- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Newport, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 975,000
Duty Paid - Lying in Newport RI
Valentine is the last hull built of the iconic Oyster 66 model. Featuring generous accommodations usually only found in much larger boats, the 66 is well-known for her expansive interior volume, including the signature ‘raised saloon’ and berthing for eight guests and two crew in five cabins, four of which are ensuite. Luxurious teak joinery contrasts gorgeous light, cream and white upholstery, and the special enclosed U-shaped galley configuration limits clutter and aromas whilst the chef prepares gourmet meals at sea. Lowering of a large glass sash between the serving counter areas of the galley and the lower saloon area provides ready access and optional integration.
Ocean-ready cutter rig offers effortless push-button sailing with in-mast furling hydraulic main, headsails and self-tacking staysail. Fully equipped for extended voyaging with all creature comforts. Valentine recently proved herself as the perfect platform for a family tradewind circumnavigation in the Oyster World Rally, and has just arrived in Newport after an extensive three-month refit to ensure that she is presented in excellent condition.
Valentine is available for inspection by appointment. Please call or email to make an appointment.
“To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.” – Douglas Adams
We are always in search of quality vessels to list, so if you are thinking about selling or upgrading, please email us to discover the difference that is Latitude Yacht Brokerage:
Ryan J. Miller
Yacht Broker / Owner / U.S.C.G. Master Capt.
See what we are all about:
Please contact Ryan Miller at 401-835-0069
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Oyster Marine
Designer: Rob Humphreys and the Oyster Design Group
Flag of Registry: Other
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 66 ft 10 in
Beam: 18 ft 0 in
LWL: 57 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 10 in
Displacement: 91490 lbs
Total Power: 225 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins Sabre
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: M225Ti Turbo
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 5150
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 225 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (436 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (533 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 10
Number of heads: 4
The Oyster 66 has a low centre of gravity keel and a powerful sailplan. Cutter gear is standard, which allows for a useful choice of sail combinations depending on wind speed. A pair of jumper struts has eliminated the usual requirement for check stays on this type of rig, making handling even easier. The 66 has an unusually large cockpit with twin wheels and easy access to the aft deck. The helmsman is ideally positioned, with excellent visibility to sail and dock the yacht with many of the sail handling controls within easy reach. Careful optimisation by the design team, empowered by Oyster's integrated CAD system, has produced a hull with a sleek outboard profile but with enough volume to allow full standing headroom under the cockpit floor. There is sufficient headroom within the deck saloon area for a workable installation of engine and machinery under the deck saloon floor. The combination of these features has allowed a centre-line passageway aft with two double or twin guest cabins port and starboard and a large owner's cabin, with its own companionway to the deck, aft. The galley is placed forward of the saloon at an unobtrusive lower level with plentiful counter space and stowage. Opposite there's a pair of chairs facing each other across small table. Forward, the Oyster 66 has two further twin or double cabins with their own heads. One of these makes a first class guest cabin while the other is ideal for crew.
The Oyster 66 is an iconic Classic Oyster; as the youngest example of her class s/y Valentine’s layout reflects 5 years of evolution and offers a perfect combination of style, privacy and practicality.
She is ideally suited to enjoyment as a family (we have three young children) supported by crew (or active sailing guests), or as a charter yacht, offering three full en-suite double cabins plus a x2 bed bunk cabin, and an ensuite crew cabin.
Offering the identical ‘push button’ hydraulic and electric systems as currently fitted to new build Oysters, she has been a pleasure to sail, whether cruising or participating in the wonderful Oyster Regattas. The welcome and support provided by Oyster Marine from day one as an ‘Oyster owner’ was a wonderful discovery in its own right giving ‘on tap’ technical/spares support and indeed any support be it crew, charter interests, World Rally, etc Oyster Regattas gently draw you into the Oyster family and provide whatever level of ‘Oyster family contact’ you may from time to time wish for.
