- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Fort Pierce, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 1,900,000
Every once in a while I come across a really unique yacht that gets my attention and Wanderbird really does. At a cost of nearly $12,000,000 to build she is an unbelievable buy at the asking price of $1,900.000. The overall design was done by Greg Marshall using a hull based on an Ed Monk Sr. design updated by Ed Monk Jr. Ed Monk Jr also designed the super structure. She was built in British Columbia, Canada by Park Isle Marine. Without question this has to be one of the best designed and equipped blue water trawlers on the market today.
Bottom was sand blasted and new barrier coats and bottom paint applied 2015. This captain maintained yacht has been maintained with an open checkbook. She has been continously updated including three new air conditioning chiller, replaced air handlers as needed, updated electronics, new TVs, canvas replaced as needed and much more.
Contact listing broker Jack Zacks CPYB at 305-588-6532(Cell) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Jack Zacks, CPYB at 305-588-6532
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 72 ft 0 in
Beam: 18 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 67 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Total Power: 396 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Year Built: 2003
Engine Model: 3408
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4538
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 396 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (1700 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (4750 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 (45 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Wanderbird has three guest cabins and a crew cabin providing berths for six guests and two crew. The master is located mid ship on the lower deck. It has two large twin beds with an ensuite head, a walk in closet and an abundance of drawers and cabinets.
There are two identical guest staterooms (mirror images of each other) mid ship forward from the master. Each has two twin berths, plenty of storage and a private head. They share a common shower.
The crew cabin is located all the way forward. It has two berths and a head.
The cabins are finished in solid mahogany cabinets and trim except for the soles which are book-matched teak. The cabinetry and walls are finished with 15 coats of white enamel trimmed with varnished mahogany. All the cushions on the benches and settees are down-filled for comfort.
Galley & Laundry
Keeping in mind the scope of cruising envisioned, the galley is located aft of the saloon and designed to be useful in rough seas. Using top quality appliances and creating points to lean against this galley is any yacht chef's dream. There are convenient pass-through windows to both the aft deck and dining area so the galley can be closed off with pocket doors for privacy or night running. Conveniently located overhead grab rails are located throughout the vessel.
- Wolf gas stove and oven
- Kitchen Aid microwave
- Glacier Bay refrigerator with holding plates
- (4) freezers under dinette settee
- Refrigerator box on Fly-bridge
- Refrigeration all has 220 VAC and 24 VDC compressors
- Hot water heater is Aqua Hot Diesel Electric 2 units on demand
- S.S. Sink
- Corian counter tops
- Ultra line trash compactor
- ISE insta-hot water dispenser
- S.S. range hood
- Bar refrigerator
- Ice maker
- Brass sink in bar
- Sea rails and fiddles in galley
- Central Vacuum
- Miele washer & dryer
Located mid-ship the saloon features a built in "L" shaped settee with down filled cushions surrounding a varnished mahogany hi-low sliding table that can be used either as a coffee or dining table. The bulkheads are finished with 15 coats of white enamel and are trimmed with varnished mahogany. The soles are book-matched teak. Surrounding the mast compression post is a mahogany wet bar with a copper sink. A plasma TV swings down from the overhead. Between the wet bar and the galley is a dinette finished in varnished mahogany.
The full beam midship master stateroom has double sea berths to both port and starboard. Below each berth are drawers. Forward on the port side is a walk in cedar lined hanging locker and to starboard is the master head and shower. The bulkheads are finished with 15 coats of white enamel and are trimmed with varnished mahogany. The soles are book-matched teak.
In planning the berth arrangement the owner stated "When we're at sea, these bunks offer a safe, comfortable place to sleep, unlike those silly center platform beds from which rolling seas can send you flying."
Forward from the master stateroom on each side of the passageway are two mirror image guest staterooms finished the same as the master. In each stateroom you have criscrossed bunks, ample storage, cedar lined hanging locker and private heads with a shared shower.
The pilothouse is arranged to be the center of cruising for this yacht. She is equipped with redundant navigation electronics, spacious chart tables, three Stidd seats, a comfortable settee and a pilot berth. The bulkheads are finished with 15 coats of white enamel and are trimmed with varnished mahogany. The helm is finished in varnished mahogany. The soles are book-matched teak. Wing doors lead to the Portuguese bridge and the foredeck. There is access to the fly-bridge by way of stairs.
Pilot house electronics
- VHF is Icom IC-502 w/Command MIC (2)
- (2) Independent hard drives both with Nobeltec and
- (2) FlexScan L68 Displays
- Furuno 96 Mile Radars
- ACR Global Fix EPIRB
- Furuno Nav-Tex NX-300 receiver
- Furuno Satellite Compass
- KVH Trac Phone
- ICOM IC-4710 SSB Radio
- ICOM 746 Pro Transceiver
- Young Wind Tracker
- VDo Engine instrumentation
- Jastrum rudder angle indicator
- Aetna digital tachometer
- 4-Robert & White brass ships clocks
- Tank sentry for black water, grey water & potable water tanks
- Simpson Lawrence overhead antique compass (above master berth)
- (2) Comnav5001 Autopilot
- Furuno GP80 GPS units (2)
- Barigo clinometer (4)
- Weems & Plath clock
- Time master clock
- Murphy electronic alarm panel
- Speich clear view window on bridge
- Weather Works XM weather system
- AIS FA-50 Furuno
- Flo-scan GPH log and display
- Garmin 7212 touch screen plotters with XM Weather
- Garmin HD 4K Radar
The main propulsion is provided by a soft mounted detuned Caterpillar 3408 producing 396 HP and driving a Hundestad variable-pitch propeller protected by the full keel. Twin 40KW Northern Lights gen-sets handle the normal electrical loads. There is a 25KW Hydra-Gen hydraulic generator running off the main engine and a 4KW Trace inverter. The engine room is large and spacious.
