- View Full Specifications
Lightly Used, Freshwater
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 449,000
MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION
FRESHWATER BOAT MOST OF ITS LIFE...
THIS VALIANT 50 IS EXTREMELY LIGHTLY USED AND IS IN WONDERFUL TURN KEY GO NOW CONDITION. SHE'S THE ULTIMATE ALL OCEAN SUV.
An amazing opportunity presents itself! This is the only Valiant 50 built with the centerline queen island berth! PLUS most of her life, she has lived in freshwater. If you have been mourning the end of production of new boats by one of the greatest boat builders ever…if you were always going to buy one…you need to act now!
You already know that the Valiant is legendary. This is the standard against which blue water boats are measured. More cruising couples and solo sailors have chosen Valiant than any other sailing vessel. The Valiant 50 was designed by Robert Perry in 1997 based on a modernization of his design of the Valiant 47 made famous by several solo circumnavigations and it has proven itself to be a particularly stiff and dry boat. As you read all the details in the full specs, we have tried to do justice to this incredible Valiant 50. Timrod, as she is called, is one of the last Valiants built, and she is a very special Valiant!
The owners who are experienced lifelong sailors commissioned this Valiant 50 after years searching for the right sailing vessel to meet their detailed and thoroughly considered requirements for safety, sailing performance and livability. They inspected dozens of high quality vessels and researched many of the world’s best builders, literally spending years in the process while conducting inspections of boatbuilders’ factories in the USA and Europe before selecting Valiant to construct their dreamboat!
Valiant Yachts, in continuous production for 35 years, was a very agreeable and high quality builder that offered many options and opportunities for customization. The semi custom build philosophy allowed owners to get pretty much everything they wanted especially on the interior layout and cabinetry. The owners of Timrod worked closely with the factory throughout the build process so that they could design large and small details that make thisr Valiant 50 uniquely beautiful and utterly comfortable for a cruising couple. They remained involved throughout the build process and were able to specify nuanced details that resulted in the most beautiful Valiant 50 ever completed.
Timrod is the only Valiant with a beautiful island queen berth forward! This layout is modern and sought after and it worked extremely well. The owner’s forward cabin is spacious with an island style queen berth, beautiful cabinetry and drawers, and with a vanity and sink as well as strategically placed mirrors. The couple who built this Valiant did not compromise on their vision to make the boat everything they had hoped she could be. The result is an incredibly beautiful vessel with a refined interior with beautiful wraparound settees with cherry armrests and details that transform this robustly stout no nonsense all ocean SUV into a Yacht with a refined character and lovely sumptuous interior. They thought of everything from the completely new owner’s stateroom with queen island style berth to the details of refined elegance like the cherry battens covering the hull sides instead of ash and the cherry mast enclosure, and cherry screens, and beautiful ambient lighting that adds so much elegance. You really must see this lovely vessel to completely understand the difference between this Valiant 50 Timrod and her sisterships.
But beauty was not the only consideration; the owners designed their Valiant to be capable of long distance cruising in comfort. Electrical systems were designed to be fully functional when ‘off the grid” and are able to operate from theextra large 12 volt battery bank that minimizes generator run-timethe two 100 amp alternators rapidly recharge the battery bank from either shore power or the generator which also can be used to run the air conditioning at anchor. The engine alternator is huge, 165 amps! And there is also a high output wind generator for added power. The Westerbeke diesel is a big upgrade to 82hp instead of the standard 64hp, which means this vessel is never underpowered no matter the sea state and offers fuel efficient cruising at relaxed engine speeds. And remember that first and foremost Timrod is a sailing vessel designed to sail fast and comfortably with high quality Spectra sail cloth.
While Valiant builds every boat to robust and exacting standards, each new owner can specify details and customize the boat. Many new owners do not have experience to plan ahead, but because these owners had spent years searching and planning, they really were able to consider everything!