Valentine’s three watertight bulkhead doors provide extra confidence for ocean crossings, and her size provides safety and space for all conditions and with all passengers on board including children. Most of our cruising on Valentine, and the Oyster World Rally circumnavigation (with a family of five) was supported by one or two crew and/or friends in comfort and safety and with privacy for the family. We lived an endless succession of white beaches, green capped volcanic islands, turquoise seas and star studded skies, and all with a perfect balance of privacy and camaraderie.
As needs be, or fancy dictates, Valentine is easily sailed by a crew of two; as the present owner, I enjoyed a cruising program from Australia to Indonesia and Christmas Island, with only one other person on board…almost a ‘solo sailing’ feeling.
Valentine’s signature raised saloon and optimized layout are unique – they make the most of the 66’s interior volume, provide a wonderful engine room under the raised saloon, and add a balance of privacy and communication that we found to be perfect for all the various activities on the go (or at rest) during cruising or ocean sailing programs. My wife and I have tried to communicate this with annotations of the attached layout plans, however we invite you to come and see for yourself!
DECK LAYOUT AND EQUIPMENT
- CQR 48kg (105lb) anchor with 100m (328’) 13mm stainless steel chain.
- WASI power link between chain and CQR anchor.
- Additional 100m (328’) of 22mm Octoplait nylon warp and 10m (33”) of 12mm chain.
- Fortress FX85 alloy folding kedge anchor.
- Lewmar 3000 hydraulic anchor windlass
- Midship gateway stanchions with stainless steel hinged boarding ladders that close up to form the side-gates
- Gate to pushpit
- Fold down stainless steel bathing/boarding ladder
- Stainless Steel and teak passarelle (center hinged for lazarette stowage and with detachable hand rails)
- Oyster custom drop-down washboard system for main companionway
- Lewmar deck hatches, including additional hatch over galley.
- Gebo alloy-framed coaming portlights.
- Gebo opening hullports.
All in ‘Ocean Blue’ acrylic canvas:
- Sprayhood with stainless steel grabrail and central zip up window
- Owner’s companionway exit mini-dodger zipping open/closed fwd and/or aft
- Bimini with stowage cover and extra windows over each helm position, and over cockpit table for boom light, complete with zip-on ocean blue side ‘curtains’ that can be ‘tented’, and zip on aft ‘curtains’ with double zip door in white breathable fabric
- Wrap around saloon window cover, foredeck tent cover
- Covers for steering wheels and pedestals
- Covers for all deck winches & anchor windlass
- Padded cover for cockpit table
- Padded cover for saloon table
- Hot and cold freshwater deck shower in transom locker.
- Freshwater anchor/deck wash
- Clear central walkway through between twin wheels giving excellent access from the companionway to the helm position.
- Twin drinks holder on each pedestals.
- Gloss varnished teak cockpit table with stainless steel frame, footbars and folding leaves, with large volume partitioned refrigerator.
- Whitlock Mamba rod system with twin pedestals
- Wheels with leather covers
- Outboard motor bracket on pushpit
- Simpson Series 7 S300 electric tall davits, 300kg.
- Stainless steelpulpit with custom fitted teak seat (for dolphin watching), pushpit and gateway midship stanchions.
- Stainless steel custom fairleads, stainless steel mooring and cockpit cleats with pair of additional mooring cleats at aft deck
- Stainless steel dorade guardrails.
- Stainless steel grabrails atop deck saloon.
- Large flush lazarette locker with twin stainless steel gas struts and custom shelves
- Liferaft locker recessed into the foredeck.
- Locker for chain stowage, with custom fuel & inflammables storage shelf (with fume/spillage drain) for 5x 20l jerry cans.
- Stern quarter pushpit seats in teak and stainless steel.
- Gas locker for 2 x 13kg cylinder bottles with quick connect hose port for BBQ
- Maxi ‘Magma’ stainless steel BBQ with quick release mounts for stern rail
- Stainless steel game fish rod holder
RIG AND SAIL HANDLING
MAST and RIGGING
- Rig – cutter
- Stainless steel custom bowsprit (removable)
- Hood Stoway white painted mast with hydraulic in-mast furling
- Hydraulic reversing outhaul inc manual bypass.
