ELECTRICAL
"Sanctuary" has the optional upgraded engine with a 76hp Yanmar rather than the standard 55 hp engine. It drives a ZF gear and the prop exits the boat via a dripless style gland. The engine has been professionally maintained and is VERY clean! There is excellent access to the engine room through lifting the companionway stairs or from two side access panels in the guest staterooms. There is also access to the steering quadrant from the cockpit lazarette.
- Yanmar 76hp - 649 hours
- Westerbeke 8kw Generator w/soundshield (NEW 2013)
- AGM batteries: 2 house, 1 engine, 1 bow thruster (all NEW 2014)
- Balmar high output alternator w regulator
- Heart 2000w Inverter/Charger w/Link Monitor/Control
- Vetus waterlock
- Thumb-screw cover to impeller pump
- Racor 500MA fuel filter
- 110v AC Shore Power System w/(2) Circuit Breaker Panels
- (2) 50' Shore Power Cords
- Grounded Rig
- AC Hot Water Heater w/ engine exchange
- Rule electric bilge pump
SAILS & RIGGING
Whether you wish to go racing or cruise with the family, this boat is for you. Easy to sail with furling main, furling genoa and an electric winch. Twin steering stations allow for great visibility and ease of handling.
- Inmast Furling Mainsail
- Roller Furling Genoa
- Profurl Jib Furler
- Lewmar 64ST primary winches (Factory Upgrade)
- Port side cabin top electric winch
- Sparcraft Rigid Boom Vang
- All Lines Led Aft to Cockpit
DECK & EQUIPMENT
"Sanctuary" has just been fully detailed inside and out for the Spring. She is currently on the hard, is easy to been seen and ready to be launched!
The deck is equipped with ample handrails, wide walkways and a resilient non-skid surface for easy and safe movement while underway. Forward is a dual anchor roller with an electric windlass hidden out of the way in the anchor locker.
The cockpit is extremely large and very comfortable. In the center is a very nice wood table with 2 folding leaves. With the amazing custom enclosure and luxurious custom cockpit cushions with back cushions, this area becomes another room where you will want to spend a lot of time. A great place for lounging or elegant entertaining. In the cockpit are large storage lockers to port and starboard. The starboard locker provides great access to the generator and additional storage – also accessible from the galley. There is also a separate propane storage locker w/2 tanks. Aft, are twin steering helms with the wheels wrapped in leather. Behind the cockpit is a custom stainless arch that serves to mount antennas and a robust davits system.
The transom has a nice sized swim platform with teak inlays, a cockpit shower and a hinged transom door. There is also a storage locker and a swim ladder which conveniently folds up when not in use. As well as dual 30 AMP receptacles for shore power.
Additional features and equipment:
- Hull and cabin top waxed (Spring 2017)
- Bottom painted (Spring 2017)
- Deluxe full cockpit enclosure w/tan interior for brightness (NEW 2013)
- Deluxe custom cockpit cushions w/back cushions (NEW 2013. Steam cleaned 2017)
- Custom hatch covers (NEW 2013)
- Bow Thruster (Factory Option)
- Lewmar Electric Windlass
- S/S Stemhead w/Dual Anchor Rollers
- Delta 44lb plow anchor w/75 feet of 3/8” 3B chain and approximately 140’ of nylon Rode
- CQR Anchor w/ stainless swivel to chain leader to rode
- Self Bailing Anchor Locker
- Deck wash system
- Rub Rails
- Double Lifelines w/Port & Starboard Gates
- (2) Dorade Vents w/SS Vent Guards
- (4) S/S Handrails on Coachroof
- (6) Folding Deck Pad Eyes
- Twin Steering Stations w/Leather Wrapped S/S Wheels
- Optional Radar Arch used as dinghy davit
- Swim Platform w/S/S Swim Ladder
- Hot & Cold Cockpit Shower
- CG Safety Equipment & Anchoring Gear
- Fenders and Docklines
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Rock Hall, MD, United States