- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kolding, Denmark
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 159,000 Tax Paid (US$ 199,068)
The Nordship 38DS is a cleverly designed 38ft deck saloon cruising yacht from the renowned Danish boat yard. The quality in the structure and finish is right up there with the very best, and the layout is genius! A very spacious aft (owners) cabin and a raised deck saloon with panoramic views is just the start.
AVALA was built for her current owner is an excellent example, she is the shallow keel version and has a superb 55HP Volvo Penta engine.
She is lying in Ipswich and ready to go!
Please call us with any questions.
Please contact Jimmy Warington-Smyth at +44 (0)1202 724917
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Beam: 3.65 m
Maximum Draft: 1.60 m
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 55 HP
- LOA: 12m (39ft)
- LWL: 9.75m
- Beam: 3.65m
- Draft: 1.6m
- Displacement: 8,250kgs
- Ballast: 3,200kgs
- Designer: Lars Buchwald
- Builder: Nordship Yachts ApS
Engine & Machinery
- Volvo D255C
- 55hp, 4 cylinder freshwater cooled diesel engine
- Heat exchanger and wet exhaust.
- Flexibly mounted beneath companionway with good access.
- Volvo Saildrive reversing reduction gearbox. Saildrive gaitor replaced 2012.
- 3 bladed folding propeller with “Stripper” rope cutter.
- Twin station electronic single lever control to cockpit and deck saloon.
- Engine regularly serviced by Volvo agents.
- 200L stainless steel diesel tank.
12 volt system - 4 x 70amp/hour domestic batteries, 1 x 70amp/hour engine start battery charged by engine 70amp/hour alternator and battery charger.
Distribution board. Combined Voltmeter, Ammeter. Fuel/water and holding tank gauges.
220 volt system - Shore power socket, lead and RCB. Battery charger. 220v outlets and immersion heater in hot water tank.
- Plastimo binnacle steering compass
- Raymarine ST60 Tridate – combined speed and depth
- Raymarine ST60 windspeed/direction
- Raymarine ST60 Graphic repeater
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot with linear direct drive (sails to compass or wind)
- Raymarine C80 GPS/Plotter/Radar
- Furuno NX300 Navtex
- iCOM M601 dual station DSC VHF radio
- iCOM M31 handheld VHF radio
- Seago 6 man valise packed life raft - (requires service)
- Manual & electric bilge pumps
- 2 x hoisting high efficiency Radar reflectors
- Horseshoe lifebuoy with light
- Fire blanket
- Cockpit harness points
- Gas solenoid cut off switch
Sails & Rigging
Spars and rigging
- Deck stepped masthead sloop. Selden silver anodised aluminium double spreader mast and single line slab reefing boom (3 reefs)
- Ball-race mainsail cars
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging (original)
- Furlex 300S twin groove furling headsail system
- Sprung rod kicker
- Polyester running rigging led aft to Spinlock clutches
- Mast stowed spinnaker pole, spinnaker running gear (no sail)
- Main-sheet and Genoa tracks with adjusting tackle
- Boom preventer
- Andersen s/s - 2 x Electric 46 Genoa ST, 1 x 16 ST & 1 x 28
- Mainsail - 2005 Fully battened (three reefing points)
- Furling Genoa – 2005. Sacrificial strip
- Stack-pack type sail cover with lazy jacks
Deck & General equipment
- Stainless steel open pulpit with teak seat and bowsprit with teak grating. S/s split pushpit with teak quarter seats, stanchions and guardwires, gates to port, starboard and aft
- Double bow roller with Bruce anchor & 30mtrs chain, Lofrans Project electric anchor windlass. Opening and draining anchor locker
- Teak toe rail. S/s bow, stern & midships cleats with s/s toe rail protectors. Teak coach-roof grab-handles
- Blue folding spray hood, companionway cover and wheel cover
- Deep centre cockpit with steering pedestal fitted with instrument pod, bow thrusters control, and EDC engine control. Deep cave locker (accessible from below decks), coaming lockers and cockpit cushions
- Bathing platform with fold down swim ladder and hot & cold cockpit shower
- Outboard stowage bracket
- Honwave inflatable dinghy with inflatable keel and rigid transom
- Yamaha 8HP, 4-stroke outboard engine - 2005
- Drying Legs - as new
The spacious cabin consists of 6 berths in 2 cabins and a raised deck saloon. The interior is very nicely fitted in mahogany with a satin varnish finish.
Forward cabin - Double 'V' berth with infill, lockers and storage.
Galley - At lower level to starboard, with Corian work surface, stainless steel sink with hot & cold water, ENO gimballed gas cooker with oven & grill, 110L refrigerator with icebox and storage. 240v microwave.
Saloon - Raised deck saloon to port with good visibility. C shaped settee with extending saloon table. Storage below seating area.
Chart table - Forward Facing, good chart table, storage, switch panels and instrumentation. Internal engine control.
Heads & Shower - The spacious heads compartment is adjacent to the fore cabin with electric sea toilet piped to holding tank with hand basin. Separate shower compartment with hot & cold shower, electric shower drain and a teak seat.
Evening saloon/snug - Steps down from saloon with two arm chairs convertible to single berth. Access to engine. Door access to large workshop/cockpit locker.
Aft cabin - With a large king sized central double berth, two hanging lockers and various storage areas, an overhead deck hatch, private window into the cockpit and windows on to the bathing platform/transom. The steering gear is visible under the berth.
- Hot & cold pressurised water system to galley & heads, hot & cold transom shower. Water heated from engine and 220v immersion heater
- Eberspacher cabin heating
- Forest green Alcantara upholstery to saloon and lobby seating, Forest green mattress covers to forward and aft cabins
- 3 x opening deck hatches with blinds, 5 x opening ports
- Crockery & cutlery
Parkstone Bay Yachts provides the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information set out in these particulars, and we do not warrant the condition of the vessel. The particulars are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a term of any contract. A prospective buyer is advised to check the particulars and specifications and where appropriate instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to fully inspect the vessel and/or to have a sea trial of the vessel. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Parkstone Bay Yachts