125' over all incl. bowsprit/boom The hull and rig are exactly faithful to the original 1900 design. The interior has been compromised from the original layout to allow for the required modern safety standards, such as the 4 watertight bulkheads. Please see spec for full details.
Please contact at +49 (0)461 3180 3060
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Myanmar Shipyard, Yangoon
Designer: William Fife jnr of 1900
LOA: 38.0 m
Beam: 5.61 m
LWL: 21.95 m
Length on Deck: 30.79 m
Maximum Draft: 3.40 m
Her hull is Dutch marine grade A steel, 9-6mm, and she has been built under the strict supervision of a Lloyd's surveyor and under the experienced eyes of her owner, to Lloyds SSC plan approval. 4 w/t compartment to MCA. All steel was cut and rolled in The Netherlands and transported to the yard. Solid laid 2 ¼“ Burmese Teak decks on steel beams. Lead ballast in steel casing. Coachroof and hatches/skylights of Teak
(please also see ga-plan/photos) Interiors are crafted of solid teak and rosewood. Large aft cabin with 3 berths and shower/heads en-suite. Companion with direct access to cockpit. Forward to stb to galley stb, open to full beam saloon with seating port and stb. Office/charttable aft to port with access to engineroom from bulkhead. Midships main-companion leads up to very spacious doghouse with settees. Forward from saloon to centreline passage with double en-suite cabins port/stb, Crews quarters fwd with a twin cabin and four fo’csl berths, heads/shower.
Two Masted gaff schooner. The masts and spars are of Sitka Spruce. Standing rigging is of galvanized steel. All fittings and hardware of custom cast bronze. 6 Harken bronze winches on mast and mainsheet All wooden blocks. Dacron sails by Lee and Ratsey include main/top, fore/top, fisherman and 4 headsails.
Cummins Diesel 300 hp 6CTA.8.3 – M1 on Twin Disc MG 5067 gears to folding prop. 8 knots/12 l/hr. Onan 17.5 KVA generator. 24v – 12v – 220v systems Isolating transformer for shore power. 2 banks of batteries 1200 AH
Ground tackle - 2 Admirality anchors 140 KG each on 100 m 19mm chain. Anchor rode. Worked by Thomas Reid hydraulic windlass with twin gypsies and capstans. Deck/Safety - semi rigid Inflatable tender with outboard. - life rafts and all safety gear on deck and below to MCA code - Passuerelle, bathing ladder, full complement deckgear, warps, fenders etc - full awnings, covers etc
Domestic - gas stove - Fridges/freezers - Pots and pans and kitchenhelps, full sets China/cutlery and linens - aircondition throughout Navigation All Simrad - Radar - VHF - GPS - sounder and log
History : This wonderful Fife Schooner Replica is the third 'sister' built to the design (no.468) drawn up by W. Fife Jun. in 1900. The first two, the originals "Sunshine" and "Asthore", were built (1900 and 1902) by the Fifes at their yard in Fairlie. The one original was built for a local gentleman, Glen F. McAndrew of Largs Castle , which is very close by the Fairlie yard. In 1906 she became, as "Maris Stellis" the proud possession of the Portuguese Royal family (until 1911). These schooners preceded the famous "Susanne" and "Cicely". The latter, though much larger, and a racing schooner, bore an extremely close resemblance to "Sunshine". Quoting from Yachting World, May 1901: "........... and while intended for a cruiser, she looks, with her long overhangs, small but powerful underwater body, strong and well turned bilge, and extremely roomy deck, every inch a modern racer..... she is a very handsome boat and cannot fail to be a speedy one." The early 1900's was probably the time when sailing ships and yachts were at the height of their evolution, before steam and diesel engines and racing rating rules began to interfere with the purity of their original function and beauty.
Current: The hull and rig are exactly faithful to the original 1900 design. The interior has been compromised from the original layout to allow for the required modern safety standards, such as the 4 watertight bulkheads. Yangon (formerly Rangoon ) was chosen by her very experienced owner for the build as the facility at Myanmar Shipyards is highly suited to the job. Building and handicraft techniques can still be found in Myanmar (formerly Burma) that are as close as one can find to the skills originally employed in the Scotland of the early 20 th century. The construction began in late 1999. She was launched in 2003 and shifted to the fitting out berth. In October 2004 the Myanmar Shipyards officially handed her over. After some cruising in Thailand and Malaysia , she arrived on the Cotes d'Azur in early June 2005 after a trip with stopovers in 13 different countries. The easier upkeep of a new and well-built replica should ensure, with good luck, her survival long into the future enabling the next generations a glimpse of a part of their maritime history, which might otherwise be lost. This vessel is highly recommended as private yacht and/or commercial charter vessel.
All details are believed correct, but not guaranteed and do not form any part of any possible purchase agreement. A buyer should satisfy himself as to the condition of the vessel and her gear. A survey is always recommended