2006 Back Cove 29
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Groton, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 159,000
New listing. Well maintained example of this popular model. Recent work completed:
Stripped bottom to gelcoat, sanded, repaired any imperfections. Barrier coated, Interlux Interprotect system. Bottom painted, Trilux 33.
Added new emergency bilge pump aft, high capacity, with alarm on dash.
Varnish stripped to bare wood and refinished.
New engine start battery, Northstar Group 31 AGM.
New forward bilge pump to replace same that was malfunctioning.
New Isotherm refrigerator, low amp draw, stainless drawer style.
New house batteries, Northstar Group 31 AGM (2).
Cockpit/Deck shower upgraded 'euro' style stainless unit, Scandvik.
Macerator pump replaced with whale gusher, new hosing. Head and hoses cleaned with Raritan CH system.
New hose on air horn.
Table refinished with high gloss polyurethane.
New wiper blades, Marinco.
Hinges switched to stainless steel.
Please go to "Full Specs" for details.
Listing Broker-Ken Petzold
Please contact Ken Petzold at (860) 342-1196
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Deep Vee
LOA: 29 ft 6 in
Beam: 10 ft 5 in
Minimum Draft: 2 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 10000 lbs
Total Power: 310 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: D6
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 476
Engine Power: 310 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Manufacturer Provided Description
The style of the Down East lobster boat has been closely associated with Maine's proud boat building heritage. The Back Cove 29 is a most recent example of everything that makes the Down East lobster boat a work of art. She has a traditional spoon bow and her transom is gently sloped: a style that will turn heads in any harbor she enters.
Below the surface she is modern and contemporary. A deep-vee hull with prop recess and standard trim tabs offers comfort and performance. With the her 310 horsepower, 6 cylinder diesel engine, she reaches a top end of 29 knots and will cruise very comfortably in the mid 20's. Around the docks, you will appreciate the maneuverability provided by her standard bow thruster.
With a Hard Top, the Back Cove 29 is practical and beautiful. She is a delight to drive and a joy to behold.
The interior of the Back Cove 29 is spacious, airy, practical. Her finely crafted American Cherry furniture is warm, inviting, and a source of pride for her owners. Her cabin sole is traditional teak and holly, and varnished ash is used to line the hull sides above the settees.
The galley is complete and includes an alcohol/electric stove and microwave oven. A spacious fridge is installed under the counter, and the stainless steel sink offers hot and cold pressure water. A drawer, lockers and shelves are provided for the ship's stores.
The salon is perfect for entertaining and relaxing at the end of the day. A large deck hatch overhead and three opening ports in the house provide plenty of natural ventilation into the salon. Her finely crafted cherry table with maple inlay lowers down to fill the space between the settees. Cushion inserts for the berth are conveniently stored below the forward part of the settee. The berth is a very spacious 60 inches wide at the aft end and almost 7 feet in length. Headroom in the salon is 6'3".
The fully enclosed head and shower are aft and to starboard, enclosed behind a gracefully curved, cherry bulkhead. The head unit has a full fiberglass liner for ease of maintenance. The MSD is fresh water flushed to eliminate head odors. A macerator pump is provided for waste disposal. solid surface material is used on the counter top and the sink faucet extends to be used as a shower head. The head unit is ventilated to the exterior.
- Cherry interior
- Dinette with backrest cushions
- Hi Lo table with inlay
- V berth with filler cushion
- Shelves above berth
- Cedar lined hanging locker
- Reading lights in dinette/ berth area
- Ash hull ceiling
- Varnished teak and holly sole
- Overhead lighting
- (3) Stainless steel opening ports with screens
- Stereo system with CD and interior/cockpit speakers with wired remote
- Storage under Dinette and forward berth
- AC and DC control panel with polarity indicator
- DC system battery management switching
- DC breakers for electronics
- 110VAC 30 amp shorepower with 50 foot cord set
- galvanic isolator
- AC to DC converter/ charger, 40amp
- (2) 31 DCM house batteries
- (1) 31 engine start battery
- (2) 12VDC bilge pumps
- 12V outlet at helm
- Bonding system w/ zinc anode
- Cockpit courtesy lights
- GFI protected 110V circuits
- Origo Alcohol/ 110V single burner stove
- Front opening AC/DC fridge with freezer compartment
- Galley sink with single lever faucet and drop in cover
- Solid surface countertop
- Countertop cabinet
- Microwave built into cabinet
- Drawer and doors below counter
- Single lever engine control
- Engine control panel with alarms and hour meter
- Emergency cross over switch
- Internal sea strainer
- Fuel Filter
- Engine room light
- 1.5" Aquamet shaft
- 4 Blade bronze propeller
- Dripless shaft log
- Electric Trim tabs
- Tilting helm pump driven hydraulic steering
- Hot and Cold pressurized water (110V and engine heated)
- SidePower bow thruster with joy stick control
- Marelon sea valves on underwater thru hulls
- Welded aluminum 150 gallon fuel tank with 2" fill
- Fireboy extinguisher system
- Macerator with overboard discharge
- Advanced prop pocket hull design
- Back Cove white iso-npg gelcoat
- Vinylester backup resin
- Vacuum bagged divynicell core in running surfaces
- Multiaxial E glass reinforcement
- Awl-grip boot top
- Encapsulated foam stringers
- Molded in contrasting anti-skid on walk surface
- Port and starboard molded steps leading to side and fore deck
- teak accent stripe
- Lewmar #44 hatch in main salon with screen
- (4) Schmidt opening Port lights with screens
- Clear anodized aluminum windshield with side vent panels and integral handrails
- (3) Windshield wipers
- Compass, illuminated
- Running lights
- Anchor locker
- SS anchor roller
- Mooring cleats with skene chocks forward, aft and spring line cleats
- Custom 1" 316L stainless steel bow rail
- Todd captain helm seat
- L Settee to port with backrest
- Swim platform and swim ladder
- Cockpit shower
- self bailing cockpit
- Volvo D6 310HP diesel engine
- Back Cove blue hull gelcoat
- Hardtop with center opening window
- Ignition protected stern thruster
- Anchor windlass
- Oil changing system
- Below deck air conditioning, 9,000 BTU reverse cycle
- Mast for hardtop
- Dinghy davits
- Canvas drop curtain
Raymarine E80 GPS/Plotter/Radar
Raymarine ST60+ Tridata
Raymarine ST6002 autopilot
Ray 240 VHF
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from PETZOLD'S MARINE CENTER
37 Hardtop Express
WAKEFIELD, RI, United States