- View Full Specifications
42' Radford 415
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Nanaimo, BC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- Can$ 199,000 (US$ 154,683)
Rarely does a boat of this calibre sail into the Pacific Northwest.
'Tuesday's Child' is a beautiful, blue steel hull Graham Radford design cruising sailboat.
Launched in Vancouver, BC in 2005 this vessel is capable of taking you safely, wherever you care to sail.
For your personal showing, please contact Lorraine Willgress at 250 758-7667
For a self guided Virtual Tour please Visit https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=uaj9NaSHKB1
Please contact Lorraine Willgress at 250-758-7667
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Isuzu
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: 3KR1
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 825
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
LOA: 42 ft..
LWL: 42 ft.
Beam: 11 ft. 6 in.
Draft: 5 ft. 9 in.
Displacement: 29,500 lbs.
Fuel: 954 litres - five tanks plus one 92 litre day tank
Fresh Water: 974 litres - two under salon seating plus one under the sink/refer.
Reverse Osmosis: 25 gal/hr.
Holding: 23 litres
Pride of ownership shows and you will admire the well thought out interior design of 'Tuesday's Child' with all the comforts of home, whether you are offshore or dockside.
A forward V-Berth has storage below, dimmable LED lights in cupboards, a large locking escape hatch over a full tool box for boat maintenance and has a dehumidifier installed.
The salon has a spacious seating area over the water tanks, with built in lee cloths for offshore safety, storage behind the seating, LED lighting with two brightness settings for economy, a Force Ten diesel heater for comfort, and a beautiful, custom Teak table for meals. A Surround Sound system has 5 speakers, a Smart TV set up for Cable, an Internet connection, and AM/FM radio. SS tempered opening port lights provide plenty of light and ventilation.
The galley would be the envy of most chefs with all the conveniences, including a large Refrigerator/Freezer with a new Nova-Kool cold plate and compressor, in October 2017. The deep, single SS sink has both Hot/Cold pressure water as well as a foot pump for energy conservation and storage below with access to the new quiet running compressor. The "Force Ten" three burner, gimballed propane stove, with oven is connected to a propane sensor and a remote solenoid valve. The lighting in the galley is LED/fluorescent plus red LED for use during night passages. A water station with a second SS sink provides an Instant Hot water tap, for coffee/tea, filtered water from the tanks and the Reverse Osmosis water test faucet.
The fold down Chart/Navigation table is to Starboard with the AC/DC Distribution panel above, one of the two VHF radios, and one of the two sonars with an alarm, which can be heard inside whilst at anchor, as well as the AM/FM Radio.
Also, to Starboard, aft of the Nav. station and tucked behind the companionway, is the Head with a "Lavac" toilet, with a large diaphragm pump which almost eliminates the need for toilet maintenance. Behind the toilet on the bulkhead you will find easy access to hoses and collection points. On the outboard side is a counter that runs the length of the head with a basin behind the door, behind this is the control panel for the 25 US gallon per hour, engine driven watermaker. Under the counter is more area for storage, and to left of the head is an access door to that side of the engine. Lighting consists of LED in the headliner and dimmable LED under the counter.
Companionway stairs are removable to expose a door to the front of the engine with three more engine doors allowing full access to the mechanicals. The 2005 three cylinder 40 HP Isuzu naturally aspirated diesel engine has 825 hours and a 2:1 twin disk gear. The engine compartment also houses the golf cart batteries as well as the starting battery, the 110V water heater, fuel tanks and smart chargers.
Moving aft, the cozy Master stateroom also has dimmable LED lighting, two opening Lexan portlights, storage under the berth as well as headboard shelves for more storage. A full stand up shower has a custom Ocean Blue floor, seating with storage below, a large escape hatch for ventilation and light, plus a sliding mirrored door. Another custom feature in the Master is the air tight wood stove, burning compressed fire logs heats the entire boat on those cold winter nights.
You could literally be away for weeks with the room for provisions, the watermaker, and all the equipment available for a safe, comfortable passage aboard 'Tuesday's Child'.
Electronics and Navigation
* Autopilot: Raymarine ST70 at helm, with rate sensing gyro - 2010
* Chart Plotter 1: Garmin 545S at helm
* Chart Plotter 2: Raymarine Pathfinder RL70C with Wind/Depth/Log
* Radar: Raymarine 4kw Radom - 2010 (tubular reflector)
* Depth: Interphase Advantage at Nav. Station (thru hull forward)
* Compass: KVH Azimuth 1000 Fluxgate
* VHF Radio: Raymarine at Nav. Station plus Uniden Oceanus
* Radio/CD player: AM/FM, Panasonic Surround Sound with 5 speakers
* TV with cable and internet
* Batteries: 4 Golf Cart 6V and 1 Start 12V
* Electrical Circuit: 30 Amp 110V AC with isolating transformer
* Inverter: West Marine 3000W
* Charger: Statpower Smart Charger 20 Amp
* Bilge Pumps: Electric - 1 - 3700 gallons per hour, 1 - 1000 gallons per hour
* Wind Generator: Aerogen 20 Amp with voltage regulator
Sails, Rigging and Deck Equipment
* Main: Battened with 3 reef points
* Genoa: Furling 110% with 13-24 ft. Forespar adjustable whisker pole
* Staysail: Hank on
* Drifter: with sock
* Mast: Isomast deck stepped - 52 ft. with continuous rigging, two sets of spreaders & fold up aluminum mast steps from deck to masthead
* Masthead: Windex, VHF Antenna, Bird deterrent system
* Winches: Arco - 2-52 ST Two Speed, 4-40 ST Two Speed in cockpit
* Navigation Lights: LED
* Wheel: Edson Marine pull/pull cable steering system
* Anchor: Bruce type - 66 lbs. 316L SS
* Windlass: Lofrans Tigress, 1350 kg. max. pull, working load 195 kg. with remote control in cockpit, 250 ft. 3/8 in. BBB chain,
* Pushpit/Pullpit/Lifelines: SS 1 in. tubular approximately 34 in. height
* Running Backstays: 3/8 in. Spectra, split from deck surface to masthead
* Blocks: Garhauer
* Clutches: Easylock Maxi - 12 - all control lines into cockpit for ease of single handing
* Cockpit: Fully enclosed with Sunbrella canvas
* Dodger: Hard with 12V Lighting
* Antenna: Raymarine GPS
* Escape Hatches: four large (500mm) locking hatches with Lexan and Solar Vents
* Port Lights: twelve SS opening with tempered glass, custom acrylic eyebrows and screens
* Port Lights: two aft facing Lexan opening with screens
* Dorade Boxes: two SS with SS cowls
* 200 ft. 3/8" BBB spare
* Winch ST 40
* Eyebrow for portlight protection
* Assorted Engine parts and oil filters
* Watermaker filters
* Three Blade Feathering Prop
* West Marine SS BBQ
'Tuesday's Child' has been well cared for by her original owners for over 12 years and their pride of ownership for this boat shows. With the combination of rig, and hull shape, good sailing performance can be ensured along with the steel hull will give a safe, comfortable offshore cruising yacht.
All seller’s personal effects on board are excluded from the sale of this vessel.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.