- View Full Specifications
Generously equipped trawler
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Stuart, FL
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 999,000 Tax Paid
Major price reduction...
Sellers are done cruising and would like to close before the end of the year!Additional information on Nordhavn55forsale.com
South By West is an exceptional Nordhavn 55, one of the few with the full hydraulics package and after eight years of great times aboard her owners (second owners) now have their sights set on a larger boat. This truly was a watershed hull in the production series as the original owner pushed for major upgrades and improvements with their salesman, Ray Danet, an expert cruiser himself, who was the Florida sales manager for PAE at the time. Trips to the yard in Xiamen, China helped to complete the ideal cruiser which was delivered in 2006. Due to changing circumstances, the original owner only used the boat for 260 hours before she changed hands in 2007. Her current owners are experienced boaters who knew South By West was something special when they purchased her and have actively traveled 20,000 miles while maintaining her in perfect condition. They have explored from Martha’s Vineyard to Conception Island, via Baltimore, the Chesapeake Bay, Charleston, Dry Tortugas, Bahamas and more…
Jeff Merrill, CPYB (Certified Professional Yacht Broker) and Ray Danet, have extensive product knowledge of the trawler market and has intimate knowledge of the Nordhavn 55 in general and South By West specifically. Please contact listing brokers, Jeff Merrill, CPYB or Ray Danet for additional information or to schedule a viewing appointment to inspect South By West.
Mobile phone: +1 727.215.9616
Jeff Merrill, CPYB
Mobile phone: +1 949.355.4950 – call or text
Toll Free: 866.748.5419
Skype: jeff.merrill Twitter: @merrillyachts
You Tube: Jeff Merrill Yachts LinkedIn: jeff.merrill
Licensed and Bonded in California and Florida.
Member California Yacht Brokers Association – President 2015 and 2016
Member Florida Yacht Brokers Association
Member Northwest Yacht Brokers Association
Member Yacht Brokers Association of America
Please contact jeffmerrillyachtsales Merrill at 949-355-4950
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
South By West
Builder: P.A.E / Nordhavn
Designer: Jeff Leishman
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 61 ft 0 in
Beam: 18 ft 0 in
LWL: 50 ft 1 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 124500 lbs Half Load
Ballast: 8500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 37 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Total Power: 340 HP
Engine Brand: Lugger
Engine Model: 1276A
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2625
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 340 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots @ 1600 RPM
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Fiberglass (600 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Fiberglass (2350 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Fiberglass (120 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Sea water pump
Fresh water maker
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
|NAME:||SOUTH BY WEST|
|TYPE:||Long range passage maker with flybridge and enclosed pilothouse|
|HULL COLOR:||Yellow Gelcoat|
|BOTTOM PAINT:||Dark Brown|
|REGISTRY:||United States Coast Guard documented|
|BUILDER:||P.A.E./South Coast – Xiamen, China|
|HULL MATERIAL:||Solid Fiberglass|
|DISPLACEMENT:||124,500 lbs. / 56.47 MT|
|BALLAST:||8,500 lbs. / 3.86 MT|
|RANGE:||2,761 miles @ 8.5 knots|
|SPEED:||Cruise 8.5, Top 9.7 knots|
|LOA:||61’0” / 18.59M|
|LWL:||50’1” / 15.27M|
|BEAM:||18’0” / 5.49M|
|DRAFT:||Minimum 5’9” / 1.75M. Maximum 6’6” / 1.98M|
|C/P:||Prismatic Coefficient n/a|
|AIR DRAFT:||37’0" / 11.28M to top of antennas|
|MAIN ENGINE:||Lugger 1276A 340HP (Main hours: 2650)|
|EXHAUST:||Dry stack, keel cooled|
|TRANSMISSION:||Twin Disc MG5091SC 2.95:1 reduction gear|
|WING ENGINE:||Lugger L984D 70 HP (Wing hours: 430)|
|THRUSTERS:||ABT hydraulic 25 HP for bow and stern|
|STABILIZERS:||ABT TRAC 250 digital active fins, anchor flopper stoppers on both sides|
|ELECTRICAL:||60 Hertz – US style|
|GENERATOR:||Northern Lights 20 kW (Generator hours: 3310)|
|INVERTER:||Xantrex SW series|
|CLIMATE CONTROL:||Cruisair Air conditioning|
|WINDLASS:||Maxwell 3500 hydraulic|
|CRANE:||Aritex 1500 pound|
|TENDER:||Nautica RIB 13.5’ with Yamaha four stroke 60 HP outboard|
|NAV/COM:||Extensive, redundant. Primarily Furuno and Simrad|
|FUEL:||2,250 gallons / 8,517L (4 fiberglass, 1 aluminum)|
|HOLDING BLACK:||120 gallons / 454L|