- Preventer lines.
- Recessed curved track for self-tacking staysail
- Navtec backstay tensioner
- ‘No Strike’ ION dissipators x 2 at masthead. Mast and capshroud chainplates bonded to keel bolt with stainless steel upstand.
- Navtec discontinuous rod rigging.
- X 2 folding Mast steps at masthead
- Foresail furling – Reckmann RF90 hydraulic
- Staysail furling - Reckmann RF90 hydraulic
Lewmar – all self-tailing:
- 77 CEST x 2 electric primaries
- 54 CEST x 2, electric secondaries
- 58 CEST electric mainsheet
- 40 CST main traveller control line
- 54 CST reefing control line
- 54 CST main halyard
- 58 CST genoa and staysail halyard
- Single spinnaker pole stowed vertically on mast with butt hoist winch, 1 spinnaker halyard, pole topping lift, 1 fore guy, 1 pair of sheets, blocks and deck fittings to match
- Doyle:Mainsail - 100m2, two ply 8.77 Challenge Sailcloth Marblehead Weave Dacron, 4 vertical battens, Doyle warranty cover
- Doyle: Genoa - 137.91m2, two ply 8.77 Challenge Sailcloth Marblehead Weave Dacron, Doyle warranty cover
- Staysail - 40.37m2, two ply 10.77 Challenge Sailcloth Marblehead Weave Dacron, Doyle warranty cover
- North (“new sail”) 290m2 G2 Gennaker 1.5/2.5oz norlon tri radial cruising chute (North warranty cover) with squeezer.
- Laying down and dye testing of the rig
- Outhaul, in mast furler, vang and backstay tensioner all stripped and rebuilt (hydraulic motors rebuilt previously)
- Ten berths in five cabins, excluding the saloon.
- Interior joinery finished in teak with Oyster ‘Millenium’ styling
- In the classic style but designed to be modern and co-ordinated, while remaining practical and durable at sea. Essential features include sculpted fiddles and grabrails, ‘shadow-gap’ joints between panels and Oyster custom knobs for lockers and drawers
- Teak ‘chequer-board’ sole panels with black Avonite trim line
- Cabin doors with crown cut timber centers and black trim line
- Surfaces in galley in Avonite with upstands - color ‘Kokoura’
- Surfaces in heads in Avonite - color ‘Limestone’
- Headlining in off-white vinyl
- Upholstery in Alcantara: upper saloon, lower seating area and chart table seat in cream; cabins, seats and headboards in ‘Amber Glow’
- Lee screens on sea berths
- Curtains throughout in off-white
- Oceanair skyscreens to all deck hatches, except sail locker and forward shower compartment
FORWARD SAIL LOCKER
- Forepeak stowage is a sail locker accessed via its own deck hatch.
FORWARD PORT CREW CABIN
- Upper and lower berths with cupboards, mirror and drawers opening forward to.
- Private ensuite portside head with washbasin, mixer tap, mirror and handshower with Jabsco Quiet Flush electric WC
- Double berth with cupboards, drawers and lockers including large central wardrobe, opening
GUEST CABIN ENSUITE HEAD
- Forward to private ensuite bathroom with Jabsco Quiet Flush electric WC, washbasin, mirrors leading forward to separate shower stall with full size skylight/access hatch.
