- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
Fast Go-Anywhere Cruiser!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- MA, United States
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 595,000
EIDER DOWN is an exceptional vessel, built by Morris Yachts soon after purchasing Able Marine. She was layed up by Morris in 2001 and finished by an extremely detail oriented owner whose company specializes in high-end woodworking in 2004. Imagine a boat that was built personally by a boat builder with no time constraints, and every square inch inspected at length by the owner. A surveyor reported that "she was one of the very few vessels in his surveying career that he would place in the BRISTOL category." He went on to say "the workmanship is second to none" and "this is a very well equipped vessel with what appears to be a well informed and experienced owner." EIDER DOWN is a boat that must be seen to be truly appreciated.
Please contact James Allen at 207-244-5509
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Chuck Paine
LOA: 50 ft 10 in
Beam: 14 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 8 in
Displacement: 36000 lbs
Ballast: 11400 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2002
Engine Model: J4H3TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 850
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 Stainless steel (240 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Aluminum (40 Gallons)
Electrical Circuit: 12V
- Composite hull with foam core, vinylester resin and Kevlar hybrid laminate layer in both inner and outer skins.
- Deck foam cored and laid up with vinylester resin.
- Spade rudder with 5" carbon fiber post and upper and lower self aligning bearings.
- External ballest lead keel with stainless steel keel bolts.
- (8) Hull portlights.
- White decks with tan non-skid.
- Sugar scoop stern with steps and boarding gate.
- Large forepeak storage locker accessed from the deck for line/fender/sail storage.
- SS bow rail.
- SS stern rail.
- SS stanchions.
- Double lifelines.
- (9) Bomar deck hatches.
- (6 Fiberglass dorade boxes.
- (6) SS dorade vents (forward four with ss guards).
- SS cabin top hand rails.
- T-shaped cockpit.
- SS wheel with elkhide cover.
- Pedestal with seperate throttle and gear controls.
- SS pedestal guard.
- Cockpit table.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Teak cockpit sole.
- Dodger with zip up front window.
- Welded handrail on aft end of dodge with elkhide cover.
Interior finish & layout
Eider Down's interior is extremely spacious and well appointed. She is finished in exquisite detail with contrasting cherry and curly maple and high gloss varnish. The custom cabinetry has ornate vents cut into each storage door. The cabin sole is traditional teak and holly.
Upon entering the boat at the companionway a large separate shower stall is immediately to port. A watertight bulkhead door give access through the shower stall to the engine and mechanical space aft. Built in drawers and lockers outboard give considerable storage. Access to this area is also available through the port seat locker door in the cockpit.
To starboard at the foot of the companionway is a quarter cabin with a hanging locker outboard and a large built in 8 drawer dresser and built in shelves above. The hull is finished in cherry sheathing. There is a full length shelf outboard and a hull portlight and overhead hatch for light and ventilation.
Moving forward on the starboard side is a spacious sea-friendly U-shaped galley with a three burner stove/oven outboard and a two basin sink facing inboard. The galley is finished with Corian counter tops with fiddles. Separate Fridge and Freezer lift tops are along the aft bulkhead with arched storage lockers above. Outboard are three storage compartments with sliders and a built-in microwave above. Dry storage is available through lift tops outboard fore and aft. Additional storage is offered in drawers and lockers below.
Opposite the galley is a head with a Corian countertop and sink. A cherry framed mirror is on the forward bulkhead. Storage is available from an outboard shelf and two sliders, a hinged locker in the counter as well as another locker outboard and under the sink.
Just forward of the head is a forward facing nav station. Outboard is a full breaker panel with digital amp and volt meters. All instrumentation is flush mounted outboard and forward. A full size computer monitor is mounted diagonally inboard at eye level. The chart table top is hinged with storage within. Outboard are two more liftup storage areas. Drawers are built in below the desk for additional storage.
The main salon is beautifully finished with a raised panel forward bulkhead in cherry and curly maple. Outboard on the port and starboard are lockers (sliding lowers and hinged uppers with arched tops). A full length settee is located to starboard and a U-shaped settee with a large table to starboard. The dinette table has a hinged leaf and a detailed inlay on the top.
Forward of the main salon is a spacious stateroom with a centerline queen bunk. Ample storage is outboard both port and starboard in the way of hanging lockers, upper lockers, and dressers below with drawers. The hull is finished with cherry sheathing. Two hull ports and an overhead hatch give plenty of light and ventilation. A flat screen TV is mounted on the aft bulkhead.
