- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Vancouver, BC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- Can$ 175,000 (US$ 131,898)
Very well equipped, this Bavaria 42 Cruiser is a proven long distance cruising yacht, ready for voyaging, near or far!
Features include premium in-mast furling main with vertical battens, a walk-through transom, full electronics, La Fabrica dodger and bimini, cruising chute, Espar heat, solar panels, wind generator, Zodiac with outboard... Never chartered or raced.
To view this vessel or for additional information, please contact David Worland, CPYB at (604) 687-8943 or (604) 787-7719. Available seven days a week.
Please contact David Worland at 604-687-8943
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Bavaria Yachts
Designer: J&J Design Group
Flag of Registry: Canada
LOA: 42 ft 7 in
Beam: 13 ft 1 in
LWL: 37 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 10 in
Displacement: 20282 lbs
Ballast: 6614 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 58 ft 9 in
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: D2-55
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2500
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 55 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (95 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (55 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Bavaria Yachts is able to balance cost-conscientious innovative building methods, with the production of beautiful yachts that are extremely well-constructed. And they are designed for ease of maintenance, and of course, spirited yet user-friendly sailing!
We've sailed these boats and been to the yard and can attest to this dichotomy first-hand! Hand-laid fiberglass construction, which is solid below the waterline, double thick along the centerline, sandwich laminate core above the waterline and in the decks result in a strong, stiff yacht. Teak decks (applied with adhesive - no screws) with appropriately placed non-skid fiberglass.
August Moon is a proven offshore cruising veteran. She was delivered new to her first owner in Vancouver in 2006, then in 2010, to another Vancouver couple who cruised her to Mexico, Panama, the San Blas Islands and back. She returned from her offshore adventurers around 18 months ago, and the owners are ready to downsize and cruise closer to home.
Throughout "August Moon"
Cabinetry and bulkheads throughout are solid and veneered mahogany, with a beautiful, protective varnished finish that continues to stand the test of time. Floors are marine grade plywood with a synthetic teak and holly look for low maintenance, and durability.
August Moon is a great yacht for a cruising family. She is easy to manage for confident couple's cruising with plenty of room for visiting kids or other cruising guests.
There is ample entertaining space, abundant storage, tremendous natural light, and plenty of opening port lights and hatches.
This is a three cabin, two head layout. The entire yacht is bright and open, finished in varnished mahogany with plenty of natural light and ventilation through numerous windows, opening ports and hatches.
The owner's cabin is forward with an en suite head and shower. Storage cabinets and shelves line the sides. More storage below the berth, and in the hanging locker and under the settee.
Aft, port and starboard, are two well-sized guest cabins, mirrors to each other. Each cabin features a large double berth, an opening port light, and a good amount of storage with hanging lockers, cupboards drawers and shelves.
The guest head is to port, with a basin with storage, a manual marine toilet, and shower stall with a seat.
Descend to the main salon from the cockpit down five broad stairs. Up to six can easily gather around the dining table to starboard, surrounded by a plush U-shaped settee and an upholstered bench. There is storage under all the seating, and helpful hand rails and grab holds are located where needed.
Natural light floods the space via two overhead skylights, the companionway, a deck hatch and opening port lights.
- stereo system
- headroom throughout the vessel ranges from 6' 4" to 6' 8"
The galley is to port with lots of storage, task lighting and two port lights; one opening for ventilation, one fixed.
double stainless steel sinks
two-burner gimballed propane stove with oven
top-loading 12V refrigerator
separate 12V front-loading refrigerator / freezer
The forward facing nav station is in a dedicated space to starboard, at the base of the companionway. There is room for a chart, there are numerous storage lockers and shelves, and storage under the nav seat.
Here also is the AC / DC electrical panel, battery switches, battery monitor, Espar heat controller, radios, and instruments.
Boarding is a breeze with a walk-though transom, and port and starboard side gates. Movement throughout the cockpit and to the foredeck is safe and trouble free with wide, well-designed side decks.
- twin steering station with leather-wrapped wheels
- large teak cockpit table with drink locker
- 6 mooring cleats
- electric windlass
- 165' chain rode with 22 kg anchor
- walk-through transom
- double lifelines with port, starboard and aft gates
- captain's locker under helm seat
- two huge cockpit lockers
- custom La Fabrica dodger and bimini with connector piece on stainless steel frame
- matching cockpit table cover
- Inflatable dinghy and 6hp outboard
- outboard motor lifting davit
- hot and cold cockpit shower
- stainless steel emergency tiller
- fenders and mooring lines
- cockpit cushions
Sails and Rigging
With the upgraded sail package, August Moon is set up with the best of both worlds: spirited sailing performance combined with remarkable convenience. The "premium" means a better quality cloth with vertical battens, giving a higher roach for more sail area and better sail shape, compared to standard furling mains. You will sail more and motor less with this yacht!
- Elvstrom premium in-mast furling mainsail with vertical battens and UV protection
- Elvstrom 135% furling genoa
- Quantum assymetrical cruising chute with ATN snuffer
- check stays and running backs
- two self-tailing Lewmar primary winches (port is electric)
- two self-tailing Lewmar secondary spinn winches
- two self-tailing Lewmar coachroof working winches
- Rutgerson genoa cars, with control lines led aft, rigged to be adjustable while under load
- double spreader Selden spar
- Furlex headsail furling
- Selden rigid vang
- All controls led aft to cockpit through sheet stoppers and rope clutches
- adjustable backstay
Electronics and Navigation
- Standard Horizon Quest VHF at nav station with full-functioning remote at helm
- Raymarine ST 60 Tridata (speed, depth log) at helm
- SSB radio with email modem
- Raymarine ST 60 Wind System at helm (true and apparent wind speed and direction)
- Raymarine ST 60 Multi at nav station
- Raymarine C80 colour GPS chartplotter / radar at helm
- 2kW mast-mounted Raydome
- Raymarine ST 6001+ autopilot with S100 wireless remote
- two 140 Amp-hour house batteries
- dedicated engine battery
- Link 10 battery monitor
- 25 Amp 110V battery charger
- 135 Amp alternator
- 50' 30 Amp shorepower cord
- wind generator
- solar panels
- galvanic isolator
Engine and Mechanical
The stairs lift up on hydraulic rams to reveal the compact, and clean diesel engine.
Access for daily checks or for more comprehensive service is achieved by the opening stairs, port and starboard opening panels, and aft, under the berths. All areas of the engine are reached with ease.
All tanks, pumps, batteries, chargers, wiring, and other systems have been thoughtfully installed for uncomplicated access and service.
- 55 hp Volvo D2-55 diesel with saildrive
- single lever gear and throttle control
- Approximately 2500 engine hours as of November, 2016
- Espar hydronic heat system with fan controls in each cabin and domestic hot water cross-over switch
- each shower has as a dedicated sump and pump
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Grand Yachts Inc.
Sidney, BC, Canada
Vancouver, BC, Canada
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Vancouver, BC, Canada