|HOLDING GRAY:||110 gallons / 416L|
|FRESH WATER:||600 gallons / 2,271L|
|STATEROOMS:||(3) Master, Guest, Captain|
|HEADS:||(3) Raritan Atlantes freshwater toilets|
|GALLEY:||Propane stove and oven|
|INTERIOR STONE:||Granite and Marble|
Among the numerous upgrades South By West boasts, first and foremost is the Lugger L1276A main engine. This was ordered for reliability and legendary performance and coupled with an ABT full hydraulics package including ABT active fin stabilizers. South By West was one of the first 55’s ordered with the upgraded hydraulics package which requires the Lugger main and Lugger wing along with an ABT PTO package and hydraulic bow and stern thrusters each operated by proportional controls. There is also a hydraulic windlass on the bow, a chain wash down and an emergency bilge pump – all hydraulic – this is an expensive and very useful package that is rare on a 55. South By West can travel for long distance passages and handle close quarter maneuvering with equal ease of handling.
The interior on South By West features a light cherry wood. The interior looks like new and the improvements completed during the last seven years of ownership are summarized later in this brief. Every detail has been looked after and you will be hard pressed to find another Nordhavn 55 that is as “dialed in”.
With With over (50) Nordhavn 55’s launched, PAE retired this model to concentrate on the 60 and 63 (made from the same hull molds) so South By West represents an outstanding opportunity to buy an extremely well outfitted trawler with an asking price hundreds of thousands of dollars below the starting base price for a new build…and in addition to a huge savings, you don’t have to wait - you can take off immediately! Located in Stuart, FL she is poised for a cruise north to Maine, or a venture south to the islands. Think of the possibilities, a proven Nordhavn 55 with extensive upgrades, cruise ready and tugging at her dock lines to move again. All you need to add is diesel, provisions and your sense of adventure!
The popularity of this magnificent cruising trawler is as impressive as South By West is to behold in person. The 55 design has already accomplished Atlantic and Pacific crossings (sister ships) and there are Nordhavn 55’s literally spread all over the world. The Nordhavn 55 is an ideal platform for adventurous cruisers who seek the ultimate in a manageable passage maker.
There has been a rapid turnover of Nordhavn 55’s in the past year as buyers are snapping them up shortly after they become available. Don’t wait too long, South By West may be the next to sell and is definitely worth a trip to inspect in person if you are looking for the best value Nordhavn 55 available.
SOUTH BY WEST – HULL NUMBER 7
The Nordhavn 55 design is a very large yacht. Measuring nearly 62’ overall she is a hefty yacht with a lot of headroom and a large freeboard balanced by appropriate ballast to keep her on her feet underway. Her systems engineering benefits from the hundreds of ocean crossing Nordhavns who precede her and you will be hard pressed to find a better built boat than a Nordhavn anywhere. And speaking of anywhere, that’s exactly where she is built to take you…comfortably and economically. There is something to say about the advantages of buying a proven boat that has already been out exploring, it provides peace of mind and reassurance.
Accommodations and Layout
ACCOMMODATIONS & LAYOUT:
MAIN SALOON AND GALLEY:
You can board the Nordhavn 55 from the extended swim platform which leads to a centered cockpit door or from her starboard side deck. When you enter the saloon you will be impressed by the amount of space and luxurious appointments. The cherry joinery is beautiful and includes cherry and spruce soles along with cherry surfaces where normally you see laminate. This magnificently appointed interior includes many subtle improvements, like crown moldings and additional handrails. You will appreciate her leisure comforts and upon close inspection see that the built in flat screen television is installed forward in the galley counter – easy to enjoy while dining or traveling. This large saloon is great for relaxing and dining seated on comfortable cushions wrapped with ultra leather. There is a custom ordered 7’ sofa to starboard in lieu of the typical chairs many other 55’s have. The saloon features a large oversized permanent cherry dinette table with starburst pattern and high gloss varnish surface to port with L-shaped settee (abundant storage beneath the seating). Indirect rope lighting concealed in the valances provides great ambient light. There are also tinted windows to enhance privacy.
