- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 500,000
Mark Ellis redifined the concept of a motorsailer with this handsome design which performs well under sail and power.
BLUE LEADER is designed to be either sailed or powered by a small crew. Her pilothouse offers 360-degree visibility and full controls to operate the boat protected from the weather. A Leisure Furl boom, electric winches, roller furling genoa and autopilot assist in shorthanded sailing.
The cockpit and salon are on one level offering spacious areas for entertaining. The attention to detail and lovely joinerwork below are first class and provide a comfortable spacious interior for cruising or living aboard.
BLUE LEADER has been well maintained and is offered by her second owner.
Please contact Linda Warren, CPYB at 978-744-7070 office
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Mark Ellis
LOA: 52 ft 6 in
Beam: 15 ft 5 in
LWL: 45 ft 5 in
Length on Deck: 47 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 44000 lbs
Ballast: 16000 lbs
Total Power: 135 HP
Engine Brand: 135 HP John Deere
Engine Model: 4.5L
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 750
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 135 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (40 Gallons)
The owner’s cabin is forward with centerline berth, vanity and hanging locker. There are louvered lockers outboard and above the berth. Two overhead hatches provide light and ventilation. Drawer storage is under the berth.
The heads are located on the portside. The owner’s head can be accessed from the owner’s stateroom or from the hall. The guest head is located across from the guest cabin. Both heads have Vacuflush toilets, stainless sinks and corian counters. Between the two heads is a separate stall shower which can be accessed from either head. The aft head can be used as a day head.
The guest cabin is on the starboard side with upper and lower berths. There is a hanging locker and drawer storage.
Steps lead up to the main salon and also lift for engine room access. The salon is raised with excellent 360 degree visibility. To port is a U shaped dinette.
To starboard is the inside steering station with full controls and electronics. Steering is hydraulic at the inside helm. Behind the helm is a Settee.
The interior is handsomely finished in mahogany with Herreshoff style white bulkheads. Quality stainless hardware throughout. Teak and holly cabin sole. The overhead hatches all have Oceanair screens and blinds. The side windows have wood blinds. Cushions are cinnamon colored ultra suede.
Library and Galley
The galley is located to port and is U shaped. There is plenty of counter space and room for two people. Sea Frost 12 volt cold plate refrigeration and freezer, microwave and 3 burner Force 10 propane stove with oven. An under mounted stainless sink with pressure water faucet and fresh and salt water manual foot pumps. Leaded glass lockers and louvered mahogany storage lockers provide lots of storage for dry goods and dishes.
Across from the galley is the library with an entertainment center and a single athwartship settee that can be converted to a berth. This is a relaxing place to read and keep the cook company in the galley. There is a combination washer dryer in a locker accessed from the library.
Deck and Hull
- Hull is a two-piece Core-Cell with solid molded in rail, Vinylester resin throughout, solid fiberglass in areas of thru hulls, struts, shafts, rudder post and centerline.
- Deck is single-piece Core Cell cored fiberglass molded with non-skid pattern on working surfaces; solid fiberglass and aluminum backup plates on all through deck hull fittings.
- Fiberglass roving and unidirectional reinforcements over foam floors with limber holes.
- Deck flange bolted and bonded to hull flange.
- Cast lead alloy ballast.
- Navy topsides with white boot and cove
- Decks are white with beige nonskid pattern.
- Teak cockpit grate, Varnished teak caprail and eyebrow.
- Large hinged cockpit transom door for access to swim platform.
- Pedestal steering with single lever engine controls.
- Engine gauges with stop start switches and gauges at both station.
- Two huge cockpit lockers with access to generator and steering.
- Varnished Teak cockpit table with folding leaves, grab rails and built in cooler.
- Welded stainless steel bowsprit with twin anchor rollers.
- Swim platform with stainless swim ladder
Sails and Rigging, Winches
- Leisure Furl boom.
- Rod rigging.
- North main sail.
- North RF genoa.
- North Cruising Spinnaker
- Baby stay with staysail and running back stays
- (2) Lewmar #58 electric self tailing primary winches.
- (2) Lewmar 50 electric self tailing secondary winches.
- (1) Lewmar 48 halyard winch on mast.
- Schaefer 3100 jib furler.
- Main halyard lead to cockpit
- New running rigging 2013
Electronics and Navigation
Garmin GPSMAP 8212 Multi-Function Display--salon.
