- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Cape May, NJ
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 195,000
The Surfhunter 29, designed by C. Raymond Hunt Associates and quality-built by Hunt Yachts in Portsmouth, RI, is quite simply the finest boat in its class.
The Hunt Design firm has devoted itself to the design and development of the Hunt “Deep V” for over half a century. This boat is dry, fast, elegant and comfortable and runs well on plane at very low speeds. Purposely designed and built to offer unsurpassed seakeeping ability, performance in all conditions, top efficiency, safety and style, the Surfhunter 29 embodies all the knowledge and lessons learned by the most talented minds in the business.
BLAZER is being offered for sale by her original owner. In the fall of 2016, Wellington Yacht Partners ran the boat from Cape May, NJ, to Annapolis and then up to the yard where she was stored for the winter on the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal, so we can attest to the fact the boat runs like a top. Her 310 hp Volvo D6 Common Rail diesel cruises the boat easily and economically at 28 knots - all day long! The electronic throttle and shift is a joy to use around the dock. The counter-rotating props on the sterndrive, along with a powerful bow thruster, make maneuvering in tight quarters a cinch.
BLAZER has been polished and waxed, varnished and painted and with her brand new bimini top and new curtains she really looks the part. The boat is being launched during the second week of May and is therefore being presented in “sail away” condition.
WELLINGTON YACHT PARTNERS -- BROKERAGE OFFICES: Portsmouth, Rhode Island; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Falmouth, Maine.
Miles DAVID, Chris FAIRFAX, Dolf HAFFENREFFER, Chet HARTSHORN, Ted HOOD, Murray LORD, Bob MARSTON, John PERKINS, Bruce SZAMIER, Jim WETHERALD.
Please contact Wellington Yacht Partners at (401) 683-6070
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hunt Yachts
Designer: C. Raymond Hunt
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Deep Vee
LOA: 29 ft 6 in
Beam: 10 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 1 ft 8 in
Dry Weight: 7500 lbs
Total Power: 310 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: D6-310
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 779
Drive Type: Stern drive
Engine Power: 310 HP
Maximum Speed: 36 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (28 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (150 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Plastic (15 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 1
Number of heads: 1
The belowdecks accommodations on the Surfhunter 29 are extremely well-thought-out and offer excellent utilization of space for weekend and light cruising. A full-length V-Berth with filler provides ample sleeping space for two. A large Lewmar overhead hatch with screen and (3) Lewmar opening ports with screens provide excellent natural ventilation. The large, full stand-up head is aft to starboard and features a large Corian vanity with lots of surface area, plenty of storage and an opening port with screen. There is also a solar-powered ventilator on the overhead, for continuous passive ventilation.
The galley is ideally situated at the base of the companionway steps, and again provides more than adequate amenities and storage for weekend cruising and entertaining.
- Satin-varnished cherry joinery
- Teak and holly cabin sole
- Sunbrella fabric
- Norcold 12 V / 110 V refrigerator
- Single-burner butane cooktop
- Corian galley countertops with fiddles
- Deep single S/S galley sink
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Microwave oven
- 12 V overhead dome lights
- 12 V bulkhead-mounted reading lights
- 110 V GFCI outlets in galley and head
- 12 V utility outlet in galley
- Manual marine head
- Extendable head sink/shower fixture
- Towel rack
- Clothes hook
Most people, whether underway or at rest, spend most of their time on a boat of this size in the cockpit. Hunt recognizes this, and as such, the heart of the Surfhunter 29’s living space is the cockpit.
The high level of experience in boat design, the forethought and excellent utilization of space is immediately apparent as soon as you step onboard. In short, most folks believe the boat is much larger than 29 feet, and you will be hard-pressed to find another boat in this size class that offers the comfort and elegance that the Surfhunter 29 provides in the cockpit seating arrangement.
