- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 2,300,000
Designed for global adventuring, CABOCHON is unique. She has a raised pilothouse with inside steering station, shoal draft and a foil-shaped centerboard for upwind performance under sail. Construction is fiberglass with laminates of Kevlar for strength and rigidity. With her Hood/Fontaine low-wetted surface hull form, there is unparalleled volume belowdecks. CABOCHON’s spacious accommodations and living space are rarely found in a sailboat of her size, especially one that sails like her and that captures the eye with such flowing and beautiful lines.
Please contact Chet Hartshorn at (401) 965-1370, mobile, or via e-Mail at chartshorn@WellingtonYachts.com for detailed information about this yacht.
Please contact Chet Hartshorn at (401) 965-1370 (Cell)
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Ta Chiao
Designer: Ted Hood/Ted Fontaine
Flag of Registry: Cayman Islands
LOA: 92 ft 0 in
Beam: 21 ft 10 in
LWL: 71 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 198000 lbs
Ballast: 60000 lbs
Total Power: 375 HP
Engine Brand: John Deere
Year Built: 2013
Engine Model: 6090SFM75
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 688
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 375 HP
Cruising Speed: 10 knots
Maximum Speed: 12 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (1000 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (2000 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of twin berths: 4
Number of double berths: 4
Number of cabins: 5
Number of heads: 6
Total Liferaft Capacity: 8
CABOCHON has accommodations for six adults and two children in the owner’s party, with three large private staterooms aft, split-level dining/lounge areas amidships, plus two en-suite cabins forward of the galley for crew. Joinery is finely crafted Euro-style teak with a gloss varnish finish.
The large pilothouse, originally designed for inclement weather, has quickly become the center of activity aboard CABOCHON. It is light and airy with excellent visibility all around. To port is a U-shaped settee and teak table that seats six, great for informal meals, cocktails or just planning the day's activities.
To starboard and forward is the navigation area with throttle and autopilot control, complete with all electronics, nav table and helmsman's seat. Aft of the nav area is a wet bar and coffee machine.
Entered from the pilothouse down full-sized easy-access stairs and hallway, the master stateroom aft has two queen sized beds, port and starboard, a makeup area, two cedar-lined hanging lockers, plenty of storage space and his and hers bathrooms. Aft, a centerline vestibule leads to a private aft cockpit.
Forward of the master stateroom and separated by a passageway are two guest staterooms, each with en-suite head and stall shower. Both guest staterooms have two twin beds, plus fold-away Pullman berths for children. Both cabins have cedar-lined hanging lockers, plenty of storage space, two opening portholes for ventilation and deck prisms for additional natural light.
The full-beam salon is open to the pilothouse salon, so that the pilothouse windows reach over 50 percent of the salon. Two hatches provide abundant natural light in the salon. To starboard there is a dining area for six. To port is an L-shaped couch with coffee table and a 40" LCD TV connected to a satellite dish as well as to the central navigation computer. In addition to ample dry storage, there is a built-in wine rack, refrigerator and ice maker (new 2015).
Forward of the main salon, a sliding teak door, as well as a watertight MCA door, lead to a large, U-shaped galley and crew mess. The fully-equipped galley has a large hatch for light and/or fresh air while at anchor, so the running of A/C (new 2013) is often an elective. There are multiple freezer compartments to support “around-the-world” adventuring.
- Broadwater 4-burner propane stove and oven
- KitchenAid cook top
- KitchenAid microwave oven (new 2013)
- KitchenAid dishwasher (new 2016)
- KitchenAid trash compactor
- Sub Zero vertical refrigerator with (2) bottom drawers
- Sub Zero (2) freezer drawers
- Lift-up, under-counter freezer compartment outboard (D.C.) (new 2013)
- Sub-sole freezer compartment (D.C.) (new 2013)
- Miscellaneous small appliances
- Extractor fan and lighting over stove
- Double stainless steel sinks with retractable faucet (new 2013)
- Corian countertops
- Cork flooring
Two double crew cabins are located forward of the galley. Each cabin has its own sink and toilet and shares a centrally located shower.
The crew mess is equipped with its own entertainment center, including LCD TV (new 2016), DVD, CD and radio. The Miele washer (new 2015) and Miele dryer are located beside the crew mess for easy access.