- Yanmar 4JH3TE 75hp marine diesel engine.
- Delux Yanmar engine panel at helm.
- ZF Vee drive reduction gear.
- Exhaust system: raw water discharge manifold ducted over by 2" multi ply flex hose transiting through transom through a water lift receiver.
- Dripless shaft seal.
- SS fuel shufoff valves.
- Dual racor filters with water alarm at nav station.
- 3-blade bronze folding Max Prop.
- 1 1/4" ss shaft.
- Reverso oil change pump.
- 12 VDC System.
- 110VAC 30 Amp shore power.
- 110VAC outlets.
- (4) AGM 4D Batteries (House)
- (1) AGM Start battery.
- (1) AGM Emergency battery.
- Heart Link 1000 battery monitor.
- Heart 2500 watt Inverter.
- Heart 90 amp battery charger.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- (2) Northstar 6000I chart plotters (cockpit bulkhead & nav station).
- Northstar 6000I radar.
- B&G Multi Data (at nav station).
- B&G autopilot (at helm).
- B&G Depth. (at sea hood).
- B&G Speed/Log (at sea hood).
- B&G Wind (at sea hood).
- B&G Tack (at sea hood).
- B&G Compass (at sea hood).
- Raymarine RH200 GPS (nav station).
- Icom IC-M602 VHF Radio (nav station).
- Icom IC802 SSB (nav station).
- Ritchie Globemaster Compass (helm).
- KVH Fluxgate Compass.
- B&G Fluxgate Compass.
- Alpine AM/FM/CD Player.
- Alpine 12 disc CD changer.
- DVD Player (feeds forward stateroom TV and monitor at nav station).
- Alpine amplifier.
- ADS Power amp.
- XM Satellite radio.
- Bose Cockpit Speakers.
- ADS Main salon speakers.
- ADS Fwd cabin speakers.
- ADS Subwoofer.
- Espar Heater.
- Sea Frost Refridgeration with engine driven compressor.
- Sea Frost Shore Assist 110 refridgeration system.
- Princess 3 Burner Range.
- LPG System with Trident control/alarm.
- Isotherm HW heater (11 Gallon)...generator, shorepower, or engine heated.
Sails and Canvas
- Harding D4 Mainsail Pentex 2008 - Excellent.
- Harding Mainsail Pentex 2004 - Good.
- Harding genoa 150% Kevlar 2004 - Excellent.
- Harding genoa 135% Pentex 2004 - Good.
- Harding jib 100% Pentex 2004 - Good.
- Harding heavy weather jib - New.
- Harding storm sail - New.
- Harding Asymetrical spinnaker 2004 - Excellent.
- Sloop rigged.
- GMT double spreader Carbon fiber mast (keel step).
- Leisure Furl Stow Boom.
- Harken roller furling for headsail.
- Rod rigging.
- Sailtec fittings.
- Closed barrel turnbuckles.
- Sailtec Hydraulic boom vang.
- Sailtec Hydraulic backstay.
- Deck mounted traveler.
- Main sheet, main halyard, main furling line, topping lift and genoa/jib sheets run back to the helm.
- (2) Anderson 68 ST Electric.
- (2) Anderson 52 ST Electric.
- (4) Anderson 46 ST
- Muir 12VDC Vertical Capstan windlass and up/down foot switches.
- CQR Stainless steel 60lb anchor.
- 250' 3/8" chain.
- Bruce 60lb anchor.
- 100' chain, 300' 3/4 nylon rode.
- 50' chain 300' nylon rode.
- (2) Electric bilge pumps.
- (2) Manual bilge pumps.
- Emergency manual Edson bilge pump.
- High water alarm.
- Carbon dioxide alarm.
- Propane alarm system.
- Winslow 8 person liferaft.
- Fire Watch FM 200 fixed engine compartment fire system.
- (4) Portable fire extinguishers.
- AIS System.
- Sea Anchor.
- SSB & VHF emergency antenna.
- Radar reflector.
- Life sling.
- Life preservers.
- Man overboard module.
- Flare Kit.
- Hand held search light.
- Emergency tiller.
- Emergency rudder.
- Wood plugs at every seacock.
- Weems & Plath Clock & Barometer.
- Magma propane grill.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Morris Yachts
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 46
Bass Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 46
Bass Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 38