Overall Measured Length: 82’5”.
- Hand lay-up GRP hull and deck. Outer hull layers of powder bound matt
- Metallic blue with Awlgrip clear coat metallic silver boot top and cove lines (repainted 2010)
- Superstructure in white gelcoat. Grey antifouling
- Deck: GRP, teak laid
- Superstructure: GRP with Oyster eyebrow and custom GRP arch and aluminium screen
- External trim: varnished teak and stainless steel
- Keel: lead bolted externally high performance bulb keel with fully protected skeg hung rudder
- Interior: Finished in Maple to Oyster Millennium style and Teak sole boards in chequerboard design overlaid/protected with bound carpet. Stair treads in Teak. Doors and tables are Maple with black inlay.
- Built to MCA cat 0 and MCA restricted Class 6 Passenger Ship Regulations, including 7 watertight subdivisions, fire proof engine space, metre high pulpit/pushpit & safety lines.
- Engine: 1 x Caterpillar 3126TA 224kw, 300hp diesel
- Gearbox: Caterpillar with Aquadrive coupling, reduction gearbox
- Propeller: Maxprop feathering
- Speed: max 10 knots; cruising 9 knots
- Approx engine hours: 2950 as at (September 2012)
- The main engine has been serviced in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations
- Service batteries: 2 x banks of Sonnenschein gel batteries. Each bank is 1000 amp/hrs giving a total service bank of 2000 amp/hrs.
- Bank 1: 24v supports (light loads) normal service – lighting, computers etc.
- Bank 2: 24v supports (high loads) - electric winches, Lewmar Commander power pack, pumps and other heavy loads.
- Nav bank: 12v 2 x Gel Mastervolt batteries mounted at a higher level, for navigation and electronics. Bank charged by twin DC/DC converters.
- Lazarette: 12v 1x Gel Mastervolt for aft davit. Charged by DC/DC converter.
- Engine start: 24v 2x Gel
- Generator start: 12v 1x Gel
- Charging is through: 4 x Mastervolt MASS 24v/100 amp chargers with 2 x DCC4000 monitors
- 4 x DC/DC converters
- Main engine – 3 x alternators: 175 amp, 150 amp, 50 amp alternators
- Generator: (New 2012) Onan 22.5 KVA digital genset – own battery alternator. Approximately 300 hours. 1st Service carried out.
240v is supplied from:
- 2 x 32amp Shore power lines
- 3 x Mastervolt MASS 24/2500 inverters. 2 x giving 5000, 1 x giving 2500
Water Systems/Other Mechanical
- There are 2 separate water pumping and calorifier systems aboard the yacht. Designed for multiple configurations but normally set up with pump 1 and calorifier 1 supplying forward and pump 2 and calorifier 2 supplying aft.
- Both fresh water pumps are Aqua Major A9M6
- Water heating system: 2 x high pressure 220v clarifiers
- Heat exchangers on both main engine and generator
- Water maker: Sea fresh 1200 GPD
- Fire pump/deck wash: Greco (interchangeable with fresh water pumps) salt water
- Additional outlet for fresh water wash down in Anchor locker
- Bowthruster: Lewmar retractable with custom helm control
- Custom manifold system for seawater intakes
- Auto and manual engine room extinguishing system. Fire flaps remote shut down.