The saloon transitions into an elegant galley that is a barely noticeable two steps down and features all of the essential galley appliances. There is excellent ventilation in the galley provided by an opening port light outboard. There are plenty of overhead and under counter lockers and drawers for storing everything you need in a proper seagoing galley. This is a working galley where two people can share the counter space and the cherry and spruce floor along with drawers on stainless sliders provides a practical touch, one of many little well thought out delights you will find as you continue to learn more about South By West.
At the forward end of the saloon you ascend a flight of steps to arrive in the wheelhouse, or you can open a cabin door that leads to the master stateroom. Also off the galley is a stairway down that leads to the engine room via the utility room (which boasts a top load freezer and separate front loading clothes washer and clothes dryer).
Entering the Master by continuing forward from the galley makes for a single level layout that is one of the most appealing features of the 55 design (with both of the master stateroom doors open you have all of the living spaces essentially on one level). For privacy the Galley to Master door can be closed and then other crew aboard would go up and down through the pilothouse stairs to reach the forward Guest cabin. The large 7’ long island berth in the Master runs athwartship providing plenty of walking space, bed stand counters on both sides as well as two hanging lockers. There is an upholstered soft headboard. The large flat screen television on the starboard inboard bulkhead perpendicular to the bed is trimmed with cherry wood. There are opening port lights outboard to port and the Master stateroom, like the rest of the living spaces, is comfortably air-conditioned. A special opening hatch forward ducts to the Portuguese bridge walk way providing natural light and creating a protected air flow…a huge plus at anchor.
The Master connects to a large Head to starboard, which includes an oversized custom shower (in lieu of the standard bath tub) another first and one that was often copied. This is a spacious room featuring a nice head, proper sink and marble counter. There are mirrors, drawers, a medicine locker and plenty of room for his and hers toiletries. Elegant tile floors add a decorative flair. The shower has granite flooring, trim and seating.
The Nordhavn 55 Wheelhouse is huge and the view is spectacular. There is an expansive navigation console with overhead panels and below window dash panels logically outfitted with all of the necessary control panels needed to operate South By West. The upgraded high-back Stidd helm chair is the best seat in the house creating a very comfortable perch for your time on watch. The windows and outboard Dutch Doors are all Diamond Sea/Glaze commercial strength. A large L-shaped bench seat fronted by a beautiful cherry table makes this location the perfect place for “back seat” drivers and ideal for catching a bite to eat while enjoying the incredible panoramic view. All of the panels are varnished cherry, no laminate.
The helm dash features a large vertical 30” teak destroyer steering wheel. The main engine, wing engine and generator control panels are positioned for straight forward monitoring as are all of the other key systems display heads. There is a practical electric island that extends aft from the starboard side of the dash area and houses all of the DC and AC breakers plus the air conditioning select breakers and more. All of the ships electrical distribution panels are hinged for access to wiring.
South By West was ordered with the upgraded Lugger main engine and Lugger wing engine. For docking convenience she has ABT hydraulic bow and stern thrusters with proportional control joy sticks.
South By West is maneuvered with the convenient installation of two outside docking stations on the Portuguese bridge (plus the fly bridge) which include MMC electric controls for the main engine plus joy sticks for the bow and stern thrusters. There is an extensive collection of navigational electronics selected to include all necessities for long range coastal cruising and ocean passages.
All the way aft along the port side of the wheelhouse is an isolated captain’s cabin, ideally situated as a third stateroom that includes a wide double bed and storage. This cabin is situated conveniently near the action while at the same time secluded in privacy. There are also blinds on the windows.
Pilothouse Day Head:
Aft to starboard is one of the best features of the 55, a pilothouse head with toilet and sink for use by the captain and/or on watch crew. It also serves as a convenient day head due to its’ close proximity to the saloon.
Fronting the pilothouse is a Portuguese bridge deck from which you can go up and aft to port to reach the boat deck and flybridge, or out to starboard for a quick forward turn to the foredeck or face aft to walk along the covered side deck on your way back to the cockpit.
The wheelhouse has a nicely curved staircase forward that leads to the master and guest staterooms. This stairwell is beautifully varnished cherry with a stainless steel handrail. The stairwell includes lockers outboard to starboard.
