- View Full Specifications
Price Reduced - Bring Offers
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 900,000 Tax Paid (US$ 957,150)
The one and only BIONIC ELK. Perhaps the most striking of the modern generation of Baltic Yachts. Built regardless of cost and arguably the ultimate day/weekender of all. Lots of recent refit expenditure leaves her in sparkling shape and ready for her next owner. A great opportunity to acquire an icon of modern yachting.
Baltic 56 no 1 hull "BIONIC ELK" is certainly a full out example of maximum flexibility. The deck and interior layouts are 100% custom, tailor designed and styled by Judel/Vrolijk to suit the clients’ wishes. The technology level is extremely high utilizing pre-preg carbon laminates, foam sandwich in the hull with honeycomb sandwich in the deck laminates and in general the technology is taken to the highest level.
The boat is furthermore equipped with a canting keel system allowing the keel to swing 40 degrees to each side boosting the sailing stability without making the boat heavy.On our previous canting keel 78 footer Super Baltic 5, we used a canard forward, but this time the 56 no. 1 had twin dagger boards. The dagger boards are more effective since they are further back hence lessening the up and down movement, they are designed with asymmetric foil shape giving better lift drag ratios and additionally they are closer to vertical when sailing also making them more effective
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
The Baltic Yachts Ltd yard is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
- RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
- Hull is built in advanced composite construction using Epoxy infused vacuum bagged sandwich laminates that are post-cured in order to achieve optimum characteristics and strength.
- Main reinforcements in all laminates are unidirectional and multi-axial Carbon.
- Hull outer skin incorporates layers of Aramid fibres for added impact resistance and safety.
- Hull colour: Jaramabeige, metallic
- W.L. colour: Silver, metallic
- Main chain plates fully in composite. Incorporated into the Bulkheads and hull lay-ups. Composite chain plates fitted with bushings and easy removable stainless steel pins.
- Engine beds incorporated in hull, built up of laminate around a PVC foam core. Special care is taken to ensure a rigid foundation and correct bonding using Yanmars own engine bed for sail drive version
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Deck is built in advanced composite construction using Epoxy vacuum bagged sandwich laminates that are post-cured in order to achieve optimum characteristics and strength.
- Main reinforcements in all laminates are unidirectional and multi-axial Carbon.
- High loaded areas strengthened with additional laminate or/and C-plates.
- Pre-preg deck laminate with Nomex sandwich.
- Teak deck on side decks, cockpit floors and seats and on the coamings.
- The teak is epoxy glued to the FRP deck using vacuum bagging technique.
- No screws and plugs used except for the in the centre pieces and the outboard parts.
- The teak deck is a structural part of the deck hence laminate can be reduced in the teak decked areas in order to minimise weight.
Keel & Rudder:
- Canting keel system with Carbon twin dagger boards
- Keel fin casted from a high grade heat treated Stainless Steel
- Keel bulb in Lead with added Antimony
- Twin hydraulic cylinders, P&S, for the canting operation
- Hydraulic power pack 24V/DC for canting keel and dagger board system
- Canting keel hydraulic system completely refitted 2014
- Canting keel pistons refitted by Rexroth - 2014
- The cantilevered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder is moulded from Carbon and filled with PVC
- Foam filling under high pressure in special strengthened mould.
- The rudder stock is made of high strength, Carbon - Epoxy construction using "Vacu-Press" manufacturing system.
- The rudder stock is tapered and dimensioned to the corresponding bending moments in order to minimise weight.
- The rudder stock passes through self aligning roller bearings and a stuffing box which is strongly bounded to the hull.
- Rudder bushes replaced 2014
Engine & gearbox:
- YANMAR 4JH3TCESD main engine 55,2 kW (75 hp) at 3800 rpm 4 in-line vertical cylinders, 4-stroke
- engine. 1.995 Liters, Direct injection,
- Saildrive reduction gearbox SD40-4T with reduction 2,32:1
- Freshwater engine cooling
- Single lever control
Propulsion & Steering:
- Gori 3-bladed folding propeller.
- MAX Power retractable bow thruster (2009)
- Carbon twin steering wheels
- 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, inverter or generator
- 12vDC start battery – Gel cell approx. 41Ah
- 12vDC generator start battery – Gel cell approx. 41Ah
- 24vDC service batteries – 4x Mastervolt 200Ah Gel - 2014
- Mastervolt 100A battery charger.
- Mastervolt Whisper 6kw generator
- Mastervolt 3.5kw inverter
- 100A 24v for service battery bank.
- 80A 12v for start battery.
- Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp. meters, voltmeters and tank level meters are provided. A 12 V DC for starting system, 24 V DC for service system.
- Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Water heater, Sigmar. Heater capacity is 40 L. Heated by engine cooling water and shore power.
- Heater to have possibility to be drained for racing
- Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley.
- Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water.
- Deck shower outlet warm & cold.
- Spectra Newport 60 litre per hour watermaker.
- Two diaphragms type manual bilge pumps with removable handles. Locations: one in salon and one in cockpit.
- One self-priming 24 V DC heavy duty bilge pump with automatic switch, Jabsco Par pump.