BLAZER features a beautiful choice of fabrics and colors to add further elegance and functionality to this high-use area. Also, should any significant work need to be done to the machinery or tankage, or the day arrives that removal of these major components is necessary, the entire cockpit deck is removable in relatively short order.
- Reinforced bimini bow with Stamoid bimini top (new top, 2017)
- Full cockpit enclosure (new side and stern curtains, 2017)
- Fiberglass helm console with varnished teak shelf, handholds, trim and fiddles
- Teak instrument cluster
- Custom S/S steering wheel
- Teak ladder-back helm seat with adjustable pedestal
- L-shaped settee on port side, with storage under
- Custom varnished teak cockpit table (removable)
- Teak-louvered companionway doors
- Self-bailing cockpit with scuppers and guttered deck hatches
- Teak cockpit boarding steps
- Engine box seating with storage area
- Removable transom seat
- Hot and cold pressure shower on transom
- (4) LED cockpit courtesy lights
HULL and DECK
The Surfhunter 29 is built on the proven Hunt Deep V hull form from C. Raymond Hunt Associates. The bottom of the boat is solid hand-laid E-glass with full-length longitudinal stringers for superior no-nonsense strength and impact resistance, and is Vinylester barrier-coated for protection against osmotic blisters. The hull sides and deck are fiberglass sandwich construction using closed-cell foam core material for zero moisture intrusion. Each Hunt is built to last, both structurally and aesthetically.
- Flag Blue hull with cream decks and cream non-skid, with matching boot stripe
- Vinyl gold leaf cove stripe
- White ablative antifouling paint
- Custom powder-coated windshield with hand rails to match deck color
- Pantograph windshield wipers, port and starboard
- Side-opening windshield vents, port and starboard
- S/S bow rail
- Full extruded rub rail with S/S striker
- Large anchor locker with drain
- 14 lb. Delta anchor with 15 ft. S/S chain and 200 ft. nylon rode
- Large S/S bow cleat
- S/S bow chocks
- Spring cleats, port and starboard
- (2) Stern cleats, port and starboard
- Wichard deck pad eyes for fenders
- (2) Transom storage lockers
- Teak swim platform with S/S telescoping swim ladder and S/S transom-mounted handhold
- Custom varnished teak flag staff and socket with yacht ensign
- USCG nav. lights
- Dock lines
- (3) Fenders with fleece covers
- (4) Group 31 12 V batteries (new 2013) with selector switch and parallel switch
- 12 V utility outlet at helm
- 10 amp automatic battery charger
- Inverter 1750 watt
- 600 watt transducer
- 30 amp shore power service with 50 ft. power cord
- (2) 12 V outlets
- Clarion AM/FM/CD with remote control at helm
- (2) Cockpit speakers; (2) interior speakers
ENGINE and MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
- SidePower electric bow thruster
- Power assisted hydraulic steering
- Trim tabs with position indicator
- Custom thru-hull and strainer for raw water engine intake (not through stern drive)
- 6-gal. S/S water heater (110 V and engine heated)
- 1,100 gph automatic bilge pump (aft)
- 750 gph automatic bilge pump (fwd.)
- (2) 75 gal. fuel tanks with S/S deck fills
- 28 gal. poly-molded water tank with S/S deck fill
- AFI 12 V electric air horn
NAVIGATION and COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT
All electronics and navigation systems are flush-mount installed in the helm console in a logical, easy-to-view and -reach location.
- Ritchie magnetic compass with cover
- Northstar 6000i chart plotter/radar/fish finder
- ICOM M502 DSC VHF radio
- Navionics Gold XL3 charts
BLAZER runs beautifully and is priced to sell. She is a great value with her state-of-the-art Volvo D6 fully-electronic diesel which is economical, reliable, built to last, quiet and provides all the torque required to move the boat along even when fully loaded with gear and a gaggle of guests.
She is quite the looker, too. The color scheme of the interior, canvas, cockpit fabrics and cushions with contrasting nonskid and Flag Blue hull compliments the overall look of the boat.
The owner's personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.