Garmin GPSMAP 8208 Multi-Function Display--cockpit helm.
Garmin GMR24 4KW Radar.
Garmin AIS Radar Ship Identification system.
All Garmin new 2013.
Raymarine Ray 240 VHF x 2.(salon, cockpit, helm).
Raymarine ST-60 anemometer.
Raymarine ST-60 Tri-data display (depth, speed, miles log).
Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot.
All above x 2 (salon, cockpit helm).
Icom-M802 HF Single Side Band radio (salon).
Icom-AT-140 HF Auto Antenna Tuner.
2--Richie "Globemaster" Compass (salon, cockpit helm).
- Airmar CS4500 Ultrasonic speed and temperature sensor.
Clarion DXZ555MP Stereo w/CD Sirius Ready -- 4 Speakers.
Iridium Pilot Satellite Communications System w/ 3 stations phone and internet.
- Sony Progressive scan CD/DVD player.
- Sony LCD TV in library
Fisher Panda Generator 8kw 2654 hours (8/16).
220 volt and 12 volt systems.
2 8D ships batteries.
2 6D batteries engine and generator.
Simpson digital gauges on electrical panel.
Battery selector switch.
Xantrex Inverter with Link 2000 control interface.
80 amp battery charger.
G150 Newmar Galvanic Isolator.
- Marine Technologies Safe T Alert Gas Vapor detector
- Shore power cord
- Pressure hot and cold water at galley and in heads with manual backups.
- Shower between separate heads.
- Vacuflush toilets with holding tank and macerator
- Tank watch level monitoring system for heads
- 20 gallon hot water tank.
- Shower with sump pump.
- Whale gusher 30 manual bilge pump.
- Spectra water maker. Cape Horn Xtrreme Water Maker MPC 3000 -330 gal/day.
- Fresh water deck wash.
- Hot and cold shower in cockpit.
- New macerator pump for heads
- John Deere 135 HP diesel engine. Model 4.5L approximately 750 hours 8/16
- Buck Algonquin "grouper" shaft bearing
- Reverso fuel polishing system.
- CruiseAir reverse cycle air conditioning 20,000 BTU and 12,000 BTU.
- Side Power Bow thruster.
- Dual Racor fuel filters.
- Water lift muffler.
- Engine room sound insulation.
- Mechanical hydraulic interface for both steering stations.
- 4 electric bilge pumps.
- Dual lever controls.
- Fireboy Clean Agent FE241 fire suppression system.
- 3 Groco raw water strainers.
- Varifold feathering prop.
- Tides Marine Dripless shaft seal.
- Hart tank tender fuel and water gauges.
- Teleflex Hydraulic power steering system
Primary anchor is 65' pound CQR on 250' of marked 3/8 chain.
Secondary bow anchor is CQR 45 pounds on 15' of 3/8 chain plus 200' of stout nylon rode.
Stern Danforth anchor in lazarette with 200' nylon rode.
- Combo washer dryer.
- Pilot house windshield wipers.
- Switlik Sar 6-MK II 8 liferaft (inspected in 2013) installed in cradle located on top of pilothouse.
- New Sunbrella cockpit and bimini covers
- New Sunbrella covers for binnacle and cockpit table.
- New Sunbrella internal mainsail cover.
- New higher custom helmseat (and cover) affording more comfort and improved forward visibility
- New cockpit cushions white with dark blue piping
- Blinds in pilothouse including internal sliding ones in overhead hatches, plus manual sunshades for windshields.
- Custom grab bar installed over pilothouse doorway for safer entry and egress.
- Custom Stainless guards installed at forward Dorades.
Switlik MOM-8 Survival technologies safety throw ring parachute.
- 11' Achilles dinghy (new 2013). model SPD 335
- Yamaha 15 HP 4 stroke outboard engine stored on rail with Sunbrella cover
- Lewmar Ocean electric windlass
- Hella 12 volt fans throughout
BLUE LEADER has been captain maintained since she arrived in Florida via ship from the West Coast in 2013.
All interior photos are from August 2016. The exterior profile photos are all of a sistership.
BLUE LEADER has been updated and shows well.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from East Coast Yacht Sales
Harspwell, ME, United States
Harpswell, ME, United States
Harpswell, ME, United States