All the way forward in the boat is a cleverly designed cabin with a centerline bulkhead that separates a double bed to port from an office desk and swivel chair to starboard. There are two doors forward to the head and shower. The stateroom has a centerline divider which includes a double sliding door for sleeping privacy to port and also boasts a swinging portion forward that, when pivoted forward to starboard, converts this entire area into one large suite. The bed to port will sleep two and there is a flat screen television mounted on the forward bulkhead.
The forward head has an overhead hatch and two cabin doors. A marble counter with sink and a cavernous medicine cabinet is located to starboard. A good sized shower and bi-fold door and a Raritan freshwater toilet are separated by a nice tile floor.
Beneath the guest stateroom is huge equipment and storage cellar, a “hidden” area that is accessed by a hinged floor hatch. You descend a sturdy ladder to find the bow thruster forward and all of the ship’s fresh water components including water heater, two fresh water pumps (24V and 110V), water maker and an extensive fresh water manifold system. This is a great storage area divided into four chambers. The forward bow chamber is the location for the bow thruster. Chamber two includes custom shelves for storing small containers and spares. The third/entrance chamber has conveniently positioned breakers for the windlass plus storage shelves. The Village Marine water maker (800gal ) per day) is also installed here. This entire area is set up like a work shop and features additional storage. The overhead has upgraded aluminum paneling. There is a (30) bottle wine cooler storage in the fourth chamber.
Descending the curved stairway from the Galley you arrive in the Utility room. This is a forward antechamber for the engine room and includes a top load freezer and separate front loading Bosch clothes washer and front loading Bosch clothes dryer outboard on each side.
The engine room is fronted by a thick gasketed Diamond Sea Glaze door with inspection window. The large Lugger 1276A primary engine is on centerline. Immediately to starboard upon entry is the gravity fed supply tank which receives fuel from the four main fuel tanks and distributes to the main engine and the generator (note: the wing engine has its own supply tank). On the starboard fuel tank bulkhead the plumbing manifolds for fuel return and fuel transfer are neatly arranged. There is also an oil change system installed. The port outboard bulkhead comprises the mounting location for the extensive hydraulics package. The engine room also includes a Sea Fire fire suppression system. There is a proprietary dual inlet seachest located on centerline beneath the main engine shaft which provides cooling water for the wing engine, generator, air conditioning, etc. Aft on the starboard side is the Lugger wing engine and day tank.
Aft to port is the Northern Lights 20kW generator. The floor panels are designed with removable lids in key areas for access to service and inspection. All the way aft is a door to the lazarette which is a great feature since it provides underway access to the steering, inverter and batteries without having to go on deck. The spaciousness in the engine room for getting around and observing provides the crew with areas to stand and/or sit making this vital area of the boat extraordinarily inviting.
Located beneath the aft deck cockpit, the lazarette is accessed via a massive fiberglass deck hatch (or can be “tunneled” to from the engine room). The dual hydraulic steering is located aft and there is also an emergency tiller mounted. There are several through hulls – all easy to get to. Xantrex SW series inverter/battery charger, Dolphin charger, Lifeline batteries, stern thruster, air conditioning and davit control motor are all neatly installed for secure operation. This important space is protected by a built in Sea Fire system. This lazarette is a working space that is easy to get around in for routine maintenance and inspection. There are even underwater lights!
South By West was ordered with the optional swim platform extension that makes for a great platform behind the cockpit allowing a nice dock for arriving by dinghy, a great place to jump in for a swim and a convenient way to board the boat via dock from either side. The swim step platform also features a hot/cold freshwater shower for convenient washing off. Teak decking!
COCKPIT and STARBOARD SIDE DECK:
The cockpit allows an area for relaxing and also incorporates a nice curved stairway up to the boat deck. Forward there is a fiberglass console with a sink and locker. A removable awning provides extra shade as needed. Access to the lazarette is provided by a huge hatch and you can also walk forward on the covered starboard side deck all the way to the foredeck. There are at anchor flopper stoppers mounted port and starboard. There is a boarding door aft and also one amidships on the starboard side for easy dock traffic mobility. More teak decking!