- SINKS - Twin stainless steel sinks with mixer tap
- COOKER - Gimballed Force 10 cooker in stainless steel with 4 burners, grill and oven (refurbished 2016)
- COOKER HOOD - Alpes Inox cooker hood in brushed stainless steel with extractor fan and built in light
- MICROWAVE - Siemens stainless steel fronted microwave
- REFRIGERATOR - Stainless steel front opening fridge (refurbished 2016)
- FREEZER - Top opening freezer (refurbished 2016)
- DISHWASHER - Custom stainless steel and teak cupboard door leading to voluminous storage (previously housing Miele dishwasher, all plumbing and electrical connections intact and ready for new dishwasher if desired, and using the same door
LOWER SALOON SEATING AREA
- Jack and Jill seating facing each other across small table (with lamp) serving as sideboard/crew dining table or work table as desired
- Large double shelf mirrored drinks cabinet with automatic lighting on opening
- U-Line icemaker with charcoal filter, below drinks cabinet locker
With large settee to port around large square, expandable teak saloon table with solid teak surround fiddle and black Avonite perimeter line. Panoramic direct vision out to sea, forward, port and starboard, with flat screen TV on aft bulkhead Foam backed saloon table protection. Wine bottle stowage integrated below saloon table. Bookshelf storage and storage behind seats
- To starboard with chart table and bench seat.
AFT STARBOARD GUEST CABIN
- Upper and lower berths, with large hanging locker. Bookshelves with stainless steel rails.
AFT PORT GUEST CABIN
- Guest stateroom with double berth, large hanging locker, wall mirror, cupboards and drawers.
EN SUITE HEAD
- With Jabsco Quiet Flush electric WC, washbasin and large separate shower stall. A second door to this bathroom provides direct access to the companionway in order to serve as a guest loo and/or bathroom for the opposite bunk bed cabin
The aft cabin has a double berth offset from the centerline, a settee, dressing table/writing table and pair of large hanging lockers with abundant drawer and locker space. Bookshelf with stainless steel rails. Upgraded Dunlopillow mattress on Batiflex system. This cabin also has its own companionway hatch entrance from the aft deck (with mini sprayhood in stainless steel and ‘Ocean Blue’ acrylic canvas)with stainless steel ladder frame with teak treads. 4-brick safe.
EN SUITE HEAD
- With Jabsco Quiet Flush electric WC, washbasin and separate shower stall.
- Flat Screen 40” HD TV with DVD/BlueRay player/Ipod/Iphone and movies hard drive
- Interfaced with stereo/amplified unit, radio and speakers in saloon headlining, and 2 water proof speakers in cockpit.
- Status powered TV antenna at masthead with switch facility to change over between mast TV aerial and shore cable TV.
- Perkins Sabre M225Ti turbo charged diesel of 168kW (225hp) @ 2500rpm.
- Racor filter upgraded to duplex system 75/500FGX with change over valve and vacuum gauge
- Approximately 5,150 at May 2016
- Max-Prop 3-bladed 710mm (28”) feathering propeller
- 40 amp 24V for charging engine start batteries
- Mastervolt 150A/24V for charging domestic batteries
- Mastervolt Alpha Pro regulator
- Onan 17.5kW
- Approximately 6,390 at May 2016
- MaxPower electro-hydraulic tunnel thruster
- Whitlock Mamba rod and gearbox system
- Lewmar 400 hydraulic power pack to operate headsail furling, staysail furling, windlass, mainsail furling and mainsail outhaul
- Cruisair reverse cycle aircon units throughout comprising of 4 x 16,000 BTU and 1 x 12,000 BTU totaling 76,000 BTU @ 60Hz. (refurbished 2016)
- U-Line ice maker SS95 with charcoal filter, below drinks locker
- Seafresh 2012A watermaker producing approx 230 liters/hr
- Not included, however all electrical connections and all plumbing is preserved in situ for plug and play new installation
TANKAGE AND PLUMBING
- 2,050 liters approximately (451 imp/542 US gallons) in x 3 GRP tanks
FUEL TANK TENDER GAUGES
- Tank tender gauge system x 3 tanks in addition to standard dipsticks