Highlights of the factory options and upgrades include:
- Upgraded Westerbeke 82A instead of standard 64A diesel
- Upgraded Westerbeke 8kw generator with Vernalift dual stage quiet muffler
- Upgraded fuel capacity with extra 45 gallon tank
- Flex of Fold – folding prop
- Dual Racor filters with vacuum gauge
- Oil change pump
- WEMA tank gauges
- Hurricane Heater – Stainless steel heating system for inside heat from the diese orfrom the Westerbeke 82B main engine
- Air-conditioning – twin Cruisair reverse cycle heat and a/c
- Spectra Catalina 300 water maker with automatic fresh water flush
- Electrical Upgrades include dual 100 amp chargers for fast charging of 840 amp battery bank, Link 20 monitor, high output 165 amp alternator, and KISS wind generator
- Comprehensive integrated electronics with NMEA 0183 bus
- Comprehensive safety equipment with everything from life raft to special connection point for storm ground tackle
- Upgraded Quantum Sails – Dimension Hydra Net 380 Spectra
- Upgraded rigging – electric winch, cockpit adjustable genoa cars, cockpit reefing system
- Valiant hard dodger, radar arch, dinghy davits, custom swim step
- Anchoring system with proper ground tackle and windlass control at the helm and foredeck
- Fresh and saltwater hose connections on the foredeck for anchor and chain cleaning or deck washdown
- Custom forepeak sail locker accessed from deck hatch or from the forward cabin
- Custom Owner’s stateroom forward with island queen berth, vanity and additional storage
- Custom cabinetry in the galley with “Chef height” 38” counters and custom dish and glass storage
- Tecma Silence Plus electric toilet
- Oversize 30” stall shower
- Renewed bottom 2013 removing all the old bottom paint for a baby smooth bottom!
- The owner has maintained the Valiant Yachts lifetime hull warranty (transferrable to the new owner) with biennial survey inspections and also has a warranty from Osprey Marine until July 2018 which automatically transfers to the new owner.
It is truly an honor to offer this very special Valiant 50 to the world. For 35 years, Valiant Yachts remained in constant production building one of the world’s very best boats. When you see this boat, you will surely know why. Call us. We love to talk about the wonder of this one of a kind Valiant 50.
Please call any time to talk about this boat. Reach me, Bernie Jakits, on my cell at 443 742 1792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RogueWave Yacht Sales is Your Choice for Blue Water Boats. Especially Valiants! Until Valiant stopped building in 2011, we were the Mid Atlantice Dealer. We have personally owned two of them and have sold more than half of of ALL Valiants that have come onto the brokerage market in the last 15 years! We are a unique brokerage and consulting firm specializing in ocean capable vessels of quality and substance. We take great pride in helping you get into the right boat! Call us to discuss your sailing vision!
Call Kate or Bernie at anytime, call now. 410 571-2955. Email Bernie@roguewaveyachtsales.com
Please contact Bernie Jakits at 443 742 1792
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Valiant Yachts
Designer: Robert H. Perry
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
LWL: 40 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 3 in
Displacement: 35500 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 11000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 10 in
Dry Weight: 35500 lbs
Total Power: 82 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: 82A
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 82 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (207 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (200 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Plastic (40 Gallons)
Timrod is a special luxurious Valiant 50 and a spacious two-stateroom vessel built to order with owner specified options to make it a perfect cruising home. As you come down the companionway there is a large comfortable aft cabin to port with the large head and extra large stall shower to starboard. The countertop is Corian and the sink is undermounted for cleanliness. Access to the dedicated mechanicals space is through the head on the starboard side and also behind the companionway stairs. All the mechanicals live in one dedicated space with really good access. Moving forward, there is a truly magnificent galley to port with upgraded Corian counters and all amenities with the famous Valiant pantry. The sit down forward facing navigation station and ships office is adjacent the galley to starboard. Just forward the main salon is spacious and comfortable with custom wrap around elegant settees port and starboard with cherry armrests. The cherry mast enclosure adds to the finished appearance of elegance as well as the beautiful cherry wood screens on the hatches and the upgraded lighting. Where most boats have ash battens on the hull sides, this Valiant has beautiful cherry battens, rich and sumptuous. The chain plates have cherry wood covers so the whole effect is rather more stately. Another special feature in the salon is the custom gametable/storage unit in the center of the starboard settee effectively creating two lounge chairs with a cocktail table between! It offers storage for games, books, paperwork or anything else and of course it is easily removable to make the settee a full sleeping berth. The Ultra leather upholstery is elegant and the whole effect is pleasing yacht quality.