The Foredeck is entered from the centerline of the Portuguese bridge via a beautifully engineered hinged door. You have shore power connections up here and a field of deck hatches which provide natural airflow into the forward stateroom and head. Fresh water hose bib in the Foredeck entry way door steps. There is a factory installed boarding door on starboard side of Portuguese bridge deck. The ground tackle arrangement allows for two anchors and includes an electric windlass, secondary deck pipe for anchor two and a cavernous chain locker secured by a commercial grade Freeman hatch. Two full length sun pads have been added for the enjoyment of the owners and guests.
The boat deck, where the tender is stored, is accessed by ascending the stairway from the cockpit or by coming aft along the port side from the pilothouse. This large deck is directly over the saloon and provides a huge landing pad for the ships tender. There is an Aritex crane installed for launching and retrieving the 13.5’ Nautica rigid inflatable with 60HP Yamaha outboard.
Forward to starboard is a fiberglass deck box which contains an aluminum gasoline fuel tank and dispensing nozzle with pump for easy refills of the launch.. A pressure washer has been installed in the dry stack access locker.
Clearly a highlight of the 55 is the view from the flybridge, this is a wonderful place to operate the yacht and also a great place to relax and enjoy your anchorage. There are two upgraded Stidd helm chairs forward of a fiberglass lunch table with built in bench. All essential Navigation gear is installed for simplicity of operation underway and this is actually an ideal place to get a great perspective while docking. Navigation gear includes the Simrad autopilot, GPS, Icom VHF, Ritchie compass, intercom, stereo, search light pad, Furuno 15” chart plotter and more. There is a stainless steel canvas wrapped Bimini top to keep the sun and rain away. The storage area underneath the forward coaming is huge. A small fridge/ice maker and sink make entertaining easy.
Custom Features and Equipment
CUSTOM FEATURES & EQUIPMENT THAT ARE INCLUDED WITH SOUTH BY WEST
MACHINERY AND FUEL SYSTEM FEATURES:
- Lugger 1276A main engine (keel cooled with dry stack exhaust) with a Twin Disc transmission on a 2.95:1 reduction gear spinning a four bladed propeller
- Spurs line cutter on main and wing engine shaft
- Lugger L-984D 70 HP wing engine with folding Gori propeller and 10 gallon day tank
- ABT Trac #250 digital active fin stabilization
- ABT 25 HP hydraulic bow thruster
- ABT 25 HP hydraulic stern thruster
- Cruisair air conditioning with four zones– saloon, pilothouse, master and guest stateroom. This system includes reverse cycle heating when warm air is desired.
- SeaFire fire suppression system for engine room and lazarette
- Oberdorfer oil changer for main, wing and generators
- Dual inlet sea chest for raw water cooling including custom chest vent
- Dual Racors for Main engine and Racor fuel filter with fuel transfer manifold
- Dinghy gasoline tank storage on boat deck
- Underwater lighting
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM FEATURES:
- Xantrex pure sine wave inverter with battery charger
- Dolphin battery charger
- Marinco TV/Phone inlet
- Northern Lights 20 kW Generator
- AC electrical system includes galvanic isolator
- Shore power connections in cockpit and on foredeck
- (2) 50’ 50 amp shore power cord
- Lightning ground system
- Glendinning shore power cord system at stern
- Additional interior rope lighting in kick spaces and valences
- Overhead lights with dimmers in saloon, pilothouse, master and guest staterooms
- SSB ground with dyna plate
- Inverter bypass breaker set up in lazarette
GALLEY, LAUNDRY AND PLUMBING FEATURES:
- Fresh water deck wash down at bow, stern, engine room, boat deck and flybridge
- Scandvik cockpit shower
- Raritan fresh water electric toilets in heads
- Village Marine Squirt 800 gallon per day water maker
- GE Profile convection microwave – outboard above stove
- GE Dishwasher
- SubZero 700TC refrigerator
- SubZero freezer drawers with icemaker
- 30” GE Profile gas cook top with four propane burners
- GE electric oven
- GE Monogram Trash compactor with stainless face
- Kohler stainless steel sink
- Garbage disposal with three way valve to direct overboard or to gray tank
- Grohe faucet
- Granite counter tops in galley and marble in heads
- Bosch clothes washer and Bosch clothes dryer (both front loading)
- Pantry lockers and drawers
- Deep Freezer
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATIONS ELECTRONICS, WHEELHOUSE FEATURES:
- Lugger main engine panel with Murphy gauge and auxiliary panel – MMC controls
- Lugger wing engine panel with Morse controls
- Pilothouse dash navigation panels raised for larger 22” monitors and all cherry wood
- Starburst pattern on pilothouse table
- Furuno chart plotting computer (2) and 1 Dell computer window 7 with Nobeltec Time zero software, interfaced with the Furuno Vx2 network.
