- View Full Specifications
Priced for quick sale
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Buffalo, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 189,000
Priced to Sell
This is a very special one of a kind 386 originally built for the owner of the largest Sabre dealership. Well maintained, sails beautifully, stiff and fast. Current owner has a larger boat and wants to sell.
Custom built one of a kind Sabre 386 with taller carbon mast, deep keel, larger rudder, saildrive, oversized wheel, all new tacktick instruments in 2015, GPS, Below deck autopilot, flat screen TV, all new batteries in 2015. Setup to race or cruise, many newer sails, running rigging, and deck hardware.
This is a special, custom built Sabre 386, there is no other sister ship like this one. Originally built for a Sabre dealer’s personal use in Massachusetts, this model was modified to custom specification and has many upgrades. The current owner has taken great care of the vessel and added a number of new sails to increase performance while racing and cruising. It has been in fresh water since 2010 in a climate that allows only 5-6 months of use per season. This particular model is designed for someone who appreciates the classic Sabre high-end quality inside and out, but still wants a boat that sails extremely well.
Contact RCR Yachts Listing Broker: Tim Finkle, firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell: 860.917.5416,
Buffalo: 716.856.6314 x204, Youngstown: 716.745.3862
Please contact Tim Finkle at 860-917-5416
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Sabre Yachts
Designer: Jim Taylor
LOA: 38 ft 6 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
LWL: 32 ft 5 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 10 in
Displacement: 17250 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 40 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (26 Gallons)
Special custom construction features
• No trim ballast in the hull (saves 350 pounds)
• No skeg (mold was blanked off during lay-up)
• Headliner was tabbed and epoxied instead of puttied in place
• Traveler mounting pods were blanked off in the deck mold
• Traveler is mounted in the cockpit with two extra sheet winches
• Rig package is all custom made by Hall Spars & Rigging
• Mast is carbon fiber with white awlgrip above deck level
• Mast is 18” taller than standard
• Standing rigging is SS rod instead of wire
• Hall hi-tech running rigging
• Harken Furler is closer to deck than normal
• Saildrive engine instead of shaft and strut drive
• Pop-up mooring cleats fore and aft
• Deep keel weighs less, much better performance
• Reportedly floats 1.5 inches higher than standard 386
• Yanmar 40HP diesel with custom saildrive installation increases speed under sail, reduces vibration and noise, no stuffing box to leak, no shaft alignment issues. Better reverse. Folding geared prop.
• Cabintop handrails are stainless steel.
• Minimal exterior teak for a Sabre: Just toerails, hatch boards and drink holder at the wheel. All are varnished and in good condition.
• Oversize Custom steering wheel, Edson airfoil spoke Aluminum Diamond series, white Awlgrip finish with leather cover.
• Carbon Mast has three forward halyards, all of which can be used for headsails, two can be used for spinnaker.
• Symmetrical spinnaker gear with Harken track and adjusting tackle on mast.
• Mainsheet is easily reached from both helm and crew cockpits. Sheet is double-ended so it can be adjusted from either side. Two self-tailing two-speed winches allow for trimming with less effort. Two-part mainsheet allows for quicker ease or trim. Port & Starboard traveler adjusting tackles can be reached from helm. Harken Big-Boat high beam traveler mounted so it does not interfere with seat locker lids.
o 2 #50 2-speed AST Primary sheet winches (jib/spin)
o 2 #40 2-speed AST Mainsheet winches
o 2 #44 2-speed AST cabintop winches for halyards, control lines
• Harken roller furling headstay
• Hall Rod QuickVang with tackle led to cockpit
• Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster
• Harken full-length adjustable genoa cars with tackles
Ullman #2 140% Genoa, 2010
Ullman Light #1 Carbon Genoa, 2011, lightly used
Ullman .6 oz. Spinnaker 2012, solid red, lightly used
Ullman AP #1 Carbon Genoa, 2012
Haarstick #3 Jib, 2013, lightly used
Doyle Pentex 155% #1 racing genoa, 2005
Doyle 120% #2 cruising genoa with UV shield, 2005
Doyle Pentex 100% #3 Jib, 2005
Doyle .75 oz. spinnaker (grey and blue), 2005
Quantum Fusion Mainsail, 2009
Mainsail Cover, 2005
Lazy Jack System
Navigation, Electronics & Electrical
Tacktick Wireless Instruments for speed, depth, wind (new 2015)
3 Tacktick Displays on Mast bracket (new 2015)
1 Tacktick Display at nav station (new 2015)
Ritchie SP5 Compass
ICOM M502 HVF at Nav Station
ICOM RAM at helm
Masthead TV Antenna
Furuno GPS/WAAS GP32 at nav station
Clarion CD M335 Stereo
Clarion DVD Player VS735
Wema fuel & water tank monitor
XINTEX Fume detector
Xantrex Pathfinder Battery Monitor
Prosine 2.0 2000 Watt Inverter/Charger
Promariner Prosafe 1 Polarity, Ground and Galvanic Monitor
PC Connections at nav station
12 Volt outlet at nav station
Raymarine Below-Deck autopilot, control by helm to starboard
110Volt shore power with cord
Skyworth Flat Screen TV in salon on bracket mount
Electric Bilge Pump
High Water Bilge Alarm
Tank Watch 4 Holding Tank Level Monitor
Master Engine Battery Switch
Master House Battery Switch
Master Inverter Battery Switch
New House and Engine Start Batteries in 2015
Closed cell Divinycell PVC foam cored, hand-laminated fiberglass of alternate layers of mat knitted biaxial roving.