Forward of the main bulkhead is the beautiful owner’s cabin with the island queen berth, beautiful cabinetry, and a sink and vanity. Timrod is the only Valiant built with this gorgeous stateroom.
While the Valiant is built all ocean strength, you will admire the refined workmanship equal to any of the finest yachts money can buy. Quality and craftsmanship are demonstrated in everything from the cabin sole, to the joinery, to the furniture and fixtures. The interior is American Cherry wood with a hand rubbed oil finish that is lovely and easy to maintain and it grows more and more beautiful with every year. The centerline drop-leaf table is all cherry wood! No Formica. The cabin sole is teak inlaid with basswood strips coated with satin Varathane. The beautiful interior woodwork includes the bulkheads, cabinetry, and the doors, and drawers, and trim. The drawers are solid Cherry faced with Cedar bottoms and beautiful dovetailed corners and roll out on easy going slides. The lockers have courtesy lights that come on when you open the door. Cream Formica is used in all ceiling panels creating a light, refreshing counterpoint to the warmth of the woodwork. The Cherry battens line the hull sides warmly glow with rich warm finish. The cabin interior is spacious, bright and airy with the many opening ports and hatches. At night the cabin lighting provided with upgraded lights and reading lamps at the settees and the berths creates a warm homey ambiance.
It’s lovely and even more impressive is its robust character of strength and endurance of a Valiant. Everywhere you look you will see evidence of Valiant toughness. As you observe the robust construction of a Valiant her toughness will be confirmed the very first time you pick up a locking floorboard. While "overbuilt"is the word that comes to mind, how can you “over build” a boat for the oceans! Valiant's overbuilt toughness gives one great confidence. In fact some of us just really want to go to sea in one of the world’s strongest boats. All the cabinets and lockers securely lock with one hand. The floorboards lock down. The secure all ocean Hood stainless steel opening ports and the Lewmar Ocean Series deck hatches provide wonderful light and ventilation and you can see they are tough enough for the ocean.
Owner’s Center Island Queen Stateroom
At anchor, the owner’s stateroom is the one of a kind island queen berth cabin forward! It is modern and popular because it just makes so much more sense than climbing into a V-berth. And remember the owners were not about to compromise comfort and amenities. Of course there is a custom innerspring mattress with fitted sheets and matching duvet mattress cover and pillow shams. There are cherry battens lining the hull sides and a custom fabric covered bolster to complete the effect of civilized life aboard. There are also four large drawers under the island berth together with additional clothing storage in port and starboard cabinets. The stainless steel sink with Scandvik faucet installed in a custom vanity with Corian counter and amazing storage cabinet for “her” special things. Finally, there is a beautiful hinged, swing out cherry framed mirror on bulkhead and full length mirror on stateroom door. There is lovely lighting and also a 110v outlet for your hair dryer. Seriously, you can get dressed up for a yacht club party and never feel like you are living on a boat. Well, she is a yacht.
The Galley Details
The Valiant classic U shaped galley to port is considered one of the best galleys on any boat. The galley wraps around with the sink centerline at the bulkhead under mounted to be inset in the Corian. The Grohe Lady Lux faucet has a spray head of course. There is with storage below and a big cabinet above. There is deep storage outboard of the sinks. The ample counters are upgraded to Corian with a six-inch backsplash. The counter height is just a tad higher at the optimal ‘chef’ height of 38 inches. On the port side, the stove was upgraded to a Force 10 three-burner stove with oven, and built in dish storage and storage behind it. The large refrigerator and separate freezer are designed to run off the ample battery bank and the freezer makes ice cubes of course. The installed microwave is outboard of the freezer. One of the most impressive elements of the Valiant galley is the pantry with pull out shelves but of course Timrod takes galley amenities to a new level with the custom dish and glass cabinets. The chef had a lot to say about this galley and the factory was all too happy to make it perfect. You just have to see this.