- All tanks are Baltic custom made in stainless steel with baffles and inspection covers and are pressure tested
- 300 litre fuel capacity
- 350 litres water capacity
- 50 litres water capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- 2x B&G T12 radar GPS chart plotter touchscreens in cockpit with Broadband radar – 2014
- B&G T8 radar GPS chart plotter touchscreen – 2014
- 2x B&G H2000 FFD displays
- 5x B&G 20/20 displays
- B&G H3000 multi-repeater - 2014
- B&G Hydra Pilot – autopilot
- Simrad RS87 DSC VHF
- Galley with 2 burner Gaggenau gimballed propane stove with oven.
- Galley fan with grill in upper locker and channel behind it to suction fan in lazarette
- Gaggenau microwave oven
- Custom made Isotherm stainless steel refrigerator and freezer compartment
- 2x electric heads
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air conditioning unit is CLD marine, with a main unit (twin compressor 24000BTU) in engine room.
- Distribution units in owner’s cabin and salon.
- Owner’s cabin unit can provide both guest cabins with conditioned air.
- Sony Wega 21” LCD television.
- Bose 3-2-1GS media centre with acoustimass module, gemstone speakers and Bose room amplifier SA2
- Waterproof stereo speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- Master forecabin with centerline queen bed, drawers under bed. Hanging lockers to starboard and port sides againstbulkhead.
- Next aft to starboard is forward head, access from master cabin. Directly to Port is Guest head, access from hall..
- Port side cabin, single bed with hanging locker. Starboard side cabin, double bed with hanging locker.
- Next aft is the salon- galley is located portside, navigation station directly to starboard.
- Next aft is U-shaped setteewith table (settee and table can be converted into a double berth).
- To port after direct companionway is bench settee.
- Advanced lightweight construction techniques used in construction of the interior.
- A custom made high technology laminating press is used for the lamination of the main bulkheads and interior panels.
- The use of this press results in bulkheads and panels with very high laminate quality and surface smoothness enabling application of thin wood veneer on visible surfaces without excessive use of filler.
- Interior built in Pre-preg carbon/Nomex sandwich panels.
- Hall Spars mast in 34-700 standard modulus carbon fibre
- Mast finish - AWL-GRIP clear coated
- Two (2) sets of fully tapered carbon fibre “straight” air foil spreaders
- Hydraulic mast step
- German mainsheet system
- Kevlar backstay – 2014
- Halyards replaced 2014
- Lazy Jacks
- Female moulded deep "V" ‘Park Avenue’ cored section boom autoclave cured pre preg 34-700 carbon fibre
- Hydraulic adjustment for backstay, vang, outhaul and jib halyard
- Fredriksen self-tacking jib system
- Lewmar winch package
- Primaries 2 x 77-3ST OR Electrical.
- Winch pedestal in cockpit for manual operation
- Secondaries 2 x 66-3ST OR Electrical
- One Sails Millennium mainsail with 2-reefs
- One Sails Millennium self-tacking jib
- North Sails 3DL TF Offshore 110% genoa with vertical battens- 2005
- North Sails Spectra-Scrim 55S Code Zero – 2005
- Onesails A4 heavy airs gennaker
- Onesails A2 light gennaker – 2014 (not used)
- Storm Jib
- A pulpit and pushpit made of Stainless Steel tubes are mounted on the bow and transom.
- The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
- Bracket for outboard engine, on aft pushpit, removable.
- Double lifelines are installed passing through S.S. stanchions.
- Double the life lines are of plastic coated stainless steel wire and set up with turnbuckles at the after end. The height of pulpits, stanchions, spacing distance etc. conforms to O.R.C. requirements.
- Stanchions are spigot type, glass fibre type laminated to hull with SS stanchions on top.
- Lifeline gates P & S.
- Flag pole in carbon.
- Bracket for flag pole on pushpit SB side.
- Stainless Steel handrail for main companionway.
- Swimming ladder (in carbon) on transom.
- Cockpit table provided, to be 2 pcs put together fastened with quick pin system to winch pedestal.
- Carbon gangway, 3.2 m, JP3.
Covers & Canvas:
- Sprayhoods for main and aft companionways made of waterproof and sun resistant canvas.
- Sunbrella cockpit cushions with closed cell filling.
- Boom awning for cockpit
- Table covers for saloon table and chart table
- Winch covers
- Halyard bags
- Wheel covers
- Hatch covers
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Anchor windlass, Lewmar concept 3 , gypsy only, electrical 24V/DC 2000W incl.
- Anchor Delta 25kg
- 80m of 10mm chain
Tender & Outboard:
- Zodiac tender
- Yamaha 10hp outboard
- 2x 6 man liferafts.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine space
- Fire extinguishers
Lying Palma de Mallorca
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: email@example.com
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Baltic Yachts
Designer: Judel / Vrolijk &Co
Flag of Registry: Italy
Keel: Canting Keel
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 17.10 m
Beam: 4.59 m
LWL: 14.29 m
Minimum Draft: 3.10 m
Maximum Draft: 3.10 m
Displacement: 13300 kgs
Ballast: 4310 kgs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: 4JH3-TCE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (300 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (350 Liters)
Holding Tanks: (50 Liters)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Manual bilge pump
Fresh water maker
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 24V
Total Liferaft Capacity: 12
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
San Giorgio di Nogaro, Italy
San Remo, Italy