Aft of the pilothouse is a large cockpit protected by a rigid bimini top and dodger (both new 2010) for maximum comfort. There is a U-shaped seating area to port with a teak table that opens for cocktails or on-deck dining. Opposite to starboard is an L-shaped seating area with an additional teak table. Blue cushions with white piping (new 2015) complement the “Whisper Gray” Awlgrip house. Awlgripped teak trim and teak deck. In the cockpit there is a top-loading refrigerator to port of the pilothouse companionway and cabinet space to starboard.
Aft of the cockpit area is the raised helm area. A U-shaped settee surrounds the 4.5 foot wheel and pedestal, which accommodates navigational instruments, compass, engine controls and toggle controls for easy command and control of all sail handling. CABOCHON can literally be sailed by just one person without leaving the helm.
On the aft deck, there is a private owners' cockpit and hydraulic swim platform for easy access to and from the water.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Navigation and communications equipment is MCA- and Global Maritime Distress & Safety System (GMDSS) compliant.
- B&G Hercules 2000 system with Performance Processor, (2) FFDs, (4) 20/20 displays, 360 wind, magnified wind, rudder angle, speed sensor, depth sensor and inclinometer
- Hercules 2000 Pilot with (2) stations and one remote control. Running either of Gyro or of B&G compass
- Simrad GN33 SDGPS
- Simrad GN54 15" color chart plotter/ radar/ SDGPS/depth sounder
- New Raymarine 12” sun view chart plotter (2014) with ICOM AIS receiver
- Navtex NX-300 receiver
- SSB-GMDSS compliant Skanti TRP1150 DSC with SCS PTC-II Pro modem
- VHF - DSC - GMDSS
- RS8400 - GMDSS
- Class B DSC controller for RS8400
- RS87 VHF with active handset
- Additional active handset for RS87
- SatCom, Iridium GO!, phone and data
- Thrane & Thrane TT-3020C with GPS
- KVH G6 satellite TV
- Fish Finder Furuno FCV-600L installed in dinghy
- Weather Station Ocens Sea Station 2000 Micro
- Weather Fax
- EPIRB ACR Global Fix 406 Category 1
- Computer Systemax with Nobeltec
HYDRAULICS and DECK EQUIPMENT
The ship's hydraulics are an integrated system designed by Maxpower. This system allows the functions to be powered by three sources: Maxpower DC-pump or (2) Rexroth Genset driven PTO's. Backstay hydraulics overhauled (2013)
- Hydraulic repairs with new valve blocks, furler motor and hoses (2015)
- (2) CQR anchors, with 300 and 500 ft chain (re-galvanized, 2011)
- Fortress anchor, 3 piece
- Muir hydraulic windlasses mounted under hatch (both overhauled 2015)
- Solimar flush hatches with solid teak rims
- Teak decks (sanded and re-seamed as necessary, 2013)
- Teak bow seat
- Teak stern seats
- Dinghy lift aluminum davits with hydraulic function
- Hydraulic stern stairs and teak boarding platform
- Hot and cold shower, at stairs
- (8) Deck prisms
- Sturdy, rigid bimini (new 2009), dodger and connective piece (canvas, new 2010)
- Viking 8-person Solas life raft (new 2015)
- Full list of safety gear
- Chocks on foredeck for dinghy, as well as davits on the stern
- New fire alarm system (2014)
- Fire extinguishers (new 2015)
- Life lines (new 2015)
14'-11" center console, hard bottom Novurania inflatable including fish finder with depth sounder and nav lights. New inflatable pontoons, new seats, new steering (2013).
Yamaha 60 hp 4-stroke outboard engine. New prop (2013). New covers for dinghy and outboard engine (2015).
