- View Full Specifications
Excellent Condition; Carbon!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Alameda, CA
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 259,000
Congratulations and thank you for making your way to the listing for this one of a kind, turn-key, beautifully maintained 2004 Tartan 4100. She was originally built for the owner of Tartan Yachts, and is the only 2004 with a carbon fiber mast!
This beautiful classically styled modern yacht has received excellent care, with no expense spared. The owner just recently installed a new dodger, new batteries, new bright work, new lifelines, new DSC VHF, and continues to upgrade and maintain her to the highest level even while she is listed for sale.
The current owner fell in love when he gazed eyes on her at the Strictly Sail Pacific Boat Show in 2005, and he bought her right then and there. Her seaworthy hull, painted in a dark blue Awlgrip, and gorgeous varnished interior were exactly what he envisioned when he was looking for his next yacht to explore the Northern California coast and local San Francisco Bay.
Prime Number has lived a comfortable life sailing on the bay and light coastal cruising between Drakes Bay and Half Moon Bay.
In addition to the recent upgrades, Prime number was delivered to her owner with a carbon fiber mast making her lighter, more responsive, and easier to sail. Shortly after purchasing her, the owner elected to upgrade her further by installing a Schaefer In-Boom furling system with a full battened Doyle Mainsail. This upgrade was not cheap, but makes her even easier to sail when single or shorthanded!
The interior of Prime Number further highlights the attention to detail and care her owner has given her over the years. She looks like a boat half her age, but with the quality of construction that these boats were known for back in the early to mid-2000s.
If you are searching for a classically styled, but modern sailing yacht that shows pride of ownership and is fully turn-key, Prime Number will impress you and check nearly every box on your ideal boat list.
With family now spread around the country, Prime Number is on the market and seriously for sale to allow her next owners the pleasure of sailing her!
This beautifully maintained, and well equipped vessel is offered at $259,000, which is an amazing value given her many unique and desirable upgrades! We are encouraging offers, and highly recommend coming to inspect this beautiful vessel for yourself…you will not be disappointed!
If you would like any additional information on this beautiful vessel, please give me a call to arrange a viewing.
Contact our Northern California Office:
Diego Gomez (619) 519-3093
Alan Weaver (510) 928-8900
Please contact Diego Gomez at 510-227-2100
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Fairport Yachts Ltd.
Designer: Tim Jackett
Warranty: 15 years
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 41 ft 3 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
LWL: 35 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 4 in
Displacement: 19000 lbs
Ballast: 6400 lbs
Dry Weight: 19000 lbs
Total Power: 56 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2004
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 56 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (24 Gallons)
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Repeater(s) - Raymarine E-80
Plotter - Raymarine E120
Wind speed and direction
Radio - Sony AM/FM/CD
Autopilot - Raymarine ST6001
Fully battened mainsail
Furling mainsail - Schaefer in boom
Electric winch - Harken # 40 Halyard
Refrigerator - Isotherm
Oven - Force 10
Shore power inlet
Cockpit shower - Hot and Cold
Vessel Walkthrough and Highlights
Entering down through the companionway, you are welcomed into the warm, beautifully varnished, spacious interior of Prime Number.
Looking to port, you will find an expansive galley with thoughtfully laid out storage and refrigeration. Situated in a location that allows for a social and entertaining atmosphere, while remaining separated from the ample salon seating area.
Aft of the galley, and easily accessible from the galley or the large head on the starboard side, is the enormous aft Master Stateroom. The large berth, extensive storage areas, and direct ensuite access to the head with separate shower area, highlight the beauty of this layout. The aft stateroom has excellent headroom and is equally comfortable while at sea, anchored, or sitting calmly at the dock.
To starboard of the companionway is a large navigation station with access to all electronics and electrical systems.
Immediately forward of the galley to port and nav station to starboard, is a comfortable seating area with ample room for a group of eight to dine at the gorgeous dining table, highlighted by a beautiful inlay.
The port settee also has an insert to convert this into a comfortable mid-ship double berth if needed.
Forward, the large v-berth with a dedicated vanity and sink offer privacy for your guests, with plenty of storage and floor space. A peekaboo wooden hatch can be opened to visibly connect the salon and forward stateroom if desired, creating a very open feel.
The warm lighting provided by the many lamps is really only necessary once the sun has gone down. Multiple opening hatches and ports bring in plenty of light and good ventilation throughout the entire interior of this vessel.
- Beautifully finished Cherry wood interior
- Ultrasuede cushions
- Marine reverse cycle Heat/Air Conditioning
- 5 deck hatches, 15 opening port lights
- 15” Sharp flat screen TV
- Sony stereo with interior and exterior speakers
Galley Equipment Highlights:
- Upgraded (2012) Isotherm refrigeration (top and front loading)
- Force 10 3 Burner LPG stove and oven, gimbaled
- Deep double Stainless Steel sink
- Granitecote counter tops
Electrical/Electronics Equipment Highlights:
- 12V/110V Panel at Navigation Station
- (2) New house batteries and (1) New engine battery installed July 2015
- Tri Color with strobe on masthead
- Water and Fuel tank monitoring system
- Raymarine ST60 Multifunction repeater at Navigation Station
- Raymarine E-80 Chartplotter at Navigation Station
- Raymarine E-120 Chartplotter at Helm
- Raymarine 2KW Radar dome on custom stern pole
- Raymarine ST6001 linear drive Autopilot
- Raymarine ST60 Speed/Depth/Windspeed repeater located above companionway
- New VHF radio with DSC at Navigation Station with remote at helm
- ACR EPIRB
Mechanical Equipment Highlights:
- Yanmar 56hp 4JH3E
- UPGRADED 3 blade feathering MAX PROP (2007)
- PYI Dripless shaft
- Insulated engine room with access on all four sides
- Propspeed applied to propeller
Sails and Rigging Equipment Highlights:
- All lines led aft to cockpit
- Novis Carbon Fiber Mast
- Schaefer In Boom furling system
- Electric main halyard Harken #40 winch
- Harken #53ST Primary winches
- Harken furling jib system
- 110% furling Jib
- Forespar Carbon/Aluminum whisker pole and mast track
- Full batten Doyle Mainsail (2006)
Hull Construction Highlights:
- Vacuum infused construction laminate using BPA epoxy provides additional strength, stiffness, and a lighter laminate while retaining osmotic resisting characteristics.
Additional Equipment Highlights:
- Offshore dodger with stainless steel hand holds
- Simpson Lawrence Quickset anchor
- Lewmar Concept 1 Windlass
- Deck washdown system
- Safety gear, fenders, dock lines,
- Electrically retractable swim and boarding platform at transom with stainless steel ladder
- Hot/Cold pressure shower on stern
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from JK3 Nautical Enterprises, Inc.
San Diego, CA, United States
SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Custom 56 Cruiser/Racer
San Diego, CA, United States
San Francisco, CA, United States