- 1,650 liters approximately (429 imp/429 US gallons) in x 3 GRP tanks
TANK TENDER GAUGES
- Tank tender gauge system (2 tanks) in addition to standard dipsticks
- From an insulated approximately 76 liter (16 imp/19 US gallons) tank heated by the engine’s heat exchanger, or by thermostatically-controlled 220v immersion heater elements powered by the generator or dockside power
PRESSURIZED HOT AND COLD FRESHWATER SYSTEM
- Jabsco AQM6 fresh water pump with over-run cut-out protection
BLACK WATER HOLDING TANKS
3 polypropylene gravity discharge holding tanks:
- x 1 in aft head, x 1 in aft portside head, and x 1 in forward starboard side head
- One aft, one forward individually controlled
- Stainless steel / bronze manifold for seawater inlets to reduce through-hull fittings
Domestic: Rolls Surette wet cell batteries giving total of 860Ah. (new 2016 under warranty)
- Engine start: 24V 176Ah battery (new 2016)
- Generator start: 12V battery (new 2016)
- Navcoms: Separate 12V/90A Gel battery
- MASS 24B 100A heavy duty battery charger
- Masterlink MICC battery monitor
- BTM1 monitor for 12V/90A gel battery
- Emergency link between domestic and engine batteries
- 220V MASS Sine Inverter 24V/2500W for use of microwave, domestic equipment through AC sockets and entertainment system
- Dedicated inverter for Ice maker
- 30 amp dockside power cable. Hubbell socket in transom.
- Ceiling LED lights in polished chrome finish
- Reading lights for all cabin berths
- Automatic light to drinks locker
- x 3 Blue “courtesy” footlights at steps
- Boom light over cockpit table
- Deck floodlight
- Pair of lower spreader lights
- Lazarette light
- Aqua signal 41 bow and stern navigation lights
- Tri-white navigation light at masthead
NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Steering – S.I.R.S. Marine Major 150mm diameter compass with internal lighting and stainless steel grabrail
- ST60 Speed, depth at companionway
- ST60 Multi display at port pedestal
- ST60 Multi display at chart table
- Raynav 300
- Raymarine E120 integrated system at chart table with second E120 at helm (refurbished 2016 under Raymarine warranty)
- 4kW radar scanner on mast
- AIS full transmit/receive
- AIS PERSONAL MOB - 3x personal MOB AIS transmitters fitted to Spinlock PFDs
- Raymarine ST autopilot with Whitlock 24V drive motor. ST7001+ autopilot control head
- Plus ST6001+ autopilot control head at chart table
- Windex at masthead
- Raymarine 230E VHF at chart table with cockpit speaker and second handset mounted on cockpit port pedestal
- Icom 802 mounted at chart table
- x 2 large ground plates & copper earthing strip for SSB
- Insulators in backstay for SSB aerial
- Thrane & Thrane Fleet Broadband FB250 with dome antennae mounted at mast spreader
- Iridium satellite phone Motorola
EPIRBS - Yes
- ZODIAC Extreme 10P 10-person mounted in custom deck recess
- Firdell blipper on mast
- Henderson MK V manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- PAR 34600 electric bilge pump.
- Additional engine driven Jabsco pump, with manual clutch
- Additional electric bilge pump.
- Horseshoe lifebuoy
- Webbing jackstays
- Emergency tiller
- MOB MOM8 lifebouy
- Electric winch emergency cut-off switches at each helm position
- Full set including automatic fire extinguisher in engine bay
OTHER SAFETY FEATURES
- x 3 watertight bulkheads and doors to master cabin and both forward cabins in hallway.
- 14’ AB ALUMINIUM w/bow locker and center steering console and seat with 40HP 2 stroke outboard engine,fitted with Oyster custom heavy duty lifting eyes and stainless bridle
- Optimist with custom (fully removable) teak chock mountings on foredeck
- Inflatable Kayak, Inflatable ‘banana’ (4 children) rib towed, game fishing rod and reel,
- 2 sets of diving equipment
- 4-brick safe in aft cabin
SPARES INVENTORY, MANUALS AND TOOLS
- All personal belongings and all other items not expressly listed in the above inventory are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Latitude Yacht Brokerage, LLC
Newport, RI, United States