- Aqua mist engine room fire system, rise of heat and smoke detector system
- 1 x main engine driven 37mm Jabs co clutch, direct suction to deepest bilge
- 1 x electric in deepest bilge
- 1 x electric in forepeak
- 1 x electric to manifold
- 2 x manual to manifold
- Manifold allows suction to each compartment
- Fuel capacity: 3500 litres (770 gallons) in 2 GRP tanks with tank tenders. Take offs and Returns on both tanks. Fire proof fuel lines in engine. Fresh water capacity: 3000 litres (660 gallons) in 2 GRP tanks with tank tenders
- Holding tanks: 2 x gravity black tanks with shut off valves
- 6 x grey tanks with electric pump out
Spars and Rigging
- Spar maker: Hood, painted in metallic pearlescent paint, over coated in clear Awlgrip
- Rig: Triple spreader masthead rig set up as a cutter and with carbon jumper struts
- Mast: Aluminium, keel stepped, fibre optic straining measurements through computers
- Boom: custom built carbon smart boom allowing flaked sail stowage within the boom
- Spinnaker pole: Carbon pole with tapered ends finished in clear Awlgrip
- Standing rigging: solid rod, caps are discontinuous, split backstay, all by Navtec
- Fredriksen car system for fully battened main
- Reckmann hydraulic furling for genoa and staysail
- 2 x Lewmar 4000 capstan hydraulic windlasses
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang, babystay tensioner and Navtec remote panel
- Halyard winches are deck mounted and the size upgraded from standard
- Dyneema running rigging
- Hydraulic mast jack
- 1 x Lewmar 66 S/T Halyard (deck mounted) Manual
- 1 x Lewmar 77 S/T Halyard (deck mounted) Electric
- 1x Lewmar 58 S/T Reefing Manual
- 2 x Lewmar 88 S/T 3speed Primaries Electric
- 2 x Lewmar 77 S/T 2speed Secondaries Electric
- 1 x Lewmar 66 S/T Main sheet Electric
- New Genoa and New 6 batten Mainsail by Doyle Sails USA (February 2012). Technora/Vectran.
- New Carbon/Vectran staysail by Sanders with UV strip 56sq.
- Doyle Cruising chute with snuffer 401sq.m Nylon 3 colours - 2004
- 2 x 8 man custom SOLAS A liferafts mounted within aft deck seating. Hydrostatic releases and float free in accordance with MCA regulations – latest certificate date April 2006
- 1x 6 man SOLAS B liferaft mounted on aft deck. Hydro static release and float free – latest certificate April 2006
- Zodiac Pro 7 man RIB with custom stainless steel A frame
- Yamaha 50hp 4 stroke outboard engine
- Custom Carbon davit in clear finish with electric winch and remote control
- Custom Carbon dinghy platform and cradle receive RIB on transom
- Pulpit, pushpit, guardrails, bathing latter, boarding gates, mast pulpits: the stanchions are the correct height to comply with MCA regulations
- All stainless steel throughout the ship has had the welds polished out
- CQR 140lb with 100m calibrated chain to st’b
- Bruce kedge with 40m calibrated chain to port (removable partition in anchor locker)
- Hydraulic anchor windlasses: 2 x Lewmar 400 contra rotating on foredeck with extra fairleads
- Custom arch with 3 x cockpit lights
- Custom Carbon fixed screen, canvas sprayhood / bimini
- 2 x varnished teak and stainless steel cockpit tables one with insulated icebox the other fitted with fridge. Aft deck pushpit seats
- Custom solid stainless steel fairleads set into toerail
- 6 x dorade vents in cast Stainless Steel with stainless steel polished weld guards
- Window blanks as per MCA requirements.
- Storm shutters for all ports below weather deck.
- Deck vents have blanks.
- Deck ‘air in’ to engine space has blanks.
- Air in/air out of engine space has remote shut downs.
- 7 watertight subdivisions and crash bulkhead.
- 6 internal watertight doors.
- 4 x lifebuoys, 2 with lights and drogues.
- Jackstays, buoyant line, lifejackets, flares, thermal protective aids, portable VHF, 406 MH2 EPIRB, fire blanket, medical stores and fire extinguishers as per MCA requirements
- Furuno 1833C ARPA radar with C Map overlay system
- Furuno GPS (Secondary system) deck mount aerial in Captain’s cabin
- Leica MX 420 10 Port GPS (Primary system)
- ICOM 505 VHF
- Sailor RT482 2 DSC VHF at Chart table
- Sailor HC 450 DSC SSB at Chart table
- Navtec ICS Nav 5
- Metal Micky Masthead PTZ camera at Masthead
- MOB-lert Pendant system for 12 persons
- Cher Soft Henry ARC’s chart system (RNLI & Navy)
- Transas Navisailor 4000 vector chart system
- Transas Navi Radar
- AIS Overlay to both systems
- Insensys Optical sensor rig strain system
- B&G Autopilot Whitlock Mamba drive
- B&G Depth, wind speed/angle log at Helm chart table
- KVH Trackvision M series
- KVH Trackphone FB 250 (Fleet Broadband) in M series dome
BARE NECESSITIES has personal entertainment systems via PC in all cabins.