- Upgraded cabinetry and Corian
- Force 10 propane three-burner stove with oven and broiler with solenoid switch
- Well insulated refrigerator with Sea Frost DC5000 12v triple cold plate refrigeration system (air cooled)
- Separate freezer with two large cold plates
- Pressure water system
- Filtered Seagull water system for drinking water
- Hot Water heater from 110v, propulsion engine, and Hurricane Heater
- Manual foot pump for fresh water
- Manual foot pump for sea water
- Double deep and large stainless sinks amid ship
- The Corian counters are 38” high
- Under mounted stainless steel sink with a Corian backsplash
- Ample storage for everything
- Custom dish and glass cabinets
- Custom pot and pan cabinet
- Four roll out drawers
- Trash bin that rolls out
- The fantastic Valiant pantry with the four large roll out storage bins
- Liquor storage in the table center
- Two 20lb aluminum Worthington tanks
- Propane pressure gauge withsolenoid at the tank and on/off switch in galley
- Vented dual propane stern lockers hold one tank in each locker
- Wonderful water capacity with 210 gallons in two tanks, under settees, not in the bilge
- Tank gauges
- Spectra Catalina 300 watermaker installed under the forward berth easily accessible, with MPC-3000 controller at the navigation station
- PAR pressure water pump
- Single large head at the companionway aft to starboard at the companionway
- Stainless steel sink with Corian counters and cherry cabinetry
- Tecma Silence Plus electric toilet that is super powerful and clean and easy to maintain
- Extra large 30” stall shower with a seat bench and Scandvik faucet
- Whale Gulper pump sends shower water overboard instead of a shower sump
- Custom bar in the shower to hang gear and a wet locker outboard with a drain
- Diverter valve for direct overboard pump toilet discharge or to 40 gallon holding tank
- Macerator pump for offshore discharge as well as deck pump out inshore
- Clothes hamper storage locker
- Cockpit shower hot and cold
Navigation and Communications Systems
The Valiant 50 has a wonderful navigation station that is your ship's office. The electrical panel and all the monitoring systems are right there, all in one place, in the ship's office. The large chart table is entirely finished in cherry wood. The cabinetry is customized for the instruments and easily modified when things change. There is storage in the chart table, outboard, under the nav seat and in a large cabinet under the forward part of the chart table. The navigation system is configured with the best Furuno NavNet Radar/Chartplotter, SSB, and VHF at the nav and sailing instruments at the helm all integrated through NMEA 0183 to maximize functionality.
Comprehensive navigation and communications at the helm station and at the nav station down below.
- Furuno 1833C – 4KW 36 mile radar dome mast-mounted
- Furuno NavNet 10” LCD color Radar/Chartplotter display in a Nav pod at the helm
- Furuno 1900C NavNet Radar/ Chartplotter display at the Nav station
- Furuno GPS antennas for each chartplotter mounted on radar arch
- Navionics chart chips covering the U.S. East coast from Maine to the Bahamas
- Raymarine ST6001 S3G Hydraulic linear autopilot with Nav pod and remote control
- Raymarine ST60 Multi-data and autopilot controls in nNav pod at helm
- Raymarine ST60 wind, speed and depth instruments in mounted Nav pod above the companionway slider
- Icom M802 SSB radio with Icom AT-140 automatic antenna tuner and backstay antenna, Ham radio frequencies enabled
- Airmail/Sailmail PTC-II Pro with pactor III license installed for email and weather downloads using SSB radio
- Icom M602 VHF with standard mic at nav station with Icom full function combination mic and speaker installed in the starboard cockpit coaming
- Speco hailer with automatic fog horn mounted on the mast under the radome
- 110V and 12V Electrical panels at the nav station
- Aiwa AM/FM/CD Sirius radio with Vienna Acoustics high performance speakers.
- WEMA gauges for the fuel and water tanks.
- Separate gauge for holding tank.
When it comes to systems installation, the build quality of Valiant Yachts is evident. Everything on this boat is well thought out with consideration of future maintenance. The engine room houses the Westerbeke 82 HP with a ZF Hurst 630 IV drive and aft of that in its own sound-insulated compartment is the 8KW generator. The Valiant factory does an outstanding job of organizing and labeling every component, every thru hull, ever wire, and every hose. So you know everything is done right and most everything is labeled. This is a vessel that is easy to maintain anywhere in the world – in fact Valiant Yachts is still providing its owners with parts and will ship anywhere in the world if you need them!
