Broker’s Comment: A couple from Rochester, NY owned the vessel and it had very light use on Lake Ontario (Only 63 on the engine). They traded her on a new powerboat and her current owner moved the 38 to Erie, PA…Lake Erie’s fresh water. I actually assisted on the final leg from Buffalo to Erie. The day started with a thunderstorm and 20 knots winds on the nose. It didn’t get any better on the way to Erie.
I was very familiar with the Hunter 38 having had the pleasure 2 seasons before to have one as my demo. My companion and I enjoyed the boat very much. Stable, roomy, deceptively fast, comfortable in all conditions. The In-mast furling main made it easy to sail and though we mostly day-sailed the trips we took across the lake were comfortable and fast.
This 38 did not disappoint her new owner and soon he realized she could take the harsh treatment Lake Erie dished out that day. I could see his confidence in her grow. Family changes have forced him to put her up for sale. She has been professionally maintained and has had light use again.
Tracy Buczak at RCR Yachts in Erie, PA, 814-455-6800, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Tracy Buczak at 814-455-6800
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 38 ft 3 in
Beam: 12 ft 7 in
LWL: 32 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 16000 lbs
Ballast: 5900 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 59 ft 6 in
Hunter Marine's 38 is an evolutionary boat that comes from the finest of innovation and consumer input Hunter has ever had. Comfort, convenience and livability are what the 38 is all about. Abundant natural light streams in from the Hunter signature windshield as well as the many fixed and screened ports; not to mention the multiple overhead hatches, which also admit a tremendous amount of fresh air. At anchor or at the dock, the placement of the ports assures you of great ventilation, and obviously, reverse cycle air and heat are an optional choice for your cruising comfort.
Entertaining or handling the family is easy with the enlarged salon complete with a convertible dinette and facing settee. Storage is plentiful as is electronic space at the integrated nav-station. A Corian® covered, full-service galley comes complete right down to the dishware and any chef will adore the side-by-side ice boxes and top-loading trash bin set each side of the double basin, stainless sink.
The private forward stateroom includes an ensuite vanity with sink and storage as well as plenty of hanging locker space and drawer storage. Aft, you'll find the master stateroom with a huge queen berth and more storage. Privacy is enhanced by the dual access head that offers a Corian® covered vanity and shower stall all wrapped in a complete fiberglass shell for easy cleaning and maintenance. A tri-cabin version is also available for those who want to accommodate even more family or friends. On deck, the cockpit is designed for the comfort of the skipper and crew, not for the ease of the builder. By bringing the coaming out to the gunnels, Hunter has increased the overall space to incredible proportions to include seating for eight. A custom console with folding table leaves is perfect for those alfresco meals. Take the time to compare the innovations, comfort, performance and with the competition and then compare the value. We know you'll be impressed.
• Accordian Window Shades • Convertible High-Gloss Dinette Table • w/Hinging Leaf • Designer Fabrics on Cushions • Everwear® Laminate Cabin Sole • Handrails • 6’6" Headroom • Large Cedar-Lined Hanging Locker • Large Salon Ports • Navigation Station w/Space for Electronics • Storage Lockers on Hull Sides • 120 and 12 Volt Outlets
• Built-in Lounging Chair • Large Cedar-Lined Hanging Locker • Large Shelves and Dresser Drawers • (5) Opening Ports/Hatches • Private Access to Head and Shower • Vanity Mirror w/Storage Bin • Wet Locker
• AC and DC Electrical Outlets • Built-In Waste Bin • Double Stainless Sinks • Genuine Corian® Countertops • 3-Burner LPG, Gimbaled Stove w/Oven • Handrails • Microwave • (6) “Hunter” Plates, Bowls & Mugs • Storage Cabinets and Drawers • Front Loading Refrigerator • Separate Freezer
• AC/ DC Switch Panel • AM/FM Stereo/CD Player w/4 Speakers • 60 Amp Alternator • Battery Charger – 30 Amp • Cabin Reading Lights • Dockside Power w/Cord • Dual 12-Volt Battery Switches • Electric Automatic Bilge Pump • 35 Gallon (132 L) Waste Holding Tank w/Macerator • 75 Gallon (284 L) Water Capacity • 30 Gallon (114 L) Fuel Capacity • 6 Gallon (23 L) Electric Water Heater • Hot/Cold Pressure Water System • Isolation Transformer • Navigation Light Package • Raymarine® ST60 Digital Depthsounder w/Alarm • Raymarine® ST60 Digital Knotmeter w/Log • Shower Sump Pump • Tank Gauges – Fuel, Water & Waste • VHF Radio w/Stainless Antenna • Yanmar® 40 HP (29.6 KW) Diesel Auxiliary • w/Two-Blade Prop
• Air Horn • Danforth-Type Anchor and Line • Automatic Engine Room Fire Extinguishing System • Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors • Emergency Tiller • (2) Fire Extinguishers • Handheld Flares • (4) Life Jackets • Throwable Device
• Dual Zone Air Conditioning System • RayMarine 7000 Autopilot • C80 Color GPS/Chart Plotter • Dodger, Dual Biminis, Connector • Inverter • Tank Monitoring System • Instrument POD Extension at Helm • Propeller, 3 Blade Flexofold • VHF Remote at Helm • Custom steel cradle
MARINER PACKAGE UPGRADE
• 40hp Engine Upgrade • 36" Folding Leather Wheel • Electric Anchor Windlass • Inner Spring Mattress (aft) • RayMarine ST-60 Knot/Depth • RayMarine ST-60 Wind Machine • BOSE System Upgrade • Ocean Air Shades • Refrigeration • In-Mast Furling • Mainsheet Traveler Mounted on Arch • Oceanair Integral Screen and Shades
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Interested in this boat?Toll-free: 866-418-4253Tel: 814.455.6800