2005 J Boats J/100
- View Full Specifications
Priced for quick sale
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Jamestown, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 69,500
This J 100 is ready to go. Just out of International marine where the boat was freshened up for the season
100% Perfect for a day's sail. Recapture the Joy!
Approx. 50 engine hours
Custom Kinder storage cover
The jib is on a Hoyt Jib boom and the mail sail is on Harkin mast cars for easy single handed sailing
There’s nothing quite like steering a sleek, fast boat with a light touch on the tiller, the stability of a keel below, being close to the water and sliding through waves with barely a whisper.
One’s standard of acceleration and that feeling of being one with wind, wave and boat probably started on a small dinghy…a Hobie Cat, Sunfish or inland scow. Then as one’s boats got larger, some of the magic faded. Sure, cruising was an adventure and the camaraderie of a winning race crew unforgettable.
But, now it seems there’s less time for such pursuits. Priorities change. Every moment counts. Time’s too precious and the alternatives too numerous to put up with any boat less than what will recapture those simple joys of sailing.
J/100 is designed to do just that.
The comforts that experienced sailors appreciate are part of the package. A two cylinder inboard saildrive hums along at 6.5 knots like a sewing machine, when you can hear it. Why limit your horizons because the wind might die? There’s a bona fide marine head and even a couple of bunks with an option for a V-berth forward for the occasional overnight. A dodger works to extend the sailing season.
If you plan to single-hand the boat or do some relaxed non-spinnaker racing, the Hoyt jib boom shown above works great! No need to overwork the crew or have anyone on the foredeck when there’s a self-tacking jib and auto-whisker pole.
If the joy of sailing is a priority- the feel of acceleration and response of a good boat- we believe you’ll find this ‘J” to be a "perfect" day’s sail!
Call for showing:
Please contact Tim Kohl at 401 682-2010
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Rod Johnstone
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 32 ft 10 in
Beam: 9 ft 4 in
LWL: 29 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Displacement: 6500 lbs
Ballast: 2500 lbs
Dry Weight: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 10 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: Yanmar 2GM 20F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 50
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 10 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 15
Fuel Tanks: 10
Number of single berths: 2
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of heads: 1
Electric bilge pump
Manufacturer Provided Description
J/100 is designed with comfortable, self-bailing cockpit having full-length seats with backrests and a full-width dodger for weather protection. The simple interior layout includes 2 berths and a marine head. A forward V-berth is optional. If the wind dies, a 10 HP diesel auxiliary with folding prop is standard.
IJPE : 478.00 sq ft
I : 38.50 ft
J : 11.50 ft
P : 38.00 ft
E : 13.50 ft
Working Sail Area : 478.00 sq ft
Hull & Deck Construction
- Composite hull and deck built with resin infusion molding system using biaxial and unidirectional glass fabrics with Baltek end-grained balsa core.
- 10 year transferable warranty against hull blistering.
- White gel coat hull with single (1.75" to 3.25") tapered bootstripe.
- Large sit-in cockpit with 9.5’ seats having comfortable 13.75” backrests, suitable for cockpit cushions.
- Two cockpit seat storage lockers.
- One lazarette storage locker.
- One foredeck anchor locker with overboard drain.
- Swimming and boarding platform sculpted into aft face of full height transom with integral safety ladder.
- Molded companionway seahood and dodger spray shield bosses.
- Teak foredeck toe-rails.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded to hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single opening to head and forepeak.
- Longitudinal and transverse keel support beams and integral mast step.
Keel and Rudder
- Lead & antimony fixed 5.75' draft, fin keel with bulb bolted to a deep molded sump. (4.5’ shoal draft option)
- Balanced hi-aspect spade rudder constructed using "E" glass with stainless rudder post and self-aligning Jefa rudder bearings.
Curved laminated wood tiller with adjustable tiller extension.
Spars and Rigging
- Tapered carbon fiber mast with double airfoil aluminum spreaders, main, jib, spin halyard and topping lift sheaves, spin/whisker pole track with sliding eye on front of mast, Harken System “A” mainsail luff track; mast finished in Awlgrip off-white.
- G10 fiberglass mast step with fore/aft adjustment slots and SS padeye for through bolt securing of mast to step.
- Mast wedge kit.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.