- Step in engine room with access to all mechanicals including the remote oil filters for main and genset
- Westerbeke 82B diesel propulsion engine upgrade from standard 64A WITH ONLY 1772 hours.
- Hydraulic shaft brake to prevent the shaft rotation during sailing
- Upgraded diesel fuel capacity is approximately 205 gallons in saddle tanks including forward reserve of 45 gallons
- Dual Racor fuel filters, with vacuum gauge to assess filter condition and valve manifold for filter selection
- PSS Dripless shaft seal
- Flex-o-Fold high efficiency 20”x11” 3-bladed folding propeller
- Standard 18” factory propeller as spare
- Oil change pump for propulsion engine and genset
- Generator located aft of the engine in a sound insulated box
- Westerbeke 8KW diesel generator with upgrade to Vernalift dual stage quiet muffler WITH ONLY 1035 hours.
- Edson cable and quadrant steering with binnacle mounted destroyer wheel
- Raymarine ST6001 S3G Hydraulic linear autopilot with controls at the helm and remote
More Mechanical Systems:
- Hurricane Heater stainless steel forced hot water heating system. The vessel interior can be heated by the Hurricane diesel furnace or by heat produced by the Westerbeke 82B propulsion engine. There are 4 individually adjustable heating zones including heat for the head.
- Domestic hot water in the 11 gallon tank can be produced by the Hurricane Heater, the engine or 120 volt power, either dockside or genset.
- Twin Cruisair 16,000 BTU air conditioning systems with reverse cycle heat for saloon, galley and staterooms. Two zones.
- Seafrost DC5000 12 volt triple plate refrigerator and freezer. Dual electronic thermometer and thermostat (ETT) with LED readout showing box temperatures. Allows adjustment of plate settings for each compartment.
- Spectra Catalina 300 watermaker installed under forward island berth where it is cool. The nav station mounted Spectra MPC-3000 controller simplifies water making and manages the 5-day auto flush function while away from the boat. There is also the optional Spectra Z-Brane system that prevents scaling and biological fouling of the watermaker membrane.
- Cockpit hot/cold water shower has winterization drain valves in engine room
- Well thought out 12 volt system for cruising self sufficiency!
- Upgraded high output 165 amp Dynathrust alternator on propulsion engine with Balmar MC-612 smart regulator and battery and alternator temperature sensors
- Wind generator
- 8KW Westerbeke diesel generator
12 Volt System:
- Upgraded batteries -840 ampere hour house bank battery capacity in four 4D Lifeline AGM batteries.
- House bank batteries are wired so they can be run as two separate 420 amp systems or combined into one 840 amp system.
- Additional Group 31 Lifeline AGM Lifeline battery for emergency engine start, with Balmar Digital Duo charger to charge this battery and to isolate it from accidental discharge
- Link 20 battery monitoring system for house bank battery monitoring
- KISS high output wind generator on radar arch custom SS mount. Very quiet.
- Xantrex Prosine 1800 pure sine wave inverter
- DC breaker panel with extra unused breakers for new equipment
- Nav lights
- Aqua signal port and starboard and stern navigation lights
- Tricolor masthead light with strobe and anchor light
- Mast wiring junction box
- Steaming light
- Spreader Lights are Aqua Signal Kiel White lights
- Foredeck lightNumerous cabin lights have been added to the standard equipment list, including spotlights over the galley countertop and sink. Danish Reading lights in Salon
- Shower and Companionway overhead lights
- Cockpit lighting, red and white lights under hard dodger with switch at companionway
- Electric bilge pump
- 12 volt outlets – two at the nav and one in the starboard coaming box in the cockpit
- Cabin fans in each cabin
- Generator is Westerbeke 8KW
- Two 100 amp Charles smart chargers allow rapid generator or dockside charging of the house battery banks. This system allows each charger to be used to its fullest, shortening generator run time
- Shore Power: 50 amp and 30 amp 110 v service via separate Marinco inlets in the starboard coaming box – each with a 50’ shore power cord
- 110 v outlets with GFCI protection
- Galvanic Isolator
Sails and Rigging:
The Valiant 50 is a powerful sailing machine and yet she is easily managed in all conditions. Timrod was designed to sail fast and in safety and comfort.