- Miele electric convection oven and grill with built in microwave mounted into custom stainless steel gimballed case and with Miele touch sensitive induction hob (2012). External crash bar.
- Frigoboat refrigerator (custom built) 2 compartments, 2 compressors
- Frigoboat deep freeze
- Toilets: in each cabin. 2 x quiet action Superflush in crew quarters, 3 x Vacuflush for guests
- Showers: 6, one in each cabin and aft deck shower
- Air conditioning: Condaria Tropical reverse cycle piped water system, to each cabin and both saloons.
- Stowage for 16 settings of crockery, cutlery, etc.
- Alpes Innox extractor hood
- Deck saloon windows, off white internally and black outside
- Mirror finish and auto light in drinks cabinet
- Lazarette is separate watertight area
- Seaglaze fully watertight doors to aft guest cabins, owner’s cabin and crew quarters.
- Sail locker one way watertight door.
- Sprung mattress in owner’s cabin.
- Barrifloor insulation in aft section to ameliorate noise, 4 brick electronic safe
- Worktops in all heads compartments in Tuscany Rose Avonite and all heads have teak sole gratings and draining trays
- Galley worktop surfaces in green stone Avonite.
- Oceanair hatch screens.
- Pipecot in sail locker
- Drop down acrylic main hatch washboard
- Stainless steel Oyster catches
- Millennium style curtains throughout
- Pullman berth in skipper’s cabin and starboard guest cabin.
- Upper and lower saloon seating area.
- Washing machine, Hotpoint washer dryer (2010) in lazarette
BARE NECESSITIES has many custom features over the standard specification. These make her very useable and were also necessary for compliance with MCA coding regulations.
- Berths including pulmans: 15 without using the upper or lower saloon
- Proper berths: 6 guests (owners double, and two twin cabins)
4 crew (captains double, two single)
Chain locker with watertight bulkhead to forward sail locker which houses the bowthruster and which has lots of stowage for maintenance items and work bench. It also has a Pullman berth. Through a watertight door to port the crew heads with shower and basin, from which you access the port crew cabin with upper and lower bunks and ample storage. On the starboard side is the captain’s cabin with double berth, Pullman and separate shower and head. Aft of the crew accommodation is the lower saloon.
The galley is to port with an island unit amidships giving ample working space. The cooker and refrigerators are in brushed stainless steel. To starboard is an ample seating area with large dining table.
Up steps to the deck saloon with the main seating area to port and large navigatorium to starboard. The forward edge of the seating is retained with stainless steel supports allowing good visibility to the lower saloon and giving the yacht a very open and attractive atmosphere.
Down steps aft to mirror-image guest cabins port and starboard each with twin berths and separate heads and with showers, both have watertight doors. Forward of these is access to the engine room, which is spacious and well laid out. A corridor divides the guest cabins and leads to the owner’s stateroom.
There is an offset double to port and sofa to starboard with a trotter box to make an occasional berth. To starboard is separate owner’s access onto the deck. The owner’s heads compartment with separate large shower is to starboard. There is also a huge amount of stowage as well as a dressing table/desk.
BARE NECESSITIES is a small ship. To capable design by Rob Humphreys she has been hugely customized to fit her for serious use. She is currently MCA compliant to Category 2 and as a Class VI Passenger Ship. She is able to sail with 18 charter guests.
She has a stunning light blue metallic livery with silver lines as well as a striking unusual metallic rig colour which changes colour from green to purple as the light hits it and is enhanced with both up and down lighters on the spreaders.
Her interior has been upgraded for comfortable family use with ample room for crew forward and excellent family quarters aft. She is light and airy and there are far too many custom details to list here that were incorporated in build to make her liveable and efficient.
Her navigation, entertainment and monitoring systems are state-of-the-art and extremely intuitive.
Her captain has overseen the entire build and she has been run with a full time professional crew. She has been run and maintained regardless of cost. Any warranty/new build glitches have been rectified and she is totally ready to sail. She is offered at a substantial discount on new build cost.