- 40" LCD in salon (new 2012)
- 30" LCD in master stateroom
- 24" LCD in crew mess
- Sat TV, DVD CD
- Surround sound in salon with additional speakers in pilothouse, cockpit and aft cockpit
- Separate system in master stateroom
- (2) Northern Lights 1800 RPM generators 25 kW – (Port gen.@ 5,950 hrs./ Stbd. gen @ 5,760 hrs.). Major service (2015)
- 2000 Ah Mastervolt batteries (new 2015)
- Mastervolt 3x100A and 1x40A charging system
- 300A Electrodyne alternator on main engine
- 220-volt single phase 100A Shore Power with transformer
- Cablemaster to store 90’ cable (new 2016)
- 4 kW inverter for house bank (new 2014) and 2.5 kW Mastervolt inverter for nav station
HULL and CONSTRUCTION
The hull is built with composite material and a sandwich structure using Core-cell foam core. An additional five layers of Kevlar were incorporated for extra strength. The deck and pilothouse are also sandwich construction with E-glass. Centerboard configuration offers minimum draft of 6”-6” with board up and a maximum draft of 18’ with board down. New rudder bearings (2013). New bottom paint (October, 2015).
Lloyd's Construction Hull Certificate
- “Flag Blue” Awlgrip hull (2015) with varnished teak exterior trim
- “Light Gray” Awlgrip nonskid (2015)
- “Whisper Gray” Awlgrip house (2015)
- Integral rubrail with a stainless steel striker
- (4) Watertight bulkheads
ENGINE/ MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
Large well-laid-out engine room (new paint 2015) with easy access to all pumps and power, stand-up headroom next to main engine.
- John Deere 6-cylinder Model 6090SFM75, 375 hp engine (688 hours) (new 2013)
- 90 cm 3-blade Maxprop propeller
- Max Power 35 hp bow thruster (new 2010)
- Chilled water MarineAir air conditioning (compressors and air handlers new 2015)
- Sea Recovery watermaker, 60 gallons/h 11 OV AC
- Sea Recovery watermaker, 8 gallons/h 25V DC
- Isotherm water heaters (new 2011)
- Water pump (new 2016)
- Fuel polishing system (new 2014)
- Shaft seal (new 2015)
SAILS and RIGGING
- World-renowned French Lorima Carbon Fiber mast with 4 spreaders and in-mast furling, “Whisper Gray” Awlgrip
- Navtec rigging and hydraulics
- Mast pulled and painted (October 2015)
- Rod rigging (new 2015)
- Mast partner with Spartite (new 2015)
- Spectra running rigging (mainsheet, outhaul and genoa sheets (new 2012 / 2016)
- 1,944 ft.² Hood Vectron mainsail (new 2010)(serviced by Hood 2015)
- 828 ft.² Spectra Polyester Hood Vectron staysail (new 2010)(serviced by Hood 2015)
- 2,583 ft.² Hood Vectron genoa (new 2010)(serviced by Hood 2015)
- 5,346 ft.² PCS spinnaker
- 204 ft.² two-ply Storm Orange Dacron storm (Halsey Lidgard)
- 527 ft.² two-ply Storm Orange Dacron trysail (Halsey Lidgard)
- (4) Nielson (Harken) for genoa and staysail sheets
- Magic Trim for mainsheet
- Magic Trim in boom for outhaul
- (2) Harken 3-speed MPS/running backstay
- (2) Harken 2-speed halyard/mast winches
- Harken foredeck winch
- Reckmann for main, staysail and headstay
- All sail handling is fingertip controlled via toggles located at the helm station
For a virtual tour, click on http://virtualimmersions.com/tours/cabochon/index.html.
Built for an experienced yachtsman and launched in December, 2004, CABOCHON's stout construction, world-class features and attention to detail are evident everywhere, from her robust practical engineering and redundant systems, to beautifully book-matched teak joinery and dovetailed drawers. CABOCHON is remarkable in that she brings so many desirable features – shoal draft (board up = 6’6”/ board down = 18’), performance under sail and comfort at sea, to name a few – together all in one beautiful vessel. She has just completed a major yard refit, including pulling the mast, all new rigging, an entire new (Awlgrip) paint job that encompassed the hull, superstructure, davits, mast, boom and spreaders, painting and repair of all hatches, new interior varnish, new carpet and new soft goods. With fresh bottom paint, she is ready for her next owner.
Exceptional value – inspection highly recommended.
All artwork and owner's personal effects are excluded from the sale.
Not for sale or charter to U.S. residents while in U.S. waters.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Wellington Yacht Partners
Annapolis, MD, United States
Little Harbor 60
Bristol, RI, United States
New Bedford, MA, United States
Stuart, FL, United States
Vista 515 Center cockpit
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States