- True cutter rig with Schaefer furler on the genoa
- Staysail with Wichard quick release system allows boat to be sailed as a sloop or as a cutter
- Keel stepped aluminum double spreader mast and boom painted white
- Navtec rod rigging
- Navtec Hydraulic backstay system
- Insulated backstay
- Running backstays (removable)
- Traditional mainsail system with Strong Track and Lazy Jacks system
- Reefing system controlled in the cockpit
- Electric winch on the cabin house for managing the mainsail (dual controls at the winch and at the helm)
- Valiant mid-boom preventer-vang system port and starboard led to cockpit with Antal line stoppers
- Mainsail has mid-boom sheeting with the Schaefer traveler forward of the dodger
- Topping lift
- Schaefer #3100 furler for genoa
- Lewmar Ocean Series recessed cockpit adjustable genoa cars with control lines to stoppers on coaming Mast track for downwind pole
- Pole topping lift with stopper and cleatSpinnaker halyard with stopper and cleat
- All running rigging is complete by Valiant
- All control lines led to the cockpit
- ALL Lewmar self tailing Ocean Series winches
- Lewmar Electric #44 CST winch on the cabin house for main halyard
- Primary sheet winches #66 CST
- Staysail sheet winches #44 CST cabin house
- Halyard winches on the mast, two #44 CST Lewmar with stoppers
- Quantum Dimension Hydra Net 380 Spectra Sails
- Mainsail – full batten cross cut, tri-radial, loose footed 643 sq ft, three reefs
- Genoa – 130% cross cut, tri-radial on Schaeffer furler 748 sq ft
- Staysail – 90% cross cut, tri-radial on Wichard detachable forestay 295 sq ft
- Asymmetrical spinnaker – Quantum Vision V-5 Challenge Fleetwing 1.5 oz. all purpose asymmetrical, 1533 sq ft ATN dousing sleeve with ATN tacker
HULL AND DECK CONSTRUCTION
Ever so impressive! It is amazing that the original Valiant 40 design from Bob Perry was the first "performance cruiser". Now 35 years later Valiant 50 is the same proven design “on steroids” with the classic Bob Perry long modified fin cruising keel, skeg hung rudder, and rounded rear end giving her that long handsome waterline, with superb buoyancy and straight true tracking. The Valiant has proved the design over and over in winning single hand BOC races and taking couples around the world with the autopilot (or windvane) steering easily in all conditions! The Valiant 50 is proved to be super fast and comfortable and very well mannered. Cruising couples choose this performance cruiser because she is built to take you to sea and bring you back again safely! Valiant construction sets the standard for a solidly robust and well built vessel that meets rigorous standards set by the ocean! In production for thirty-five years, the Valiant factory built every boat by hand the way real boats are built with hand laid layers of fiberglass matt, woven roving and Isophthalic resin. The laminate schedule of 20 layers at the base of the keel stub and 11 at the waterline and six at the sheer results in a hull with structural integrity and impressive strength. With all the bulkheads and furniture tabbed into the hull sides on the inside, the boat is like one monolithic structure. It sure makes you feel secure in the middle of the ocean. The boat sails incredibly well. With her long waterline of 40'3" and beam of 13'10" she is very stable. With her lead keel with 31% ballast and draft of 6'3" she is stiff, dry and solid and carries sail well. Her long cruising fin keel makes her track true and steer easily with her autopilot. Steering by hand, you find finger tip control in virtually all conditions.
Hull Construction Details
The hull is hand laid of solid fiberglass in a female mold. The gelcoat is sprayed first into the mold and then the layup of the fiberglass completed. The layup schedule of fiberglass of the 1.5 oz mat and 24oz woven roving is robust. The Valiant hull is the strongest hull imaginable as you will agree when you hold a cross section in your hands. Isophthalic resin is used at the Valiant factory catalyzed in one-gallon increments and dyed red to ensure the proper wet out of the fiberglass. Valiant’s massive rub rail is structurally part of the hull. The hull is reinforced the entire length of the rub rail substrate of structural high density foam which is molded with an indentation to accept the sacrificial teak rub rail with a stainless steel strake. It is a serious structural element, not screwed on after the fact.