- (2) Valhalla 20” VGA daylight monitors (note: Port screen has display error that is not going to be repaird by seller)
- Simrad AI80 AIS
- Furuno Satellite compass SC50
- (4) Furuno RD30 data displays (+ 1 in the master bedroom ) Note: RD30 on flybridge replaced January, 2016
- Valhalla dedicated wind vane instrument with barometer
- NavNet commander nav software
- Glomex TV antenna
- Furuno 1954 C black box 12kW Radar with 6’ open array
- Furuno 1944 C black box 6kW Radar with 4’ open array
- (2) Simrad AP50 auto pilots
- Simrad FU follow up control
- Crestron entertainment package with touch panel. All the pilothouse screen navigation data is transferable via the Crestron to the flybridge Furuno, the master room TV and the salon TV.
- Denon personal home theater system
- Clarion AM/FM/CD player (flybridge)
- Simrad R135 rudder angle indicator
- (2) Accu-Steer hydraulic steering pumps for auto pilot
- Simrad FU 25 follow up lever in pilothouse, flybridge, aft docking station and both Portuguese bridge docking stations
- Inmarsat satellite phone
- SeaTel satellite television system
- Digital Wireless Cell phone repeater / amplifier
- Cordless telephone intercom system
- Upgraded Kahlenberg Horn
- Push button hydraulics control panel
- Windshield wiper controls
- Maxwell windlass control
- ABT proportional control joy sticks for bow and stern thruster
- FLIR night vision
- Closed circuit TV cameras – cockpit, engine room, lazarette and stack.
- SSB-Furuno FS1503 single sideband radio
- (3) Icom M-602 all channel VHF radios. One with loudhailer and one with a slave unit in the master bedroom.
- Carlisle and Finch search light
- 30” cherry wood vertical destroyer wheel
- Ritchie compass
- Stidd helm chair
- Village Marine water maker control panel
- Weems and Plath Clock
- Weems and Plath Barometer
43. Lugger main engine has auxiliary panel
44. ABT TRAC active fins stabilizer panel
45. Lewmar chain counter
46. Mathers electronic engine controls for main engine – pilothouse, flybridge, cockpit, port and starboard wing
HULL, DECK, COCKPIT & FLYBRIDGE ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT:
- Maxwell 3500 hydraulic windlass
- 400 feet 1/2” HT chain
- 170 lb. plow anchor with swivel
- Hydraulic deck wash down system
- Teak decks
- Fortress 85 lb. spare anchor & chain & rope
- Nautica RIB 13.5’rigid inflatable with center console with cover (refreshed in 2015)
- Yamaha four stroke 60 HP outboard (skid pad on deck)
- Transverse dinghy hull chocks and tie downs
- Canvas covers for hatches
- White mesh screens for windows
- Bimini top – stainless steel frame, lighting, canvas cover
- (2) Stidd helm chairs on flybridge
- Built in sink and fridge/icemaker on flybridge
- Custom larger “wings” on the fiberglass exhaust stack
- (2) Furuno 1920 chart plotter color monitor
- Simrad Autopilot on flybridge with jog lever
- ICOM M602 VHF radio
- ABT Stabilizer, searchlight, anchor, camera- controls on fly bridge
- Portuguese bridge starboard side boarding door
- Flag halyards
- Large teak ensign staff (varnished)
- Chain stopper on primary anchor
- Port and Starboard side docking station on Portuguese bridge and cockpit docking station with engine and thruster controls, horn and windlass toggle
- Extended Swim platform
- Hot and cold fresh water shower
- Stern teak caprail - varnished
- Fishing rod holders
- Stainless hand rails in numerous additional places on deck
- Cockpit bait/filet table
- Folding teak table and (4) teak chairs (with cushions) for cockpit relaxing and dining
- Small stainless steel folding ladder for the forward starboard dock door
INTERIOR ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT:
- Custom window covers for all windows and master hatches
- Designer accent pieces throughout
- Oceanair screen/shades on hatches
- 42” Samsung flat screen TV on remote control lift in main salon
- 32” Sony flat screen TV mounted in master stateroom
- Custom bed installed in master stateroom (7’ long)
- Custom roll up canvas bug screens for all three Dutch doors (two in PH, one in saloon)
- Givens 6 man offshore life raft on foredeck in Pelican case
- Extensive paper navigation charts
- Additional high water bilge pump
- 2 Lifeslings
- All USCG safety equipment
Upgrades During Ownership
SOUTH BY WEST - UPGRADES DURING OWNERSHIP
- New all boat wax (2014)
- New Bottom paint (including propellers), new zincs (2014)
- New Samsung 42’ TV in Salon (2014)
- New Membranes for water maker (2014)
- Water maker full maintenance(2014)
- Apple TV in Salon (2014)
- Change all fuel and oil filters and oil for main, wing and generator (2014)
- Generator full maintenance (2013)
- Replaced all belts and water pumps turbines for main, wing, generator (2013)
- Rebuilt and repainted davit (2013)
- Added second camera aft deck (new) (2013)
- New desktop with Nobeltec Time Zero software connected to Navnet Vx2 (2012)
- New portable computer (back up to main) with time zero software connected to Navnet if needed or to independent GPS.