ISO NPG gelcoat.
Below waterline, Sabre technology is utilized, consisting of chopped strand glass and vinylester resin as a back-up for ISO NPG gelcoat.
Internal deck to hull joint.
Molded in double boot and single cove stripes.
Bulkheads, berth faces, shelves and floor stringers laminated to hull providing integral, structural strength.
Single unit, Resin infused with Airex core for stiffness, and High density PVC core in high stress areas.
The deck is fastened to the hull using stainless steel thru bolts.
3M 5200 Polyurethane sealant in the deck to hull joint.
Propane storage locker in starboard side deck
Custom stainless steel fore, mid-rail and aft corner chocks.
Stainless steel cowl vents (2)
Self-draining foredeck divided (spilt) anchor locker with drain and pad eye for anchor rode.
Pulpit, stern rail and stanchions are custom fabricated of type 316 stainless steel and thru-bolted with backing plates.
Double lifelines stainless steel cable with port and starboard boarding gates with braced stanchions.
All lifeline terminals and turnbuckles are swaged stainless steel.
Solid teak toerails
Stainless steel companionway hand rail and cabin top hand rails
Ventilation and Light
5 Lewmar polished Ocean Series deck hatches
2 stainless steel dorade vents.
4 main cabin fixed port lights
Custom stainless steel opening ports with screens in salon, aft cabin, fwd cabin, and head.
Acrylic sliding companionway hatch with fiberglass spray hood solid teak hatch boards and screened hatch boards
Ritchie SP5 compass mounted in binnacle
Emergency tiller stored in cockpit locker
Balanced rudder is molded fiberglass bonded to a carbon fiber rudder post passing through a removable UHMW bearing and support tube securely laminated to the hull
Two deep lazarette storage lockers
Sail locker to starboard
Recessed winch handle pockets
Coamings angled for comfort
Cup holder on pedestal
Two cockpit scuppers to Marelon sea valves
Telescoping transom boarding ladder
Varnished Teak Interior
Head with shower stall, electric W/C
Galley Countertop in Corian
Double SS sinks with Corian fillers
12 Volt refrigeration
Icebox both top opening and front loading
3 Burner propane stove with oven, cutting board top
Built-In Microwave Oven
All Overhead hatches have roller Skyscreens
Teak Framed Screens for Companionway
Galley has fold-up Corian extension counter
Built-in wastebasket with Corian cover
Double Drop-Leaf bulkhead dining table
Sit-down chart table with removable backrest
Forward cabin has sink and vanity
Opening ports are heavy-duty SS with screens
Island berth forward
Berths are extra-thick, at least 6”
Numerous lockers, drawers, cupboards, racks, etc.
Extra lockers in the V-berth
Sport White Hull
2 Tone Sport White Deck with Grey Nonskid
Double molded in boot stripes, red and blue
Blue Corian counters in galley, head and forward cabin vanity
Blue Ultrasuede upholstery in salon
Oatmeal colored fabric in fore and aft staterooms
Black anti-fouling bottom paint
White mast & boom
White Mainsail Cover with red & blue stripes
Dark Blue Dodger with SS grab rail on aft side
White Cockpit Cushions
Custom Steel Cradle
Varnished Twin-Leaf Edson Cockpit Table
Aluminum Spinnaker Pole
Docklines and Fenders
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.