The construction of the Valiant is bullet proof.
- Hand laid solid fiberglass hull
- Robust layup schedule with an fiberglass mat and woven roving
- Isophthalic resin catalyzed in one-gallon increments
- Bronze through hulls and sea cocks
- Massive structural rub rail with teak overlay and stainless steel striker
- Deck is solid glass where hardware is mounted, with special attention on this boat to reinforce high stress areas and ensure that every potential for water intrusion was eliminated
- Strategic placement of deck hatches and dorades
- Lewmar deck hatches
- Latitudinal stringers of structural foam laminate glassed in
- Solid glassed in bulkheads and all furniture glassed in also
- Horizontal and vertical elements are fiber glassed to the hull sides and to the ceiling when the deck goes on
- Hull deck joint through bolted on four and half inch centers and bedded with 3M5200 adhesive.
- Sea cocks below the waterline are bronze ball valves
- Chain plates through bolted with backing plates
- Only high quality stainless steel is used
- Hull insulated with closed cell engine room insulated with “Sound Stop”
- External lead keel with 18 J bolts of 3/4 inch stainless steel bedded with 3M5200 adhesive
- Backing plates on all structural elements
- Skeg contructed of fiberglass over structural foam protects the rudderSolid stainless steel rudder shaft with steel rudder core
- Cast bronze protective rudder shoe
- Imron polyurethane topsides in white with Valiant blue cove stripe
- Double boot stripe
- Renewed bottom 2013 with all the paint build-up removed
- Epoxy barrier coat 2013
- Marine anti fouling paint July 2016
- Valiant ‘Lifetime’ hull warranty maintained with inspections every two years and transfers to new owner
- Deck nonskid in soft golden paint
The Deck and Cockpit The deck is constructed in the same manner as the hull in a female mold. Normally, solid fiberglass or fiberglass over structural foam is used in any high stress areas so that every area where deck fittings or hardware are bedded, the area is solid fiberglass. The rest of the deck is cored with end-grain balsa which has properties that allow it to soak up the resins and adhere to the laminate fiberglass to form a solid deck. The deck hatch placement was also carefully considered and installed using Valiant’s hatch boss system with upgrades to ensure that green water on the deck will never slide under the hatch into the galley!
Every component mounted on the deck is mounted on solid fiberglass to eliminate moisture intrusion and backing plates to ensure strength. When Valiant installs it, there is no opportunity for moisture intrusion in the deck and that is why this owner had Valiant do everything at the factory. Additionally in every area this construction was upgraded from closed cell foam to solid glass. All with the intent to make the boat bulletproof, forever! All of the deck hardware is the best quality, from the Hood stainless steel ports and hatches to Lewmar winches. Valiant stainless steel work is fabulous and they fabricate everything at the factory using only the highest quality steel. The toe rail is aluminum giving you the ability to attach blocks as you need to. The toe rail is bedded with 5200 and through bolted to the hull deck flange. Stainless steel stanchions are bulwark mounted, the way you want them, and support 31” high double life lines.
- Two tone deck, white gelcoat with painted nonskid in cream
- Lewmar Ocean deck hatches
- Frontward sail locker accessed through the large deck hatch or from the forward cabin
- Six mooring cleats including mid-ship cleats, all 10-inch stainless steel
- Turning blocks, double sheaves
- Aluminum toe rail accepts blocks where you need them
- Deck scuppers drain at the waterline to keep the hull sides clean
- Mast collar is custom Valiant made with stainless steel tie rod from deck to hull
- Control lines led aft to the cockpit with all the deck hardware installed properly by Valiant
- Valiant bowsprit with anchor double anchor roller
- Valiant stern rail solid to boarding gates
- Life lines, double 31” high with boarding gates port and starboard
- Swim ladder with teak steps folds and stows on the life lines either port or starboard
- Swim step 12” by 20” custom designed to mount to boarding ladder
- Two dorades with dorade boxes and guards
- Deck plates for fuel fill and water fill and waste pumpout
- Recessed Lewmar Ocean Series cockpit adjustable genoa cars with control lines to stoppers on cockpit coaming
- Pad eyes for your jack lines are installed
- Running backstays that are removable
- The Valiant vang/preventer system is installed
- Valiant radar arch with outboard lifting crane integrated
- Davits system integrated with the arch (removable)
The Valiant cockpit is also comfortable with the Valiant hard dodger that will be your best friend. The steering is pedestal mounted wheel steering with wide comfortable seating and cockpit combings. The cockpit is long enough to lie down. The combings are high and comfortable with a flat top so you can perch on them. The cockpit lockers port and starboard and aft lazarettes have deep gutters for drainage.
