- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 157,500 Tax Paid
Back on the Market with a Major Price Reduction
Win Races in Style
Grand Soleil yachts, performance cruiser-racers built by Cantiere del Pardo, now in their 35th anniversary year are an icon of "made in Italy" performance, design and style. Grand Soleil has always been associated with the top names in yacht design. The Grand Soleil 37 represents the current working partnership with America's Cup and Volvo designers Botin and Carkeek.
Kalevala II has everything you'll need to go cruising or win races or . Her extra tall rig and deep keel make this Grand Soleil 37 an outstanding performer in PHRF and IRC. She offshore capable and is ORC cat 1 certified. She has a beautiful Italian crafted teak interior with full cruising amenities. You won't find a nicer dual purpose yacht. In the water and at our dock in Annapolis.
Please call David Malkin for an apointment or additional information at 410-280-2038 ext 15
Come see why North Point Yacht Sales is making a difference.
Please contact David Malkin at 410 280-2038
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Grand Soleil
Designer: Botin and Carkeek
LOA: 37 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Displacement: 15300 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: MD2040
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Stepping below you are greeted with a spacious open salon with teak throughout. She exudes warmth and class.
The layout starts with the nav and large head/shower aft. Behind the nav is a large private aft cabin. The main salon has a full galley to port with 12v refer and all the room and accoutrement you could want. The table is a squared oval capable of seating 6 to 8. The table converts to make a larger double berth. Forward is a large centerline queen. It is flanked by good sized lockers with shelves.Blue Ultra-Suede cushions
- Teak cabinetry and bulkheads
- Halogen lighting
- Synthetic teak like floors
- 2 large and 2 small over head hatches
- Center line queen 6'5"
- 2 large lockers w/ shelves
- Full length side shelves
- Port side galley
- 2 burner propane stove w/oven
- 12v Refrigeration Isotherm
- Polished SS double sink
- Ample secure storage
- Large convertible table
- U shaped settee w/ seating for 6
- Aft Cabin
- Large quarter berth 6'6"x 4'6"
- Large locker w/ shelves
- Aft head w/ separate shower
- 5'11" head room
- Jabsco marine head
Electronics & Electrical
- Iridium satellite phone
- Raymarine Raytech computer software compatible.
- Ray 54E VHF.
- Raymarine RC435 GPS/CP.
- Raymarine AIS Transever
- Raymarine ST 6000 autopilot.
- Raymarine ST60 speed.
- Raymarins ST60 wind speed/direction.
- Raymarine ST60 depth.
- Raymarine Graphics display
- Radio/CD player with saloon and cockpit speakers.
- Shore power with US and Euro outlets
- 12v system with 2 house and 1 engine batteries
Kalevala is turbo charged with an extra tall "IRC" rig giving here an additional 5' of mast height. She has all the tools you will need to hit the race course without additional investment. Plus cruising and deliveries sails consisting of Kevlar/carbon main and 3 kevlar/carbon jibs, all from 2006.
- North 3di Main 2015
- Quantum Fusion X inshore mainsail, September 2008.
- Doyle delivery main, Dacron, 2006
- North 3di Code 1 jib, 2015
- Quantum Fusion X Code 1 jib, 2009
- Quantum Fusion X Code 2 jib, 2008
- Quantum Fusion X Code 3 jib, 2009
- Doyle VMG spinnaker, 2006
- Doyle Runner spinnaker, 2006
- North Code Zero, 2014
- Doyle storm trysail, 2006
- Doyle storm jib, 2006
Deck & Spars
- Deck Gear
- Navtec Hydraulic back-stay tensioner, back up Holmatro back-stay tensioner.
- Sparcraft Rigid vang.
- Up-graded Vectran mainsail halyard.
- Up-graded Vectran and Spectra jib halyards.
- Up-graded Harken 48.2 genoa sheet winches.
- Up-graded Harken 44.2 halyard winches.
- Larger steering wheel with double spokes and leather trim.
- Harken deck gear throughout.
- Sparcraft anodised double spreader rig with jumpers, swept-aft spreaders to negate need of running back-stays.
- Mast stiffened with a special sleeve.
- Synthetic (PBO) standing rigging throughout. Rod rigging as a spare.
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole.
Kalevala is truly a special boat. She has the "Performance Package" with IRC tall mast, lead keel, 40hp engine, up-graded genoa and halyard winches, racing steering wheel. Sandwich construction hull for improved strength and rigidity. Very substantial galvanized steel reinforcing grid to take the loads of the keel-stepped mast, the lead keel and the standing rigging.
- Teak cockpit sole and seats.
- White hull and coachroof with blue style lines.
- Baltoplate antifouling, April 2010.
- Teak bathing platform on transom. IRC lead keel bolted to the steel reinforcing frame.
- Deep spade rudder hung on self-aligning stainless steel needle bearings for "fingertip" steering quality