- Single 3408 Catterpillar mounted on Lo-Rez flexible engine mounts on S.S. bed
- Keel cooling by Fernstrum
- Hundested gear driving a 4-blade 52" variable pitch bronze wheel
- Murphy gauges on main engine w/complete instrumentation in pilothouse and fly-bridge
- Generators are aft of main engine and outboard and are mounted on Low-Rez mounts w/Sound shields
- Raw water intake is in a common Sea Chest, cooling the hydraulics, water maker intake, cooling for variable pitch propeller, fire pumps and pacer pump system
- Engine room Fire system is Pemall FM -200 w/dual bottles w/one nozzle
- Bottles are stored in lazarette with heat sensor in engine-room
- FM-200 system in lazerette
- Engine room has (2) hand held extinguishers as well as additional units in all staterooms
- Hydraulic Bow Thruster with (2) station controls
- Aqua air chilled water air conditioning with three 4-ton chillers with separate cooling zone controls
- Aqua Hot Diesel hot air heating system; as well as reverse cycle Aqua Air system
- Port fuel tank 1100 gallon, starboard fuel tank 1100 gallon, day tank 350 gallons, mid-ship tank 2200 gallon
- Main engine and generators return to day tank
- Baldor fuel transfer pump 110 VAC
- Twin Separ fuel filter system on main and generators
- SWK Filtration system with De-bug L-1000 system for cleaning fuel
- Fresh water is in integral fiberglass tanks 1700 gallons
- Sea Recovery Reverse Osmosis water-maker 1500 gallon per day
- Headhunter 24 VDC/120VAC Pressure pumps w/accumulator tanks with Water system filtration
- Stripper 24VDC bilge pumps in every bilge compartment
- 24 VDC Pacer pumps in each compartment
- All compartments are fitted with pneumatic switches for the Stripper pumps & Pacer pumps
- Bilge pump indicator lights on alarm panel in pilothouse
- Dockside waster pump outs
- Overboard discharge pumps for black water and gray water tanks
Prominent on the fly bridge is the double Stidd helm seat. Alongside to port is a "U" shaped settee surrounding a varnished mahogany table. Just aft and to port is a serving area with stainless sink. Starboard and just behind the helm is the access hatch from the wheel house. Aft of the access hatch is a built-in Wolf S.S. 4 burner gas grill. Tender storage and life raft are on the fly bridge aft deck. The fly bridge can be accessed either from the aft deck by ladder or from the pilot house by stairs.
The stainless framed top is built to support two kayaks.
Fly Bridge Electronics
- (2) Com Nav Autopilot 500
- Clarion Remote for stereo
- Searchlight remote
- Kahlenberg M-511 Whistle control
- Garmin 7212 touch screen plotter with XM Weather
- Garmin 7215 touch screen plotter with XM Weather
- (2) Icom Command Mic II
- Garmin HD 4K Radar
Deck & Hull
The overall design is by Greg Marshall using an Ed Monk Sr. designed Seamaster hull updated by Ed Monk Jr. who also designed the super structure. She was built in British Columbia by Park Isle Marine. The high-tech hull construction used Core-Cell foam with 4 inch thick laminations of glass at the stern and keel. Carbon fiber structures were created to spread the compression loads from the mast.
All the tankage is built into the hull effectively creating a double hull vessel. Should one of the tanks be penetrated from below you would lose the fluid in that tank but the boat would not become flooded. The tankage built into the hull includes black water, gray water, fresh water and fuel. In addition to the (2) 45 gallon black water tanks, the forward 500 gallon fuel tank can also serve as a black water tank. When both either 45 gallon tank becomes full they can be emptied into the 500 gallon tank.
- Hull is fiberglass heavily laid up with Core-Cell coring
- Superstructure is Vacuum infused unidirectional fiberglass
- Longitudinal stringers are reinforced fiberglass
- (2) Smith Foundried Hydraulic Windlass
- (2) Poole #250 S.S. anchor
- 2-3/4" X 75' Chain
- 2-1/4" X 285' Rode
- Pressure washing system for anchors
- 2-Fortress stern anchors
- 200' of 1 ¼" Rode
- Wolf S.S. BBQ 4 burner
- Brass Bell
- Carlisle & Finch search light with (2) controls
- Khalenberg w/M511 Horn with whistle control
- (2) 6-person Switlick life rafts
- 14'6" Avon Rigid Bottom inflatable with 60 HP Yamaha Outboard 4 cycle
- Custom Wooden row boat cold molded with epoxy resin
- Tender crane is a hydraulic boom system from main mast
- Anderson 52 self tailing winches for paravane stabilizer retrieval
- Paravane stabilizers on 35' Aluminum booms with 60lb birds
- Roller furling main/steadying sail
- 100 gallon gasoline tank with integral pump (lazerette)
- Xintex M2A fuel vapor detector
- Stainless steel foredeck rails
- (2) roller furling genoa sails
- Bauer Dive compressor
- Forward escape hatch
- Forward fresh water wash down
- 45 gallon gray water tank
- (2) 45 gallon black water tanks
- Forward unused fuel tank can be used for additional black water
The plasma flat screen TV in the saloon retracts into the overhead out of sight and out of the way when not in use. All the components for the TV and sound can be found in a cabinet below the TV.
- 1-52" Fujitsu plasma flat screen TV in saloon
- 2-Panasonic 15" LCD Televisions in crew quarters
- 1-Onyko CR 305X CD Receiver
- JVC VHS
- Panasonic DVD/CD Player
The name "Wanderbird" is reserved.
The owner will supply a detailed exclusion list of personal items and artwork that will be excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.