- Valiant hard dodger with red and white light mounted for night-time visibility
- Dodger canvas and Strataglass windows 2012
- Sunbrella bimini and connector panel 2012
- Full set of Sunbrella cockpit cushions made by Valiant (as new condition)
- Edson varnished teak ‘luncheon’ fold-down table mounted to binnacleSunbrella awning made by North Sails from mast to radar arch – as new condition
- Valiant radar arch with integrated removable dinghy davit system and block and tackle system, lifting crane
- Binnacle with Edson Pedestal radial drive steering
- Dual padeyes in cockpit for tether attachment
- Richie binnacle compass
- Helm Sunbrella cover
- Custom SS and teak helm platform to elevate the helmswoman (removable)
- Large Edson Destroyer wheel with Elkhide cover
- Raymarine Autopilot controls at the helm as was as a remote for ocean sailing
- Cockpit shower, hot and cold in the combing box with quick drain winterizing system
- 12 volt outlet in the combing box
- Phone and TV coax inlet in starboard coaming box
- Emergency tiller connects directly to rudder post
- Large cockpit lockers port and starboard
- Propane lockers aft, port and starboard with 20 lb aluminum tanks.
- Propane lockers are easily removable for access to the steering quadrant
- Stern anchor set up with hawse pipe and anchor roller as well as dedicated rode storage compartment
- Valiant fabricated double bow rollers and divided chain locker below decks
- Lighthouse 1501 electric windlass with chain gypsy and warping head and foot controls
- Windlass has chain counter and up down controls at the helm for singlehand anchoring
- Saltwater and fresh water deck washdown and anchor wash system with ShurFlo blaster pumps
- Chain locker forward with capability to pull extra chain aft
- Primary bow anchor is Spade S140 66lb with 300’ 5/16s HT G4 ACCO chain
- Secondary bow anchor is Lewmar Delta Fast Set #55 Anchor with 20’ HT G4 ACCO chain and 250’ ¾ nylon rode
- Stern anchor is Fortress FX-37 mounted on the stern rail
- Valiant stern anchor system installed below propane tank with a hawsepipe chain roller and chain and rode system
- Caribe C10 Hypalon inflatable tender with fiberglass V bottom
- Nissan 9.8HP outboard
- Lifting crane for outboard and motor mount on the stern rail
Other and Safety Equipment:
- Switlik SAR-6 liferaft with insulated inflatable floor, resides in a hard case that is mounted on a cradle below the boom – Capacity: 6 persons
- ACR 406 MHz GPS EPIRB
- Katadyn Survivor 06 hand operated watermaker for liferaft
- Jordan Series Drogue made by Ace Sailmakers Unused
- Speco hailer/horn mounted under radome with programmable automatic foghorn
- Spreader lights and foredeck light
- Dual padeyes in cockpit for tether attachment
- Lifesling Rescue System with custom Sunbrella cover
- Wichard 45’pre-made jacklines - port and starboard, bow to stern, removable
- Kidde Fryewatch automatic fire system in engine room
- USCG approved fire extinguishers throughout the interior
- Emergency tiller with direct connection onto top of rudder post from cockpit
- Carbon monoxide monitor/alarm
- Galvanic isolator protects 120 volt shore power inlets
- 5/8” hole in bobstay fitting above waterline for attachment of storm ground tackle
- Fenders and dock lines
- Large cockpit drains
- Manual bilge pump operates from the cockpit
- GFI outlets at all sinks
- There are a personal items and gifts for the boat that the owner wished to exclude which are the Chelsea Clock and Barometer, original artwork, and special needlepoint pillow.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from RogueWave Yacht Sales & Services Inc.
Enroute to Annapolis, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Cutter, Center Entry
Annapolis, MD, United States
Charleston, SC, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States