- Independent GPS connection on portable computer. (2012)
- Added aft awning (removable) (2012)
- Added wiring and switch box to make the 2 autopilots and the 2 steering pumps fully interchangeable. (2011)
- Replaced fuel transfer pump with larger one (2010)
- Added bottom bilge pump (2010)
- Replaced original bilge pump and elevated it for better suction and flow (2010)
- Replaced canvas and Bimini top (2011)
- Added engine control box on pilothouse panel (2009)
- Upgraded to larger steering pumps (2) (2007)
- Added 110v fresh water pump (2007) Kept 24v pump as back up
- Added FLIR camera (2007)
- Added Syrens Wi-Fi system (2007)
- Added 30 bottle wine cooler (pump room) (2007)
- Sunbathing cushions (2) in the front of the boat (2011)
- Pressure washer (installed in the dry stack compartment on dinghy deck) (2012)
- Weems and Plath: Barometer and Temperature/ Humidity
- Extensive spare parts collection – several pages of organized parts inventory
- Replaced all headliners in overhead (2015)
- Varnish teak caprail in cockpit (2015)
- Detail interior, exterior and engine room (2015)
South By West is a USCG documented and registered vessel with US duty paid. The hull and topsides have been cleaned and waxed on a regular basis. All of the systems are proven and her equipment is sound. If you are in the market for an outstanding long-range passage maker at an exceptional price please give South By West a very close look. An extensive photo inventory of South By West is available by request.
ASKING PRICE: $1,195,000.00 LOCATION: Stuart, FL
Upgrades and service projects in 2016
Since January of 2016 the owners have made a renewed commitment to service and maintenance making sure the hull has been waxed, teak decks scrubbed and interior detailed (including machinery spaces). Recent work completed aside from weekly maintenance visits, bi-monthly exterior cleaning, annual bottom painting, and twice yearly exterior waxing is outlined below.
- Exhaust elbows replaced on generator and wing engine.
- Exhaust blankets replaced on main engine
- Cockpit caprail was stripped and varnished.
- All 3 exterior doors and the flybridge chair pedestals were stripped, primed and repainted with Awl Grip.
- New flybridge ice maker.
- Removed and powder coated the deck lights
- Replaced all of the interior headliners and repaired the recessed lights.
- Fabricated SS lid for utility room freezer
- Replaced anchor
- Completed detailed infra-red electrical survey done by the insurance company and replaced 2 circuit breakers that showed weak.
- Acid cleaned the AC system and replaced the raw water manifold. Replaced the Sub Zero condenser coil and serviced fridge.
Appointment, showing, co-brokerage
Please contact listing broker Jeff Merrill directly to learn more and to schedule a visit aboard.
Brokers, this listing is available for co-brokerage at 50/50. Courtesy showings are available by appointment after signed co-op. Subject to appropriate licensing (CA/FL) where required.
Exclusions and Disclaimer
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct, but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to – Paintings, Diving gear, Kayak, Tools (tool box remains), Drogue, Hookah, Paddle Board, Windsurf Boards and Binoculars. Owner’s personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Details regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel have been obtained from sources believed reliable, but the owner and brokers cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or the condition of the vessel. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his/her agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc.
Port St. Lucie, FL, United States